Black Federalism in the USA

Why hasn't federalism been more publicly stated by Black leaders?   

1 member has voted

1. 1. IS the modern, 2023, Black populace in the USA mostly ranked with hyper federalist? [ i explain in the post]

• yes
    • no

@aMhayes made a post about voting rights , linked at the bottom of this post, and as always I think of the history in all questions. The question is always, how do you get from there to here. How did the Black populace that was majority anti white in the british colonial form of the usa become majority pro -usa in modernity,multiple centuries? A long process, constant white opposition/suppression of black individuals/groups/leaders who oppose embracing whites or the USA in the black populace in the USA, a persistence among black individuals or groups who want to embrace whites or the usa, whether financed by whites or not.

Now what does what was have to do with black federalism? nothing. But it is important to comprehend how an angry/vengeful populace to whites plus the usa, becomes not. It is important to display to any black children the truth about the black populace in the usa or elsewhere.

Now to Federalism, from the minority in the minority of Blacks that sided with white enslavers to found the usa through frederick douglass to Obama/Sharpton/side most Blacks of above normal financial wealth or government, A form of federalism is what they talked about and what black people in the usa rarely say. 

While white people spoke of the usa alongside state pride, ala the virginian, black people who supported the usa, a minority in the black populace at the usa's infancy, never spoke of state pride but usa pride. Frederick Douglass spoke of USA pride, he never spoke in terms of one state in the union or even a region. The words from Martin Luteher King jr to those like Obama is clearly federal. But of a specific form. This is hyper federalism. 

I realize now what it is Black people, of a differing philosophy to my own,  in the USA want. They want a hyper federalism. A federalism that imposes on state/county/city the only legal protections in the usa that can allow a anti-violent , financially impotent or lesser community the freedom to grow aside a militaristically powerful, financially potent one. That is constitutional law. States laws by default are 50 forms, to varying to rely upon. Counties and cities are worse. But, the federal law is the zone. 

The problem is leaders among said Black folks never publicly call for hyper federalism.

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/10615-looming-supreme-court-decision-regarding-voting-redistricting/#comment-63784

10 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I realize now what it is Black people, of a differing philosophy to my own,  in the USA want. They want a hyper federalism.

The problem is leaders among said Black folks never publicly call for hyper federalism.

Firstly, there are no real Black leaders in the US. They are spokespersons who have appointed themselves to speak on our behalf. We do not follow them.

Over 150 years and counting, the actions of Black folks indicate a complacency with some form of hyper-federalism.

Black folks aren't interested in having their own state in which to govern and enrich themselves.

Having built the US, AfroAmericans are entitled to the same citizenship and governance that benefits white folks.

However, not having benefited from the wealth created by our ancestors and thoroughly enjoyed by white folks, some AfroAmericans believe we should receive reparations to include a number of things. Most importantly, cut the checks.

But, in terms of governance, AfroAmericans as full US citizens want equality and justice; a system of balance and fairness. 

Non-Afro-American Black folks are totally satisfied with the status quo of hyper federalism. They're just happy to live, work and play among white folks.😎

@ProfD 

In this community, forum posters, including me + you,  have discussed that different tribes of Black people exist in the black populace in the usa.  Said groups vary in how they define leadership in the black populace in the usa, all forms/the history of the black populace in the usa all forms/ how to interpret the history of the black populace in the usa, all form/ the varying rise in strength or fall in strength of various black tribes in the black populace in the usa, all forms/ the relationship of black people to the usa government, all forms [colonial british to modernity]/ and more.  I accept the existence of varying tribes in the black community in the usa. i don't see it as problematic. I wish more Black people embraced their own tribe in the village instead of the proselytization stance of applying their tribes viewpoint as a standard or reference for all. 

Losing isn't complacent. I always tell Black children, we lost and usually lose. Losing isn't evil. the NAtive American lost more and still lose today, have they been complacent? the palestinean lost, still losing, it wasn't from complacency. Hell, the Gauls weren't complacent when they lost to the roman empire. Losing does not equal complacency. Yes, Black people tried black colleges/black churches/black cities ala exodusting/ Black movement to Africa/ black urban armed movement/Federal law ala civil rights act that black people allowed themselves to be abused nonviolently, but we didn't get what we worked very hard for in any of those plans. It happens. Korea spent hundreds of years a satrap of china or nippon, that wasn't because of complacency. I find your word choice terrible at times, especially if a black child heard this.

I can tell you with 1005 assurity, not all non DOS black folk are totally satisfied with hyper federalism or the usa. I know non DOS black folk who returned to the caribbean or africa. I know DOSers who left for the caribbean or africa. Again, my primary issue with your stance is the inability of you to accept the black populace in the usa is a village with many tribes. Now maybe you want the village to only have one tribe but that goal is an extreme challenge 

39 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

In this community, forum posters, including me + you,  have discussed that different tribes of Black people exist in the black populace in the usa. 

I wish more Black people embraced their own tribe in the village instead of the proselytization stance of applying their tribes viewpoint as a standard or reference for all. 

Losing isn't complacent. I always tell Black children, we lost and usually lose.

I find your word choice terrible at times, especially if a black child heard this.

Again, my primary issue with your stance is the inability of you to accept the black populace in the usa is a village with many tribes. Now maybe you want the village to only have one tribe but that goal is an extreme challenge 

I'm totally fine with the tribal concept.  My tribe happens to be FBA/ADOS.  I want certain things for those who identify as such.

I *know* that I want for FBA/ADOS would benefit every other tribe too.  It usually does.

One should never be complacent with losing nor should they accept losing as status quo. 

FBA/ADOS has an uphill battle right here in America.  We should never accept defeat.

FBA/ADOS children under the sound of my voice totally understand the challenges we face and what they must do in order to win.

As I've mentioned before, I accept that you 1) don't agree with my opinions and 2) take issue with my word choices. 

This is a Black discussion forum.  It's bigger than us.  A repository of ideas, information and opinions.😎

• Like 1

I will say I am Nationalist/ADOS , a different tribe. ... It would had been better or the future if many leaders in the past especially in the frederick douglass/mlk jr mold  embraced other tribes . I think both of them, sadly were too bound in speaking to black people who opposed or disagreed as if they needed to stand with them or agree. 

I do oppose your positions. But only cause my positions are simply different. It isn't a matter of liking. yes, i love words and don't care for how words ae conveyed in the usa by many. 

45 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

It would had been better or the future if many leaders in the past especially in the frederick douglass/mlk jr mold  embraced other tribes . I think both of them, sadly were too bound in speaking to black people who opposed or disagreed as if they needed to stand with them or agree. 

Regardless of whether or not one agreed with their ideology and oratory, respect has to be given for the fact that those men chose to stand up for something.  MLK Jr. died for it.😎

@ProfD

The historic truth of both men, douglass+mlk jr,  is at the end of their lives both men were opposed by a majority of black activist, while evangelized by white media.  Douglass was booed mightily by all black crowds at the end of his life. And MLK jr was called a coward or some negative by an ever growing list of younger black leaders who saw dysfunction in his strategy, and definitely its results. But when both men died, they were respected for their activities by most black folk with no bad talk to them even with the negative results to their guidance. But white media used each as a false prophet really. Making them some sort of wisened black leaders when in the black community at the time of their death most black people acting to improve the black condition opposed both. 

Yes MLK jr was murdered by a white man while preaching to black people not to be violent in response to white violence. When Malcolm died MLK jr said Malcom's death was tragic an example of how malcolm lived. MLK jr didn't mean malcolm was violent but malcolm accepted violence from the black community against violence. from the white community, MLK jr didn't. But the violence from the white community murdered mlk jr. His death was a greater tragedy than malcolm. MAlcolm accepted fighting whites led to death, he knew this cause whites killed malcolm's garveyite father, who was a preacher as well. So malcolm being murdered was had in hand with his father's. But, MLK jr  is truly tragic. A man who literally was murdered by those he continually told his own people not to retaliate against when similar happened to them.