Somebody Needs This Word Of Inspiration

Excuse me for rambling on a Sunday morning but I figured I'd share this minor message of hope and inspiration for those who may need a "word" today.

As Troy and many of you who work with computers already know, computers are very very complex.
Just when you think you know your computer and it's abilities....you continue to be educated on what you THOUGHT you knew but actually DIDN'T know and still DON'T know about it.

I'm no computer tech, but every so often when I have a little free time on my hands and I'm bored, I'll go "exploring" my computer.
Going through the Settings and Programs checking things out and call myself trying to figure out and find out what they do and how they operate and constantly discover new things until something else gets my attention and I break away from it.
But what REALLY gets me is how I can "google" a problem and computer experts will tell me to put some words in the little windows search box and it will pull up all kinds of information on my computer and it's abilities that I couldn't find and didn't even think to look for by searching it on my own!

Just the other day I had problems hooking my computer up to my flatscreen television and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the problem going through the settings of the computer and television until I googled the problem and it gave me the exact procedure in how to fix it....and obviously it worked!

Why am I saying all of this?

I learn lessons from incidents like this.
One of the biggest lessons I've learned and at this point the lesson continues to be not just learned but CONFIRMED over and over again is that there is a SOLUTION to EVERY problem.
Even if YOU don't now it....SOMEONE does.
It's a matter or going to the right Sources.

No matter what the problem is, a solution....most likely SEVERAL solutions....exist.

Will you find it in time?
Will you find it at all?

Who knows......but rest assured, the solution DOES exist.

Perhaps whether you find it or not depends on how bad you want it and how much time you're willing to spend searching for it.

The search engine tools are great for sharing knowledge and information.

Technology makes those individuals who are so inclined to be more self-sufficient.

Of course, the downside is that technology can also give folks the false sense of  subject matter expert minus years of study and hands-on experience.

I'm running across too many folks with these G88gle PhDs especially when it comes to medical sh8t.😁

Take that goofy azz to a hospital when feeling sick and/or in pain. Let a real doctor check it out. 🤣

I get calls from homeowners who've thought they could tackle home improvement projects after watching a few videos.

When I show up with the *right* tools and expertise to either do the job or un-f8ck what they've done...the look of surprise is priceless.

Otherwise, for most simple problems, the solutions are a available. Being equipped to solve the problem is required as well.

@Pioneer1, thanks for sharing the word. Glad you've got your computer and TV hooked up too. 😎

• Thanks 1

Yeah people think everything is on Google… which of course it is not.

The same goes for ChatGPT, it shells out a lot of amazing answers i often use it instead of search, but it is not perfect. I’ve been using it for several weeks several hours a day and it is amazing, but as with Google you really need to know a little something about what you are searching you also need to  know how  to think critically otherwise you we’ll be easily misinformed. 

I hear you about solutions to problems, @Pioneer1, but there are indeed some problems which are intractable without real solutions and we just do the best we can anyway… perhaps that is the real solution. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just like in a disease, there is a difference between a CURE and a mere TREATMENT.
In a problem, there is a difference between a SOLUTION and MANAGING.

Every problem.....EVERY problem....has a solution.
We may not know what it is, but SOMEONE knows and as I've said before there are usually MULTIPLE solutions to every single problem.

It's a matter of being smart enough to figure out how to solve it.

Even if a person loses both of their legs.
The solution is for them to grow two new pair.
The solution exists....the question is who is smart enough to figure out how to grow two new legs on a human being?

However if you don't live long enough or have the brainpower to find the actual solution (cure) to the problem.....the next best thing is to work apply the best methods to manage (treat) the problem until you solve it.

So the person who lost their legs.....
Until a person discovers a way to grow two new pair (which they probably already have) the next best thing is to give a person artificial legs they can use inplace of the actual ones.

This knowledge can give hope to the Black race!