They Cloned Tyrone

I haven't seen the movie yet.  Interestingly, John Boyega is the star. He's been labeled  as a Tether.😁

Tethers are non-ADOS (American Descendants of Slavery) or FBA (Foundational Black Americans) Black folks who reap benefits from the AfroAmerican struggle.😎

Yeah, he's the main character too.

He's of African descent but I think he was born and raised in England.
Kind of like the dude who played the Black man in "Get Out".

Not sure what to say about it.
I like the fact that Black actors.....especially dark skinned brothers who actually look Black....are getting some shine.
I can't complain too much about whether they come from the U.S. or Africa.

So many Black men here in the U.S. are fucked up one way or the other, they CAN'T star in movies.
They are too busy smoking dope, involved in nefarious activity, running from police,  and trying to get their lives together.
So now LESS DYSFUNCTIONAL Black folks from overseas have to come here and take up the slack for some of these niccaz.
It's a shame.

I just finished watching the film. It was “okay.” Nobody will win an academy award. 

the premise was interesting, but not a lot was done with it. It played with a lot of racial stereotypes which originated in a novel way.

i could see where people would really like it. Probably best viewed in a group with a buzz.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:43 PM, Pioneer1 said:

So now LESS DYSFUNCTIONAL Black folks from overseas have to come here and take up the slack for some of these niccaz.

It's a shame.

White folks are replacing *functional* AfroAmericans with tethers and immigrants too.😎 

When I was still working as a business professional about 2005, I had a chance to

visit Wal-Mart's corporate office in Bensonville, Arkansas for a couple of weeks.  It was

loaded with H-1B people from India as contractors.  Hundreds.   They would walk up and

down the street  with their billowy clothes blowing in the wind.  On the wallls of

their corporate complex, they have pictures of their corporate employees.  Lilly white.

People from India have moved in to run gas stations in the Hartford, Connecticut area,

and outside of D.C, such as Manansas, Va, which I was suprised to see on a trip about ten years ago.

There has always been a well pronounced presence of Hindus in running and owning the smaller motels

throughout the U.S.   Biden is racially targeting Chinese from owning prime land.

ProfD

White folks are replacing *functional* AfroAmericans with tethers and immigrants too.

I have to admit this is true.
I'm beginning to understand why.

zeke1234

When I was still working as a business professional about 2005, I had a chance to visit Wal-Mart's corporate office in Bensonville, Arkansas for a couple of weeks.  It wasloaded with H-1B people from India as contractors.  Hundreds.   They would walk up and down the street  with their billowy clothes blowing in the wind.  On the wallls of their corporate complex, they have pictures of their corporate employees.  Lilly white.

People from India have moved in to run gas stations in the Hartford, Connecticut area,  and outside of D.C, such as Manansas, Va, which I was suprised to see on a trip about ten years ago.
There has always been a well pronounced presence of Hindus in running and owning the smaller motels throughout the U.S. 

Oh man, I love my dark skinned Indians...lol.

They are THIRD in line behind the AfroAmericans and Africans.

I'll accept them all day.

I know many of them are very racist and anti-Black, but we can work that out easily in a generation or two with the correct strategy

I've met Indian men and women whom were racist that all it took was a plane ride or train ride with me to break down barriers and remove nearly a life time of racist Hindu and Western media indoctrination....lol.

That's why it's important to know a little about religions and history.
You can break the facts down to people in a way they can understand it and change their entire perspective.

19 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You can break the facts down to people in a way they can understand it and change their entire perspective.

What?! Rarely is this the case with most people.  Exhibit #1: You!  In all the years of engaging with people here have you ever changed your mind about anything (let alone an entire perspective)?  If so, please relate the experience.

4 hours ago, Troy said:

What?! Rarely is this the case with most people.  Exhibit #1: You!  In all the years of engaging with people here have you ever changed your mind about anything (let alone an entire perspective)?  If so, please relate the experience.

That's because:

1. My mind is stronger than most....lol.
I don't cave to peer pressure or "follow the crowd".
You need a certain LEVEL of evidence and proof to change MY mind about something.

2. I'm usually right.
Not always, but usually.
Why would someone who is already RIGHT need to "change" their mind?????