How can you tell yof something is true?

I don't think we can ever tell if something is absolutely true, including what i just said.  

All that we see or seem

Is just a dream within a

Dream.

Maybe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

I don't think we can ever tell if something is absolutely true, including what i just said.  

Lol....who is "we"?

Speak for yourself,  because I CAN tell when some things are true.

I know it's raining outside.
I see it and can stick my hand out the window and feel it.

Don't make things more complicated than they need to be.

15 hours ago, Cynique said:

I had the same thought yesterday. The thought I had this morning was that life has a theme. I am not certain f you choose it, it is chosen for you, or perhaps it is the interface with your talents and opportunities.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 6:36 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Lol....who is "we"?

Speak for yourself,  because I CAN tell when some things are true.

I know it's raining outside.
I see it and can stick my hand out the window and feel it.

Don't make things more complicated than they need to be

@Pioneer1 

Who is  the "it" you know is raining?

What you think is true may be a hallucination.  You may just be                         imagining it's raining. 

When it comes to the subject under discussion, i'll make things                         as complicated or as simple as i please.  You don't set the                                 rules.  So keep your unsolicited advice to yourself. 

i said: "I don't think we can ever tell if something is absolutely                           true." If you don't agree with my opinion,  that's your problem.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:05 AM, Cynique said:

i said: "I don't think we can ever tell if something is absolutely                           true."

I am pretty certain this is true otherwise there wouldn't be opposing viewpoints. 

Last year I met a flat earther. I was unsuccessful in convincing them the earth was round.

18 hours ago, Delano said:

Last year I met a flat earther. I was unsuccessful in convincing them the earth was round.

Of course not.  Being a "flat earther" is than just the belief, it is the way the "flat earther's" brain works.  

Consider my years-long effort to convince @Pioneer1 that the social construct of race is not based in genetics. There is nothing that will change his mind; it is something he chooses to believe.

The flat earther simply cannot see the flaws in their reasoning, which is obvious to others.  Maybe there is a medical term for this... 

In any event, I'm not surprised you were unable to convince the flat earther that the planet is round... technically an oblate spheroid 😉

Cynique

What you think is true may be a hallucination. 

Not likely.
I'm healthy mentally and physically and all of my senses are working properly.

Also, other people agreed with me that it was raining.

Troy

The flat earther simply cannot see the flaws in their reasoning, which is obvious to others.  Maybe there is a medical term for this... 

In any event, I'm not surprised you were unable to convince the flat earther that the planet is round... technically an oblate spheroid

But would you dare put "flat Earthers" and those who believe in the concept of racial classification in the SAME category?

That would be similar to me putting those who don't believe in the concept of racial classification in the same category of those who deny the existence of racism period.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

would be similar to me putting those who don't believe in the concept of racial classification in the same category of those who deny the existence of racism period.

No all three of you share a common trait you're misinformed. 

@Delano I guess on some level, and on somethings, we all have a little "flat earther" in us. 

I'm sure there is nothing Neil Degrass Tyson could say to dissuade you in your belief in Astrology. 

On 7/27/2023 at 7:36 PM, Pioneer1 said:

But would you dare put "flat Earthers" and those who believe in the concept of racial classification in the SAME category?

Yes. What is the difference?  Both people reject the observable facts, manufacture their own perspectives, seek like-minded people to reinforce the false beliefs, and reject anything that might undermine their perspective.

People who believe there is a genetic basis for race are no different than Flat Earthers or antivaxxers same mentality, different subject.

As I suggested earlier, our minds working this way is part of the human condition... natural.  

6 hours ago, Troy said:

guess on some level, and on somethings, we all have a little "flat earther" in us. 

I'm sure there is nothing Neil Degrass Tyson could say to dissuade you in your belief in Astrology

Other Astrologers don't believe I can predict specific events. However he is neither my audience nor my client.