The Top 50 Black-Owned Websites and CNN anchor Zain E. Asher’s New Memoir – April 26, 2022

WhereChildrenTakeUs SocialGraphicsAALBC

Paying tribute to her mother’s strength and determination to raise four successful children in the shadow of tragedy, Where the Children Take Us is a spellbinding memoir by popular CNN anchor Zain E. Asher. An unforgettable portrait of strength, tenacity, love, and perseverance embodied in one towering woman. Buy Now ▶

top-50-blackowned-websites-news

Our mission includes uplifting websites created by, and for, people of African descent. These sites are sorted by the strength of their “AALBC Score.” Check out the more than 400 (and growing) popular, Black-owned, websites considered for inclusion on this top 50 list.

AALBC.com also researches and reports on, Top Black Book Websites, Black-Owned Bookstores, Black-Owned Magazines, and Black-Owned Newspapers, in the United States. You may also use our Huria Search engine; which is a curated search engine that only returns results from Black-owned websites—including these top 50 and hundreds of others. Read why this list of Black-owned websites was created.

Troy-D-Johnson-AALBC-Founder-2020-news

Dear Reader,

I’ve strayed from my usual focus on books to the World Wide Web. I have always been a strong advocate for independent websites and Black-owned indie websites in particular.

I’ve been creating websites since it was possible to do so—for over 25 years. One of the most dramatic changes I’ve seen is how much harder it is for indie websites to survive, As a result, the WWW is a less diverse and rich place than it could be. The biggest reason is that Google’s search results are dominated by its products and advertisements. The actual search results are biased toward corporate sites. This makes indie harder to discover. Other reasons include the dominance of social media sites that use our data to addict us to their platforms.

If Black-owned websites are to be created and thrive, we have to take an active role in making it happen. This is why I spend time and energy creating the lists I’ve shared above. Hopefully, you will share this information and support these sites and any others you find valuable.

Always remember Reader, you are why we’ve been able to make AALBC the premier online platform for books by, or about, people of African descent. Your paid subscriptions, book purchases, suggestions, engagement on the site, commenting, social sharing, and advertisements help support AALBC’s mission.

Peace and Love,
Troy Johnson
Founder & Webmaster, AALBC.com

This message is sponsored by Amistad
Consider sponsoring our eNewsletter or a dedicated email.
★ AALBC.com eNewsletter – April 26, 2022 - Issue #358