Is. America. The. Beast,Revelations-13

10 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

I'm trying my hardest to see things from your perspective, but I can't my head that far up my butt!!

I'm trying my hardest to see things from your perspective, but I can't my head that far up my butt!!

Lol....tell your friend to take his penis out and you'll have more room in there!

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Chevdove

lol! Man are you upset!

Lol....why do you think we call him "Krazy Alexander" !!!!

Trust me, it's not going to get any better with him than it is now.....lol.

When the Pharisees drilled Jesus and asked him who

would be the wife of Abraham, Jesus responded and revealed this very aspect of the pre-Adamah world, in that 'angels' were INTERSEXED BEINGS.

What do you think of the belief that the "pre-adamic" world was actually the world before Caucasians existed?

There are theories that the Pre-Adamites were actually people of color.

Yes. I do believe that the 'pre-adamic' world was actually people of color.

I've had the chance to visit the Smithsonion Hominid museum and it is quite enlightening.

But if I had not done my own research, I would have been upset and offended. But I think 

it is true. Most of the hominids in the museum were either black or very dark skinned except for 

the Neanderthal. And the dark hominids are dated to have existed long before the Neanderthal. 

By the time the Neanderthal existed at some point all of the dark hominids were gone.

3 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

the science of INTERSEX beings is no theory. Your own reference from the Oxford dictionary was excellent. 

Yes, that involves science, real science.  Trying to 'scientifically' associate that with the Bible is a theory, however

6 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Now onto the example of Exodus 14:28-29, that kind of history is my passion! Even though this government supported lies about this event, actually, it is marked down to the very day it occurred!!! The very 'military leader' is well recorded even now, in that he was MIA. He was supposed to be married to Nefertiti's sister. 

As a passion, interest, that's admirable but the connection(s) you're attempting is carrying your passion too far, I think, is nothing more than my opinion.  You, however, have taken your opinionated passion to extremes.

9 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

in regards to SATAN'S SEED all of the major colleges and educational curriculum speaks of this birth. in GENESIS 3:15. Only the Black Church that I grew up in completely ignores this issue. And, I know that you know who I'm talking about. Come on!  

To speak of something does not make it science.  Even if Einstien said it; if it cannot be proven it simply isn't science which bears, seriously, on the issue(s) as being factual!

1 minute ago, Kalexander2 said:

Yes, that involves science, real science.  Trying to 'scientifically' associate that with the Bible is a theory, however

As a passion, interest, that's admirable but the connection(s) you're attempting is carrying your passion too far, I think, is nothing more than my opinion.  You, however, have taken your opinionated passion to extremes.

To speak of something does not make it science.  Even if Einstien said it; if it cannot be proven it simply isn't science which bears, seriously, on the issue(s) as being factual!

The Bible reference I gave absolutely defined INTERSEX. Jesus said that angels were intersexed! That is not a theory, that is called A REFERENCE! LOL.

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. GENESIS 3:15.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR60o8G5ycXeAsfYWEWqhi

Most Bible scholars interpret this scripture to mean that JESUS, as the woman's seed [ie Eve's seed] will be persecuted. But

the HEAD [ie. Satan's government] of Satan's seed will be bruised or, his government ended. 

23 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

The Bible reference I gave absolutely defined INTERSEX. Jesus said that angels were intersexed! That is not a theory, that is called A REFERENCE! LOL.

Just as the book of kings defines corruption, but there's no SCIENTIFIC correlation with any critical meaning. 

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. GENESIS 3:15.

Supported by a woman's boot-shaped on a map proves, absolutely, nothing.  How about a scientific formula, or graph depicting plot points or coherent 'scientific' figures!

Most Bible scholars interpret this scripture to mean that JESUS, as the woman's seed [ie Eve's seed] will be persecuted. But

the HEAD [ie. Satan's government] of Satan's seed will be bruised or, his government ended.

Interpreted as compared to what, exactly?  OH MY GOD, are you inferring that religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed (theology) is a science?  Next, you'll be telling us that schools and universities of divinity only are sound education.  Please, don't do that.

32 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Just as the book of kings defines corruption, but there's no SCIENTIFIC correlation with any critical meaning. 

Supported by a woman's boot-shaped on a map proves, absolutely, nothing.  How about a scientific formula, or graph depicting plot points or coherent 'scientific' figures!

Interpreted as compared to what, exactly?  OH MY GOD, are you inferring that religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed (theology) is a science?  Next, you'll be telling us that schools and universities of divinity only are sound education.  Please, don't do that.

It's a reference. The reference you gave from the OXFORD DICTIONARY is another reference about the subject of INTERSEXED BEINGS.

The Biblical references I gave are supporting the science of INTERSEX BEINGS.

The fact that there are people living today that are medically determined to be INTERSEXED is not a theory. It is a proven fact. 

You can google yourself for these types of references. There are a lot of INTERSEXED athletes that had conflicts competing in the Olympics due to this reality.

There are many ancient references to this reality and I just chose to use the Bible as my reference source.

SATAN'S SEED, in order for him to have HIS SEED, THERE HAD TO BE REPRODUCTION. And today's presence of his seed is a reality,

in the form of INTERSEXED people and so many other manifestations. 

I reference a MAP of ITALY to correlate to the ROMAN EMPIRE and yes, SOUTHERN ITALY for historical correlation. 

16 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Are you saying that your reference is science or, not science?

Do you understand the purpose a reference source serves?

It supports research or a statement. 

It's a reference

Then we both agree it isn't science.

5 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

The Biblical references I gave are supporting the science of INTERSEX BEINGS.

The fact that there are people living today that are medically determined to be INTERSEXED is not a theory. It is a proven fact. 

We appear to be getting somewhere, but not quite, so what, to what end is your (still undefined theory) advanced?

8 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

I just chose to use the Bible as my reference source.

Why the Bible?

10 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

SATAN'S SEED, in order for him to have HIS SEED, THERE HAD TO BE REPRODUCTION. And today's presence of his seed is a reality,

in the form of INTERSEXED people and so many other manifestations. 

I reference a MAP of ITALY to correlate to the ROMAN EMPIRE and yes, SOUTHERN ITALY for historical correlation. 

Okay, good if you say so, what does that prove, exactly?  That the Bible is scientifically proven by science or the other way around. 

In other words, what's your proposition, or thesis?

7 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Then we both agree it isn't science.

We appear to be getting somewhere, but not quite, so what, to what end is your (still undefined theory) advanced?

Why the Bible?

Okay, good if you say so, what does that prove, exactly?  That the Bible is scientifically proven by science or the other way around. 

In other words, what's your proposition, or thesis?

That the Neanderthal that had sex with Eve was White.

or more scientifically put ALBINO.

31 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

That's a mere statement, not a proposition nor a thesis statement. All research, scientific or otherwise must have bases; or the reason(s) for the research.

For example:

Thesis Statement: The Bible and science often reference information within of each, neither is purely part of the other.

Proof (or premise): Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.  Whereas the Bible the Christian scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments are only "stories"; or the Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings.

Further development will involve details of my proof that "The Bible and science often reference within of each, neither is purely part of the other."  which is why your replies are so confusing.  While there's no need to complete and formal, it's only courtesy to provide a base for your assertions.

Oh, and I was wrong to assume the original post was yours.  You're just another commentator, as I.

5 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

That's a mere statement, not a proposition nor a thesis statement. All research, scientific or otherwise must have bases; or the reason(s) for the research.

For example:

Thesis: The Bible and science often reference information within of each, neither is purely part of the other.

Proof (or premise): Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.  Whereas the Bible the Christian scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments "stories"; or the Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings.

Further development will involve details of my proof that "The Bible and science often reference within of each, neither is purely part of the other."  which is why your replies are so confusing.  While there's no need to complete and formal, it's only courtesy to provide a base for your assertions.

Oh, and I was wrong to assume the original post was yours.  You're just another commentator, as I.

The GENOME PROJECT supports my findings and it also supports the Bible account of THE ORIGINAL SIN.  

Also, Science is observational as well. Look around you, what do you see; a world filled with racism and Colorism. This beginning

of this phenomena revolves around SATANISM. SATANISM and  WHITE SUPREMACY is one and the same. We are all, whether we are White, or 

African, affected by this REPRODUCTION that occurred of which the Biblical account of it I referenced in GENESIS 3:15. 

15 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

GENOME PROJECT

The Human Genome Project is a global, long-term research effort to identify the estimated 30,000 genes in human DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and to figure out the sequences of the chemical bases that make up human DNA.

supports my findings and it also supports the Bible account of THE ORIGINAL SIN. 

How, what are your findings?

Also, Science is observational as well. Look around you, what do you see; a world filled with racism and Colorism. This beginning

of this phenomena revolves around SATANISM. SATANISM and  WHITE SUPREMACY is one and the same. We are all, whether we are White, or 

African, affected by this REPRODUCTION that occurred of which the Biblical account of it I referenced in GENESIS 3:15.

These are a psychological phenomenon that can be explained through science, most of it anyway, not biblical in nature.  

Let's get this straight, you're saying that:

According to the Genome Project, the Bible proves that's original sin, satanism, white supremacy which affects all people is a scientific fact?  Is that the thesis statement you're offering?

4 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

The Human Genome Project is a global, long-term research effort to identify the estimated 30,000 genes in human DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and to figure out the sequences of the chemical bases that make up human DNA.

How, what are your findings?

These are a psychological phenomenon that can be explained through science, most of it anyway, not biblical in nature.  

Yes. The Bible supports the science of today.

The GENOME PROJECT has successfully mapped a portion of NEANDERTHAL DNA. 

The major confirmation is sort of ironic; when I was young, I heard most of the Church goers, Blacks, say

that CAIN WAS CURSED and turned BLACK, but the science of today proves that could not be possible; based 

on the GENOME PROJECT and so many other facts; the presence of the NEANDERTHALS and that they could not

produce a VIABLE MALEFACTOR amazingly confirms the bible account of GENESIS 3:15. 

Prior to the modern mankind, there was no VIABLE MALE REPRODUCTION going on!!!-- Not until the African man

was on the earth in recent human history!!! 

Now we've gotten somewhere, but I don't know where we are.  

Yes. The Bible supports the science of today.

The GENOME PROJECT has successfully mapped a portion of NEANDERTHAL DNA. 

The major confirmation is sort of ironic; when I was young, I heard most of the Church goers, Blacks, say

that CAIN WAS CURSED and turned BLACK, but the science of today proves that could not be possible; based 

on the GENOME PROJECT and so many other facts; the presence of the NEANDERTHALS and that they could not

produce a VIABLE MALEFACTOR amazingly confirms the bible account of GENESIS 3:15. 

Prior to the modern mankind, there was no VIABLE MALE REPRODUCTION going on!!!-- Not until the African man

was on the earth in recent human history!!! 

Prove it, you've already described where in the Bible, but describe now; where, in the Genome Project report support your thesis statement?  Quote it!

Now we've gotten somewhere, but I don't know where we are.  

Prove it, you've already described where in the Bible, but describe now; where, in the Genome Project report support your thesis statement?  Quote it!

All you need to do is google it. This GENOME PROJECT was released to the public I believe in 2012, so it's common knowledge now. 

There are so many links and I do plan to present references from secular sources, only now, I choose to concentrate on the Bible.

as you did post the OXFORD DICTIONARY definition of INTERSEXED all of what I am saying here is so easy to check yourself.

But I would love to add on to this subject right now and also add another finding today that supports the Bible on THE 

ORIGINAL SIN in reference to CAIN. Recently scientiest also found archeological specimens around the BLACK SEA area and,

DNA analysis proves them to have the DNA of an African-typed man, and with BLUE EYES. Scientist know now through

these findings that BLUE EYES stem from BLACK PRESENCE because pre-Adamah beings did not have blue eyes!!!

And they further know that Blue eyes are the result of a mutation.

43 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

All you need to do is google it. This GENOME PROJECT was released to the public I believe in 2012, so it's common knowledge now. 

Okay, you want me to prove your theory even though I disagree, OKAY.

Below is excepts for the project report, I've even highlighted some possible connections to the Bible but I fail to see how they support your thesis statement.  What did I miss?

The Genome Project-Write
  1. Jef D. Boeke*
  2. George Church*
  3. Andrew Hessel*
  4. Nancy J. Kelley*
  5. Adam Arkin, 
  6. Yizhi Cai, 
  7. Rob Carlson, 
  8. Aravinda Chakravarti, 
  9. Virginia W. Cornish, 
  10. Liam Holt, 
  11. Farren J. Isaacs, 
  12. Todd Kuiken, 
  13. Marc Lajoie, 
  14. Tracy Lessor, 
  15. Jeantine Lunshof, 
  16. Matthew T. Maurano, 
  17. Leslie A. Mitchell, 
  18. Jasper Rine, 
  19. Susan Rosser, 
  20. Neville E. Sanjana, 
  21. Pamela A. Silver, 
  22. David Valle, 
  23. Harris Wang, 
  24. Jeffrey C. Way, 
  25. Luhan Yang

See all authors and affiliations

Science  08 Jul 2016:
Vol. 353, Issue 6295, pp. 126-127
DOI: 10.1126/science.aaf6850

The Human Genome Project (“HGP-read”), nominally completed in 2004, aimed to sequence the human genome and to improve the technology, cost, and quality of DNA sequencing (12). It was biology's first genome-scale project and at the time was considered controversial by some. Now, it is recognized as one of the great feats of exploration, one that has revolutionized science and medicine.

Although sequencing, analyzing, and editing DNA continue to advance at a breakneck pace, the capability for constructing DNA sequences in cells is mostly limited to a small number of short segments, which restricts the ability to manipulate and understand biological systems. Further understanding of genetic blueprints could come from construction of large, gigabase (Gb)-sized animal and plant genomes, including the human genome, which would, in turn, drive development of tools and methods to facilitate large-scale synthesis and editing of genomes. To this end, we propose the Human Genome Project-Write (HGP-write), named to honor HGP-read but embracing synthesis of all large genomes.

Responsible Innovation

Genome synthesis is a logical extension of the genetic engineering tools that have been used safely within the biotech industry for ∼40 years and have provided important societal benefits. However, recent technological advancements—e.g., standardized gene parts, whole-genome synthesis, and clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)-Cas9 genome editing technology (34)—are revolutionizing the field (5). Some applications are controversial; human germline editing in particular has raised intense moral debate (6). As human genome-scale synthesis appears increasingly feasible, a coordinated scientific effort to understand, discuss, and apply large-genome engineering technologies is timely. HGP-write will require public involvement and consideration of ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) from the start. Responsible innovation requires more than ELSI, though, and involves identifying common goals important to scientists and the wider public through timely and detailed consultation among diverse stakeholders.

We will enable broad public discourse on HGP-write; having such conversations well in advance of project implementation will guide emerging capabilities in science and contribute to societal decision-making. Through open and ongoing dialogue, common goals can be identified. Informed consent must take local and regional values into account and enable true decision-making on particularly sensitive use of cells and DNA from certain sources. Finally, the highest biosafety standards should guide project work and safety for lab workers and research participants, and ecosystems should pervade the design process. A priority will be cost reduction of both genome engineering and testing tools to aid in equitable distribution of benefits—e.g., enabling research on crop plants and infectious agents and vectors in developing nations.

To ensure responsible innovation and ongoing consideration of ELSI, a percentage of all research funds could be dedicated to these issues, enabling inclusive decision-making on the topics mentioned above (7). In addition, there should be equitable distribution of any early and future benefits in view of diverse and pressing needs in different global regions. The broad scope and novelty of the project call for consideration of appropriate regulation alongside development of the science and societal debates. National and international laws and regulations differ, and as in stem cell research, a major burden of responsibility for setting standards rests with the scientists and their community. Existing stem cell research guidelines (8) may serve as a useful template.

From Observation to Action

The primary goal of HGP-write is to reduce the costs of engineering and testing large genomes (0.1 billion to 100 billion base pairs) in cell lines to 1/1000th of previous efforts within 10 years. This will include whole-genome engineering of human cell lines and other organisms of agricultural and public health significance or those needed to interpret human biological functions—i.e., gene regulation, genetic diseases, and evolutionary processes.

This goal is necessarily ambitious, because building a human genome at today's prices would cost more than HGP-read (9) (see fig. S1). However, an expectation of HGP-write is that a sharp price drop will be catalyzed as new technology development occurs apace with advancement of the project, as with the cost of DNA sequencing in HGP-read. Small viral (10) and bacterial (11) genomes synthesized from scratch and organisms with recoded genomes (12) derived from large-scale genome editing (13) have demonstrated the feasibility and utility of synthetic genomes. By focusing on building the 3 Gb of human DNA, HGP-write would push current conceptual and technical limits by orders of magnitude and deliver important scientific advances.

HGP-write will aim to address a number of human health challenges. Potential applications include growing transplantable human organs; engineering immunity to viruses in cell lines via genome-wide recoding (12); engineering cancer resistance into new therapeutic cell lines; and accelerating high-productivity, cost-efficient vaccine and pharmaceutical development by using human cells and organoids. The project could encourage broad intellectual property access via patent pooling. Extreme cost-reduction is feasible, as demonstrated by the $1000 genome grant program (2), as well as sharing of CRISPR tools from over 80 labs through www.addgene.org. Furthermore, because DNA synthesis, like sequencing and computation, is foundational technology, HGP-write could also facilitate biological engineering of many organisms, accelerating research and development (R&D) across a broad spectrum of life sciences and supporting basic R&D of new bio-based therapies, vaccines, materials, energy sources, disease vector control, and nutrition.

F1.medium.gif .

Pilot Projects

Similarly to other Gb-scale genomic projects, including HGP-read, ENCODE (which aims to map genome functional elements), and Sc2.0 (which is synthesizing a heavily edited yeast genome) (1415), HGP-write would be conducted in phases with explicit goals and metrics. Each of the earlier large-scale projects began with pilot projects focused on a fraction of the genome, typically ∼1%. For HGP-write, the pilots should provide resources of immediate value for advanced biomedical research and/or biotech development. Technology development will likely also occur early in the project to propel large-scale genome design and engineering.

A series of pilot projects making use of very long DNA sequences that are nonetheless short of a full genome are anticipated: (i) synthesizing “full” gene loci with accompanying noncoding DNA to help explain still-enigmatic roles of noncoding DNA variants in regulating gene expression and leading to more comprehensive models for the role of noncoding genetic variation in common human diseases and traits; (ii) constructing specific chromosomes—e.g., chromosome 21—or complex cancer genotypes to more comprehensively model human disease; (iii) producing specialized chromosomes encoding one or several pathways—e.g., all genes needed to make a prototrophic human cell or pathways to transform the pig genome to make it more amenable as a source for human organ transplantation; (iv) a potential transformation of gene therapy, with freedom to deliver many genes and control circuits to improve safety and efficacy, provided that delivery challenges can be met. Indeed, many substantial and useful innovations may be realized in such “stepping-stone” projects that are short of whole-genome reengineering but require substantial improvement in synthesis capacity of Mb- to Gb-sized DNA. Both genome-wide and more modest changes could be tested for their impact on, e.g., organoid development and function in vitro, facilitated by ongoing progress in stem cell differentiation and “organ-on-a-chip” technologies. Novel cell culture technologies may, in some cases, be many times more cost-effective and accurate than current whole-organism testing.

Additional pilot projects being considered include (v) using induced pluripotent stem cells (16) to construct an “ultrasafe” human cell line via comprehensive recoding of protein-coding regions and deletion of corresponding genome features to increase safety of such a cell line (see the box); and (vi) developing a homozygous reference genome bearing the most common pan-human allele (or allele ancestral to a given human population) at each position to develop cells powered by “baseline” human genomes. Comparison with this baseline will aid in dissecting complex phenotypes, such as disease susceptibility. The pervasive nature of the required changes makes whole- or partial-genome synthesis an efficient route to these goals.

Project Launch and Administration

The goal is to launch HGP-write in 2016 with $100 million in committed support, from public, private, philanthropic, industry, and academic sources from around the world. The costs of the project lie not only in obtaining de novo synthesized DNA but in the assembly, integration, and functional assays required to evaluate and understand the modified genomes. Total project costs are difficult to estimate but would likely be less than the $3 billion cost of HGP-read.

HGP-write could be implemented through one or more centers [similar to Centers of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) and the Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) initiative centers] that will coordinate and support formation and work of multi-institutional and interdisciplinary research teams working in a highly integrated fashion responsive to and engaged with a broad public outreach.

We celebrate 2016—the 25th anniversary of HGP-read—as a major step forward for human knowledge and health. In this spirit, we look forward to the launch of HGP-write.

4 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Okay, you want me to prove your theory even though I disagree, OKAY.

Below is excepts for the project report, I've even highlighted some possible connections to the Bible but I fail to see how they support your thesis statement.  What did I miss?

The Genome Project-Write
  1. Jef D. Boeke*
  2. George Church*
  3. Andrew Hessel*
  4. Nancy J. Kelley*
  5. Adam Arkin, 
  6. Yizhi Cai, 
  7. Rob Carlson, 
  8. Aravinda Chakravarti, 
  9. Virginia W. Cornish, 
  10. Liam Holt, 
  11. Farren J. Isaacs, 
  12. Todd Kuiken, 
  13. Marc Lajoie, 
  14. Tracy Lessor, 
  15. Jeantine Lunshof, 
  16. Matthew T. Maurano, 
  17. Leslie A. Mitchell, 
  18. Jasper Rine, 
  19. Susan Rosser, 
  20. Neville E. Sanjana, 
  21. Pamela A. Silver, 
  22. David Valle, 
  23. Harris Wang, 
  24. Jeffrey C. Way, 
  25. Luhan Yang

See all authors and affiliations

Science  08 Jul 2016:
Vol. 353, Issue 6295, pp. 126-127
DOI: 10.1126/science.aaf6850

The Human Genome Project (“HGP-read”), nominally completed in 2004, aimed to sequence the human genome and to improve the technology, cost, and quality of DNA sequencing (12). It was biology's first genome-scale project and at the time was considered controversial by some. Now, it is recognized as one of the great feats of exploration, one that has revolutionized science and medicine.

Although sequencing, analyzing, and editing DNA continue to advance at a breakneck pace, the capability for constructing DNA sequences in cells is mostly limited to a small number of short segments, which restricts the ability to manipulate and understand biological systems. Further understanding of genetic blueprints could come from construction of large, gigabase (Gb)-sized animal and plant genomes, including the human genome, which would, in turn, drive development of tools and methods to facilitate large-scale synthesis and editing of genomes. To this end, we propose the Human Genome Project-Write (HGP-write), named to honor HGP-read but embracing synthesis of all large genomes.

Responsible Innovation

Genome synthesis is a logical extension of the genetic engineering tools that have been used safely within the biotech industry for ∼40 years and have provided important societal benefits. However, recent technological advancements—e.g., standardized gene parts, whole-genome synthesis, and clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)-Cas9 genome editing technology (34)—are revolutionizing the field (5). Some applications are controversial; human germline editing in particular has raised intense moral debate (6). As human genome-scale synthesis appears increasingly feasible, a coordinated scientific effort to understand, discuss, and apply large-genome engineering technologies is timely. HGP-write will require public involvement and consideration of ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) from the start. Responsible innovation requires more than ELSI, though, and involves identifying common goals important to scientists and the wider public through timely and detailed consultation among diverse stakeholders.

We will enable broad public discourse on HGP-write; having such conversations well in advance of project implementation will guide emerging capabilities in science and contribute to societal decision-making. Through open and ongoing dialogue, common goals can be identified. Informed consent must take local and regional values into account and enable true decision-making on particularly sensitive use of cells and DNA from certain sources. Finally, the highest biosafety standards should guide project work and safety for lab workers and research participants, and ecosystems should pervade the design process. A priority will be cost reduction of both genome engineering and testing tools to aid in equitable distribution of benefits—e.g., enabling research on crop plants and infectious agents and vectors in developing nations.

To ensure responsible innovation and ongoing consideration of ELSI, a percentage of all research funds could be dedicated to these issues, enabling inclusive decision-making on the topics mentioned above (7). In addition, there should be equitable distribution of any early and future benefits in view of diverse and pressing needs in different global regions. The broad scope and novelty of the project call for consideration of appropriate regulation alongside development of the science and societal debates. National and international laws and regulations differ, and as in stem cell research, a major burden of responsibility for setting standards rests with the scientists and their community. Existing stem cell research guidelines (8) may serve as a useful template.

From Observation to Action

The primary goal of HGP-write is to reduce the costs of engineering and testing large genomes (0.1 billion to 100 billion base pairs) in cell lines to 1/1000th of previous efforts within 10 years. This will include whole-genome engineering of human cell lines and other organisms of agricultural and public health significance or those needed to interpret human biological functions—i.e., gene regulation, genetic diseases, and evolutionary processes.

This goal is necessarily ambitious, because building a human genome at today's prices would cost more than HGP-read (9) (see fig. S1). However, an expectation of HGP-write is that a sharp price drop will be catalyzed as new technology development occurs apace with advancement of the project, as with the cost of DNA sequencing in HGP-read. Small viral (10) and bacterial (11) genomes synthesized from scratch and organisms with recoded genomes (12) derived from large-scale genome editing (13) have demonstrated the feasibility and utility of synthetic genomes. By focusing on building the 3 Gb of human DNA, HGP-write would push current conceptual and technical limits by orders of magnitude and deliver important scientific advances.

HGP-write will aim to address a number of human health challenges. Potential applications include growing transplantable human organs; engineering immunity to viruses in cell lines via genome-wide recoding (12); engineering cancer resistance into new therapeutic cell lines; and accelerating high-productivity, cost-efficient vaccine and pharmaceutical development by using human cells and organoids. The project could encourage broad intellectual property access via patent pooling. Extreme cost-reduction is feasible, as demonstrated by the $1000 genome grant program (2), as well as sharing of CRISPR tools from over 80 labs through www.addgene.org. Furthermore, because DNA synthesis, like sequencing and computation, is foundational technology, HGP-write could also facilitate biological engineering of many organisms, accelerating research and development (R&D) across a broad spectrum of life sciences and supporting basic R&D of new bio-based therapies, vaccines, materials, energy sources, disease vector control, and nutrition.

F1.medium.gif .

Pilot Projects

Similarly to other Gb-scale genomic projects, including HGP-read, ENCODE (which aims to map genome functional elements), and Sc2.0 (which is synthesizing a heavily edited yeast genome) (1415), HGP-write would be conducted in phases with explicit goals and metrics. Each of the earlier large-scale projects began with pilot projects focused on a fraction of the genome, typically ∼1%. For HGP-write, the pilots should provide resources of immediate value for advanced biomedical research and/or biotech development. Technology development will likely also occur early in the project to propel large-scale genome design and engineering.

A series of pilot projects making use of very long DNA sequences that are nonetheless short of a full genome are anticipated: (i) synthesizing “full” gene loci with accompanying noncoding DNA to help explain still-enigmatic roles of noncoding DNA variants in regulating gene expression and leading to more comprehensive models for the role of noncoding genetic variation in common human diseases and traits; (ii) constructing specific chromosomes—e.g., chromosome 21—or complex cancer genotypes to more comprehensively model human disease; (iii) producing specialized chromosomes encoding one or several pathways—e.g., all genes needed to make a prototrophic human cell or pathways to transform the pig genome to make it more amenable as a source for human organ transplantation; (iv) a potential transformation of gene therapy, with freedom to deliver many genes and control circuits to improve safety and efficacy, provided that delivery challenges can be met. Indeed, many substantial and useful innovations may be realized in such “stepping-stone” projects that are short of whole-genome reengineering but require substantial improvement in synthesis capacity of Mb- to Gb-sized DNA. Both genome-wide and more modest changes could be tested for their impact on, e.g., organoid development and function in vitro, facilitated by ongoing progress in stem cell differentiation and “organ-on-a-chip” technologies. Novel cell culture technologies may, in some cases, be many times more cost-effective and accurate than current whole-organism testing.

Additional pilot projects being considered include (v) using induced pluripotent stem cells (16) to construct an “ultrasafe” human cell line via comprehensive recoding of protein-coding regions and deletion of corresponding genome features to increase safety of such a cell line (see the box); and (vi) developing a homozygous reference genome bearing the most common pan-human allele (or allele ancestral to a given human population) at each position to develop cells powered by “baseline” human genomes. Comparison with this baseline will aid in dissecting complex phenotypes, such as disease susceptibility. The pervasive nature of the required changes makes whole- or partial-genome synthesis an efficient route to these goals.

Project Launch and Administration

The goal is to launch HGP-write in 2016 with $100 million in committed support, from public, private, philanthropic, industry, and academic sources from around the world. The costs of the project lie not only in obtaining de novo synthesized DNA but in the assembly, integration, and functional assays required to evaluate and understand the modified genomes. Total project costs are difficult to estimate but would likely be less than the $3 billion cost of HGP-read.

HGP-write could be implemented through one or more centers [similar to Centers of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) and the Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) initiative centers] that will coordinate and support formation and work of multi-institutional and interdisciplinary research teams working in a highly integrated fashion responsive to and engaged with a broad public outreach.

We celebrate 2016—the 25th anniversary of HGP-read—as a major step forward for human knowledge and health. In this spirit, we look forward to the launch of HGP-write.

Excellent. No it's not my theory, the GENOME PROJECT is scientific fact. But again, I've added about the mutation of BLUE EYES.

I forgot to add that the date scientist provide is 6000 years ago; that is the exact dating of CAIN.

... another finding today that supports the Bible on THE 

ORIGINAL SIN in reference to CAIN. Recently scientiest also found archeological specimens around the BLACK SEA area and,

DNA analysis proves them to have the DNA of an African-typed man, and with BLUE EYES. Scientist know now through

these findings that BLUE EYES stem from BLACK PRESENCE because pre-Adamah beings did not have blue eyes!!!

1 hour ago, Chevdove said:

But I would love to add on to this subject right now and also add another finding today that supports the Bible on THE 

Science and theology do tend to be at odds, nothing anywhere can authenticate the validity of the Bible.  Science validates theories through observation and experimenting with real tangible stuff.  You can read the Bible, accept or reject it but you can't prove anything in it.  Likewise, science can't prove anything in the Bible and does not require the Bible to prove anything.  

29 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Excellent. No it's not my theory,

Right, your theory is "According to the Genome Project, the Bible proves that's original sin, satanism, white supremacy which affects all people is a scientific fact?  Is that the thesis statement you're offering?"

The Genome Project does not prove original sin nor anything in the Bible.

33 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

the mutation of BLUE EYES.

I forgot to add that the date scientist provide is 6000 years ago; that is the exact dating of CAIN.

The Bible did not predict 'blue eyes' nor does science prove God made Blue eyes.  "6000 years ago' what?  Blue eyes or what?

16 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Science and theology do tend to be at odds, nothing anywhere can authenticate the validity of the Bible.  Science validates theories through observation and experimenting with real tangible stuff.  You can read the Bible, accept or reject it but you can't prove anything in it.  Likewise, science can't prove anything in the Bible and does not require the Bible to prove anything.  

But that is not th point. It is REFERENCE MATERIAL. The ancient published written works compiled in the Bible and dated are references that confirm the subject at hand; NEANDERTHALS. This is the point.

The GENOME PROJECT and the Bible have the same conclusions. 

Right, your theory is "According to the Genome Project, the Bible proves that's original sin, satanism, white supremacy which affects all people is a scientific fact?  Is that the thesis statement you're offering?"

The Genome Project does not prove original sin nor anything in the Bible.

The Bible did not predict 'blue eyes' nor does science prove God made Blue eyes.  "6000 years ago' what?  Blue eyes or what?

it's not about prediction; it about referencing published written works. This is a scholarly process that has been established for thousand of years--REFERENCING.

The Bible defines MUTATION and today's scientist discovered archeological proof around the BLACK SEA AREA of Black AFrican specimens that have DNA of BLUE EYES.

This is a proven MUTATION. It's dated 6000 years ago and that is the exact time span the Bible details Cain.

But that is not th point. It is REFERENCE MATERIAL. The ancient published written works compiled in the Bible and dated are references that confirm the subject at hand; NEANDERTHALS. This is the point.

The GENOME PROJECT and the Bible have the same conclusions. 

@Chevdove:  What is the point, exactly?  A reference?  If so thanks for sharing.  Or, a theory that science proves something in the Bible if so, you've failed to show it, still.   No, they do not have the same conclusions.  There's the Gnome Project right above where is it concluded that 'original sin, blue eyes' is in the Bible?

22 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

It is REFERENCE MATERIAL

Okay, why would offer a reference, what's the reason, to show us scientific facts, stories from the Bible, or what? OR, are you trying to prove a point, namely, that "According to the Genome Project, the Bible proves that's original sin, satanism, white supremacy which affects all people is a scientific fact."  Even the Bible doesn't prove that!

14 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

@Chevdove:  What is the point, exactly?  A reference?  If so thanks for sharing.  Or, a theory that science proves something in the Bible if so, you've failed to show it, still.   No, they do not have the same conclusions.  There's the Gnome Project right above where is it concluded that 'original sin, blue eyes' is in the Bible?

Okay, why would offer a reference, what's the reason, to show us scientific facts, stories from the Bible, or what? OR, are you trying to prove a point, namely, that "According to the Genome Project, the Bible proves that's original sin, satanism, white supremacy which affects all people is a scientific fact."  Even the Bible doesn't prove that!

Just presenting scientific facts and this is crucial in any kind of research. People can draw any conclusion they choose but facts are based on evidence.

NEANDERTHALS and their presence today is a fact.Where they defined in published words compiled in the Bible; Yes, absolutely.

Do the dates quoted by scientist today match Bible accounts; Yes, absolutely.

So, my research, I choose to back up with both ancient records from the Bible, Egyptian records, and published scientifice works today.

Anyway, I do appreciate the interchange with you. thank you.

You're welcome.  Though your research hasn't backed up anything.  But now you, at least, have a thesis statement to guide your research.  Good luck!  

I hope that people will focus on the facts though, the reference that is presented and published, NOT BY ME, but by others. Anyway, again, I appreciate the interchange and the well wishes, I have so much more to present. 

It seems to me that what you're trying to do is illuminate social disparities in the world that religion ought to take a closer look at and prove it by showing how people use scripture, or miss the real messages. 

Actually, I'm not a religious person, but I like what you saying about social disparities. I am very frustrated with the Church because they only present part truths. If they use the Bible as thier text, they should use the whole Bible and this is not the case. So absolutely, people use only part of the Bible and are missing the real messages. You are so right.

Yes, I get what you saying; My information, for example on BLUE EYES today, is scientifically proven by scientiest and published to be a mutation, but my research in connection to the Biblical description of Cain that matches the date today of the archeological evidence as being around 6000 years ago and found around the BLACK SEA, would be a theory. I agree with you on that. That is my conclusion and interpretation of the data provided. So yes, people need to draw their on conclusions. 

I don't know where you are at right now--time zone-- but I am up at some ridiculous hours for the past weeks--my sleep is off. I can't sleep. I'm up researching. I need to go to sleep... but can't. 

@Chevdove: It's perfectly okay if you were religious, I learn the seriousness of right wrong by both the rod and the Bible.  As I alluded to before, your efforts are admirable and noble.  Your frustration seems to be getting the best of you though.  

We live in a world that has no pity for the downtrodden, nor mercy for the weak, especially if you're Black.   The oppression we experience is often done with lies and deliberate misguidance through biblical scriptures.   Unfortunately, you'll have to physically fight Black folk if you try to wake them up to that fact.   

Fact is, passages from the Bible may soon prove to be useless when you hit the heart of your research project.  Be prepared for hurt and disappointment.  In case you may not have noticed, I'm a pessimist with no faith in mankind, Black, nor especially white folk.  Yeah, like I said, if you have an idea about something on your mind, pursue it with vigor.  But be honest with yourself first; whether it's worth your while and/or capable of changing how you feel.  

9 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Ah, a thin skin tender-foot. You know what they say you should do when it's too hot in the kitchen.

Your assertion(s), Chevdove, is an IDIOTIC CONSPIRACY THEORY.  And that's a generous statement: 

“The study’s analysis concluded that people do not tend to believe in a conspiracy theory because of the specifics of a scheme but rather because they possess higher-order beliefs that support conspiracist thinking in general. A strong distrust of authority would be one such overarching ideological lens. In a belief system in which authorities are fundamentally [a]  untrustworthy alternative— even outlandish and contradictory—explanations for troubling events can seem plausible, as long as they are consistent with a skepticism toward the powers that be.”

Sound familiar?

You're taking your gift of human cognition to an UNHEALTHY EXTREME.  Now I know you feel attacked and insulted, "and I don't care," but KEEP IT UP; you'll soon find yourself under the psychological scrutiny of white folk who just want to shut your big mouth up forcing psychotic drugs down your throat.  That's lately become a political solution to extremist thinking.  But suite yourself!

C

15 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

@Chevdove: It's perfectly okay if you were religious, I learn the seriousness of right wrong by both the rod and the Bible.  As I alluded to before, your efforts are admirable and noble.  Your frustration seems to be getting the best of you though.  

We live in a world that has no pity for the downtrodden, nor mercy for the weak, especially if you're Black.   The oppression we experience is often done with lies and deliberate misguidance through biblical scriptures.   Unfortunately, you'll have to physically fight Black folk if you try to wake them up to that fact.   

Fact is, passages from the Bible may soon prove to be useless when you hit the heart of your research project.  Be prepared for hurt and disappointment.  In case you may not have noticed, I'm a pessimist with no faith in mankind, Black, nor especially white folk.  Yeah, like I said, if you have an idea about something on your mind, pursue it with vigor.  But be honest with yourself first; whether it's worth your while and/or capable of changing how you feel.  

okay and thank you for the advice.

Come on! Don't be afraid of White folk!

Don't focus on my conclusions!

Focus on the facts. Scientist have proven and published and their findings match the published works of the Bible in reference to subjects such as 

NEANDERTHALS and their DNA and,

CAIN and the mutation that occurred and is dated during his lifetime!

Still, where do they match?

@Kalexander2 

Just now, Chevdove said:

@Kalexander2 

Again, Thank you for your response.

LOL. I have to agree with much of what you just said!

So, I put on thick skin and get peace my own way! 

I understand how people can be pessimistic but I find so much peace in focusing on the positive too in all kinds of people. I've had some crazy good experiences with White people too, and I focus on that too when I do research and deal with racism. 

2 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

I understand how people can be pessimistic but I find so much peace in focusing on the positive too in all kinds of people. I've had some crazy good experiences with White people too, and I focus on that too when I do research and deal with racism. 

Good for you!  I can't help but see below the surface, of the deception, fickleness, and stupidity the people think they are concealing.  I associate with white folk only when necessary and infrequent as possible in person.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kalexander2 said:

Good for you!  I can't help but see below the surface, of the deception, fickleness, and stupidity the people think they are concealing.  I associate with white folk only when necessary and infrequent as possible in person.

LOL Don't do that! 

Just now, Kalexander2 said:

Can't help it, it's easy to get away, a privilege not afforded to most Blacks.  Besides, I find them no fun to be around.

LOL I hear you, but for me, it's okay. There were times when I needed help, ... and guess who came to my rescue!?

Anyway, peace out! I'm going to force myself to go to sleep... somehow. 

Let me interject here about the end times. A person does not have to read or study the Bible to see what's happening, although the Bible (from the Old Testament) has foretold what we can see as obvious today. For instance, God warned Israel (His chosen), that because they could not seem to stay focused on worshiping him throughout time, and chose to worship idols, he would cause them to go into captivity to another nation. That nation was Babylon, a cousin of Israel. And because Babylon mistreated His chosen during the captivity, he promised both - Babylon and His Chosen - that he would punish them all using a strange nation.

That nation was not yet developed nor were they desendents of the original people and tribes of the earth, who were mostly Black and brown.

22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.
23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion. (Jeremiah 6)

This nation from the north are all European and Slavic peoples, who are white by nature. They have been a curse to brown and Black people since the time of the captivity in Babylon by traveling, plundering and pillaging the earth and other countries. They are warmongers, cruel and merciless, and still are. They have never been a spiritual people and have little to no connection to any Divine Being. They will fulfill the prophesy of the end times because they have developed the capabilities to destroy this earth using nukes, chemical and biological weapons.

They rule the seas, and have perfected armies and the art of war.

It's just a matter of time.
  • Like 1

@TSegal:  Indeed, one need not read, know scriptures to realize something is coming, or imagine the destruction of humanity.  The Jews mentioned in scripture were not fair-skinned people, they were, as you mentioned, Black and Brown skinned.  The 'captivity' was, probably, in reality, a 'mass scattering' throughout the earth and most migrated to Africa.  Though they were Black like Africans, they were the original Israelites who natives of African had no problem turning them over for slavery, to Europeans.

The nation God chose to punish them for their transgressions were, well, every nation, especially America, and other countries.  However, and this is just my opinion, Jews lost the status of being God's chosen for, or before they refused to enter the promised land in the way God prescribed.  Also, I believe this idea of God having children, Jesus etc., rather than called creatures of God's creation was part of European's ploy to distract from the status of God's so-called 'chosen.'  

I say this because of pages in the 'original' (so they say) Torah in Hebrew University of Israel suggest throughout, lost status.  But my Hebrew speaking skills are still in infant stages, some of the Aramaic verbiages is quite simple, I think, at my level.

As with yourself, these are my interjections based the same data.  If one believe, that is, in such things.

1 hour ago, TSegal said:
They will fulfill the prophesy of the end times because they have developed the capabilities to destroy this earth using nukes, chemical and biological weapons.

“God gave Noah the rainbow sign,
No more water, the fire next time!”

Baldwin, James (2013-09-16T23:58:59). The Fire Next Time (Vintage International) (Kindle Locations 30-31). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

I love J. Baldwin, his thinking are signs of our time!!!

20 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Yeah, I hear you, when you're hungry, you gotta eat!  Me, I just sacrifice the damn meal, bless an empty table and go to bed satisfied. 

I love your analogy and I thinking...

Haven't made up my mind yet, but this kind of conflict makes me wonder about men vs woman when it comes to tough decision making. Let me bring it home a little better:

More than 20 years ago, my husband and I went through a terrible human conflict and, I am grateful for him being with me through it. But due to making this a long story short; I wonder many times what people would do if they were faced abruptly with the reality of their little children being abruptly seized and taken from them... like slavery...

I think men cope with this issue differently than 'a true natural mother'. I've seen many stories where some women don't seem to 'lose it' if their children are taken from them, some have abused their own children, and etc. But me, I lost it. I know what it's like to have your spirit broken. I went through hell. I was severely persecuted by my own family members because they wanted me to stay on the job, put my babies in day care... I fought for my college degree and career job... First AFrican American woman in the Shipyard as an Industrial Hygienist, etc. etc. etc. ... but when I couldn't find a decent babysitter, I kept my own babies... tough decision... Stay-at-home-Mom--- Penalty... YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT IF I TOLD YOU... FAST FORWARD... When your enemies are your own people... and other step forward to help you.... Well, ... This American system is based on Colorism and White Supremacy... but that doesn't mean that Black people are not White Supremacist...

What some mothers will do for their children... When you're hungry, you gotta eat! ...

... I was thrown to the wolves... 

13 hours ago, TSegal said:

Let me interject here about the end times. A person does not have to read or study the Bible to see what's happening, although the Bible (from the Old Testament) has foretold what we can see as obvious today. For instance, God warned Israel (His chosen), that because they could not seem to stay focused on worshiping him throughout time, and chose to worship idols, he would cause them to go into captivity to another nation. That nation was Babylon, a cousin of Israel. And because Babylon mistreated His chosen during the captivity, he promised both - Babylon and His Chosen - that he would punish them all using a strange nation.

That nation was not yet developed nor were they desendents of the original people and tribes of the earth, who were mostly Black and brown.

22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.
23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion. (Jeremiah 6)

This nation from the north are all European and Slavic peoples, who are white by nature. They have been a curse to brown and Black people since the time of the captivity in Babylon by traveling, plundering and pillaging the earth and other countries. They are warmongers, cruel and merciless, and still are. They have never been a spiritual people and have little to no connection to any Divine Being. They will fulfill the prophesy of the end times because they have developed the capabilities to destroy this earth using nukes, chemical and biological weapons.

@TSegal LOVE IT! AMEN.

I love your analogy and I thinking..

Thank you, Chevdove, excuse me if I take as a compliment!

this kind of conflict makes me wonder about men vs woman when it comes to tough decision making

Are you referring to something else or the discussion between me and you?  We men tend to be more impatient than women, we lash out whether something is apparent or not so obvious because we believe our way is better; especially if we see ourselves as more informed.  In other words, we're stupid!!!   Even when it is clear you were right.  Not to go against our 'man-code' but I should keep it real, right?

More than 20 years ago, my husband and I went through a terrible human conflict and, I am grateful for him being with me through it. But due to making this a long story short; I wonder many times what people would do if they were faced abruptly with the reality of their little children being abruptly seized and taken from them... like slavery...

For the life of me, it is unconscionable that a human being, any human being could ignore suffering, mercy on the little ones who need both parents.  Unfortunately, people have different reasons for doing what they do or allow to be done, even where their own children are concerned.  The fact that we consciously do things that harm children is a good part of what makes for 'pessimism' in me.  Only a man who is coward would allow another to seize his child and do nothing.  Little else justifies violence.  

Unless a response would jeopardize well-being other family members ... like with Black slaves.  Interfering with the slave-master could get everybody killed.  

I think men cope with this issue differently than 'a true natural mother'. I've seen many stories where some women don't seem to 'lose it' if their children are taken from them, some have abused their own children, and etc. But me, I lost it. I know what it's like to have your spirit broken. I went through hell. I was severely persecuted by my own family members because they wanted me to stay on the job, put my babies in day care... I fought for my college degree and career job... First AFrican American woman in the Shipyard as an Industrial Hygienist, etc. etc. etc. ... but when I couldn't find a decent babysitter, I kept my own babies... tough decision... Stay-at-home-Mom--- Penalty... YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE IT IF I TOLD YOU... FAST FORWARD... When your enemies are your own people... and other step forward to help you.... Well, ... This American system is based on Colorism and White Supremacy... but that doesn't mean that Black people are not White Supremacist...

DAMN!  With every fiber of my being, I respect you, of food, water, and everything else, you decided your children need your presence more.  And you are right!  Nobody and I mean nobody, not even the father can love and nurture a child like mom can; not relatives, church nor siblings.  

I am sorry to break it to you but Black mothers in America struggle harder non-other than their Black children.  It's YOUR strength and decision-making that'll save them from themselves if not from the harsh realities of the world we live in.  I know everyone can't, don't the strength to do as I've done, go to bed hungry when I could have asked Whiteman for food, but that's me, my strength comes from my mother.  She sacrificed for her children and taught us to sacrifice for ourselves.  

Humans do their best work during adversary and on empty stomachs.  A Black man who can't go a few-days hungry isn't a real man, he's a punk, an intersexual being.   I am, indeed, sorry to hear about your ordeal.  hang in there!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Thank you, Chevdove, excuse me if I take as a compliment!

Are you referring to something else or the discussion between me and you?  We men tend to be more impatient than women, we lash out whether something is apparent or not so obvious because we believe our way is better; especially if we see ourselves as more informed.  In other words, we're stupid!!!   Even when it is clear you were right.  Not to go against our 'man-code' but I should keep it real, right?

For the life of me, it is unconscionable that a human being, any human being could ignore suffering, mercy on the little ones who need both parents.  Unfortunately, people have different reasons for doing what they do or allow to be done, even where their own children are concerned.  The fact that we consciously do things that harm children is a good part of what makes for 'pessimism' in me.  Only a man who is coward would allow another to seize his child and do nothing.  Little else justifies violence.  

Unless a response would jeopardize well-being other family members ... like with Black slaves.  Interfering with the slave-master could get everybody killed.  

DAMN

Thank you.

This is a tough issue for me and difficult to talk about. It is my constant rage and motivation at the same time. 

I don't even know how to frame it because most of my oppressors were actually Black women. I think a lot of Black women have trauma from the slave experience and it's ignored today. But I think what happened to me stems from that foundation. Nevertheless, there is no excuse, in my opinion, for a Black woman to throw down another, if she chooses to fend for her little ones. I love my mother still today, but I also confused and angry. She did me in. She threw me down. and she had a lot of help. If it had not been for the other Black women, her age and generation, that defended me, I would have been completely destroyed. My sons, her grandsons, don't want anything to do with her. They are still upset, and, believe it or not, sometimes they blame me!

8 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

my oppressors were actually Black women

There can, in reality, be no oppressive Black women in America, just lose whatever compassion they may have.

10 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

I think a lot of Black women have trauma from the slave experience and it's ignored today. But I think what happened to me stems from that foundation

Any Blackman or woman in America who claims they don't experience after-effects from slavery is lying to themselves.  Those who attempt to hid it pay the greatest price.

14 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Nevertheless, there is no excuse, in my opinion, for a Black woman to throw down another, if she chooses to fend for her little ones. I love my mother still today, but I also confused and angry. She did me in. She threw me down. and she had a lot of help. If it had not been for the other Black women, her age and generation, that defended me, I would have been completely destroyed. My sons, her grandsons, don't want anything to do with her. They are still upset, and, believe it or not, sometimes they blame me!

Clam down, Chevdove, that's the extreme focus that brought us this discussion ... during these posts you've used the pronouns "me, my, and I more than 10-times; how about 'them,' your children?  Fuck everybody else, what they say and do!!!  What are you doing?

30 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

There can, in reality, be no oppressive Black women in America, just lose whatever compassion they may have.

Any Blackman or woman in America who claims they don't experience after-effects from slavery is lying to themselves.  Those who attempt to hid it pay the greatest price.

Clam down, Chevdove, that's the extreme focus that brought us this discussion ... during these posts you've used the pronouns "me, my, and I more than 10-times; how about 'them,' your children?  Fuck everybody else, what they say and do!!!  What are you doing?

lol... It's hard to 'forget' about everybody else... But thank you. I do need to keep focus on my real goal, my offspring... that is the focus... the next generation.

11 hours ago, Chevdove said:

@Chevdove.

I read this earlier and had an epiphany, a coming to jesus meeting and experienced nirvana  - all in that order.   Thank you.   

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying your feelings and experience aren't valid, but what I'm about to write is based on my journey. And because of  what you expressed, I can see now  what I missed.   

From my perspective, the only difference I see between men and women are their goals.   

Successful opposite sex relationships arise from the two being goal mates.  For example, If the mates' goal is to ensure the success of their offspring, then they will do everything together that is necessary to make that happen.   

You've written that black women were your oppressor but could they have also been your savior? What were  their goals for you?  You mentioned in a follow up "

9 hours ago, Chevdove said:

But thank you. I do need to keep focus on my real goal, my offspring... that is the focus... the next generation.

Did they hope that you would do more than be a mother and caregiver for the next generation?  Did you go through your academic and professional experiences with the goal to be a mother and caregiver?   (Hypothetical question, because although I have a fabulous professional life  but I went through hell and high-water to raise my girls. They came first  because raising powerful women was my goal.   My ex-husband had the same goal - we just had different goals for marriage  .   

(20-20 hindsight speaking, here).  

My ex-husband is german-french ancestry because right up until I met him; men of african ancestry had been "my oppressor." - I realized from reading your response - that was a lie I told myself.   They weren't my oppressor -they just weren't my savior.  If we're looking for a savior - chances are we're going to find a lot more folks looking to be saved.  And they will most likely break our hearts.  But I digress.   

I was heart "broken" by the time I met my first love, a black man.  Up until him; I was a "player" in a game that was set up against women - but I didn't care because my heart wasn't in it. It wasn't my goal to be someone's property.  It was my goal to... I actually had no goals.  

Coming to someone broken is a heavy load for the other to carry - especially when they may be broken too.  We are so much like sheep - we hide our wounds in an effort to not be vulnerable - but we expect someone to care for our wounds that they can't see.   I remained "broken" but expert at hiding my wounds. So anyone that wasn't like the one who didn't "save" me - was the hero.  

All this to say, we are all broken... no one is an oppressor ... We're just a bunch of broken vigilantes instigating and carrying out a bunch of  mini-battles since the dawn of time- we are the anti-christ, the beast.  

This, I believe, is why the idea of a supernatural savior and the idea of a supernatural energy called LOVE is so appealing.   We can access it but first we have to stop lying to ourselves about who the real enemy is.   

$0.02

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

This, I believe, is why the idea of a supernatural savior and the idea of a supernatural energy called LOVE is so appealing.   We can access it but first we have to stop lying to ourselves about who the real enemy is.   

$0.02

More like $1 trillion!  The lying to ourselves is what has held humanity back since before the written word ... the truth opens the door to reality ... pain and hurt start to unfold beyond extreme, rational dimensions.  For me, the reality is lost of all optimism in humanity except for our inevitable self-destruction.  We don't even have the will-power to go hungry for a few days without subjecting ourselves to further degradation.  God knows, sister M. Hopkins, I want to be an optimistic person, but reality won't allow me.  The one thing holding me together is I still care, about many things, and especially Black folk.

• Like 1