This BIshop is a Dirty Dog

I heard about this on the radio this morning and went to look for the video.  I said to myself how bad can it be?

But after looking that the video any man reading this knows the "Bishop" knew exactly what he was doing.  If he behaves like this during a high profile funeral -- a FUNERAL --  I and can't image what this guy does with attractive women, in his congregation, who revere him.

I normally try to ignore "news" like this, but my curiosity got the best of me; I'm only human. So CBS got me to look at and share their video.  I guess there are worse things I could be doing -- like fondling the beasts of young women. 

@harry brown, you might be on to something....

Feminist will totally reject my input but it is one shared by many  who are asking  why  this  nubile  young  nymph performed at a funeral  wearing a low cut mini dress more appropriate for a Music Award Show or a Las Vegas extravaganza?

As for the "international" emcee with "roman" hands and "russian" fingers, i'm always leery of any black preacher who calls himself a "bishop', something  many of them do without the benefit an official anointing.  

i watched Aretha's marathon funeral on BET  with its endless  parade of sermonizing clergymen in competition for a spoken word award, interspersed between caterwalling church sistas reaching for the high notes, and the Bishop was like comic relief.  

Rhee-rhee was really given a grand sendoff.  It's reported she had 4 different costume changes and 2 different caskets.  She changed from the red dress she wore at her visitation to another fabulous outfit for her funeral.  Her obituary was like a magazine, and her funeral procession was made up of over 200 pink Cadillacs.  You go, Girl!  

644780562_arethainhercasket.jpg.84e8581b3b84fec8afe394e80b5e50e3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Did Aretha really have 4 costume changes?! 

Seems odd to accept that, but give Grande grief for what she wore. I guess she brought the fondling of her titties on herself huh?

Sounds to me like the thing was circus like. How was Obama's speech? All the news coverage I heard featured Al Sharpton -- the leader of the black community, assigned to us by mainstream media... 

@TroyYes, she did have 4 costume changes - and 2 different caskets. Her hearst was a white vintage 1940's Rolls Royce.  Why is that so unbelievable in today's world?   Obama wasn't present at the funeral but Bill Clinton was on the podium and did speak.There were at least  25 different ministers who  spoke at length.  Sharpton was just one of many.  Farrakhan was also on the podium but didn't speak.  There was also a long parade of celebrities who took their turns at the mike. The funeral was, indeed, a grand spectacle, - a one-time event worth watching because of how it typified the traditional culture of the black churcch.

You and the feminist crowd thought Arianna's outfit was no excuse for the bishop to familiarize himself with her body.  Mostly black folk were scandalized by her scanty attire, considering it out of place at a funeral.  

Well I had not actually thought about Grande's getup until you mentioned it.  Again, given the spectacle her attire seems a trivial issue. To be clear it does not bother me at all in this content.  

Obama did not show -- I guess he was busy with McCain's' homegoing extravaganza. Leave it to our "first" Black president to "keep it real."

12 minutes ago, Cynique said:

...typified the traditional culture of the black churcch.

I'm curious Cynique do you attend or were you brought up in the Black church?

Obama was asked to give the eulogy at McCain's funeral; i think Aretha's family was OK with that, especially since the statement he issued at the time of her death was heartfelt. 

My family wasn't devoutly religious, but i can tell you my 85 years of attending black  funerals have made me quite familiar with their protocol , - with the "home-goings celebrating the lives of those who have made their transition".  

I'm sure you've been to more funerals that I have.  But I have never seen, or even heard of, a homegoing service replete with wardrobe changes.  I took a second look at Grande's attire and her dress was really short, and I can see why folks would say it was inappropriate  -- even for this spectacle.

I enjoyed the Queen of Soul's music, but I'm not sorry I missed the funeral.  

But this was Aretha! The Queen of Soul and the consummate diva! You're missing the whole point.   Her "wardrobe changes" were symbolic of her image and lifestyle. i wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't planned her own funeral to make sure it would be a fabulous final curtain call.  

Clearly I've missed the point.  I've seen her perform live and there were no wardrobe changes.  So yes the whole Diva thing was lost on me. 

If you discover that Aretha did in fact want her corpse to go through all that during the funeral, let me know, I would find that interesting.  Seems like a lot of planning by someone who did not leave a will...

@Troy Aretha's survivors may have wanted it that way, or  her sons and grandchildren, the latter  who also spoke at the ceremonies, may have remembered her saying that was how she wanted things to be. I do know that when she lie in state for public viewing, she had on a red gown in acknowledgment of being a honorary member of the Delta Sigma Theta sorority whose colors are red and white.    In the picture here she has on a different outfit, so the idea of her appearing in other outfits is not that far-fetched.  Everything about her funeral was over the top so i don't know why this is such an issue with you.  It was over 2 weeks before she was buried, so her embalming was probably high tech, too. She did have 2 different caskets,  a gold one and a bronze one, both of which i saw in video clips;  one was undoubtedly rented. 

just because a person. doesn't leave a will doesn't mean they haven't planned how the money they leave is to be distributed.  She was very scrupulous about her finances, always dealing in cash, demanding to be paid for her gigs in dollars and cents and always had a purse at her side jammed with 100-dollar bills. This is what all of her friends and business associates said in interviews, and what was also noted in her biographies.   She may have not wanted her survivors have to go through all the red tape of probate court.  People can just designate their heirs as beneficiaries on bank accounts and insurance policies to avoid this.  .   

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

i don't know why this is such an issue with you.

@Cynique you are ascribing much more concern to this issue than I actually have. I really don't care very much, I thought the sexual assault of Grande was obscene and the idea that Franklin may have requested different outfits at her funeral seems weird to me, but to each his own.

OK.  Aside from the fondling which caught my attention and made me think of Harry Brown (which is why I made the post). I was not really interested in the funeral.  I found the wardrobe change you mentioned interested and I was curious whose idea that might have been, but I was not that curious.  I was skeptical that Aretha would make the request, but that is about it.  As afar as the other stuff like Grande's choice of attire I can see why some would say it is inappropriate, but given the spectacle of the entire event it seemed like an odd reason to raise an eyebrow -- but again I did not see the event so what do I know...

Yes her dress was very short and as I watched her sing with those brown(ed?) shapely legs wiggling around, I had to wonder what was going on through the minds of Minister Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Bill Clinton who were all sitting behind her and got a close up view of her singing.

She's Italian so I guess she tans easily, but I wonder did she make herself darker for the funeral knowing she'd be going before a Black audience.

Now listen.....
This so-called controversy concerning Bishop Ellis is nothing more than a DISTRACTION generated by racists in the media.

It was started by them to DISTRACT us from the fact that hundreds of Caucasian priests were convicted of molesting THOUSANDS of young boys over decades.
Yet we don't see THEIR names and faces all over the media like we do Bishop Ellis.

I've remembered Bishop Ellis since childhood because his father was a preacher also and had a pretty big church and congregation.
The brother's always been a bit flashy and bold.

Would I have done what he did?
No

But he's a man, and MOST men love to feel on and be around attractive women and will take advantage of doing so every opportunity they get, it's just nature.

If he had took Ariana back stage and asked for a LAP DANCE I wouldn't be a bit suprised nor would I be insulted or offended.

Now those child molesting priests and the decades of cover-up......THAT'S offensive!

Troy

but I'm not sorry I missed the funeral.

It was a long funeral but two things you MUST check out are the words delivered by Al Sharpton and especially those given by Michael Eric Dyson.

Dyson shredded Donald Trump and called him every name in the book.
He also took a jab at Obama for not being at the funeral and sending a letter instead.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But he's a man, and MOST men love to feel on and be around attractive women and will take advantage of doing so every opportunity they get, it's just nature.

Then by this logic, if it is normal behavior for men,  specifically clergy to sexually assault women then the catholic priests are normal.Maybe in an effort to keep their vows they turn their natural inclination on unsuspecting boys.   No need for a coverup. Media is just pointing out the widespread activity that also occurs in the black church.

Now it makes perfect sense why so many heterosexual men are terrified of homosexual men... If it's natural for men to advance on and assault women when they choose; then it's perfect;y natural for a gay man to feel up on any man he chooses.   

Got to appreciate the balance in the universe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Then by this logic, if it is normal behavior for men,  specifically clergy to sexually assault women then the catholic priests are normal.Maybe in an effort to keep their vows they turn their natural inclination on unsuspecting boys.   No need for a coverup. Media is just pointing out the widespread activity that also occurs in the black church.

Now it makes perfect sense why so many heterosexual men are terrified of homosexual men... If it's natural for men to advance on and assault women when they choose; then it's perfect;y natural for a gay man to feel up on any man he chooses.   

:rolleyes: My, my, my!
A lot of stuff here to unpack.....lol.

Then by this logic, if it is normal behavior for men, specifically clergy to sexually assault women then the catholic priests are normal.

No, I didn't say it was normal for men to SEXUALLY ASSAULT women.
I said it was normal for men to love to feel on and be around atttactive women.
There's a difference between the two behaviors becaues the former clearly implies contact with a woman AGAINST her will.
The question I have is, did Ariana pull away from or resist physically or verbally to what the Bishop did?

Maybe in an effort to keep their vows they turn their natural inclination on unsuspecting boys.

Perhaps.
Celibacy is clearly unnatural behaviour for most people and it could lead to problems, however I'm not a psychologist and can't assume that this is the entire problem.

Perhaps these priests were homosexuals or pedophiles ALREADY and joined the priesthood specifically to molest young boys AND PROTECT EACHOTHER in doing so because this sounds like a massive conspiracy that has been going on in the Catholic church for centuries.

No need for a coverup. Media is just pointing out the widespread activity that also occurs in the black church.

I'm sure pedophilia occurs in the Black church and in the greater Black community to SOME DEGREE but I seriously doubt that it occurs to the same degree that it occurs in the White church because from all accounts and reports PEDOPHILIA ITSELF isn't as widespread in the Pan-African community as it is in the Caucasian community.

If we look at the percentages of Caucasian adults who have been both accused and convicted of molesting children and compare those figures with the percentages of African adults....I'm sure we would find thier numbers being FAR greater.

There are some who would like to make African men JUST AS GUILTY of this sick perverted behavior as Caucasian men for the same reason some in the media are inflating and exaggerating Bishop Ellis's touching of Ariana Grande as some sort of evil and wicked deed to COVER UP the recent exposure of hundreds of priests who conspirted to molest thousands of boys over the decades.....they want to make Black men seem just as if not more guilty than White men.
But the number and reports just don't support such assertions.

Pedophila is still a predominately Caucasian perversion.

Now it makes perfect sense why so many heterosexual men are terrified of homosexual men...

I'm not sure that most heterosexual men are "terrified" by homosexual men but as a heterosexual man I will grant you that most or atleast a large percentage feel UNCOMFORTABLE around homosexual men because of the concern that these men may find THEM sexually attractive....but that's a long way from being terrified.

If it's natural for men to advance on and assault women when they choose

It's natural for men to advance on....but NOT to assault....the women they choose.
It's also natural for most women to find their advances ATTRACTIVE.

While assaulting women, stalking women, and harassing women are not acceptable in a civilized society, would you concede that most women are NOT attracted to "shy" men or men who are afraid to approach them or make the first move?

Traditionally men have been the more assertive of the sexes and most women found this quality attractive.

; then it's perfect;y natural for a gay man to feel up on any man he chooses.

If he's gay then perhaps it's natural for him to WANT to feel up any man he chooses, but it's not natural for him to ACTUALLY do so because living in a predominately heterosexual world prevents him from doing so.
Most gay men are smart enough to know that doing so would get them seriously injured or killed.

BTW, with all of this talk we have YET to hear from Ariana herself about how she felt about the Bishop's behavior.

How do we know Ariana DID NOT find his behavior appealing or attractive?

He's not a bad looking man and he's certainly a man of wealth and means and power.
Are we to believe that she found him THAT repulsive and disgusting?????

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Mel Hopkins YITES!!! Touchez!!!! On Guard! 

35 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

The question I have is, did Ariana pull away from or resist physically or verbally to what the Bishop did?

@Pioneer1 Yes, She did pull away. She absolutely looked uncomfortable. 

39 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

@Pioneer1 Come on. Well, what about the other way around. 

This comment reminds me of one of my past favorite movies '9 to 5' starring Dolly Parton and Jane Fonda. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Traditionally men have been the more assertive of the sexes and most women found this quality attractive.

Hmh.......... Let me see .......... When my high school history teacher and football coach seemed to turn up in places when I got off the city bus in big ole San Diego, way on the other side of the city ....... there he was in his van------ offering me a ride...... when he told me I had to do after school study or I'd fail and could not graduate, and even though I took my friend with me..... he demanded that she leave because she was passing and then, she left....... he pressed against me..... i was 16 years old..... a virgin...... and I beg him to get off of me..... and later find out that he did this before and was basically just 'slapped on the hand' and sent to another school......my school.... to do it again!!! Fortunately, he did not continue and he did leave me alone that day.... or 9 months later, I would have had a half White-Italian baby. I was terrified. I did not like it at all. I felt like Kizzie..... as this was the rage during that time. Yes, I do find assertive men attractive, but not creeps. In college, too, and like this situation, there are many creeps. But to do this to ARiande Grande on such an occasion, is unbelievable. 

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Come on, @Pioneer1 on national television! Yes! That is awful. Did you see how he was holding her? That was just ridiculous. Is he married? If he is, then how

would you expect his wife to respond. I would completely flip out. 

Edited by Chevdove
sentence structure
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

No, I didn't say it was normal for men to SEXUALLY ASSAULT women.

I said it was normal for men to love to feel on and be around atttactive women.

Human touch is normal.   "Feeling on" someone is a predatory act.  Now, if you believe that's normal then others may believe that as well. Probably, then it's good this society has laws against it.   

There's a difference between the two behaviors becaues the former clearly implies contact with a woman AGAINST her will.

Since our laws have something called consent then it's illegal to touch, "feel on" as you say, anyone that doesn't consent.  While we may never hear from Ariana Grande publicly - her initial reaction was one of alarm and to pull away initially towards his microaggression.   This was indicative or her lack of consent.  She showed restraint and remained calm - which is what many women do when put in the same position.  You have a few, such as my mother who will publicly grabbed the man's balls, if he grabbed on her like that. She has shown the man he is not in control of the situation even if they are in public.    Ariana might be more protective of her brand than she is her right not to be touched inappropriately.   The women in his church might allow it - he's heard from the court of public opinion however that it's not cool. 

Maybe in an effort to keep their vows they turn their natural inclination on unsuspecting boys.

Perhaps.
Celibacy is clearly unnatural behaviour for most people and it could lead to problems, however I'm not a psychologist and can't assume that this is the entire problem.

Perhaps these priests were homosexuals or pedophiles ALREADY and joined the priesthood specifically to molest young boys AND PROTECT EACHOTHER in doing so because this sounds like a massive conspiracy that has been going on in the Catholic church for centuries.

No need for a coverup. Media is just pointing out the widespread activity that also occurs in the black church.

I'm sure pedophilia occurs in the Black church and in the greater Black community to SOME DEGREE but I seriously doubt that it occurs to the same degree that it occurs in the White church because from all accounts and reports PEDOPHILIA ITSELF isn't as widespread in the Pan-African community as it is in the Caucasian community.

If we look at the percentages of Caucasian adults who have been both accused and convicted of molesting children and compare those figures with the percentages of African adults....I'm sure we would find thier numbers being FAR greater.

I'm going to assume this is hyperbole -  You've already stated that is normal for men to feel on who and what they find attractive.  Therefore, it wouldn't matter what color they are.   You've already stated it's normal.   So what's left, is a lot of covering up and people not speaking outAlbeit, the me-too movement is lowering the boom on quite a few men and women.

There are some who would like to make African men JUST AS GUILTY of this sick perverted behavior as Caucasian men for the same reason some in the media are inflating and exaggerating Bishop Ellis's touching of Ariana Grande as some sort of evil and wicked deed to COVER UP the recent exposure of hundreds of priests who conspirted to molest thousands of boys over the decades.....they want to make Black men seem just as if not more guilty than White men.
But the number and reports just don't support such assertions.

Pedophila is still a predominately Caucasian perversion.

More hyperbole - there are far too many crime reports of black men sexually assaulting and raping children and babies for anyone to point fingers.  The now deceased "bishop" Eddie Long was called out for his predilection for young boys

Now it makes perfect sense why so many heterosexual men are terrified of homosexual men...

I'm not sure that most heterosexual men are "terrified" by homosexual men but as a heterosexual man I will grant you that most or atleast a large percentage feel UNCOMFORTABLE around homosexual men because of the concern that these men may find THEM sexually attractive....but that's a long way from being terrified.

Terror usually produces one of two reactions - Fight or Flight... There been a few reports of men beating the shit out of homosexual men who hit on them.  One highly publicized crime report Kidd Creole, of grandmaster flash and furious five stabbed a man to death who he only thought was making a move on him.   When this story hit social media - more men came out to respond they would have killed the "bitch" too if he came after them.  These men exhibited fearful behavior in response to unwanted sexual advances.   Aside:  Men will physically attack a woman they find ugly if she pushes up them ....

If it's natural for men to advance on and assault women when they choose

It's natural for men to advance on....but NOT to assault....the women they choose.

While assaulting women, stalking women, and harassing women are not acceptable in a civilized society, would you concede that most women are NOT attracted to "shy" men or men who are afraid to approach them or make the first move?

This appears to be an attempt normalize  unwanted behavior.  I don't condone it. 

Further, I don't believe there is any truth to this statement.  When a woman is attracted to a man she will let him know. If she is attracted to an introverted men - then she will already know how to approach him.  

Hyperbole

; then it's perfect;y natural for a gay man to feel up on any man he chooses.

If he's gay then perhaps it's natural for him to WANT to feel up any man he chooses, but it's not natural for him to ACTUALLY do so because living in a predominately heterosexual world prevents him from doing so.
Most gay men are smart enough to know that doing so would get them seriously injured or killed.

^DING DING DING!!!^ By Jove I think he's got it!  😄

BTW, with all of this talk we have YET to hear from Ariana herself about how she felt about the Bishop's behavior.

How do we know Ariana DID NOT find his behavior appealing or attractive?

He's not a bad looking man and he's certainly a man of wealth and means and power.

This assumes facts not in evidence and it assumes because a man looks a certain way it should give him the right to sexual assault a woman :BUZZER:- :NEGATIVE: !!! It doesn't work that way.  Even if she initially found him attractive - he became a predatory monster when he touched in appropriately.

By

19 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Is he married? If he is, then how

would you expect his wife to respond.

@Chevdove  I read on from an instagram comment  his wife was sitting right behind him.  A young woman who said she was a parishioner in his church - said, "I know his heart. He didn't do anything wrong."  Needless to say the other instagram posters took her to task for being "blind"...

I'm sorry that you had to experience that from someone you should have been able to trust.  I'm glad you made it through without him physically harming you.  I do know those mental scars are hard to carry though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mel Hopkins @Chevdove  Thank you!  I didn't read this post by pioneer because i didn't feel like shoveling my way through what i figured would be a lotta crap, but i am sooo glad you two did read it and took the lecherous pioneer to task with your on-point rebuttals!  (Of course you risk a reprimand from Del who regularly attacks Troy but  thinks folks should go easy on  his "little brother" pioneer because he loves some black people - some of the time. And of course pioneer will think y'all are being "thin-skinned" because you criticized his  ignorant, boorish mentality.)

Unfortunately I, myself, was more focused on Ariana's  short dress than on the Bishop's taking liberties. I did think his reference to her name reminding him of Taco Bell,  was an attempt at humor that bordered on racism. But y'all put things in proper perspective and, once again, I thank you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Pioneer1 

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

This so-called controversy concerning Bishop Ellis is nothing more than a DISTRACTION generated by racists in the media.

It was started by them to DISTRACT us from the fact that hundreds of Caucasian priests were convicted of molesting THOUSANDS of young boys over decades.

Man, this is a ridiculous statement.  I know the masses are easily manipulated, but no one will forget the the Catholic Church's offenses because "bishop" grabbed him some grande tittie.  We can remember more than one thing at the same time.

I listed to video of Dyson's speech.  Again I still not not feel like I missed anything.  Sounded more like lines from his standup routine and a eulogy for Aretha.  The rant against 45, the dig against Obama absence were uncalled for inappropriate --  That kind of rhetoric was apropo for the old Tavis Smiley State of Black America Conference .  But this was clearly not a "normal" funeral.   

• Like 2

Delano

A Minister is feeling a women up at a public funeral. Hown many levels of wrong is this.

I think it's wrong on the level of "ethics".
As a minister his profession urges him to be modest and restrained when it comes to touching women so it was inappropriate because of his profession.

But morally speaking what he did was NOT wrong, it was natural.
It's not like he actually had sex with the woman or tongue kissed her.....he just got a little squeeze on.

Chev

I'm glad you were able to get away from that clown.
I think it's normal for men of all ages to find young women attractive but you have to know "your lane" and he obviously had a problem if he couldn't control himself from hitting on teenage girls.

However, I don't think your unfortunate encounter with a stalker and potential rapist is on the same level as a man sneaking a quick squeeze on a grown woman's breast and giving her a hug in a public setting.

One is distasteful, but the other is down right CRIMINAL.

Yes, She did pull away. She absolutely looked uncomfortable.

I didn't see her pull away and you say she looked uncomfortable, it's hard for me to tell.
Perhaps she was, but she didn't show it to me because she was smiling through the entire thing and even gave him a hug before leaving.

Come on. Well, what about the other way around.

I find it attractive when a woman shows interest in me and lets me know in so many ways she finds me attractive, but if she CHASES me or gets head over heels GOOFY around me.....that's a a bit "off putting", lol.

Mel

"Feeling on" someone is a predatory act.

I would agree somewhat.
But the most successful men DO have a predatory instinct and this goes back to the beginning of history where it made men bold enough not simply to push up and squeeze on the woman they found attractive BUT ALSO brave enough to HUNT vicious animals to bring home to her and their children and DEFEND his woman and child from danger.

With nature you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

Since our laws have something called consent then it's illegal to touch, "feel on" as you say, anyone that doesn't consent. While we may never hear from Ariana Grande publicly - her initial reaction was one of alarm and to pull away initially towards his microaggression.  This was indicative or her lack of consent.

You and Chevdove said she pulled back.
I didn't see this.....not in the clip Troy provided atleast.
I've been looking for OTHER clips of the entire exchange but can't find one that hasn't been diced up and commented on but I don't remember EVER seeing her pull back from him, make a funny or angry face, or give ANY OTHER indication that she found his embrace offensive.

It seems to me you're making a lot of assumptions about how she feels and what was going through her head instead of dealing with what we all saw in the video.
Which was two adults embracing eachother and smiling.

I hear more objections from the public than I've heard from her.

You've already stated that is normal for men to feel on who and what they find attractive. Therefore, it wouldn't matter what color they are. You've already stated it's normal. So what's left, is a lot of covering up and people not speaking out.

I didn't say that it was normal for men to feel on who and what they find attractive.
Go back and reread my exact words.

there are far too many crime reports of black men sexually assaulting and raping children and babies for anyone to point fingers.

ANY report of Black men sexually assaulting and raping children is too many.
However that number STILL can't compare to the number of Caucasian men who are doing it and you just can't make it be so despite your attempts to "spread the blame" around.

The fact is pedophilia is FAR MORE pervasive and even tolerated in the Caucasian community than in the Pan-African community.
The evidene of this goes all the way back to Greek culture where grown men having sex with young boys was common up until today with beauty pageants that feature toddlers.

How many Black parents and children do you see participating in these sick and freakish events?

Terror usually produces one of two reactions - Fight or Flight... There been a few reports of men beating the shit out of homosexual men who hit on them. One highly publicized crime report Kidd Creole, of grandmaster flash and furious five stabbed a man to death who he only thought was making a move on him.  When this story hit social media - more men came out to respond they would have killed the "bitch" too if he came after them. These men exhibited fearful behavior in response to unwanted sexual advances.

While you're correct that terror will produce fight or flight, to claim that men beat up homosexual men for hitting on them because of "terror" and fear is an incorrect interpretation of the feelings of most heterosexual men.

It's more of a mixture of anger, disgust, and resentment along with the strong need to maintain a public image of masculinity and strength that leads to such a violent reaction and NOT fear.

Men will physically attack a woman they find ugly if she pushes up them ....

Lol....I actually DO know a few who will.
But most won't.
Most men will try to avoid her or if push comes to shove (no pun intended) will resort to insulting her in order to drive her away, but most men don't do that.
Infact, many men will USE her for her money or for "quickies" if she just won't leave him alone...before resorting to violence.

This appears to be an attempt normalize unwanted behavior. I don't condone it.

I asked a question.
It wasn't intended to normalize or promote any particular behavior but to get an answer...and honest answer from you.

This assumes facts not in evidence

LOL....LOOK WHO'S TALKING!!!

After all those assumptions about how Ariana and how much a victim she was being "sexually assaulted" by the big bad boogy man.....while she's standing there with a big smile on her face...NOW you wanna deal with the facts that are evident??????

and it assumes because a man looks a certain way it should give him the right to sexual assault a woman

No being an attractive man DOES NOT give a man the right to sexually assault a woman.
However we shouldn't assume that just because a man touches, feels up, and even makes the first move on a woman that she NEVER likes it or enjoys the feeling of it.

I know from personal experience since back in my highschool days that simply putting my arms around a girl I didn't know and playing with her was SOMETIMES enough to form a sexual relationship with her....and other times enough to get you slapped.

The point is not every woman feels the same way and not all are "offended" at men touching them.

Troy

but no one will forget the the Catholic Church's offenses because "bishop" grabbed him some grande tittie. We can remember more than one thing at the same time.

I think you're overestimating the attention span of the public and
Grande's encouner with the Bishop is almost a household topic, meanwhile after a few days of reporting the incident in Pennsylvania the media there is a virtual media BLACK OUT of the massive coverup and I bet neither you nor anyone on this board can remember the NAMES of the Priests who were guilty of those wicked sexual crimes.

Like I said, the racists in the media NEEDED to find a distraction to take the heat off of White men and this was a perfect opportunity for them.

The rant against 45, the dig against Obama absence were uncalled for inappropriate -- That kind of rhetoric was apropo for the old Tavis Smiley State of Black America Conference .

????
I must say, I'm a little suprised at your reaction to his words.

We finally get a well educated AfroAmerican man who is willing to stand up on live television and speak truth to power and tell it like it is....and you say it pretty much amounts to immature ranting?

Cynique

I didn't read this post by pioneer because I -wouldn't be able to understand it anyway?

I know.

Lol, say no more.

59 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

We finally get a well educated AfroAmerican man who is willing to stand up on live television and speak truth to power and tell it like it is....and you say it pretty much amounts to immature ranting?

Yes,  because I remember quite clearly how Dyson bashed Cornel West when West spoke out against Obama. Dyson did not start poppin' shit about Obama until Obmana was out of office -- when it was too late to make difference. I'm not impressed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cynique said:

Unfortunately I, myself, was more focused on Ariana's  short dress than on the Bishop's taking liberties.

@Cynique   I didn't think this was unfortunate when I read it... maybe because I also believe men and women should look elegant on occasions such as funerals, weddings, you know any event that require formal attire.  But it's a matter of taste (and confession) that's when my matriarchal "victorian" upbringing rears its ugly head.

Another reason why this didn't trigger a rebuttal is because I find when you discuss a topic, I don't think I've ever read you attribute the offending behavior to the collective.  Correct me, but I've never read you write something like,  "black women wear these type of outfits to a funeral to seduce males mourners"... or "black women wear short skirts and dresses because they are trying to be "white"    😨

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

After all those assumptions about how Ariana and how much a victim she was being "sexually assaulted" by the big bad boogy man.....while she's standing there with a big smile on her face...NOW you wanna deal with the facts that are evident??????

@Pioneer1 You clearly didn't notice her initial reaction... It doesn't surprise me that you're tone deaf on this subject though.  

How many Black parents and children do you see participating in these sick and freakish events?

I don't see ANY parents and children participating in any criminal activity  -if I did I'd report them to the authorities.  

I have written and broadcast news reports on sexual assaults against minors when I was Television News Reporter / Anchor.  As I've written, even with a small percentage of black people in the Ohio valley -  color doesn't matter. Sexual assault is an equal opportunity crime.     

BY THE WAY,  HOW MANY WHITE PARENTS  HAVE YOU SEEN participating in these sick and freakish events?   

As for the rest of your commentary, it's hyperbole.  

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts. 

The point is not every woman feels the same way and not all are "offended" at men touching them.

I will agree with you on this point.  Because every woman is different.  Finally!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

I'm sorry that you had to experience that from someone you should have been able to trust.  I'm glad you made it through without him physically harming you.  I do know those mental scars are hard to carry though. 

@Mel Hopkins Thank you so much! And, your post was so on point! 

On 9/4/2018 at 10:03 AM, Cynique said:

But y'all put things in proper perspective and, once again, I thank you! 

@Cynique You are welcome! 

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm glad you were able to get away from that clown.

@Pioneer1 Thank you. 

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

However, I don't think your unfortunate encounter with a stalker and potential rapist is on the same level as a man sneaking a quick squeeze on a grown woman's breast and giving her a hug in a public setting.

One is distasteful, but the other is down right CRIMINAL.

@Pioneer1 I think it is because that was only step 1. I am speaking on a personal basis here. 

I can't believe that you can't see this for what it is. Ms. Grande's smiling mean noting to his behavior. He borderlined if not crossed the line on what is criminal, and that is why the news reports showed the clip. It's obvious. I was taught that a person doesn't even have to touch you, and certain behaviors is considered 'AN ASSAULT'. Ms. Grande may have smiled and kept up an decent reaction due to being 'caught off guard' and for the sake of the situation being public, but she was clearly tensed up at his grabbing her like that. 

• Like 2

Mel

I don't see ANY parents and children participating in any criminal activity -if I did I'd report them to the authorities.

I have written and broadcast news reports on sexual assaults against minors when I was Television News Reporter / Anchor. As I've written, even with a small percentage of black people in the Ohio valley - color doesn't matter. Sexual assault is an equal opportunity crime.

BY THE WAY, HOW MANY WHITE PARENTS HAVE YOU SEEN participating in these sick and freakish events?

You don't have to look very hard.

Don't tell me you've never heard of these child beauty pageants that are shown on televison and held across the nation where little 3 and 4 year old girls are being put in bikins and daisy dukes and getting spray on tans made to be sexualized.
Nearly ALL of the participants are Caucasian.

Jon Benet Ramsey is just one example of what could be the unfortunate end result when sick perverted inclinations are allowed to be turned into entertainment.

My overall point is how so many women of ALL races are up in arms and angry about men who flirt or get a little too aggressive with their touching.....things that AfroAmerican men are more prone to do.

Yet when it comes to EXTREMLY sick and perverted behavior like promoting pedophilia and molesting children like these Catholic priests and other Caucasian men are doing....most of these same women don't seem to be nearly as outraged and seem not to even be concerned.

I will agree with you on this point. Because every woman is different. Finally!

This is almost common sense so ofcourse we agree.

So if every woman is different then we can agree that SOME women LOVE to be touched by a man and welcome sexual assertiveness as long as it's not forced on her against their will.

So why aren't THESE women speaking up more and adding some balance to the argument?

Because the narrative is being framed to FRAME Black men...that's why.

Chev

I can't believe that you can't see this for what it is. Ms. Grande's smiling mean noting to his behavior.

You're right that her smiling doesn't change the appropriateness of HIS behavior.
However her smiling says a lot about HER mindset and whether or not she WELCOMED his behavior.

I say again, how do we know she DIDN'T want to be touched by this man?

I'm not saying she did or didn't...but she's not saying....WE the public are doing all the saying and assuming about what she was thinking.

He borderlined if not crossed the line on what is criminal, and that is why the news reports showed the clip. It's obvious. I was taught that a person doesn't even have to touch you, and certain behaviors is considered 'AN ASSAULT'.

What that man did was inappropriate...I admit....but is no where NEAR an "assault".
And if it is...then we might as well say that EVERY man who has held a woman in his arms is guilty of sexual assault.

Ms. Grande may have smiled and kept up an decent reaction due to being 'caught off guard' and for the sake of the situation being public, but she was clearly tensed up at his grabbing her like that.

It's true that she MAY have been smiling to cover up her nervousness but again, that's US assuming this.
We don't really know what's going on in her head and she has YET to actually speak out on it.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

What that man did was inappropriate...I admit....but is no where NEAR an "assault".

@Pioneer1 I think he moved past what an assault may be though. I may be wrong on this, but this is what I remember as it was explained to me. I think it went something like this; if a person raises their hand or approaches in a threatening mode, then that would be AN ASSAULT. But if they actually came through and hit you, then that would be BATTERY; hence a criminal charge of Assault and Battery. But, in this situation, I may be wrong. Anyway, he didn't even give her a chance to say no, 'get you creepy arms off of me', because he did it in public and put her in an awkward position. But again, she doesn't need to speak out, he was wrong. It's not about her, it is about him and what he did. 

I definitely can appreciate assertive men, but he acted the part of a pervert. As Mel Hopkins said, he became 'a predatory monster'. She could have had a male friend or brother and then, what if the minister was retaliated against, knocked out for his act by her friend or maybe her father or uncle? They may not consider what she felt, but just respond. 

@Pioneer1 You wouldn't get upset if your girlfriend was groped?

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

My overall point is how so many women of ALL races are up in arms and angry about men who flirt or get a little too aggressive with their touching.....things that AfroAmerican men are more prone to do.

Umh . . . . . . That is interesting take, but @Pioneer1 hence . . .  The Roman Empire . . . Do you realize that was the justification used to throw down the Original mankind? JUlius Ceasars' tactic was to appeal to a Matriarchal position because the needs of the ethnic and Black women were not met by their own mankind, and for that matter, isn't that why it is said that Jesus came? The priesthood ignored their own womankind? So, they were uprooted. So, now Black women had  more freedom to get away from aggressive Black men behind the cloak of the priesthood who think that they can just 'take liberties' and go from one woman to the next . . .. without giving us . . . complete fulfillment? They must have went a little more farther than just being 'a little too aggressive with their touching'... I can't help but think about the 7 DEMONS that MARY OF MAGDALENE had... Jesus healed her of being vexed by those 7 perverts that left her  wanting' . . . smh. So now, after the Church as set up, now here we go again... dealing with the Eddie Longs and what ever else...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, Pioneer1 said:

ANY report of Black men sexually assaulting and raping children is too many.
However that number STILL can't compare to the number of Caucasian men who are doing it and you just can't make it be so despite your attempts to "spread the blame" around.

The fact is pedophilia is FAR MORE pervasive and even tolerated in the Caucasian community than in the Pan-African community.
The evidene of this goes all the way back to Greek culture where grown men having sex with young boys was common up until today with beauty pageants that feature toddlers.

Ugh . .  @Pioneer1 This is the most taxing statement of all in this dialogue, for me. 

While I understand exactly what you mean about the Catholic priest as you said earlier in this thread, and I understand completely what you mean about Caucasian men and how the media uses ploys to drown out this great evil, however, it would dangerous to compare this to Pan-Africa, just based on a few historical facts with regards to slavery and the common term of 'the Slaveyard Buck'. And, don't even bring up the Greek culture because many of those Spartans were actually Black!

Who was it that attacked Kalief Browder!? What do you think is going on in the prisons? But more importantly, the history about the very term that you use 'Caucasian' has this dark history too, attached to it. But most of all, this issue is personal for me. So, I don't really care about the percentages of White pedophiles versus Blacks. It is hard for me to deal with a grown Black African American man who could rape a little African American boy and steal away a baby's chance to choose to be a man in accordance to his birth gender. You know, if I was given a choice to do away with only one or the other . . . If I could only choose to judge a few Black African pedophiles or either many White pedophiles, . . . I would immediately annihilate each and every one of the Black pedophiles. I can't believe that a Black man would move to hurt a little Black African child, whether a baby girl or a baby boy. That is unthinkable for me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Don't tell me you've never heard of these child beauty pageants that are shown on televison and held across the nation where little 3 and 4 year old girls are being put in bikins and daisy dukes and getting spray on tans made to be sexualized.
Nearly ALL of the participants are Caucasian.

@Pioneer1  the initial conversation was referring to sexual assault and rape of minors.  Child beauty pageants aren't indicative of that type of criminal activity.   If it were , or even if making that leap wasn't nonsensical, child beauty pageants would be illegal. 

Further you stated that "caucasians" were proned to sexual assault and rape minors.  Child beauty pageants, children wearing makeup and dressing  in party dresses and gowns is NOT sexual assault and rape.   Further, although they may get more publicity, children's beauty pageants are not limited to "caucasians"...

Seriously, look outside of the world you've created for yourself.    I can't tell you how many black church beauty pageants, fashion shows, debuntante balls and cotillions I've seen or was in while growing up.     Hal Jackson's International talented teen pageant was a huge event for years... I was a contestant when I was 14 years old...scan_20170730.jpg

The fashion industry used to use models who were young as 12 years old.   Most designers use children because they don't have curves or muscles.  Therefore, you could see the haute couture designs without focusing on the body wearing it.   Unfortunately for the young models, some grotesque individuals pursued the children for sex i.e., The perverts sexualized the children; not the clothing.    Now most of the fashion industry is closed to young models who could earn good money for college etc.  But that didn't stop the perverse from trafficking children for their perverted pleasure.    Once again human trafficking for sex isn't specific to one culture, ethnicity etc  but rather those who have the most power.  

Further, the concept of sexualizing girls or boys is in the mind of the beholder.    I don't look at children and think "sex"... I don't care what they are wearing.  Babies are babies period.    Those who see children as sex objects are mentally deficient and color has nothing to do with it. This perverse activity springs up in all cultures - as you can see a with the bishop feeling on Ariana Grande in front of the world.   And like Chevdove mentioned a black man doing it - is the worst in my book.    Especially since most black women are more inclined to date and marry a black man before considering anyone else.   Therefore black women hold black men to a higher standard full stop. 

If however you still want to limit pedophilia  to an ethnic group think about many African tribes and those who practice islam  who still take young girls for "wives"... There are many ethnic groups practicing their so-called religion who make it "legal" to molest, sexually assault and rape children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chev

I think he moved past what an assault may be though. I may be wrong on this, but this is what I remember as it was explained to me. I think it went something like this; if a person raises their hand or approaches in a threatening mode, then that would be AN ASSAULT. But if they actually came through and hit you, then that would be BATTERY; hence a criminal charge of Assault and Battery. But, in this situation, I may be wrong. Anyway, he didn't even give her a chance to say no, 'get you creepy arms off of me', because he did it in public and put her in an awkward position. But again, she doesn't need to speak out, he was wrong. It's not about her, it is about him and what he did.

It would only be assault or battery if:

1. He INTENDED to harm her....which he clearly didn't (even groping isn't harming)
2. She first warned him NOT to touch her or clearly made it known that she didn't want him to....which she clearly didn't.

No crime was committed here.

You wouldn't get upset if your girlfriend was groped?

Lol.....
One of the lady friends I'm involved with right now I met by what you may call "groping"!

She works in a book store and I came in a few times to order some books and each time she checked on my order I would have a conversation with her and touching her.
First time I put my hand on her back-waist....but the next few times I met her I touched her back giving a very slight rub.
We've been out a couple times already!
Clearly SHE wasn't offended that a man put his hand on her.

Infact she joked with me about it yesterday when we were talking about what Bishop Ellis asking me was touching women you barely know a "Detroit thang"....lol.

Umh . . . . . . That is interesting take, but @Pioneer1 hence . . . The Roman Empire . . . Do you realize that was the justification used to throw down the Original mankind? JUlius Ceasars' tactic was to appeal to a Matriarchal position because the needs of the ethnic and Black women were not met by their own mankind, and for that matter, isn't that why it is said that Jesus came? The priesthood ignored their own womankind? So, they were uprooted. So, now Black women had more freedom to get away from aggressive Black men behind the cloak of the priesthood who think that they can just 'take liberties' and go from one woman to the next . . .. without giving us . . . complete fulfillment? They must have went a little more farther than just being 'a little too aggressive with their touching'... I can't help but think about the 7 DEMONS that MARY OF MAGDALENE had... Jesus healed her of being vexed by those 7 perverts that left her wanting' . . . smh. So now, after the Church as set up, now here we go again... dealing with the Eddie Longs and what ever else...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.
Could you make it a little clearer for me or probably re-word it so that I can understand it a little better?

BTW...there is no such thing as "original mankind", lol.
Mankind is NOT the original man but a COPY of the original man.
Caucasians are "mankind" or a KIND of man but not the original.

don't even bring up the Greek culture because many of those Spartans were actually Black!

They were?

Who was it that attacked Kalief Browder!? What do you think is going on in the prisons? But more importantly, the history about the very term that you use 'Caucasian' has this dark history too, attached to it

I'm not sure if we can compare that madness that is going on in the modern prisons of the U.S. to what FREE Caucasian men have been practicing for centuries under their own free will.

Prisons are a controlled environment.
Whatever is going on in there is ALLOWED to go on uncheck and in many cases ENCOURAGED to go on there because those men aren't in control of themselves but someone else is CONTROLING them.

The pedophilia and other perversions you see going on in the Catholic church and other organizations is a manifestation of FREE WILL and no one is forcing those men to engage in that perversion.

Mel

Lol....that's a COMMUNION DRESS!

What are you doing frolicking around on stage in such holy attire??????

the initial conversation was referring to sexual assault and rape of minors.

Correction.

The INITIAL conversation was about a GROWN man with his arm around a GROWN woman and the many ASSUMPTIONS people were making about what he intended by it and how she felt by it.

Child beauty pageants aren't indicative of that type of criminal activity. If it were , or even if making that leap wasn't nonsensical, child beauty pageants would be illegal.

Further you stated that "caucasians" were proned to sexual assault and rape minors. Child beauty pageants, children wearing makeup and dressing in party dresses and gowns is NOT sexual assault and rape.

No child beauty pageants aren't NECESSARILY indicative of child molestation and pedophilia but they often LEAD to these crimes. Especially when the children are asked to dress up and parade around on stage in bikinis and daisy duke shorts which are OBVIOUSLY meant to sexualize them.
Even though THEY aren't old enough to realize it.....their mothers and fathers do.
They are COMPLICIT in the sexualization of their own children.

Ofcourse AfroAmericans have beauty pageants for children but do AfroAmerican parents dress their young children up in bikinis and daisy dukes?

Do they SEXUALIZE them the way so many of these Caucasian parents do?

I'm obviously not as familiar with this industry as you are so I stand corrected if this IS going on in the AfroAmerican community, because I'm an AfroAmerican and I'm not aware of it.

The fashion industry used to use models who were young as 12 years old. Most designers use children because they don't have curves or muscles.

Is that the excuse they're giving for wanting to sexualize adolescents?

Nah....not buying it.

And what about NAMBLA...the North American Man/Boy Love group?

Here's a bunch of White men who are OPEN pedophiles and are lobbying to make pedophilia legal!

Come on Mel, give it up.
I know you want to draw a moral equivalency between the two to somehow make the Black man look JUST AS GUILTY as White men but you just can't.....lol.

There's no way you can compare the sick and perverted EXCEPTIONS that go on in the AfroAmerican community to THIS madness that is not only common and frequent but actually SANCTIONED  in the Caucasian community with entire institutions dedicated to promoting it and covering it up!

Further.....
If you want to compare grown men who by the consent of society MARRY 13 or 14 year old girls who are probably already in puberty and will be sexually mature in just a few years; to grown men who MOLEST young children around 4 or 5 years old and hide their behavior, and put them in the same category.....go right ahead.
But I won't.

I don't think EITHER ONE is proper, but one is clearly worse than the other.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

No crime was committed here.

@Pioneer1 Okay. Thank you. This makes sense.

Clearly SHE wasn't offended that a man put his hand on her.

You are too much! LOL. That is not what I meant! lol! What if another man did that to her in your presence?

You wouldn't be offended if she came and told you another man groped her? And, what if she was your wife?

a COPY of the original man.

Now you've got me confused. Are you saying the term is correct to say 'Original man'? And, it is not correct to say 'Original mankind?'

In another thread you used the term 'ORGINAL BLACK POPULATION'; how is this different from saying 'ORiginal mankind'?

They were?

Yes, in terms of 'the Original Population of people that lived in Greek lands' many of the Greeks were Black. Terms like 'DORIAN GREEKS', 'MINOAN GREEKS', 'CARIAN GREEKS', 'DANAANS', 'THEBAN GREEKS', ... and so many other terms define the ORIGINAL POPULATIONS in those Isles and mainlands of the European continent. The Ionian Greeks though and many others were definitely White Greeks. Some of the Greek pottery reveals these people, but I am not an Art History expert to be able to respond completely from that point-of-view. HOMER time period and the script on this wise also reveals this earlier presence too. 

THE ROMAN EMPIRE-- @Pioneer1 I'm not sure how else to say this. Maybe I could say it this way; Many people may not realize that the foundation of the Roman Empire was not solely based on Rome, Italy, but their system stems from earlier system in the Assyrian Empire. Have you ever heard that Romans hated the term 'king'? This is because the earlier Black civilizations many times used the term 'KING' because it signified INHERITED THRONE. The Romans used the term 'EMPEROR' because they wanted world domination. Kings represented 'PRIESTHOOD' and the Romans worked to knock this down. Their system is based on 'a Matriarchal basis'; [1] the QUEEN BEE and [2] THE EARTH MOTHER. In early times, eastern people migrated from the east into Syria [ie Assyria] and set up THE DRUZES, a predominantly White Matriarchal system. They lived in BEE-HIVE dwellings, were White, blonde, blue-eyed predominantly.... held a secret book ... this book was what Julius Caesar relied upon to set up the Rome Republic and later, the Roman Empire. The Sybils script was housed in the temple of Mercury [ie. treasury temple] .... etc..... I could go on and on.... I am not sure how to explain it fully in a brief statement. 

Syria was the country where the tax system was first made law because that is their matriarchal origins. The Queen Bee, represents White woman, Ashteroth, and the Earth Mother represents an ancient Black woman; so the Archaic TRIAD was on this basis, [I forgot] and the new triad was JUPITER, JUNO, and VENUS [SOMETIMES --- CYBELE]... The Romans used ethnic women to overthrow the Black world...

Chev

You are too much! LOL. That is not what I meant! lol! What if another man did that to her in your presence?

You wouldn't be offended if she came and told you another man groped her? And, what if she was your wife?

Ofcourse I wouldn't like it in either scenario.
But that's just basic male jealousy and territorialism.

It's not a legal issue.

Now you've got me confused. Are you saying the term is correct to say 'Original man'? And, it is not correct to say 'Original mankind?'

In another thread you used the term 'ORGINAL BLACK POPULATION'; how is this different from saying 'ORiginal mankind'?

Both Original Man and Original Black Population are correct terms.

But because "mankind" means a KIND of man or a COPY of a man, it shouldn't be used along with "original" because mankind is NOT original.
The term "mankind" should only be used when refering to Caucasians and no other race.

Yes, in terms of 'the Original Population of people that lived in Greek lands' many of the Greeks were Black. Terms like 'DORIAN GREEKS', 'MINOAN GREEKS', 'CARIAN GREEKS', 'DANAANS', 'THEBAN GREEKS', ... and so many other terms define the ORIGINAL POPULATIONS in those Isles and mainlands of the European continent. The Ionian Greeks though and many others were definitely White Greeks. Some of the Greek pottery reveals these people, but I am not an Art History expert to be able to respond completely from that point-of-view. HOMER time period and the script on this wise also reveals this earlier presence too.

OK
I understand what you're saying now.....and I think I agree.

It's probably a matter of semantics because I believe the ORIGINAL PEOPLE OF THAT LAND that is now called "Greece" was indeed Black.....but the actual GREEKS themselves were not.

Just like the original inhabitants of THE LAND CALLED ARABIA were Black....while the actual Arabs were not.

In other words the first people of that area WERE Black, but we have to be careful using the current name of the Caucasian peoples who currently occupy the land and applying THAT name to the original peoples of that land who probably went by a different name.

Although I must admit.....not being the sharpest tool in the shed, lol....I'm STILL not quite understanding where you're coming from on "ethnic women" being used to bring down the old Black kingdoms.

but we have to be careful using the current name of the Caucasian peoples who currently occupy the land and applying THAT name to the original peoples of that land who probably went by a different name.

@Pioneer1 Yes, this is true. But this also goes in line of your constant usage of the word 'Caucasian' although, I understand what you mean, so it doesn't bother me. As likewise, that term 'mankind' is not completely what you believe as it is used in other scholarly respects, but again, it doesn't bother me if you don't view it that way. 

In an earlier post, you said that you don't use the word 'HOMINID' and yet again, I understand and it is okay, but, this would be a technical term used by scientist who have systematically classified humans with the SCIENTIFIC PROCESS. It is like saying to me, that you don't use the common English word 'LION' or 'GRIZZILY BEAR' or 'GIRAFFE' or etc. Unfortunately, we don't always get to pick the terms. 

Although I must admit.....not being the sharpest tool in the shed, lol....I'm STILL not quite understanding where you're coming from on "ethnic women" being used to bring down the old Black kingdoms.

That is okay because this is a challenging area due to the deception of this system in how it set up to be an empire and orchestrate a slave system that lasted for hundreds of years. Nevertheless, it is a typical DIVIDE AND CONQUER tactic based on GENDER CONFLICTS.

I don't know about you as a Black man, but I could not even make a count of how many times other men have told me and tried to convince me how useless Black men were in the attempt to try to win my affections.  I will admit, I appreciate men from all walks of life, but my choice was based on my upbringing, being around my relatives. But men compete on all levels for women even if it to highlight a person's negative aspects of ethnicity and cultural pitfalls. 

• Like 1

Chev

I don't know about you as a Black man, but I could not even make a count of how many times other men have told me and tried to convince me how useless Black men were in the attempt to try to win my affections.

I believe it because I know a lot of men who DO run down other men in order to hype themselves up.
Others....as you allude to.....criticize Black men because they think that's what most Black women WANT to hear so they'll verbally beat up on Black men as if THEY aren't guilty of what they're accusing other brothers of....lol.

When it comes to the promises of money and sex I don't think there IS a level too low for SOME people to stoop down to.

But to be honest, 
I've also wanted to impress women but instead of using the NEGATIVE route of running down other men  I used POSITIVITY in order to impress women.
I've done a lot of community work and naturally when I saw women I wanted to get involved with I would figure out ways to be with them.  However instead of running down other men or the men in their lives (brothers, fathers, boyfriends, ect...) by saying THEY weren't doing anything for the community.....I would just hype up myself and how I was helping the community by fighting injustice, feeding people, ect...as a way to impress them.

I don't feel guilty about it at all because I feel if you ARE doing good things and you brag about them it's NOT wrong because you're NOT lying.
Even if you're doing them to impress the opposite sex or for money.
I know a lot of people think that's wrong, but I don't because the actions weigh more than the intentions in my opinion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Guest QueenX said:

he way Arianna   was dressed was inappropriate for a funeral.But what the Bishop did by putting his hands on her like that just made things look worse.

Guest Queen X, yes I agree. It made things look worse.

23 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I know a lot of people think that's wrong, but I don't because the actions weigh more than the intentions in my opinion.

@Pioneer1 In my observation, I don't run across too many 'brothers' that attempt to tear down a brother in order to bond with a woman, in the same way that other kinds of men do. But Black men will do it though, just NOT in the same way that other men do. My experiences is that other men, will point out how Black men disrespect Black women, and yes, it is to 'get with the sista'... 

17 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Guest Queen X, yes I agree. It made things look worse.

@Pioneer1 In my observation, I don't run across too many 'brothers' that attempt to tear down a brother in order to bond with a woman, in the same way that other kinds of men do. But Black men will do it though, just NOT in the same way that other men do. My experiences is that other men, will point out how Black men disrespect Black women, and yes, it is to 'get with the sista'... 

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood your statement!    (there you go Troy...I'm admitting I was wrong.....lol)

I thought you were talking about BLACK MEN who were running down OTHER Black men and hyping themselves just to get next to you.

Honestly, I'm a little bit surprised at this.
I mean I knew it was possible, but I didn't think most other races of men were bold enough to get in a Black woman's face and run down her own man like that.
Damn.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood your statement!    (there you go Troy...I'm admitting I was wrong.....lol)

It is a start 🙂  But  remember, Chevdove is married admitting you are wrong won't get you anywhere with her 😉 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Troy said:

It is a start 🙂  But  remember, Chevdove is married admitting you are wrong won't get you anywhere with her 😉 

Man, go' on somewhere and STOP BLOCKIN'.......lol.

It ain't even like that now anyway....lol.
We've had too many political and religious conversations  so now she's n the FRIENDSHIP category (sorry Chev, lol)

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Troy said:

But  remember, Chevdove is married admitting you are wrong won't get you anywhere with her 😉 

LOL@ This is funny. YOu see that...

Are men from Mars and women from Venus?...

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Man, go' on somewhere and STOP BLOCKIN'.......lol.

It ain't even like that now anyway....lol.
We've had too many political and religious conversations  so now she's n the FRIENDSHIP category (sorry Chev, lol)

LOL @Pioneer1 That's cool...