Was This Professional? What Do Yall Think?

I'm curious as to what most people think of the last 15 minutes or so of Dr. Johnson's interview on The Breakfast Club last week and how him and Charlemagne were going at it hard with their different opinions on various topics.

Take a look:

I personally enjoyed the VERY spirited debate, however I can see how many would take exception to Charlemagne's constant passive-aggressive poking and prodding the doctor over issues they clearly disagreed on and I can definitely see how some could take exception to Dr. Umar raising his voice for an extended period of time, pointing his finger aggressively, and getting so emotionally stirred up.

Do you think this was unprofessional on the part of both....or do we NEED more dialog like this with 2 intelligent Black men showing us how to vehemently disagree with each other without going to blows?

As I mentioned in the other thread many AfroAmericans talk louder especially when they're passionate.

Otherwise, a healthy spirited intellectual debate is great. Rest assured, folks talking on that level will not come to blows.😁

There's clearly a mutual respect in that room or Dr. Umar Johnson would continue receiving invitations and/or showing up.

Charlemagne still deserves lashes for 1) being a fan of the Dallas Cowbums 🤣 and 2) trying to protect AfroAmerican celebrities from their responsibility to their community.

To whom much is given, more is required. Gotta pay it forward in order for more boats to rise.😎

25 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Man yall something else with them lashes....LOL

It's a fun metaphor. 😁

Similar to saying someone needs to have their azz beat for saying or doing dumb sh8t. 🤣

Most definitely, there's some flavor that never leaves the AfroAmerican community. 😎

@Pioneer1, before Kanye made his antisemitic rants, I had mentioned that he's milking his celebrity. 

While Kanye was wrong as h8ll in how he went about his business, we should have reeled him in and let him dry out from his drunken stupor.

White folks do not throw their own under the bus. They're always on code. Look no further than former POTUS and Vlady Putin.

Those dudes are wrong as h8ll in differing ways but white folks don't really go hard in saying sh8t about them nor are they eager to shut them down. 😎

ProfD

White folks through eachother under the bus all the time....lol.
They just know WHEN to do it, HOW to do it, and WHO to do it around, and most of all they don't let their internal differences get in their way of practicing racism.

White folks ostracize, abandon, set-up, lie on, cheat on, and kill eachother all over the planet but they still pretty much agree to put all of that to the side if a "Black threat" comes along threatening to limit or dissolve their power.

When it comes to Kanye, it's not so much about throwing him under the bus as it is about CHECKING him and his nonsense.
The dude is crazy as hell and like Willie D said he's actually a THREAT to our community:

The nigga is just as bad if not worse than the dope dealers and gangster rappers because his platform is so huge and he's getting so much attention....negative attention....that is being painted as representative of the Black community, when it's not.
Most Black folks don't talk or think like that clown.

As I said time and time again, his face is being used as the NEW MASK of anti-semitism and right-wing doctrine.
So now if you try to make the claim that "Black folks" aren't anti-semitic or we don't say silly extremist shit like the right-wing....they can just prove you wrong by pointing at Kanye.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1, you're right....white folks do throw each other under the bus. But, they're always on code about it as you mentioned in knowing how, when and who to sacrifice.

More importantly, non-whites definitely do not benefit from white folks going against each other.  Look no further than those fools storming the U.S. Capitol and the outcome. 😎

ProfD

We use the term White folks generally but our brother the Honorable Neely Fuller Jr. makes a distinction beween the average White person and a White Supremist.

White Supremists will throw the NON-White Supremist under the bus in a heartbeat because they aren't going along with the program.

Look at Anthony Weiner.
The right-wing went after that New York Democrat Congressman Anthony Weiner hard as hell because of a few dick-pics he showed and booted him the hell out of office.

White folks who do not practice supremacy still benefit from it in one way or another. That's why very few of them denounce it.

Both sides of the political aisle are always looking for dirt on each other. That former congressman was an idiot on several levels.🤣😎