New Florida Bookstore Celebrates Black History and Culture

I have said in this very online community many times, my two married black parents made sure my education started at home first and not just history but arithmetic/chemistry/sports. I support the sister in her action to strengthen the culture of black learning in tampa. This isn't a museum but it is a place in a black populace in a state referring to the black populace in the state it's in, thank you troy
https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/10746-blacks-in-hawaii/

some quotes

"we have seen a force that would shatter our nation rather than share it, people will destroy a place or a people rather than to be accepting of diversity"
The language of Black Federalist is so strong, but I comprehend the larger message which the father of Black Federalism, Frederick Douglass started. To black federalist the usa is what they want it to be, a pan-human government where equal opportunity plus individual rights exist for all in it, gardless their historical or modern relationship to the usa. And blacks who are not federalist are free to do as they will but black federalists will not speak to their partition in the black populace in the usa no matter their quantity or quality.

"in the 1930s census , it has  a list of people including my family members and no one could read and no one could right and that just ... was incredible to me"
I wish she would had used the word saddening/angering. I don't find anything incredible/shocking/uncommon/odd about enslaved people, jim crow is a form of slavery, being unabled or disabled; that is the point of slavery. Slavery before the war between the states or Jim Crow after the war between the states from whites wouldn't had been mostly successful if it didn't unable or disable most black people. 

• Like 1

WTF????

@Troy

Lol.....man...what in the WORLD are you doing on the World News?????

Ludacris said:  Yuze a SUPER STAR boy....why you still up in the 'hood?   🤣

Hey Troy, why were you marching up the street and into the store like you were getting ready to go in and beat somebody down????
Look at the clip again.....

You weren't playing when you went inside that shop.....lol.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:34 PM, Troy said:

Every bookstore owned is not conscious; this bookstore owner is. 

This is just amazing!

We need so much more of this.

On 1/12/2024 at 5:07 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Lol.....man...what in the WORLD are you doing on the World News?????

He looked serious!

@Troy meant business!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2024 at 5:13 PM, Chevdove said:

He looked serious!

@Troy meant business!

Looked like a scene out of a Denzel Washington  American Gangsta movie....lol.

Brutha man marched up the street.....opened the door....and walked in with his head up like,   

"Alright.....WASSUP!!!   
Where my money at?????"

The only thing missing was the screams and glass breaking.....LOL.

Then check out how he was looking at the reporter during the interview......

He was looking at him with one eyebrow raised like Frank Lucas was looking at Nicky Barnes when he came to his club to pay him a visit....lol.

• Haha 2