What event unites all black americans? read my description before you answer.

Do Black people in the American continent need a heritage link?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Does every black populace under each government in the american continent have a mardi gras/carnaval?

• yes
    • no

I define black americans in this post as black people from canada to argentina whose forebears were mostly enslaved in the usa from the 1500s to 1800s. Very specific so no not, black people from africa or asia as free immigrants today. 

Now I realize i am very late with this question. But I know that the black populaces of guyana/suriname/french guiana/brazil/venezuela/ecuador all have carnavals. And the black populace of north america has mardi gras. The black communities in haiti/martinique/trinidad all have carnavals. so, while the black american populace has internal difference in language[english , french , portuguese]/religion[traditional/catholic/protestant]/governance [like marooons in northern south america who live on essentially reservations from a usa legal position]/lifestyle[country folk like in dominica, heavily urbanized as in the usa] 

Nothing binds the continental black american populace heritage wise except Carnaval.

I don't have proof but am I wrong? 

The reason the Black population in  most of those nations you mentioned have Carnivals is because most of those nations are Catholic or Anglican and many of the African indigenous religious rituals their enslaved Ancestors were strategically chosen to be practiced along side the Catholic rituals in order to mask them.

Kind of like how elements of Haitian Voodoo incorporated or paralleled certain Catholic rituals in order to mask it from Whites.

I mentioned several times on this site that in our ancient world before White people colonized and imposed their religions on the darker original people of the planet....we actually had PUBLIC SEX rituals and orgies where every adult in the community would come out and have sex with eachother.
People didn't see it as wrong or evil.
Caucasians made sex an "evil" to them but it was not evil to us.

The various Carnival rituals you see where women are walking around nearly naked is a tribute to that.

• Like 1

Black. Unity. Will. Not. Happen. Because. Of. Religion.  And. Politics. ...Willie. Lynch. Letter.  How. To. Make. A. Negro. Christian..  The. Dark. Skin.  Against. The. Light. Slung.  Chaos. Between. Black. Men. And. Women. Chaos.  Between. The. Old. And. The. Young........Poor  Inner. Schools.  ...

On 2/17/2024 at 7:56 PM, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1  I comprehend the why , i asked if you agree. If you do then what do you think can happen to strengthen this time. 

You did?
Sorry, I didn't catch that part.....lol.

The more contact we have with each other.....the more it will strengthen.

• Like 1

@ProfD that is true, all humans love handouts, its a myth that humans don't. Unfortunately, the black populace in the usa never had someone wealthy enough to give money to a large set like whites have on multiple occasions. 

The rockefellers in ny for example did that, gave jobs, gave things to the white community in the city. But they had the level of wealth to do that. 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:18 AM, ProfD said:

Make an announcement that there will be some kind of party with FREE food, drinks and entertainment and Black folks will unite.😁😎

You KNOW what our brother Neely Fuller Jr. says about Black folks "uniting" and "getting together".....lol.
Especially when there is no solid and well detailed agenda for them to follow from beginning to the end.

From the moment the FIRST Black man walks through that door....keep them busy with something to do!
No time for idleness.
Keep them busy as bees from the beginning until the last car pull out of the parking lot.....lol.

I voted no.

AfroAmericans do not have a Mardi Gras/Carnaval that unites us.

I think it's cool that Caribbean folks and other Black people have cultural ties that include annual parties and celebrations.

For AfroAmericans, maybe Juneteenth will become a bigger celebration over time.😎

but @ProfD

the question at the poll was

Does every black populace under each government in the american continent have a mardi gras/carnaval?

What black populace under a government in the american continent(canada to the usa) doesn't have a carnaval? i will like to know.

I didn't ask does a carnaval unite all continental black americans. None do. 

A day of freedom, is universal among the continental black americans from canada to argentina, but I don't think those days can be used to unite the DOSers continentally cause black people in the american continent have correctly while historically, always had variance among their definition of freedom or their goals. 

8 hours ago, richardmurray said:

but @ProfD

the question at the poll was

Does every black populace under each government in the american continent have a mardi gras/carnaval?

No.

8 hours ago, richardmurray said:

What black populace under a government in the american continent(canada to the usa) doesn't have a carnaval? i will like to know.

AfroAmericans who identify as FBA/ADOS. 

Maybe that more directly answers the poll question again.😁😎

3 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD but what about new orleans mardi gras? I know DOSers from new orleans... they are not ADOS to you then? 

Mardi Gras was started by the French.  ADOS folks in New Orleans do participate in it.😎

• Like 1