Marilyn Mosby former Baltimore Prosecutor

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/marilyn-mosby-former-top-prosecutor-baltimore-convicted-mortgage-fraud-rcna137646

Marilyn Mosby rose to national prominence when Freddie Gray died while in the custody of Baltimore police. 

Mosby has gone from prosecutor to being convicted of mortgage fraud. Amazing that she spent time becoming educated in law only to do something stupid.

I hope she doesn't go to prison. Since she'll never practice law again, maybe she could become a consultant or educator.  Help a future generation of young folks.😎

• ProfD changed the title to Marilyn Mosby former Baltimore Prosecutor

I keep saying, if a black man does half the crap Trump did they would be locked up. This is just another example.

It is not just Trump That has been treated with kid gloves, Black people have always been treated more harshly by the criminal justice system.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:36 AM, Troy said:

Black people have always been treated more harshly by the criminal justice system.

A former prosecutor should know better than anybody else.  That's what makes her case even more ridiculous. 

Under the system, it's a fool's errand for Black folks to believe they can do and get away with the same crap as white folks.😎

16 hours ago, ProfD said:

A former prosecutor should know better than anybody else.  That's what makes her case even more ridiculous. 

Under the system, it's a fool's errand for Black folks to believe they can do and get away with the same crap as white folks.😎

I agree, that when it comes to certain laws and how people get caught up....of ALL people judges and lawyers should know how the system works and know how to avoid getting caught.
However when you're dealing with a system that is actually TARGETING you and has so many laws and rules....it's hard to know all of the policies and laws you must abide by.

This is why I say other Black legislators and law enforcement officials need to be more PRO-ACTIVE.

You have plenty of Black judges in Maryland who could overturn her conviction...they need to step up.
You have the Congressional Black Caucus who could investigate and eventually do something with her conviction.....THEY TOO need to step up.

I keep saying over and over again, what good are Black folks complaining about the "racist system" if you actually are in a position to DO something about it but refuse to yourself?

You got Black police officers with weapons, badges, training, and powers to arrest....sitting their WATCHING White officers mistreat Black citizens and they claim there was "nothing" they could do about it.

Black folks in executive, legislative and judicial positions at every level of government have bought into maintaining the system.

Black folks aren't codified well enough to break the system or make it work in our favor. 

To the point that @richardmurray often makes, the Black populace isn't a community.

Regardless of any differences among them, Jews always seem to be on code as it relates to maintaining their power, wealth and security.😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

Black folks in executive, legislative and judicial positions at every level of government have bought into maintaining the system.

Black folks aren't codified well enough to break the system or make it work in our favor. 

To the point that @richardmurray often makes, the Black populace isn't a community.

Regardless of any differences among them, Jews always seem to be on code as it relates to maintaining their power, wealth and security.😎

Well if THAT'S the case.....
Wouldn't a Black person choosing to just go ahead and "sell out" and get some benefit out of the system, be a logical decision in some cases?

55 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well if THAT'S the case.....
Wouldn't a Black person choosing to just go ahead and "sell out" and get some benefit out of the system, be a logical decision in some cases?

Not if it's a matter of greed. Especially if the end result is destructive.

if the objective is to dismantle the system from within which means selling out could be corrected at some point and serve the greater good of Black folks, that could be constructive.

Some of our beloved Black leaders had to make concessions i.e. sell out up to a point. They didn't do it selfishly.😎

ProfD

Oh no, not choosing to cause destruction or harming other Black folks.
I mean, just keeping quiet and getting paid.
Not participating in the injustice yourself, but turning your head to it.

Hell, if the system is so big and powerful and they aren't likely to bring an end to it anyway.....why waste so much of their valuable life TRYING to?

This is a philosophical question by the way, lol.

I remember many years ago I had a job driving trucks for a warehouse and one of my supervisors was an Italian dude who loved the Godfather saga and wanted to be a half-way gangster.
I remember me and my partner bringing in some goods from the supplier to the warehouse and when we finished we went into an office to report it and saw that supervisor and another guy who got fired a week ago and had no business on the property both sitting in the room smoking cigars and pipes and counting HUGE stacks of money.
I mean HUGE stacks!

When we came in they stopped and looked at us and the Italian supervisor started grinning and waved and I immediately left the room and tried to drag my partner out but he just stood there with his eyes open...lol
I snatched his goofy ass out the room and shut the door and while I was telling him to not say a word about what he just saw and he looking crazy and slobbering over how much money he saw -the supervisor came out of the room and called both of us back in.
To make a long story short he wanted to buy us off and put us on his payroll that apparently some other dudes were on.
I didn't accept...but I didn't report what I saw either.
I just looked the other way.

I've done that a lot....lol.

Sometimes the wise thing to do IS to look in the other direction and don't try to be a hero or whistle if there is nothing to gain by it.

@ProfD well, let's be scaled, two reasons why White Jews have maintained a communal structure in their populace in the usa are the elephants in the room about the black populace in the usa.

1st and for me most important.  The white jewish populace is small. Remember white jews are significantly smaller than white christian italians/white chrsitian  germans/white crhsitian irish/white christian russians even. Not to mention white asians, white latinos. White jews are one of the smallest populaces which is why they have aneasier time growing. Guess what group makes up the majority of poor white trahs. it is White christian germans. German americans are circa 50 million english americans are circa 50 million, italian americans are circa 18 million, white jews are circa 8 million so 10% of german americans and less than 10% of the white populace as a whole. very small. Black Americans are circa 50 million so it is even to compare black americans to white christian germans not white jews. Comparing populaces of extremely different size is not balanced. I think a better comparison to white jews is not blacks but black elephants/republicans. Both white jews or black republicans are an extreme minority in the white or black populace respectively and i think black republicans tend to have a very high financial footprint in comparison to the larger black populace in the same way white jews have in comparison to the larger white populace. So population matters and being small is advantageous in the usa. Japanese americans i argue are the most financially able of asian americans but again, are one of the smallest populaces of asian americans. the hordes of poor chinese will never be rich and will never close the gap to give chinese americans the same financial footprint as japanese americans. The cuban american populace doesn't even represent a tenth of the mexican. so again, the financial footprint is always going to be better for cubans than mexicans. Quantity matters. So when the purple gang was the most profitable gang during prohibition , running out of detroit which borders canada that never illegalized drink, that money went into a very small populace of the usa, that being white jews. SoI end this point with a more even comparison. Black republicans relationship to the larger black populace is equivalent to the populace of white jews to the white populace.   

2nd and the white jewish community in nyc is the proof of what i am about to say. The control + infuence of the religious orthodox white jewish tribe in the white jewish community is unlike any other tribe in another populace. white German americans don't dictate to all white americans. Chinese don't dictate to all asian americans. Mexicans don't dictate to all latino american americans.  White women don't dictate to all female americans. But the orthodox jewish tribe in the white jewish community have large and I argue dominating influence on liberal jews or other jewish tribes. I will be blunt, the orthodox religious white jewish community in nyc is able to be supported enough  by jews who even oppose them to get away with abusing other jews. The black christian community used to have a similar role in the black populace which made a communal structure, but the black christian tribe failed the larger black populace and thus its influence  waned.

But it isn't that black elected officials have bought into the system. It was always their goal. It isn't buying into. It is what they feel is best. Remember, Frederick DOuglass is the father of black elected officials in the usa, nearly all of them took their cues from him. 

I quote @Troy  to explain. 

Black people have always been treated more harshly by the criminal justice system.

Troy didn't say what I will say, the white criminal justice system, he said the criminal justice system. That wordage goes back to Frederick Douglass who believed in the usa. He believed the usa was for all the people in it regardless of their individual or communal relationship. Douglass believe the sysem in the usa is for all in it. I don't concur to douglass but i comprehend that is his position and black elected representatives from the south carolina legislative majority to obama side eric adams are usually in Douglass philosophical sphere. They don't make policy for black people or feel an obligation to a black agenda, they are for the usa in its entirety. The goal is to be aracial, to have all populaces integrated from  their policies.

and to your point @Pioneer1 the black republicans are the oldest black elected representative class and they have never deemed themselves as sellouts even though their planning didn't protect black people before or during jim crow. They do look out for themselves individually which is what nearly all elected representatives do. If poor whites in the usa had representatives geared to them today would not be today in the usa. You mention logic but I argue it is heritage. The goal is the key. As Black people in this very online community show, we all want better for black people but the variances is in the details of the goals which are not the same , the heritages we honor which are not the same. The heritages the black republicans honor isn't nat turner's black militanism or exodusters segregation or marcus garvey nationalism, they honor frederick douglass's integration which at its core is black betterment as part of a multiracial whole, sequentially rejecting black above the non black or black centric positions. 

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I mean, just keeping quiet and getting paid.
Not participating in the injustice yourself, but turning your head to it.

Hell, if the system is so big and powerful and they aren't likely to bring an end to it anyway.....why waste so much of their valuable life TRYING to?

This is a philosophical question by the way, lol.

It's really an ethical question.

Regardless of whether one turns a head or chooses to participate it's really a matter of their conscience (mental) and physical being able to take the weight and/or deal with any consequences.

@richardmurray, enjoyed the read.

Let me restate what I wrote more succinctly....

Jews and Japanese folks got reparations from the same United States of America that enslaved Black folks (FBA/ADOS).

America wasn't responsible for the holocaust. Yet, we've been giving money and everything else to Israel for 76 years.😎

thank you @ProfD

good point, the usa government did give something. I think it was easier by scale again. If the usa is over 300 million then one percent is 3 million at the short end, and white jews represent less than 3% of the populace today, far less in the 1900s. The black populace in the usa has always been in the 30% range with a much longer list of grievances than white jews or the japanese. Your 100% correct the federal government gave something. But I think it is more doable. I think this is why reparations for native americans like Blacks, is also a higher challenge than for white jews or japanese.

Question does the british government owe reparations to DOS for the time before the USA's founding? 

IN AMENDMENT

DO you think alot of the usa federal government? When I mean alot i mean, you think it is very powerful? I know it may sound silly to ask this as I know the usa militaristic power. No other government in humanity has a more powerful army, which to me is real power, not money.  But, your prose made me wonder, if you see the usa federal government as stronger than I do. 

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

Question does the british government owe reparations to DOS for the time before the USA's founding? 

Great Britain wasn't built on slavery. America benefited from 400 years of it.

1 hour ago, richardmurray said:

DO you think alot of the usa federal government? When I mean alot i mean, you think it is very powerful?

Absolutely. Beyond having the most powerful military on the planet, there's a reason the United States of America (USA) is #1 super power and folks from all over want to come here.

Despite its warts and open sores, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else on planet other than the USA.

I know the USA can be better and atone for its greatest sin of slavery in the form of a reparations package for FBA/ADOS.😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richardmurray said:

1st and for me most important.  The white jewish populace is small. Remember white jews are significantly smaller than white christian italians/white chrsitian  germans/white crhsitian irish/white christian russians even. Not to mention white asians, white latinos.

Now.....what are "white asians"????

@Pioneer1

well when I say black or white or mulatto  I am not speaking of a geographic distinction. I am speaking of a phenotypical range of skin. not chracter, not age or anything but skin. 

So, white latinos/white muslims/white women/white asians/yes white africans <I have seen some in africa and not the damn white europeans like theron in south africa>/yes white europeans all exist in a shade of skin. 

White asians generally are in china/korea/japan/northern india

now who are the black asians . southern india/parts of malaysia/indonesia/phillipines/australia/new guinea. The indegenous people from indonesia south to australia are all black. 

And yes, like many north africans like many latinos in the caribbean , many in south asia are mulatto for obvious reasons. It is well known that chinese long before the white european imperial age went into south asa and interbreeded. Just like white europeans interbreeded into north africa for so long that the mulatto is the most common so in south asia. 

Now I want to say, this is my view. I ask none to embrace it. I am not a preacher nor do i like proselytizing. I am jsut stating how i see things in this public black forum