Actor Jonathan Majors Verdict

Actor Jonathan Majors was found guilty of a misdemeanor and a violation that could result in up to one year prison sentence:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/jonathan-majors-trial-verdict-1235759607/

Majors will lose more in job opportunities as a result of this situation. He's already been dropped by his management company. Marvel comics is removing him from their movies.

A Black man should know there is a huge target on his back. Any form of success increases the bullseye range. 

For a Black man, any and every transgression of law especially of a violent nature will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

in Jonathan Majors situation, the victim didn't press charges. The state of NY did it. 

The guilty verdict won't cost Jonathan Majors a significant amount of his freedom. But, among the dominant society, he will lose far more in the court of public opinion and income.

Another Black man who was a rising star brought back down to Earth. White folks totally enjoy the take down.

Majors isn't the first and won't be the last the Black man to bring this on himself.

President of Ultimate Fighting Championship Dana White was caught on video slapping his wife around. Nothing happened to him.

The Black man cannot get away with high crimes or misdemeanors in the same manner as white men. The question is when will he ever learn.😎

Another question is, will Black people IN POSITIONS OF POWER learn to USE their power to help eachother?

I'm no lawyer and I'm not exactly sure what went down that night but I saw video of him actually running AWAY from his girlfriend that he was accused of assaulting.
Yet they still got him on 2 counts.

There are plenty of Black judges in New York at the local and state level who could OVERTURN his conviction and challenge the case.

Not ONCE has the word "racism" even come up or been mentioned in the media regarding this case.
Sexism and domestic violence has...but not the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Why not?

Because so many Black folks have been BEAT DOWN and SHAMED into not wanting to even discuss racism let alone fight it.

Latinos look out for eachother.
Asians look out for eachother.
Arabs look out for eachother.

It's almost a GIVEN that they do this for members of their own community.

White men aren't "gods".
The formula they use is simple.
SEEK power and USE power.

When we start learning to do the same, we'll be in a MUCH better position as a demographic.

57 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Another question is, will Black people IN POSITIONS OF POWER learn to USE their power to help eachother?

There are plenty of Black judges in New York at the local and state level who could OVERTURN his conviction and challenge the case.

Well, Alvin Bragg is the Manhattan District Attorney. Ultimately, it was his office that brought charges against Majors. 

DA Bragg said the verdict showed that Majors has a " pattern of abuse and coercion".

The Black man who could have helped Majors threw him under the bus instead.

AfroAmerican problems within the prison of racism white supremacy run deep.  They've turned some Black folks against themselves.😎

• Sad 1

Has anyone considered that Majors may actually be a predator who needs an incentive to stop?  

I have not followed the story other than what I've read here, but why is his actual behavior not a consideration?

Maybe the Black judge was trying to protect Black women?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Has anyone considered that Majors may actually be a predator who needs an incentive to stop?  

I have not followed the story other than what I've read here, but why is his actual behavior not a consideration?

Maybe the Black judge was trying to protect Black women?

There is an inconsistency in how white men are treated for worse offenses against women. 

Read about UFC President Dana White as I mentioned above.

I don't believe the NY DA nor the judge were trying to protect Black women especially when this victim appears to be white.

Jonathan Majors' crime was 1) being a black man and 2) rich and 3) dating white women. 

White folks have had a sour pickle in their mouths when it comes to Black men dating white women ever since heavyweight champion boxer Jack Johnson showed off in the early 1900s.🤣😎

I mean was there ever an attempt on his life?  They were still Lynching people for just look at whiet women the wrong way back then -- an Johnson was seemingly flaunting his relationships.

I also wonder why he wanted to even be bother with White women... when he probably could have had almost any Black woman he desired.

44 minutes ago, Troy said:

I mean was there ever an attempt on his life?  They were still Lynching people for just look at whiet women the wrong way back then -- an Johnson was seemingly flaunting his relationships.

I also wonder why he wanted to even be bother with White women... when he probably could have had almost any Black woman he desired.

Jack Johnson was born in the South but spent the most prosperous years of his life in the North (New York, Chicago, Philly, Detroit). 

While Jack Johnson was never in any real danger, his *success* in beating a white man for the heavyweight title did lead to a race riot.

Also, Jack Johnson was the most feared Black man in and out the ring during his reign.

To this day, some Black men choose to deal with white women.  Probably has something to do with forbidden fruit.

I guess those dudes believe not only is the white man's ice colder but his fruit must be sweeter too. 🤣😎   

I personally prefer Black women (African, American, East Indian -if I can get one...lol) however I've found attractive women in ALL races.
I don't think Black men should limit themselves to ONLY Black women or even women of color but SHOULD selectively have sex with women of ALL races including White women for social and political purposes.

However I DO NOT support Black women having sex with White men.
I support her RIGHT to do so if she wishes...but I don't support the act or choice.

....yes, I DO have a double standard when it comes to that.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/bernice-king-responds-jonathan-majors-compares-meagan-good-coretta-sco-rcna133260

This fool has jumped the shark in trying to compare his new girlfriend to the late Coretta Scott King. 

This is one of main reasons why we cannot let self-serving entertainers represent Black folks.

Saying that goofy sh8t should not have been anywhere in his n8gglet spirit. Drop squad.😎

• Haha 1

I just read the article which quoted Majors as saying;

“She’s an angel. She’s held me down like a Coretta. I’m so blessed to have her.” 

Please, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Major's statement. @ProfD do you really believe that remark deserves the ire of Black people? 

NBC's headline, "...Jonathan Majors compares Meagan Good to Coretta Scott King" is a click bait.  NBC then bolstered their sad story with unattributed quotes from people on Twitter -- pathetic!

“Reducing Coretta Scott King to a ‘ride or die chick’ is pathetic,” one person wrote in a post on X. Another added: “Coretta Scott King was not a sidekick. She was an activist before and after MLK’s death, mobilized Black voters & was a political force for decades. She was not a silent trophy wife. Don’t say you ‘want a Coretta’ if you don’t want a Black woman who will hold you accountable.”

This is not news just gossip.  

Majors' will be fine. 

Speaking of Meagan it was just a few years ago she pubbed a book about the virtues of waiting to have sex until after marriage.  Maybe that is why Majors is going around beating up people LOL!

On 12/19/2023 at 4:38 AM, ProfD said:

The Black man cannot get away with high crimes or misdemeanors in the same manner as white men. The question is when will he ever learn.😎

I've not heard of him. From reading the article, I suppose he has been an actor for Marvel.

But if he is guilty then, he should pay for his crime. 

I wonder too why we, in general as Black people, don't realize how we are targeted for crimes more so than other kinds of people. 

Sometimes too though, I believe that we are given a false sense of security in that we can commit crimes and get away for the very purpose of setting us up to be defined as the most violent people on earth. 

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I've not heard of him. From reading the article, I suppose he has been an actor for Marvel.

But if he is guilty then, he should pay for his crime. 

Sure if there was a real crime. The charges against him are built on some BS. His white counterparts have gotten away with much worse. Cue up the Dana white slapping the sh8t outta his wife in public.

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

I wonder too why we, in general as Black people, don't realize how we are targeted for crimes more so than other kinds of people. 

Some folks don't care. Others think money and/or fame will get the a pass.😎

• 2 months later...

Jonathan Majors has been sentenced to probation.  He has to attend a 52-week domestic violence course.  He also has to continue mental healthy therapy sessions.  Of course, he's already lost millions of dollars in potential income.

This another cautionary situation that should be heavily promoted to young Black men.  Especially those who are intellectually and/or physically gifted and/or talented.  Opportunists can see money and sense weakness from miles away.

A wise man said, you'll never make a lot of money chasing women but you'll have access to a lot of women once you've made money.   Ties directly to a fool and his money shall soon be parted.

Unfortunately, Majors isn't the first nor will he be the last brotha to crash and burn for messing around with that forbidden fruit. 😁😎

ProfD

I wish our brother hadn't gotten found guilty at all, but since he did...I'm glad he only got probation.

Yeah, he lost potentially millions.....but atleast he still has his relative "freedom" to find more sponsors, make more money, and rebuild his reputation.

BTW.....
I wouldn't call White women the "forbidden fruit".
They should no more be forbidden to us than Black women are forbidden to White men.

The problem isn't Black men screwing White women.
The problem is the lack of retaliation on the part of Black men who get harassed and punished for screwing White women by racist non-Blacks and confused Black folks.

In the deep South, Black men weren't lynched because they were accused of messing with White women.
They were lynched because they COULD be.
That was just an excuse.

38 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yeah, he lost potentially millions.....but atleast he still has his relative "freedom" to find more sponsors, make more money, and rebuild his reputation.

Unlike Tiger Woods, Majors wasn't making a lot of money for white folks.  They don't really need him.

BTW.....
I wouldn't call White women the "forbidden fruit".
They should no more be forbidden to us than Black women are forbidden to White men.

These domestic violence cases and child support payments are the modern day equivalent of lynching.

The problem isn't Black men screwing White women.
The problem is the lack of retaliation on the part of Black men who get harassed and punished for screwing White women by racist non-Blacks and confused Black folks.

Ties back to powerlessness.  There was no reason for Majors to be found guilty of that BS.

UFC president Dana White slapped the sh8t out of his wife on video.  No charges.  No backlash.

In the deep South, Black men weren't lynched because they were accused of messing with White women.
They were lynched because they COULD be.
That was just an excuse.

No different today.  They just don't hang from trees.  Those pockets get turned inside out.🤣😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

No different today.  They just don't hang from trees.  Those pockets get turned inside out.🤣😎

Make no mistake....
They are STILL hanging a few Black folks from trees down South, as quiet as it's being kept in the MSM.

16 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Make no mistake....
They are STILL hanging a few Black folks from trees down South, as quiet as it's being kept in the MSM.

Absolutely.

Black folks above the radar (celebrities, athletes and entertainers) are getting it differently...pockets and/or prison.😎

@ProfDJonathan Majors starred in a HBO sc-fi series I watched a couple of years ago  that was entitled   "Lovecraft Country".  It was a pretty good show but I couldn't get into Jonathan's interpretation of the character he played,  I found  his acting style to be very one- dimensional and aloof, unlike the 

the other actors in the cast of this all-black show. I say this to say, that when the news broke about the charges against Majors, and I later read his words, my reaction was: now I know why I wasn't a fan of his acting.

The ego in general, and the male ego in particular often play a role in bolstering the "pride that goeth  before a fall". Jonathan Major's success went to his head and his  subsequent  behavior cost him his role of playing a super hero. Of course black males will insist that it all has to do with racism and refer back to the lynching era, (which, in hind sight, they actually know very little  about)... Considering that Majors' girlfriend was white, eye-rolling sistas might think:  well, that's what he gets... lol

This is the quote in question.

"I'm a great man. A great man. I am doing great things, not just for me but for my culture and for the world." This was a part of the 

entire statement Jonathan Majors   made in reference to his expecting  his woman to be a "Coretta" to his Martin,  and a "Michelle" to his Barack. 

5 minutes ago, aka Contrarian said:

Jonathan Major's success went to his head and his  subsequent  behavior cost him his role of playing a super hero. 

Jonathan Majors attended Yale University. I wonder how much that factored into his ego and comfortability with the dominant society.

Oh well, Majors did very well acting in The Harder They Fall and Creed III. Maybe he'll work his way back up the ladder after getting knocked down a few rungs.😎

• Like 1