Don’t Make President Obama The Republican’s Garbage Man

The Presidential election is coming up in November. In October the jobless rate, the lowest in 44 months, is back where it was when President Obama took the oath office. That means President Obama has cleaned up much of the prior damage done by Republicans, now they want to move back into the White House and tear things up again with the same behavior that destroyed everything the last time around. Don’t allow President Obama to be the Republican’s garbage man.

http://pollardpost.blogspot.com/2012/10/dont-make-president-obama-republicans.html

• Like 3

Hi DT. I never was a big fan of the way employment figures are calculated. Indeed none of the people who lost their jobs 1 year after Obama took office and are still unable to find work are counted in the latest numbers. A direct comparison with 4 years ago based upon the unemployment figures does not really tell us very much -- partisan politics aside.

• 3 months later...

1. As Troy already suggested, the unemployment figures are GROSSLY underestimated.

But this didn't start with Obama, it actually started with Ronald Reagan.

Before he took office they actually counted every ablebodied adult who didn't have a job as unemployed.....and the rate was around 8%.

When Reagan took office he oversaw the shutting down of many of the manufacturing jobs that were in the cities with most of them moving out into rural areas or out of the country all together and the urban unemployment rate skyrocketed to well over 20% where it remains.

However the stats didn't reflect this because under his administration people in jail, in prison, or people who gave up and stopped looking for work were no longer included in the statistics. Which brings me to my next point........

2. I really believe that the unemployment rate today IS higher than it was when Bush was in office; because when Obama won the election most of the corporations started laying off people in massive numbers.

Now THIS wasn't Obama's fault.

Corporate executives are conservative and don't like regulations. They anticipated a Democrat would bring more regulations so they decided to dump thier losses and hold thier money until they figure Republicans get back in power.

Where I DO blame Obama is in how he's handling the unemployment situation.

Instead of creating a Federal jobs program like Roosevelt did during the Depression to give everyone a job who wants one......he is putting too much of the responsibility on the states and private firms to hire people.

By the grace of God I hope to have a huge firm in the near future.

It's not my responsibility to help bring down the unemployment rate needlessly hiring hundres of people just to give them a pay check and benefits!

It's my responsibility to MAKE MONEY and hire the people I need to help me do that and pay them a decent wage.

It's the GOVERNMENT'S responsibility to make sure the people's needs are taking care of (jobs, healthcare, housing, ect....) and they shouldn't force that responsibility on others.

Pioneer, Obama is not responsible for the unemployment rate, but what his presidency has shown is how the government is completely controlled by corporate America.  As president, Obama is the figure head (Obama groupies please don't shoot!)

I agree with you about corporate jobs.  I witnessed many middle class white folks lose their jobs to lower paid workers in Asia.  Many of the middle aged, over paid white middle managers had little hope of finding the same type of employment and struggle to maintain their life styles, send their kids to school, etc.  The emergence of the Tea Party, Occupy does not surprise me.

What does surprise me is the almost complete lack of outrage by the Black community.  We have been completely muzzled by the Obama presidency -- even former racial rabble rouser Al Sharpton is on the take -- urging Black folks to give Obama time -- for what?!

Black unemployment in places like NYC's Harlem is 50% at best.  

It is no wonder the Police precincts here (Harlem) are give people $100 for even gun brought in -- no questions asked.

Meanwhile in whitelandia...there is an arms race. 

Why do you ask...lol.

Are you planning on auditioning to become a member?

If you promise not to make any trouble, I'll give you some balloon pants, a top, and put you in my personal harem.

Why would I stop being a troublemaker to audition to be in the harem of an oversexed looney toon????? :o

Admin

There is a difference between something being your FAULT and something being your RESPONSIBILITY.

The high unemployment rate is certainly not Mr.Obama's fault because he didn't cause it nor did he intend it, however as the national leader it IS his responsibility to bring it down.  Improving the economy is one of the reasons he was elected.

During the economic debate over how to create more jobs, with an Democrat House and Senate he had an opportunity to do the Roosevelt thing and bypass the local governments and private sector to establish federally backed jobs all over America and quickly get millions of unskilled and lowskilled unemployed back to work on infrastructure building projects.
Instead, he signed in some half-assed plan that gave billions of dollars to private businesses and the state governments and charged THEM with the responsibility to do the hiring.  Did I mention that many of these states are ran by corrupt right-wing governors who'd do anything to see Obama fail?

And as most people who were against this approach in the first place predicted, the plan (of which nearly half of it consisted of tax cuts) FAILED.
After giving jobs to a handful of their trusted cronies, most of the billions that these governors received ended up unaccounted for and the unemployment rate either remained the same or increased leaving millions of people still unemployed and now even angrier and more distrustful of anything coming out of the federal government.

What does surprise me is the almost complete lack of outrage by the Black community. We have been completely muzzled by the Obama presidency -- even former racial rabble rouser Al Sharpton is on the take -- urging Black folks to give Obama time -- for what?!
Black unemployment in places like NYC's Harlem is 50% at best.

Get ready for another "well known secret" of the Black community.........lol.

Outside of the fact that too many Black men have felony records that give discriminatory employers an excuse not to even consider them in the first place......one of the MAIN reasons the Black unememployment rate is so high today is because many young Black men simply no longer have an incentive to work.

Even if jobs become available.
Good, easy, well paying jobs......
A large percentage of our brothers won't apply for them because they have no incentive to get out and work. They have women who are more than willing to take care of them.
If there mothers aren't taking care of them, they have wives and girlfriends who are feeding, clothing, and sheltering them plus giving them all the sex they want.

This is why you no longer see young Black men engaging in riots and protests over mass unemployment and job discrimination like you see among young men in Asia and even parts of Europe today.

In past generations, when Black men were charged with the responsibility for supporting not only themselves but thier wives and children, they didn't tolerate being unemployed to well, lol.  They were hungry and desparate and something had to be done.  But hell, if you have several women fighting eachother to make you thier "man" and take care of you then why get out in the street and risk getting a lick upside the head by a billclub fighting for a job you really don't want in the first place.

May as well stay at home sitting in your robe smoking weed and eating Cap'n Crunch.

It is no wonder the Police precincts here (Harlem) are give people $100 for even gun brought in -- no questions asked.
Meanwhile in whitelandia...there is an arms race.

In an indirect way the Obama Administration is responsible for this as well.
Just like the healthcare debate where instead of demanding Universal Healthcare he started off compromising and wouldn't even consider a Public Option......he's lukewarm and wishy-washy on this issue.

Rather than starting off with a plan to ban assault weapons and giving himself some room to compromise, he starts off with a mild   "....uh can we atleat get a national background check please'sir "   position.

23 executive orders.....none of which actually bans anything or makes any real impact.
But just enough to further piss off right-wing gun nuts who didn't trust him to begin with and gives them more evidence to support thier suspicions.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the man down in Alabama holding that little boy hostage is one of those nuts who is against Obama and believes the government is coming for his guns.
If you notice, the media talks a lot about his background but is being very silent on his "list of demands".

Cynique

Why would I stop being a troublemaker to audition to be in the harem of an oversexed looney toon?????

Now that was a terrible thing to say to man.
'talking about you don' t want to be in his harem.

((shakes head))

I'll tell ya.....I'd really like an apology.

But I suppose I won't get one from YOU will I?

The hostage situation in Alabama is over and they're STILL not talking about what his demands were.

I'm telling you, when it comes out he was probably ranting about Obama and gun control.

Rightwing conservatives will probably try to make another "Waco" situation out of this and attempt to make this man a hero who was "attacked" by the government....watch for it.