My observation as a black man.

So I been seeing stories about Singer Monica dating a guy in Prison and Now Keyshia Cole being in love with football player Antonio Brown. I am using these 2 as example because it's recent, but there are many other cases o could talk about.

My point is how come black women as a whole seem to choose the most toxic worse men of our race? By that I mean seemingly successful black women also choose the worse most toxic men in our race. Sure we all heard women love bad boys, but by in large black women out of every race seem to be the ones to consistently and more often than not choose bad partners...

From what I have witnessed most black women don't even want a blue collar hard working type man (Welder, Plummer etc). From the numbers I remember 2 and 1 is estimated only 18 percent of black males are actually fathering children, while 50 percent of black males are single and childless. Meaning there are alot of single mothers out there with multiple baby daddy's. But the kicker is alot of those single black men are actually middle class.

I grew up in a religious environment and I noticed something...Black women throughout my church are more likely to be single parents and end up with dead beats...Even when being raised by 2 parents, in a religious household in a wholesome environment. I had a friend early last year who I grew up with get killed by her husband she met in prison. She got killed by him and so did her brother. She essentially got her brother killed because she wanted a bad boy. The Males in my church seemingly never get with women who are ghetto or low class. Even when a dude doesn't date a black woman they usually end up with a well to do white woman.

Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with black women and is it an intelligence/I.Q thing? Usually a person of high I.Q wants to be with a person with a similar or higher I.Q...Thats usually the case with most races...But not ours.

• 4 weeks later...

Makaveli  

(I know he probably won't respond....lol)

My brother, I'd like to correct you on something if I may.....

You've frequently used the term "Black women" but I think the more accurate term would be AFRO-AMERICAN (or African American) WOMEN. Because much of what you describe applies for the most part solely to the women of the United States and not to the billions of other Black women globally.

Secondly, AfroAmerican women tend to have different values when choosing a mate than most women do because the conditions in which most of them grew up and currently live in are different.
Most AfroAmerican women DON'T NEED AfroAmercan men, so when they choose a man they can choose him based on EMOTION SATISFACTION rather than FINANCIAL SECURITY.
So they are free to choose men based on how they look, his swag,  how good they are in bed, ect......rather than how much money he makes or what type of job he has.
In many cases he doesn't even HAVE to work because she'll work and pay the bills as long as he keeps her happy.

Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with black women and is it an intelligence/I.Q thing? 

Yes.
But that applies to BOTH Black men and Black women, in the United States atleast
The fact is a lot of our people (AfroAmericans) are just plain STUPID and that's why so many make stupid decisions and constantly get in trouble and stay poor and broke.

It's not the ONLY reason, but it's a MAJOR reason and probably THEE MAJOR reason.

Most heterosexual women want a masculine man. In a warped way, thugs. gangsters and athletes give off that vibe.

A weak dude doesn't make a woman feel safe on his watch. A woman wants to feel protected from harm or danger. She wants to be satisfied in bed.

There's a shortage of strong black men. As a result, some women are either sharing a man and/or satisfying their wants and needs by picking among the litter including those who are as Jay-Z rapped..."locked up, behind bars". 😎

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, Makaveli said:

estimated only 18 percent of black males are actually fathering children...

What are the other 82% of men doing?  There is something missing here.  Does this stat include prepubescent black males, the elderly, the infertile, gay men,...?  If so maybe 18% is reasonable, what are the figures for other races?

On 6/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, ProfD said:

Most heterosexual women want a masculine man. In a warped way, thugs. gangsters and athletes give off that vibe.

A weak dude doesn't make a woman feel safe on his watch. A woman wants to feel protected from harm or danger. She wants to be satisfied in bed.

There's a shortage of strong black men. As a result, some women are either sharing a man and/or satisfying their wants and needs by picking among the litter including those who are as Jay-Z rapped..."locked up, behind bars". 😎

You know what gets me scratching my head sometimes is when so many sistaz VEHEMENTLY oppose polygamy and think it's so unacceptable and disrespectful and deman that they have "their man" all to themselves.....but half of them are SHARING men with other women anyway!

When you routinely sleep with and spend time with a man you know has a wife or girlfriend....you're SHARING him!
And many of these women are gladly doing it.
And in some cases....infact most cases....the wife or girlfriend even KNOWS that her man is sleeping around and in some cases even knows who the woman is and puts up with it.
But will sit there with a straight face declaring that they would "never tolerate" polygamy.