Can you guess his ethnicity/race?

Afro

he actually has a  black heterosexual friend who told him that he wants a girl who has hair like him. lol

i thought it was weird

I'm not sure what race or ethnicity YOU are, but that desire is pretty common among Black men....especially in the Western hemisphere.  
That hair is called "loose curls" which is a mix between wavy and curly, considered an attractive feature for most Black women to have.

They even have a hair texture number for that type of hair but I forgot what it is.

what do u think of what was said?

Based on my limited knowledge of West Indian culture, the term "coolie" is an insult for Indian and Chinese immigrants and their children.
It's not a term I'd use.

Maybe you are, but if you're not very familiar with Caribbean culture you should be extremely careful who you use that term around.

The reason I'm giving you this advice is because some Black folks have a habit of talking reckless and saying things out in the open that most people say only behind closed doors or simply don't say at all...and it ends up getting them in trouble.

Some of it is done out of simply being too stupid to consider the consequences...for example KNOWING that "coolie" is a derogatory word but simply not caring.
But much of it is done out of sheer ignorance...for example you grew up hearing your father or friends use the term in over and over so you didn't realize how derogatory it was until you called an Indian man that and he went upside your head, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Afro

he actually has a  black heterosexual friend who told him that he wants a girl who has hair like him. lol

i thought it was weird

I'm not sure what race or ethnicity YOU are, but that desire is pretty common among Black men....especially in the Western hemisphere.  
That hair is called "loose curls" which is a mix between wavy and curly, considered an attractive feature for most Black women to have.

They even have a hair texture number for that type of hair but I forgot what it is.

what do u think of what was said?

Based on my limited knowledge of West Indian culture, the term "coolie" is an insult for Indian and Chinese immigrants and their children.
It's not a term I'd use.

Maybe you are, but if you're not very familiar with Caribbean culture you should be extremely careful who you use that term around.

The reason I'm giving you this advice is because some Black folks have a habit of talking reckless and saying things out in the open that most people say only behind closed doors or simply don't say at all...and it ends up getting them in trouble.

Some of it is done out of simply being too stupid to consider the consequences...for example KNOWING that "coolie" is a derogatory word but simply not caring.
But much of it is done out of sheer ignorance...for example you grew up hearing your father or friends use the term in over and over so you didn't realize how derogatory it was until you called an Indian man that and he went upside your head, lol.

thanks so much for your insight, its very appreciated

i am assuming you are a black hetero male?

i am black as well, but not "ambiguous" or mixed looking by any means 

i love my  friend's stories because they are always so interesting ...the people he encounters

what type of skin tone would u say he has? i reuploaded the pic to this site because for some reason AALBC seemed to distort the color of the pic a bit

at least on my end.

pic here: https://uploadir.com/u/mvoadb3h 

Afro

i am assuming you are a black hetero male?

Yes sir, I'm a heterosexual AfroAmerican.
Sorry if that's disappointing...lol

what type of skin tone would u say he has? 

He is what we would call "brown skinned".
Like this brother:

John Boyega hits out at racism online after the death of a black man in the  US | Ents & Arts News | Sky News

Not light skinned or dark skinned but in the middle.