Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Kevin Hart Shows Some Heart

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Delano said:

Based on conversations we have had our entire lives both my partner and i have decided to withdraw from certain dynamics. 

 

Makes sense.

 

In my current  situation, we've decided to opt for honestly. It makes for some difficult conversations, but we are better off afterwards.  This does however require trust and love -- usually not easy to find in another person.  The goal is not always agreement, sometimes it is just understanding 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, Troy said:

Just because I disagree with Chevdove on this issue and the commingling of science and Christianity in general, does not mean I don't support her.  In fact, I submit I'm more supportive of her because she knows my position and I'm willing to hear hers.  You are confusing patronization with being supportive.

 

@Troy Thank you! 

On 12/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, Delano said:

I said earlier I agree with Pioneer about being neutral and not having a position. I am pretty sure you were part of that conversation if not I can tag you. 

 

I appreciat the support. Especially when a certain idea that has been presented is NOT EXPECTED then, I think it is wise for a person to take a neutral position to allow time to ponder. I think sometimes, being neutral, is sort of like protecting oneself in order to get time to think about something that may be an approach to an idea not seen before. And at the same time, it offers the person bringing the idea, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT while not making conclusions until the idea has been well considered.

 

IMO, I know I brought some unexpected information to the table! LOL. I know what I did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 8:39 AM, Delano said:
On 12/21/2018 at 7:59 AM, Troy said:

 

Just because I disagree with Chevdove on this issue and the commingling of science and Christianity in general, does not mean I don't support her

I never said you didn't support her position so why are you saying this?

Did you forget to answer @Troy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because a dialogue involves both parties answering questions the other asks or at least acknowledging that they will not answer the question before moving on.

 

I'm sure it is not lost on you that you rarely answer my questions @Delano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Troy said:

...a dialogue involves both parties answering questions the other asks or at least acknowledging that they will not answer the question before moving on.

@TroyYou and Del are combatants in debating 2018 style:a clash of the monologues.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 7:51 AM, Delano said:

@Chevdove

I am sure you can find a YouTube clip of Bonobo chimps. It may change your mind. 

I answered your question before you asked it. And you didn't bother to watch the clip 

@Troy

On 12/17/2018 at 3:05 AM, Troy said:

 

So @Delano do these Bonobos perfrom fellacio on or sodimize each other? I've heard of this of homosexual bonobos before, but never thought to look into it. 

On 12/21/2018 at 7:59 AM, Troy said:

Your belief (or not) in the virgin birth or Christ or the or the asexual production of a male child from a female does matter.  Are you really being supportive of @Chevdove by not revealing what you actually believe?

 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:39 AM, Delano said:

Ask Chevdove 

 

I never said you didn't support her position so why are you saying this. 

I said earlier I agree with Pioneer about being neutral and not having a position. I am pretty sure you were part of that conversation if not I can tag you. 

 

On 12/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, Delano said:

Its not as simple as yes or no. Troy. Going forward i will be neutral and will post other people's words and definitions. 

@Troy

 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:53 AM, Delano said:

 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:21 PM, Troy said:

No need to tag me Del. A simple yes or no would suffice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 4:53 AM, Delano said:

A Myth is something true that never happened

The Bible is mythology, so its not a simple yes or no answer. Myths never happened but contain truths. 

@Troy

There is a difference betwen me not answering. And you not hearing the answer that you want to hear. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

@Cynique again the "battling monologues" is a consequence of dodging questions...

You are being to hard on yourself @Troy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't comment about you accidentally deleting my post. Since you had deleted a clip because you didn't understand why i posted it. And you didn't comprehend my cryptic explanation. 

Which is interesting, you delete what you don't understand. I will leave that right here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Delano said:

I didn't comment about you accidentally deleting my post. Since you had deleted a clip because you didn't understand why i posted it. And you didn't comprehend my cryptic explanation. 

 

No. The clip was posted at least 4 times and on old and completely unrealeted posts.  It was clearly a mistake either a bug or a mistake on your part. I NEVER delete posts just because I dont like what written. 

 

20 hours ago, Delano said:

The Bible is mythology, so its not a simple yes or no answer. Myths never happened but contain truths

 

@Delano the answer is simple. Introducing mythology is subterfuge and clouds the issue. I was talking about women giving birth asexually and how Chevdove mixes science with religion.

 

After all your copy and pasting you STILL have not said if you believe that virgins can give birth to boys. 

 

You refuse to be clear. 

 

@Delano Is the "myth" of the virgin birth of Christ true in your view true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Troy said:

The Bible is mythology, so its not a simple yes or no answer. Myths never happened but contain truths

 

4 hours ago, Troy said:

 the answer is simple. Introducing mythology is subterfuge and clouds the issue. I was talking about women giving birth asexually and how Chevdove mixes science with religion.

 

After all your copy and pasting you STILL have not said if you believe that virgins can give birth to boys. 

 

You refuse to be clear

 

@Delano Is the "myth" of the virgin birth of Christ true in your view true?

Pay close attention to the answer Troy I am writing very slowly. 

A Myth is something true that never happened. So i believe the truth that is revealed, but not the story thay reveals it. So either I am being cryptic or you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delano

What EXACTLY do you mean that "a myth is something true that never happened"??

Please break this down  as SIMPLY and as LUCIDLY as you can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Delano

What EXACTLY do you mean that "a myth is something true that never happened"??

Please break this down  as SIMPLY and as LUCIDLY as you can.

Good timing your post arrived one minute after my explanation. Interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Delano said:

Good timing your post arrived one minute after my explanation. Interesting 


Lol, don't get too spooked out.
I actually posted it BEFORE your explanation but I figured you wouldn't notice it so I deleted it and RE-posted it after your last post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Delano said:

Perhaps someone else can explain it to you and Troy. 

I thought my explanation was clear. 


Everything can be improved upon.

I don't know about Troy's understanding, but can you make it a little more clear for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hansel and Gretel is a fairy tale. Its not an actual news story from Germany. It isn't true. However children taking candy from  strangers is a bad idea. That is the lesson in a story that's  fiction. 

 

That is the function of fairy tales. They are fantastic stories that aren't true. Yet they are instructional and illustrate truths. 

 

 Oedipus Rex is the story about a man who kills his father the king and marries his mother. It is also a Freudian psychological concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Delano said:

Hansel and Gretel is a fairy tale. Its not an actual news story from Germany. It isn't true. However children taking candy from  strangers is a bad idea. That is the lesson in a story that's  fiction. 

 

That is the function of fairy tales. They are fantastic stories that aren't true. Yet they are instructional and illustrate truths. 

 

 Oedipus Rex is the story about a man who kills his father the king and marries his mother. It is also a Freudian psychological concept. 

 

You said it was a fairy tale, but is the story of Hansel and Gretel an actual "myth"?

And is the Oedipus Rex story also a myth? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether its a fairy tale myth or allegory it serves the same function. Its a truism housed in a story that is not true. Hopefully that clears it up for you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Delano said:

Whether its a fairy tale myth or allegory it serves the same function. Its a truism housed in a story that is not true. Hopefully that clears it up for you. 

 



Del.....
Are the Hansel and Gretel and the Oedipus Rex stories MYTHS?

I'd prefer an actual answer to that question rather than a finger wagging lecture, lol.


And if not, can you give me some clear examples of myths that I may examine them and see the value in them for myself.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:


Del.....
Are the Hansel and Gretel and the Oedipus Rex stories MYTHS?

I'd prefer an actual answer to that question rather than a finger wagging lecture, lol

Get a dictionary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delano said:

Get a dictionary. 

 

I have one......

Image result for using dictionary


Lol, now what word do I have to look up to find YOUR answers to my questions?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Delano said:

I gave you an answer. I ask the librarian they git paid to educate people. 


1. You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

2. Librarians "git paid" to help people find books, not to educated them on their findings.


Now are you going to answer my questions, or do I have to get Robert Mueller to fly out there and interrogate the answers out of you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

Now are you going to answer my questions, or do I have to get Robert Mueller to fly out there and interrogate the answers out of you?

@Pioneer1There is no difference between the nouns "response" and "answer" unless an adjective  such as "right" or "wrong" modifies them.  And the phrase "interrogate the answers out of you" is redundant.  🤨

 

Answer: a thing said, written, or done to deal with or as a reaction to a question, statement, or situation: "synonyms: response, reply  

Response  a reply or an answer. 

 

@Delano Sorry, couldn't resist.  But your decision to be neutral tempts me.   😁Merry Christmas to you. 

 

                                                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Delano

Merry Christmas


Thank you.
But I don't celebrate pagan holidays; nor do most of the people I roll with.

Now will you please and kindly answer my questions.
Those being, and I will repeat:

1. Is the Hansel and Gretel story a myth?

2. Is the Oedipus story a myth?

3. And if NOT, can you please share with us some CLEAR EXAMPLES of myths?

 

 


Cynique


There is no difference between the nouns "response" and "answer" unless an adjective such as "right" or "wrong" modifies them.


Wrong again.......
Let me give you a COMPENSATORY EDUCATION on these two different words:

The fact that "response" and "answer" are TWO DIFFERENT WORDS alone qualifies there being a difference between them.
All answers are responses, but not all responses are answers.

A response is merely a REACTION to a question, but it doesn't necessarily answer it....while an answer is a response that focuses on RESOLVING the question being asked whether that answer is correct or incorrect.

For example.....

If I ask a woman if she's married and she puts her hand over her mouth and blushes...that's a RESPONSE but it doesn't answer my question.

However if I ask her if she's married and she says "no" then that is an ANSWER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

If I ask a woman if she's married and she puts her hand over her mouth and blushes...that's a RESPONSE but it doesn't answer my question.

That's a reaction, not a response. According to the dictionary, response and answer are synonyms. nouns whose meaning can change when they are modified by adjectives.   i don't need long-winded explanations(?) from a source like you who can't spell, makes grammatical errors on a regular basis and uses "ect", instead of "etc".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cynique said:

That's a reaction, not a response. According to the dictionary, response and answer are synonyms. nouns whose meaning can change when they are modified by adjectives.   i don't need long-winded explanations(?) from a source like you who can't spell, makes grammatical errors on a regular basis and uses "ect", instead of "etc".  


A reaction IS a response......albeit an involuntary response at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:


1. You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

2. Librarians "git paid" to help people find books, not to educated them on their findings.


Now are you going to answer my questions, or do I have to get Robert Mueller to fly out there and interrogate the answers out of you?

It's much better that I ignore your rudeness and your feigned (?) stupidity. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

1. You didn't give me an answer, you gave me a RESPONSE.....there's a difference.

 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

A reaction IS a response......albeit an involuntary response at times.

The same can be said of "answer".  Del's reaction was his answer in response to a question he chose to ignore.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 6:30 AM, Delano said:

It's much better that I ignore your rudeness and your feigned (?) stupidity. 

Pioneer1     700

Pioneer1

Cynique

 

And you want to replace these white lies and myths with black ones


Mythology has it's place but I want to replace lies with TRUTH, which has no color

@Pioneer1, thank you for showing me not to take anything you say at face value. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...