Troy

How someone associated with African culture & literature celebrates Christmas?

Like I said Sara... I thought you were in this for the good spirited debate that I've encountered here, but you definitely have PTSD traits and like I said before that is no laughing matter and it is not to be played with. When I see what you write, I see issues and when I see that I back off. I love winning a good internet battle, but after reading what you wrote to Cynique, it appears either you know her from somewhere else that I know nothing about. Hence the winks and the "guessing" of where she lives. Regular people or people who are okay don't do what you do in each of your posts. In regard to me all of your posts have been in response to... this was cool when we were debating on the other thread because it didn't feel aggressive or in your face, although it lacked support, it felt like jousting. This though the consistent need to pound your chest and belittle, it's ugly and dark. Maybe it was my use of asshole, obviously in jest which is why I also called myself an asshole that triggered something, but since that point you've sounded exactly like the person that said a man should burn in hell.

Nelson, I think the language barrier is ruining your ability to engage in what I am saying to Sara. I'm not playing a game or being rude, I see PTSD and I don't know if you've seen people killed or seen people hurt, but people who have seen these things and haven't dealt with it, write and talk a certain way. Sara is doing this, but there is something very odd about her attack on Cynique and her need to try and diss me. The tone, which can be conveyed in writing, has all of the elements we had to deal with when kids were killed in gang violence at schools and we had to talk with our kids or when we left the Gulf when I was in the military. 

I say this without any ill intent, Sara your banter in this thread is not the same as it was in the previous thread where we went back and forth. This is something different. There isn't any humor in it or wit, just venom. See you on a different thread if you feel you need to win this one, you win. 

Nelson if you would like to continue a discussion, I advise you to begin a new thread and fire away. A good discussion, with an edge or without is good for the soul.

Coo, I happy to create one, we are aware  that in the end we just want to learn new things and discover new ideas, exchange opinions, all good for the mind. We are all children of the same mother, and every family faces challenges, we just need to find a way to help one another and say, hey Brother/Sister you are being a little bit offensive here, but there is no malice. We are all black people victims of the same oppressor therefore like the branches of a tree we work together and love one another. Peace health, happiness and prosperity 

• Like 1

This thread is so long I didn't see Sara's comments about me.  But a response is forthcoming.

I am of the opinion that we should close this chat  with a wonderful apology from our dear brother Chris. I believe brother Cdburns should apologise to sister Sara, Why do I say this?

Seating here in England, I am no doctor, I don't personally know brother Chris, Imagine now I jumped to the  conclusion that he is addicted to substances just because he said something that lead me to think that. I could be right, however I could also be wrong and I am 100% sure that I am wrong. I have watched the videos on youtube and saw  brother Chris. He is  in perfect health and is fine. Good looking young man with total control of his mental faculties.  It would be a huge personal insult for me to state that our Brother does something which he doesn't. This thinking can be applied to the statements that brother Chris made regarding sister Sara. Although he doesn't know sister Sara  my brother states that she has PTDS.  Brother this line of thinking doesn't make sense. 

Although he doesn't know sister Sara brother Chris concluded that she has some PTSD. It could be true or it could be false. We don't personally know sister Sara, she has not told us that she is unwell, we aren't doctors. We shouldn't jump into conclusions. Our poor judgement can offend people. I personally think this is the case here. Who are we to say that Sister Sara has PTSD? 

Any illness is a personal matter. If the person tells us that he/she is unwell then we can talk about it. To accuse someone of having this or that, that's not a very clever thing to do. Sister  Sara has not told me that she unwell therefore I don't even think that she is unwell. 

Lets close this chat with a wonderful apology to sister Sara. 

Brother Chris, something like "Dear sister Sara I am sorry for saying silly things during our chat earlier" would be very nice. Leadership comes to us when we stand up and say, I was silly here. That my brother creates the space for new things to happen. 

Brother I guarantee it would also make you feel good as well. If you reflect on the matter you will see that it doesn't make sense to say that somebody has this or that while not personally knowing the person or getting the information from the person. 

Hotep Brethren, Peace, Health, Happiness & prosperity 

• Like 1

I don't agree that Chris owes Sara an apology.  If she can't take it, she shouldn't dish it out; if she can't stand the heat, she should get out of the kitchen. This is an open forum, and anything goes.

I, myself, am LMAO @ "Saradipity".  Who knew? She is a troll.  No wonder she's all over the place, just like her clueless discombobulated responses.   Having showed her true colors we now know how to disregard this devious scatterbrain. What we can conclude about her is that for her to have been a civil rights activist that I was watching in my front room back in the early 1960s she would have to now be in her 70s and there's no way that anybody that age would have the persona she does, - unless of course she(?) is my old nemesis Kola Boof.  Or does she really know me. She peeped her hand by incorrectly guessing that I live in Robbins, Illinois, which is a  poor, run-down, all-black southern suburb of Chicago.  And If she was as smart as she thinks she is. there are all kinds of ways to figure out what town I'm actually from by clues that I've given in other posts I've written on this site. (Think Doc Rivers and Fred Hampton.) 

But not to worry.  Rant on, Girlfriend. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 

I am glad to know that at least I tried 

You can only love & save people who are prepared to love & save themselves

Hotep Brethren, Peace, Health, Happiness & prosperity 

ROTFLOL watta ya think, Chris?  Ol sara is a certifiable nut case, huh? Among other things. Yea I'd  agree she's suffering from PTSD, obviously having a problem recovering from being kicked to the curb by a man who came to his senses.  And the way her responses are never on point makes me wonder if she also suffers from dyslexia because it's like she can't half read.  And wonder why she is so preoccupied with what Chicago suburb I live in, really convinced that it is Robbins, Illinois, which isn't even close.  And it's like she doesn't realize that the Civil Rights Movement got underway in 1953 with the arrest of Rosa Parks and the murder of Emmitt Till, or that Afro-centrism /Black  Nationalism dates back to the 1920s and Marcus Garvey. She also needs to look up the definition of the word "quest". This latecomer sounds like one of  those fools who thinks history began the day she was born.(Or hatched)  Whatever. Hope she sticks around.  She is a great diversion. I find it amusing that she thinks calling me "old" is a retort when it only serves to expose how desperate she is to distract from her ignorance. 

Did you take your head out of your ass before you started laughing - to keep from crying about being a wanna-be who's never been??   Unlike me who wanted to be around for my 82nd birthday in August. And I was.

Whoa what the heck happened here?  

One of the things that discouraged participation on these discussion forums was when they devolved into this type of exchange.  Previously, I pretty much let anything go. But I've learned that if I allowed complete freedom of speech, that tended to take the whole board down to the point there was no speech.

I decided I would more actively monitor these forums to prevent this sort of conversations that include calling someone else here a "Potty mouthed old biotch,"  But realistically I don't have the time or resources to do this.  I was away from the forum for two days and completely missed the devolution of this exchange.  Last time I was here Nelson and Chris were going at it but it seemed to converge into some more productive--which is great.

Now I do know that I have to remove and ban actual "rolls."  A troll is someone whose goal is to simply create conflict for the sake a creating conflict, they are devils who get their kicks crapping on discussion forums, like this one.  Our pal Unkle Ruckus was one such troll.  He started out merely as controversial, but ultimately revealed himself for the troll that he was and I had to ban him and remove all of his posts.

My question to all of you on this conversation. Do I need to take action here?  Are we cool? 

Happy New Year!

Troy, I actually just blocked Sara, because as I said it became really apparent something wasn't right. So I stopped responding and moved on. I think Nelson also saw that making sense of the tone was going to be difficult. I'm not thin skinned at all, but when it seems that there is a different agenda, I move on. Now, I did create a different thread and I kept posting, but I honestly believe that if new people saw where this moved to, they would not post here and honestly they might not come back. It is definitely a destructive writing style that hurts the board more than helps. No one likes to censor, but if it was my page when the dialogue became twisted I would have deleted the person and block the IP address, but that's me. While I tend to have a sharp tone and edge to my words, once someone says, "hey Chris, you need to apologize," I do and then I speak to the person in a way that is not as sharp witted. Anyway, those are my thoughts and you can go back to when I exited the dialogue. I mean I went overboard and listed achievements which I never do on a public forum, but that was to get Nelson to verify and give proof of a philosophy working. He eventually explained that he was working on a digital platform and we started to gain a better understanding. But the other stuff... nah bruh.

??? Let the psycho hang around.  Thin-skinness is not something a potty-mouthed old biotch like me is afflicted with.  My on-going feud with Kola Boof toughened me up, and I'm debating as to whether this schizoid bitch is an incarnation of her.  She doesn't bother me but if you think she'll scare others away, do whatever you feel is best Troy.  B)

@Sara not I did not read the entire conversation, but I skimmed it and did see where Chris said something about you and PTSD and I saw your exchange with Cynique, but did not attempt to determine what prompted all of this.  Often these things started from other conversations and trying to sort this out is very tedious and time consuming.

Honestly, I'm a little shell shocked by trolls nowadays.  I tend to use a heavy handed approach and favor long time participants and am more suspicious of newer folks.

I much rather folks sort these things out themselves.  

Judging from everyone's responses it looks I'm going to let the entire conversation stand as is.

@Cynique, in hindsight Kola turned out to be very destructive to the boards.  Her posts got the entire Thumper's Corner domain banned from being able to post google ads (the primary reason I moved the discussion forum to AALBC.com).  She also was largely responsible for running Thumper away from Thumper's Corner, even giving Kola her own forum was not enough to corral her "energy."

I'll not saying Kola was a troll in the pure sense, but she had troll like tendencies that ended up having the same impact on the forums.  I let her continue because the most active participants actually wanted her here, while many lurkers found her obscene and divisive.  But as far as forums go while lurkers are important posters are more important and Kola despite her ultimately adverse impact on the forums as the most prolific poster we ever had.

Damage done, Kola no longer posts and I don't even know if Thumper is alive (seriously).

Cynique you have been active on these forums since the first generation (pre-January 2004). So if I have anything to do with it, Cynique's Corner will outlive both of us.

@Sara email me troy@aalbc.com your ISBN13's so that I can make sure you are on the website: http://aalbc.org/authors/authors.php

Ooooh puleeze.  Break out the violins. Your victimization is ridiculous. Sara. Painting yourself as the above reproach, innocent person, and me as the villain because I had the audacity to be underwhelmed by your pontificating.  It's amazing how oblivious you are as to how guilty you are of what you accused me of.  You can dish it out but can't take it.  Get a grip.  After all. I voted to let you stay. 

Dream on.You overestimate your impact. I'm brushing the crumbs that are you off my shoulders.  

Are you enjoying this,Troy?  I am.  Seems like old times.  I'm really amused at how Sara keeps sucking up to you. Still amazed at how much of an impression she thinks she is making. She pales in comparison to those who have come before her. ;) 

I'd prefer a more civil discourse, but a heated exchange every now then is fine as people are human and this is natural.

And of course I know you've taken much "better/worse" (whatever adjective make more sense), in the past.  I was not a fan of that back then either, though it did give you ample opportunity to sharpen your claws.  Or did you come here with sharpened claws already ;)

As an aside, why do you think a verbal assault had less impact on you than say Thumper.  He (and others) took some of the verbal abuse very personal and found it impossible to ignore.  By the way our racist spammer Unkel Ruckus asked about you as he defaced a few pages on my development website a few days ago.

We are battle hardened.

LOL.  Well, Troy, I  tell people all the time who want to excuse my maliciousness, insisting that I am really a sweet person.  Not so.  My children say I'm passive aggressive. I am and always have considered myself a skeptic polemicist. I  like to argue especially with other know-it-alls and I am aware that when challenging other people's arguments I often include personal insults in my repertoire because I am very good at being catty.  I have further observed that indifference trumps indignation, having learned how counter-productive the ego can be.  

I am, however, nice to people I like.  And my favorites are laid back folks who don't take themselves too seriously because these are invariably the type who have the most going for themselves and are secure enough to let you find this out for yourself.  A good sense of humor, particularly one that encompasses wry wit usually wins me over. Some people I just like because I get good vibes from them. Like you and Chris who I can disagree with but still appreciate because you're both cool and smart  

Not the case with the frothing, uptight, Sister Sara.  Her mercurial personality was off-putting from the start and her supreme self-confidence unwarranted. (I'd be interested in the name of her published book which was undoubtedly a best-seller. Not.)  Plus, her cherry-picking responses were ploys to void valid points by omitting them while trying to reinforce her own questionable opinions.  Most revealing was the need to reassure herself that saying something  made it so, as demonstrated by her frenetic eagerness to tell me that she had "cleaned by clock" when - I don't even own a clock; or a watch either. I tell time by lookin at a sundial. B)

I knew I had Sorry Sara when she played the age card.  That's always the last resort of people who have run out of retorts and panicked. I actually found her kind of pathetic because she was so transparent in her aggressive attempts to hide the inner fragility that kept her on the defense. :P

Good thing she has taken her leave from this board because reading this might ignite THE WRATH OF SARA!! :o  

• Like 2

LMAO. As if anybody cares whether or not this prig used curse words.  Her delusions are profane enough. 

Sara, I was responding to Cynique's question, I was not talking about you.

Besides, you and Cynique were not first, and will not be the only two, to get into, that type of conversation.  I've been running forums for almost 20 years, people argue, get angry, and hurl insults, it is actually normal.  Expecting to never happen is unrealistic.

I just don't want the board dominated by that type of discourse.

SMH. Gee, Troy, anybody with any sense could see that your post wasn't directed to the devious Sara who's still trying to cut and paste in order cast herself as a pillar of virtue.  It's becoming very obvious that what this Jesus groupie needs is to find herself an earthly savior to bang her.  Her essence is fraught with the rigidness of a frustrated reject who needs a good lay.  :wacko:

Sorry, Troy, I can't help it. Sara is such an ideal target for ridicule.  And, as you once observed about the cat fights that used to take place here, they are good theater.  

Since she can't seem to stay away, I don't know why this civil civet doesn't start her own thread so she can  showcase her dull propriety. 

I never insulted anyone. I'm still waiting on the place where I dissed BLACK preachers. I actually begged Sara to show me this and she never showed it to me. I actually went back and reread everything I wrote and after doing so I realized that I made pretty good discussion points and I said about 6 different times that all religions are important because they give people morality and if religion keeps people from doing things then so be it. I can't find anywhere that I attacked Sara or her religion. When I said Preachers pimping their congregations, that was exactly what I meant. When these guys like Creflo and Joel Osteen have multi-million dollar businesses, or even in my local city where there are 5 churches on every block, and homelessness and a high crime rate and the highest infant mortality rate and teenage pregnancy, all in one of the biggest Bible belts in the country, then there is a problem with those preachers. This has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. I mean I went out of my way to give personal info about my wife and other things to establish that I hold no ill will towards any religion. I assume because I said I meditate Sara decided to say that I am fond of Asian philosophy. What's wrong with that? I also established that I was very fond of the Nation of Gods & Earths founded by Clarence 13X. It didn't matter what I wrote in regard to this, the sister came back and over and over said I said something I never said. When she began cursing out Cynique, all of a sudden the biting wit of a Christian was replaced with the vitrol of something completely different. So when I said Sara has PTSD it was due to the completely different 180 that the tone of her writing took in regard to speaking to an older woman. Now age doesn't create automatic respect, and I have no idea how old Sara is or who she really is, but that whole exchange as "playful" as it appeared, seemed to have some evidence of familiarity. It simply was too easy for a person so new to the boards to shift into. 

As it stands, the only reason I'm commenting now is because I felt the need to explain myself. Nowhere within this 4 pages did I disrespect anyone. I challenged Nelson. I wasn't disrespectful to him. I simply wanted evidence of the power of his philosophy. Why Sara saw that as an attack. I have no idea. How it turned into a discussion on Christianity, I have no idea.

Below I have listed every instance when I said all religions and philosophies are valid. I am doing this so Sara can find where I said something against Christianity:

1. I admire when someone understands and knows their philosophy. I think it's respectable. What isn't respectable is thinking that your way is the right way. There is no one method, there are only options and people have the right to study whatever they choose and to pursue whatever path they want to become enlightened.

2.  A person can be ignorant of Set, Jesus, Mohammed, whoever but if they understand compassion for humans they are okay in my book. 

3. In NG&E there is a philosophy of each one, teach one. You build by challenging or asking someone to drop science. In Christianity the disciples questioned Jesus, this gave them the ability to spread his word without faltering. In Islam Muhammad even questioned God's revelation and had to be supported by Kadhijah. In Buddhism Siddhartha questioned everything and this is what led to the 4 Noble Truths and Nirvana. Sikhs broke from Hindus.  My reason for bringing this up, because I know you are going to say that all of these religions were born of Kemet and are flawed in some way, is because in any delivery of information from the informed to the uninformed examples and explanations must be given as to why a person should choose. Once those reasons and explanations are given, then a person has free will to choose whatever philosophy they want.

4.  Every religion has value and all people and persons are important regardless of their beliefs or background.

5.  While I taught there I lost kids from every culture to violence. I realized then that there wasn't any one right idea. We had Black kids who went through Sankofa training and Kemetic philosophy (beat and abused by their own). All of these kids cried the same, failed the same, loved the same, hurt the same, succeeded the same. The only difference was some were Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Catholic, African Philosophy, all of them were beautiful and intelligent... (page 2 of this chat)

6. On page 3 Sara joins after Nelson and I have been writing. I make a statement about preachers who pimp their congregation being the same as the Klan and they are. I remember when preachers had jobs just like everyone else in the congregation. They did not rely on the church to provide their living. My Baptist preacher when I was a kid worked just as hard as everyone else and the church was good. That began to change with prosperity preaching... but I digress. In the middle of page three it was Sara who began to attack me and the dialogue became ugly. She was disgusted with me for making an analogy, but had overlooked the multitude of times I made the statements I made above. She completely ignored and built her entire discussion around a lie. I never said anything about Black preachers or anything negative about Christianity. Even after page three I made these statements below.

7. I went as far as to explain the breakdown of my basketball team where I had almost every religion there and my team captain,who is now a preacher following in his father's footsteps who married my wife and I because she is Christian, was the team captain. You are on one sis. I mean you are really on one. I go on below to say that all religions have merit, but I said that so many times on these three pages it's redundant.

8. I choose parts of all doctrines I have studied and I incorporate those things into my life. I can call a person God because I admire the studies of the Nation of Gods and Earths founded by Clarence 13X. I admire the Supreme Mathematics and Alphabet. I can say Namaste because I admire the stillness that Buddhism teaches. I can say God Bless you because the Ten Commandments and Jesus is worthy of being studied and understood. I can say Inshallah (God Willing) because Muhammad provides people with a path to God and this makes many people better. Because I can respect all of these ideals and philosophies I am content with the fact that I live my life through logic and meditation and spirituality. If you claim a religion and it makes you a better person and you need it to make you a better person this doesn't make you less or greater than me and vice versa. It just is the way it is.

9. On page 4 I left my last words and exited the discussion. Now, Sara has continuously said after I left that I dissed Christianity. If my name is going to be mentioned, I need proof or I have no reason to dive into this again. I just wanted to make sure I clarified that whatever someone reads here, I did not and do not disrespect religions or philosophies. Never have and I never will. Religion and philosophy brings peace and calm to people who truly practice it. You guys can go back to your banter.

• Like 1

You are not only a good example but an eloquent spokesman for the community of free thinkers, Chris.  You are the anti-thesis of dogmatic religious hypocrites.

As for Sara, the erratic behavior of this loose cannon leads me suspect that she might be bi-polar :blink: and off her meds. In my case, I would compare her to a white racist.  "Ageism" is actually the name give to the practice of discriminating against senior citizens.  It's like when when bigoted whites can't get over on blacks, in frustration, they will just call  them niggers.  Similarly, when younger people can't get over on older ones they will desperately make negative references to their age.  I really thought Sara could've been more creative in her rants, constantly talking about dipping snuff. I guess this is something she is familiar with.  I didn't know people still did this.  LOL. I  was also curious as to why she would state with such certainty that I was from the town of Robbins, Illinois, a place I've never even been to. :huh: Just another example of how bizarre she is.:wacko:

Oh well. Maybe Sara will come back.  She likes Troy, and I think she secretly likes you, too, Chris.  ;)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.