Slavery Begin 400 Years. Ago -1619..

Read. 400- Years. Ago 1619 ,Slave. Ships. With. Kidnapped. Africans,Begin. Coming. To. America.  .  The. Slave. Ships. That. Did,Not,Sink...  .Not. To. Forget. The. Slave. Ship. Jesus..There  Is,Confusion  Among  Black   People ,When  Black   People  Became,Christians.  Myself  And  Other Black  People  ,Belief,Christianity. Was  Forced  Upon  Black   People.  Slave  Owners,Used   The  Bible  To. Justify  Slavery.  . .  How  ,Many ,Black,Preachers,Preach  About  Slavery  In   The  Bible? Bible,Supports,Slavery,War,Murder,Abortion ,Rape,Child. Rape..How,Many. Black. Christian. Bible. Readers,Want. Reparations ,For. Slavery.  ? Bible. Supports. Slavery..  Listen. To. The. Ojays  Song-Ship. Ahoy   It's. About. The. Slave. Ships....

• Like 1

To be clear, their were Africans in the Americas for THOUSANDS of years before the Great Ma'afa (Trans Atlantic Slave Trade).

And while the first slaves were brought to the United State in 1619 (before it even was the United States), slavery actually started in North America around 1555.

The reason there's a 64 year difference in the dates is because of a very horrible fact.

In 1555 the first few boats of Africans were brought to the ISLANDS of the Carribean like Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, ect......
These Africans were beaten, tortured, and trained to become slaves and their children were taught this also.
They were forced to forget their religions, thier languages, their diets.....and forced to adopt Christianity, learn English, and eat rotten food that wasn't good for them.
This was called "breaking".

THEN after 64 years of torture and breaking down the will and bodies of Africans and making them fit for the dehumanizing conditions of slavery then THEIR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN were brought to the mainland to be slaves in 1619.

To learn more about this process of slave-making and buck-breaking, I suggest a book by a brother named Alfred Ali called 64 Years To Make a Negro.

Image result for 64 years to make a negro

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Troy said:

You should know that letter is a hoax, which makes me question the rest of book.

You sure do judge a lot of book by their covers. My Reagan/pedophile article - you dismissed because the first thing you saw at the top was an image of the Washington Times and did not read beyond that because you didn't like that one image.

"64 Years" was published in 1995. Nobody started questioning the authenticity of the Willie Lynch speech until the mid-2000s when said speech was first circulated on the NEW internet and easily found by anyone. Alfred Ali found the Lynch speech the old fashioned way - digging through card catalogs at libraries. Jelani Cobb, who you're referencing as the guy who called the letter a hoax, had the easy job of criticizing someone else's work in 2004. There were in fact "Lynch Laws" named after a Captain William Lynch. But some say those laws were named after Charles Lynch. Some say not one black man or woman was raped by white people during slavery times too. Just sayin'.

Ali's "64 Years" is a painful, but good read. We're not going to revoke all those Image Awards the Denzel Washington movie "The Great Debaters" won since it mentions the Willie Lynch speech. The movie was released in 2007, three years after Cobb said Lynch is a hoax. There's no need to condemn Ali's work just because of one page. He's a Detroit school teacher and firefighter who had the courage to write this book. Good for him.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kareem said:

You sure do judge a lot of book by their covers. My Reagan/pedophile article - you dismissed because the first thing you saw at the top was an image of the Washington Times and did not read beyond that because you didn't like that one image.

I've been a bookseller for over 20 years, yes I judge books by their cover -- every single day.

The cover contains clues on what is inside. If a nonfiction book is asserting that the willie lynch letter is factual im putting down and looking for a source that has done some basic research. Dosen't that make sense?

The Washington Times is a questionable source conclusions drawn from it are therefore questionable.

If someone stepped to me and said, "President Trump said ... " I've stopped listening at "Trump."

There is only so much time in a day Brother.

As an aside, I believe the guy who wrote the Willie lynch letter is still running around, but that can as much a hoax as the letter. 

Why mention the great debators?  I know you are not using a Hollywood film to bolster your argument? There are people looking for flights to Wakanda too.

People still buy the letter through the site , https://aalbc.com/books/bookinfo.php?isbn13=9781930097087 despite me stating it is a hoax. I keep it in the site as a historical record

18 hours ago, Troy said:

The Washington Times is a questionable source conclusions drawn from it are therefore questionable.

That's my point. No conclusions were drawn from it as stated in the other thread. No point in rehashing since the details were disregarded.

Yes, it's good practice to stop listening when pathological liars and criminals speak (Trump).

I mentioned the Great Debaters because it referenced the piece that is the subject of this thread, not to bolster an argument. I don't know what Wakanda is, though I see that word all the time.

Playing both sides of the fence is easy though. Claiming something is a hoax, but also selling it, is capitalism. But this is the USA and that's what this country is about. I ain't mad at you for that.

11 hours ago, Delano said:

Don't book covers, sell books. Which is why there are covers book.

Yes and today that refers mostly to headlines. "Judging a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase. It refers to people prejudging someone or something based solely on appearance. It doesn't necessarily refer to books. Assuming a black person is not intelligent simply because they look (are) black is judging a book by its cover. Guacamole looks gross. I never tried it until a year ago as a result. Its actually pretty good when fresh.

2 hours ago, Kareem said:

That's my point. No conclusions were drawn from it as stated in the other thread.

Then why lead with the big image of the newspaper. Obviously it was put there fir a reason. What was the reason?

I mentioned the Great Debaters because it referenced the piece that is the subject of this thread, not to bolster an argument. I don't know what

Then what point were you making for introducing the film? @Kareem I'll take you at your word, but I find hard to believe that you are completely unaware of the most popular "cultural" reference associated with Blackness in recent memory.

Playing both sides of the fence is easy though. Claiming something is a hoax, but also selling it, is capitalism.

That would be an inaccurate asssessment. If you look at the page I make it quite plain the the book is a hoax with a link to a page explaining why. The book was on the sites before I became aware  that the letter was a hoax. Today if you search the site fir the letter you will discover content explaining the same. I keep the book on the site just for that reason.

Beside you must know that real capitalist would NEVER run this site. There are far easier ways to make money.

Judging a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase. It refers to people prejudging someone or something based solely on appearance.

This is correct, but @Delano's comment was appropriate, because you wrote, 

On 9/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, Kareem said:

You sure do judge a lot of book by their covers.

The implication being that I shouldn't do it.

I'm not aware of a book promoting a conspiracy theory or something that is factually inaccurate, on the cover, that is worth opening. There are too many other books and life is short.

Troy

The book cover on "the site that begins with A," that you linked to

????
I didn't provide a link in that post.

Man, you don't believe in ANYTHING do you....lol.
You don't believe in race.
You don't believe the Illuminati exists.
You don't believe the Willie Lynch letter is authentic.

I picture you just sitting in a chair with your arms folded and one eye brow raised whenever people are talking to you, lol.

Kareem

Thanks.
Lol.....man you didn't a better and more articulate job defending my post than I would have!

7 hours ago, Troy said:

Then why lead with the big image of the newspaper.

I already explained this in the other post that you didn't read and refuse to read. The big image of the Washington Times headline, the second-largest newspaper in DC by circulation then and now, grabs attentions. That's what headlines do; that's what "covers" do. That's Journalism 101. The Times, again as I explained in the other post that you refuse to read and are allergic too, is the newspaper equivalent of Fox News. Thus them writing a story like that about Reagan would, AGAIN, be like Fox covering Trump's rapes. Can you at least acknowledge you read this to avoid further repetition?

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I find hard to believe that you are completely unaware of the most popular "cultural" reference associated with Blackness in recent memory.

Willie Lynch is the most popular black cultural reference in recent memory? Guess I'm out of the loop. I also mentioned in another thread that I don't own a TV and don't watch TV. The last movie I saw in a theater was "American Reunion." As you have said a few times, life is short. I don't waste it in front of TVs and movie screens. I'd rather be fishing, reading or blogging.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

If you look at the page I make it quite plain the the book is a hoax

Ok. My point is that you sell it but don't believe in it. That is the definition of capitalism (capitalizing on a product) and that is fine. That is America.

If you dislike the book because of one reference to Willie Lynch, that's your prerogative. No sense in critiquing one another back and forth.

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol.....man you didn't a better and more articulate job defending my post than I would have!

I exist to protect, defend and fight alongside my brothers, in fox holes and forums! 😀 I don't mind the disagreements. This is healthy among brothers!

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I picture you just sitting in a chair with your arms folded and one eye brow raised whenever people are talking to you, lol.

ROTFLMBAO! 

3 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Guess I'm out of the loop.

Yeah you are the reference to Wakanda was everywhere. It got to the point where I was sick of seeing it because young white boys invented it and now Black people embrace it believing it is real and are trying visit the fictional place. We are so needy having so much of our history stolen from us -- you ain't missing anything.

7 minutes ago, Kareem said:

My point is that you sell it but don't believe in it.

I see you missed the reason i keep the book on my site.

Also there are plenty of books on the site that i dont believe in or even particularly care for personally, but the are on the site because I know there is an audience for them.

I'm not sure what definition of capitalism you are working with but aalbc is fundamentally a capitalist entity, but I'm also mission driven and will call hoaxes out as i become aware if them because I care about ADOS.