Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Lipstick Alley​​​​​​​ One of the Best Black Discussion Forums on the Web!

I'd be interested in seeing "Lipstick Alley's comments posted on the "me, too", movement.  Black women seem to be less hysterical about this topic perhaps because they're experienced in standing up for themselves.There was a little local demonstration against harassment on TV yesterday here in Chicago, and i didn't see any black faces among the participants. 

i made the comment on a FaceBook thread about this subject, and i was unfriended by the black woman who started it because i posed a tongue-in-cheek, truth-seeking question wondering why since, dating back to the "bra-burning" 1960s, Feminists have been touting women as being equal to and on a par with men, how come this strident message didn't inspire women to prove this when it came to dealing with  sexual predators? Because i didn't want to appear being too sympathetic toward dirty ol men and perverts, i refrained from further observing that some mention should also be made about the rash of female teachers seducing their underage male students.  I guess the idea of women preying on boys for sex is a little hard to fathom. It's also interesting that so many of the men accused of sexual harassment are Jewish. Which kinda reinforces the idea that harassment is really about exerting power, and who has more power, particularly in the entertainment world, than Jews?

• Thanks 1

Cynique, you should already by now you can be honest with most people.  Lipstick Alley (LSA) reminded me of AALBC.com back its hey-day.  The owner of the site is a sister, whose avatar is a photo of Condi Rice.  Everyone on LSA is anonymous, from my limited view so far, even the moderator. I did not hide my identity however, cause I'm too busy making sure people know AALBC.com. 

My first post was met with skepticism, gratitude, flirtation, and even few thumbs down.  That was how i was welcomed and I enjoyed it.  One person welcomed me to:

elmo_in_hell.gif

They are off the chain over that LSA :) 

But our course most people would have taken the negative comments to seriously and left--assuming they would even post at all.

At the end of the the Black owned site has a thriving community which is almost impossible in our Facebook dominated world.

Whoa, you got banned?!

I can't image what you could have possibly written for that to happen, because they are off the chain over there :)   I'm pretty sure the sister using the Condi Rice avatar is in change.  Try messaging her.  That is about the limit of my knowledge.

Guest Former LSAer
On 11/15/2017 at 9:15 AM, Troy said:

Cynique, you should already by now you can be honest with most people.  Lipstick Alley (LSA) reminded me of AALBC.com back its hey-day.  The owner of the site is a sister, whose avatar is a photo of Condi Rice.  Everyone on LSA is anonymous, from my limited view so far, even the moderator. I did not hide my identity however, cause I'm too busy making sure people know AALBC.com. 

My first post was met with skepticism, gratitude, flirtation, and even few thumbs down.  That was how i was welcomed and I enjoyed it.  One person welcomed me to:

elmo_in_hell.gif

They are off the chain over that LSA :) 

But our course most people would have taken the negative comments to seriously and left--assuming they would even post at all.

At the end of the the Black owned site has a thriving community which is almost impossible in our Facebook dominated world.

Hi Troy,

As you can see by the username I chose, I used to post on LSA (an "old head"). I was even a mod at one time. I was doing some research and came across this thread, and I had to stop in to let you know that Lipstick Alley is NOT Black owned and hasn't been for some time. This is the reason why I decided to leave the forum. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I left.

The "new" owner of the site actually owned the site when it was the offshoot of eddiegeorge(dot)com and "Condi" bought the site from him. The site is now back in his (white) hands. There's a MUCH different tone on the board since he bought it back.

LSA is quite the cesspool, now.

Peace

Hey Former LSAer.  I can't speak to what the site is like relative to a few years ago.  I only just discovered it last year. 

Eddie George is clearly Black so I'm confused by your statement.

Guest Former LSAer
11 hours ago, Troy said:

Hey Former LSAer.  I can't speak to what the site is like relative to a few years ago.  I only just discovered it last year. 

Eddie George is clearly Black so I'm confused by your statement.

Hey Troy,

Eddie George himself was not the owner or eddiegeorge(dot)com. The owner of eg.com was a white guy, he got tired of the groupies, wives & "baby mamas" who posted on the forum causing trouble and EG didn't want his name associated with the mess, so the owner of eg.com created LSA as a space specifically for the "mess". Eventually eg.com fell off. Around '06-ish "Condi" bought LSA from him and over the years kinda encouraged less of the sports/"mess"-centric (a lot of NBA/NFL players used to post as well) vibe and began adding a lot of subforums...kinda like Reddit. However, the bigger the forum got, the more trolls began to overtake the board. Once "Condi" added the Light skin/Dark skin and Interracial Dating forums things took a turn for the worse and the site has been overrun with white supremacist trolls from St0rmfr0nt and other sites like it. The worst of it beginning around 2013 after Obama's second election win. There were entire threads on those other sites actually planning troll attacks. LSA has the reputation of being easy to troll. I guess around that time is when "Condi" sold the board back to the original owner (the white guy), although there had been speculation of the sale of the board into non-Black hands back in 2010 but that's not true. 

Basically, I was just letting you know that LSA isn't Black-owned anymore. I hope that clears up some things for you.

P.S. I know who the present/original owner is, just covering my butt by not stating his name so as not to give myself away.

I used to post on LSA but I kind of eased off and it's been a while since I've been back there.

Perhaps I'm being a little too judgmental but to me Lipstick Alley was too heavily moderated and a bit "anti-male".

Most of the posters and moderators are female which isn't a problem EXCEPT for my noticing that most females seem to like HEAVILY moderated sites where they can "flag" posts they don't like and call them offensive.

Instead of ignoring a post that they don't like, many will go running to the moderator to "tattle tale" and get it erased.

As far as it being anti-male, I just noticed that giving a man's point of view on certain things was often seen as offensive and you definitately couldn't criticize homosexuality and gay men.

Some of the posters were calling eachother "trolls" and "agents" over the slightest disagreements.

When I look at sites like that.....
It's sad that after all the discrimination and injustice Black people face from so many other groups that too often they'll turn around and be unjust and intolerate of eachother's opinions ot the point that they'll try to get eachother in trouble.

This is deep.  I only really read the book forums.  what struck was how active that one portion of the website was.  As far as I could tell the book forum was just a small part of a massive website, which is why I wrote that it was one of the best Black forums on the web.  

The former LSAer comments about Lipstick alley reminds me of what I saw on world star hiphop which was a bazillion comments from trolls.  

I guess I need to revisit the ownership issue of Lipstick Alley.  Shoot maybe some of those book forum participants would consider posting on a Black owned site...

Interestingly  I was on the site yesterday.  i wanted to share information about the top 10 lists I'm creating.   I then realized I could not start a conversation and could not figure out why so I gave up.

@Pioneer1, are there any other Black owned forums that you visit and like today?

Yes.

I've been to dozens, but I only "frequently" post on maybe 3 or 4.....including yours.

But I can't give you any names because I don't want to risk "cross contamination"......lol.

If I logged on to one of them one day and found CYNIQUE all up on there cheesing and opinionating......there's no telling what I'd do, lol.

To be honest, I'd much rather deal with people in real life than on the internet, especially after knowing them a while. This is one of the reasons I don't care too much for facebook or twitter.
The computer doesn't carry the same type of "spirit" or energy as actually hearing a person's voice or seeing their expression in person.

What man stop playing give me some names of  Black forums: troy@aalbc.com. 

Well the net is the next best thing when, for whatever reason, dealing with folks in the physical world is impossible.  I refuse to do Facebook but forum like this are fine with me.

I pretty much live in the country now.  There is no one in my tribe within 20 miles of me (that I know of).  Tomorrow I'm going to St. Pete for the Launch party two week literary festival they are holding there (about 30 miles from me).  I have very little hope I'll meet someone that I'll vibe with.  But one never knows...

My kids are coming down to visit me this weekend so that will be cool.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this