Racists will not end their penchant for coming for us

Sadly, here’s more proof that White Supremacists will never stop gunning for Black people.

This Black man was just walking by this clown's shop in Warren, Mich., which enraged the 56-year assailant. 

Potential Nazi-inspired racist attack thwarted with conviction

https://thegrio.com/2023/11/22/jury-michigan-business-owner-shot-at-black-man-walking-past-store/

Stay aware. 

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

Sadly, here’s more proof that White Supremacists will never stop gunning for Black people.

Stay aware. 

Black folks definitely have to keep their head on a swivel and stay ready when it comes to being targeted for attack in one way or another.

I hope for a time when we can live in peace, joy, happiness and prosperity; not having too worry about being attacked or harmed by anyone including racists, white supremacists and even some of our own folks.😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ProfD said:

I hope for a time when we can live in peace, joy, happiness and prosperity; not having too worry about being attacked or harmed by anyone including racists, white supremacists and even some of our own folks.

Man, that time is now.  I'd be willing to bet you don't walk to down the street worried about some rabid racists.

If you did, I suggest that you block all forms of media that "pushes" to content to you whether that is an autoplay YouTube video, social media feed, or search engine result -- yeah, I know that is pretty much everything online 😮

• Like 1

I see Warren ain't changed since I was a kid.......

40 and 50 years ago I heard old folks making jokes about Warren and how Black folks better not so much as drive through there if they want to make it back home to Detroit.

Warren and Dearborn were the two spots for Black folks to stay away from.
Not just because they WERE nearly all White....but because the Whites were POOR and ANGRY.

Dearborn got taken over by the Arabs in the 80s and ain't went back since.
But the White folks in Warren were FIERCE.

I could give people a Doctoral Thesis on race-relations in the Detroit area.....lol.

Unlike most parts of the country, the Detroit area had a lot of "ethnic" White folks like Polish, Italian, Irish, Jewish, and other groups.  Especially on the Eastside of the metro area.
They tend to be more racist....and unapologetically racist...than the regular run of the mill comb-his-hair-to-the-side White folks who'll wave at you with a shitty smile as he walks his dog past you....lol.
Warren is full of White folks of Italian and Irish descent so I'm not surprised at all.
Back in the 70s and 80s all they DID was stand around smoking cigarettes and pacing back and forth on the sidewalks complaining about the Black folks down in Detroit and what they'd do to them if they decided to cross "the line"....lol.

Many of them are still angry at being driven out of Detroit back in the 60s and 70s.

8 hours ago, Troy said:

That @Pioneer1 is a very sad commentary.  Sounds like it is far worse up north than the former confederate states...

Ofcourse.....
Northern states have been more racist than Southern states for about a good 40 to 50 years now.

For one thing.....
The Black population is much higher in Southern states, so Whites are FORCED to pretty much get along with the Black folks they have to live and work around.
In most Northern states, Black folks are pretty much concentrated in urban areas where they are surrounded by White suburbs and even Whiter (is that a word???) rural communities.
So it's like the Black communities are under siege in the North.
White folks up North pretty much only come around Black folks when they WANT to or HAVE to.....where as down South, they have no choice BUT to live and work around us.
Which changes their attitude and methods of dealing with us.

Another thing is Black folks seem to have more "love" for eachother in the South.
Our culture is stronger and more closer to the roots.
We can enjoy eachother's company freely.....and others have to adjust themselves to it.
Up North, Black folks are used to adjusting themselves to White middle-class culture and only being free to do our thing when we leave the job or get back to "the hood".

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Northern states have been more racist than Southern states for about a good 40 to 50 years now.

Southern white folks have been anti-Black since slavery. 

Northern white folks who immigrated from Europe to the United States through Ellis Island included anti-Black sentiment in their luggage.

I would contend that racism and especially anti-Black sentiment throughout the United States has been the same ever since white folks showed up. 😎

Some of you really think Black and Whites in the North had to get along because of our close proximity to each other? Provide proof for your silly assertions.

Ever hear of Redlining? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35255835

Nope. The unabashed truth is: We rarely got along.

Talented Black men and women were always forced to walk a gauntlet of suspicion that we somehow cheated, were having sex with someone of import or were blackmailing others.

So, you are friggin’ dreaming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/george-floyd-america/nathan-mccall-systemic-racism-higher-education/

Do any of you know how to research a topic or an issue? Or do you just make shit up?

The real truth about the U.S. North when it came to their views of Black people  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Do any of you know how to research a topic or an issue? Or do you just make shit up?

Considering the literacy around here, I'm inclined to believe we're capable of both...doing research and making sh8t up.😉

Providing opinions on topics keeps the discussions lively and also adds a touch of humor to the mix.😁

I doubt the forum was intended to be a classroom.  In any event, allow reader(s) to separate the chaff from the wheat and do their own fact-checking.😎

• Like 1

Ofcourse it's Caucasians in general......

But as Neely Fuller Jr. and other AfroAmerican Social Scientists have observed about Whites........
The larger the numbers of Whites....the more "refined" and sneaky the racism is.
There is no need to be "nasty" with it because you clearly have the numbers.

But as the Black population grows and pretty soon the Blacks start approaching the same or become predominate in their population....the Whites often have to be more brutal and violent to maintain rulership.
This is what happened in the South.

In the North you didn't have but a HAND FULL of Black folks scatted in places like Philadelphia and Chicago....and they were busy trying to get to Canada.
The Northern Whites could let them play around and write poetry.
But in the South where the Black population equaled in in some cases out numbered the Whites.....they decided early on that they were going to clamp down hard and keep FIRM control over every aspect of Black life including the population, reproduction, residency, ect....so that they didn't get over ran like the Whites in the Carribean in places like Haiti and Jamaica.

From Nathan McCall’s article linked above:

I have come to accept that, while America is my homeland, it’s also been my fiercest enemy. In a country that brags about its greatness and exceptionalism, much of what I’ve achieved has been despite — not because of — the system.

I hear Nathan but I disagree. I worked in corporate America long enough to see white folks who are less qualified, than their black peers, and be advanced more frequently and be paid more. I also noticed that Black people are usually more impeccably credentialed than their white peers.

I’ve worked with ignorant, mildly racist, white people, and I’ve worked with some really decent ones. I would argue. I’ve been held back by some and advanced by others. Every Wall Street job I’ve gotten has been through a white connection.

I seriously doubt that an ex con like Nathan McCall has gotten to where he is without the help of a few halfway decent white people. I argue strongly even that much of his success is because of the system.

The Salon was a bit more nuanced as illustrated by the quote below:

The truth is that both stories are real, and they have coexisted—albeit uneasily. This kind of truth can be difficult to assimilate. It does not fit with a portrait of American history as the story of freedom. Neither does it jibe with an understanding of America  as the story of oppression. The larger tale weaves together these warring strands—it is a story befitting a nation that boasts an African American  president  as well as staggering racial and economic inequality.

I grew up in the north, and heard all the stories about the deep racism in the south, the segregation, and all of that. I grew up in New York City and was educated in completely segregated schools.

In stark contrast, my cousins, in the south, went to integrated schools. I used to marvel at the fact that in grade school they knew white people. In fact, the first white people I met as a kid were the ones my cousins introduced me to in the south.

I did not meet or attend school with a white person until I was in high school and that was largely because I went to magnet school that you had to take a test to get into. If I went to my zoned high school it would’ve been more of the same poor and wrong class black and Puerto Rican kids.

The police were never our friends. Our communities were never serviced properly, dirty, and rundown. The south for me was arguably less racist and cleaner.

I also worked in corporate environments in the deep south and in the north, and I found the north to be more oppressive than the south.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not only was the South less racist in MY experiences, but I saw more BLACK LOVE and BLACK UNITY down South back in the 80s and 90s than I did in the North.

Our culture was....and still is...much stronger in the South than in the North except for places like Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia....but don't step outside the city limits;  and DEFINITELY stronger than out West.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Not only was the South less racist in MY experiences, but I saw more BLACK LOVE and BLACK UNITY down South back in the 80s and 90s than I did in the North.

I bet those good Afroamericans in the South didn't allow you to go anywhere near the racists.

Southern Black folks are conditioned from birth to either avoid or know how to deal with racists when encountered. 

It's urban raised AfroAmericans like myself who go down South with a swagger that puts everybody on notice that 1) I'm not from down there and 2) I don't give a f8ck about racist white folks.😎

• Like 1

I'm really wondering how we can keep the state of South Carolina and others from exporting these crash dummies:

Mush Mouth Tim Scott

image.png.4be93dd732012aa4778f4dd6d435cb0e.png

Uncle Ruckus Jim Clyburn

image.png.fdb7bcdc0a243c4c568cfe0e79636fe3.png

These sellouts are doing whatever it takes to roll back 50 years any respectability and gains AfroAmericans have made in America.

Mush mouth Tim Scott has licked so many boots that he has to brush his teef with leather cleaner.😎 

On 12/7/2023 at 9:54 PM, ProfD said:

Southern Black folks are conditioned from birth to either avoid or know how to deal with racists when encountered. 

Yeah.....
While a lot of Black folks up Noth are conditioned to RUN from them, especially when they have a uniform and a badge.
...and still end up getting locked up by the thousands.

Let's go to New York, D.C. Detroit, Chicago, or Philly and you tell  me how much of a fight these young niccaz have been putting up against the racists.....lol.

BTW........we didn't consider D.C. and Baltimore traditional "Northern" cities.
They are Eastcoast in terms of architecture but in term of culture and the way people talk and interact, there is a very strong Southern vibe.

When I would interact with my cousins from D.C. they would refer to people as "Miss So-n-So" a lot.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:07 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Let's go to New York, D.C. Detroit, Chicago, or Philly and you tell  me how much of a fight these young niccaz have been putting up against the racists.....lol.

As a chocolate city, DC residents didn't have to deal with racists.

If racists showed up in DC to work and live, they left their robes and hoods down south. They didn't bring that BS...burning crosses,   lynching or shooting unarmed Black folks. 

DC is in the Mid-Atlantic part of the east coast and therefore onsidered more southern.

Still, in my lifetime, DC never had the issues of the deeper south. We wouldn't tolerate or play that sh8t.😎

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

I was talking specifically about the racist Whites on the police department.

Umderstood.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

However for a long time you had a strong Black mayor who shielded you from a lot of the racism so many of our people were experiencing around the nation.

True.

Still, DC has been predominantly Black as well. No room for racists running rampant.😎