harry brown

Royal Wedding, Are. You. Watching?

@Pioneer1 every human on Earth came from Africa, including everyone in Asia, or the Asian peninsula.

@Mel Hopkins from my quote about "marrying up" you take that to mean that I believe people are commodities?  The statement was made partially in jest.  But surely, you don't believe a Meghan would have any interest in marrying someone like me (assuming we were the same age) over someone in the British royal family.

Still, I can't be moved to care very much about Mehgan--who i never heard of before the marriage news.  I don't have any interest in the British royal family either.  Putting the two together does not generate any more interest for me either...

2 minutes ago, Troy said:

"marrying up" you take that to mean that I believe people are commodities? 

@Troy  Yes!  But not just you; our entire western civilization society! "Marrying up" or  "She can do better"  "He married beneath him"  Those sayings are predicated on value.   Something useful or valuable is a commodity .  

19 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

He married beneath him"  Those sayings are predicated on value.   Something useful or valuable is a commodity .  

Brother, Troy, does it not depend on the beneficiary?  I think royalty there has much to gain having a Black woman in the family, I see Dutchess of Essex as an international value asset.  I think the Prince married-up!   'What I think/ is true for me as well as true of a fact.  Our Black women are humans this world is unworthy. 

• Like 1

Come on @Kalexander2 Megahn is a white-looking multimillionaire celebrity she is not Nay-Nay from the projects.  Let's not pretend that all people are the same or viewed the same way.

@Mel Hopkins, people are not commodities for he reasons described above, a barrel is crude oil is, a bustle of corn is, but people are not -- we are unique, so we can not be "commodities."  No two people or groups of people are equal.

We, necessarily, made assessments of the "quality" of people every day.  Whether you are hiring a welder, surgeon, or basketball player some people are better than others depending upon how they are being measured.

If people were truly commodities it would not matter if Mehgan married me, Pioneer, or Prince Harry.  But the reality is that we are not commodities; a wealthy Prince is worth more than struggling bookseller. Hence "marrying up" is an appropriate description. 

This is not a western construct; we, in the west, are more likely to marry across class, race, religion, than many other cultures.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Troy said:

Come on @Kalexander2 Megahn is a white-looking multimillionaire celebrity she is not Nay-Nay from the projects.  Let's not pretend that all people are the same or viewed the same way.

Brother – does a Black person need to be from Selma, Georgia, the projects, or Africa to be of value to the Black community?  Or, do they need to be wealthy, famous, of profound intellect, or dark-skinned to be respected as a Black person?  What’s that you say?  NO.  Then it really doesn’t matter whether he/she loves or hate their own community to instill a sense of pride and motivation.  It’s not her politics nor her origin, she’s Black; whether she likes, accepts it or not.  Can your daughters learn something, anything from the Black Duchess of Essex?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Can your daughters learn something, anything from the Black Duchess of Essex?

No, nothing I can think of that would take precedence over the other things that they need to know to survive here in America.  But maybe I'm missing something.  Tell me what Meghan can teach my daughter besides how to nab a wealthy white man?

Still, I don't buy into the notion that Mehgan is like any other "Black" woman.  The suggestion that she is ignores a wide variety of things that are part of western culture.  Now if Harry married Gabourey Sidibe or Leslie Jones you might have a point, but you and I both know something like that would never happen -- not in 1 billion years 😊

54 minutes ago, Troy said:

people are not commodities for he reasons described above,

@Troy  your very statements make the case for people being commodities.   Assigning value makes them commodities!  🤣

@Troy:  If nothing else, an embedded, verifiable sense of choice to follow, avoid, or go her own way.  As a Black man, I've chosen the latter; in spite of the fact I hate uncle Tom's Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and sell-out Barack Obama the pride they have confirms, so can I achieve, follow, lead, or go my way.

Maxine Waters of the U.S. Congress, like Mehgan she is like any other Black women; with a maternal instinct even with all the scars, cracks, and crevices of any human being.  Let's not get caught up in what she recognized, do or don't do for her female Black community.  This isn't "what have you done for me lately" kind of value.  

Sure Mel commodities have value, but the value must be the same for each unit for it to be a commodity.  If every ounce of gold had a different price it could not be traded reliably and would not be a commodity.  The way you are using the word is confusing for this reason. 

If your point is to say that people have value; I say of course they do.

Or are you saying that we all have the same value, and this is why "marrying up" does not make sense?  

----

K2 by your description Mehgan is like any woman.  Again this is a notion that I reject because not all women (or men) are the same, some have more "value" than others when it comes to marriage.  The reality is marriage, at least a successful one, is more like a great business relationship with "benefits." :wub: 

11 minutes ago, Troy said:

Sure Mel commodities have value, but the value must be the same for each unit for it to be a commodity.

@Troy  as I'm sitting here watching bloomberg - and looking at the board -the value changes depending on demand  and that's how we treat people.   We do it in the work place - and it seems to carry over to relationships.    Again, I'm not saying "YOU" - I'm saying our society does it when it comes to people  and I dream a world when we simply look at our community based on our goals.   You wrote  Harry wouldn't marry Gabby in billion years...  I get the sense that's statement was made on some arbitrary value assignment.   Is that correct? 

Edited by Mel Hopkins
Added commentary - edit people to relationships.

5 minutes ago, Troy said:

Again this is a notion that I reject because not all women (or men) are the same, some have more "value" than others when it comes to marriage.  The reality is marriage, at least a successful one, is more like a great business relationship with "benefits." 

Granted, the business of marriage we're all involved with, in one way or another, for some benefit.  However, what's the differences that cause you to feel that way?  What is the crucial meaning of the difference?

14 minutes ago, Troy said:

The reality is marriage, at least a successful one, is more like a great business relationship with "benefits." 

That's what I say!!!  GOAL MATES!!!

17 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

GOAL MATES!!!

I was in Morocco some time ago and was shocked to learn it was the single female royalty capital of the world, to me that is, Black women, mostly from Africa with wealth, prestige, and profound careers.  Many left their home country to avoid jail, exile or other repercussions for cheating their people or ripping off their wealthy husbands.  Even more shocked that this information is never shared on the media.

Now, I wouldn't want my daughter to do the same, I admire the spirit, independence, and boldness of those women which is what Mehgan does for Black women worldwide.  Pride is a powerful motivator, something females, especially Black utilize better than us males.  

8 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Now, I wouldn't want my daughter to do the same

@Kalexander2  what wouldn't you want your daughter to do?  

avoid jail, exile or other repercussions?   

And do you believe these women were guilty without due process?  

12 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

what wouldn't you want your daughter to do?  

avoid jail, exile or other repercussions?   

And do you believe these women were guilty without due process?  

Because doing anything worthy of jail, exile, or repercussions is self-defeating, following rather than leading or going on one's own way.  OH YEAH, with or without due process, they're guilty!!  Amneh, one sister from Mozumbic Africa was royalty in her village, she split with over 2 billion euros of the village and her husband's family's cash.  But it's not the point I'm trying to make here, nor does it matter to anyone except the women and their victims.  It's the independence, spirit, and bold determination to do what they wanted, for selfish gains or not.  They survive!!!  I recall being offered, more than once to wed for immigration to the U.S., I'm not going to tell you that if not for the notoriety I would have jumped without being asked twice.  Besides, I have a wife already and was too afraid of getting busted for abusing my citizenship for money.  

i just never could get into the fairy tale scenario of Meghan marrying her storybook prince.  In a fit of superficiality, I thought her wedding gown was a dreary affair, and her hair unkempt.  And i was a little surprised at how sistas so eagerly bought into this scenario as if it were a romantic fantasy they had been secretly harboring.  I have little or no regard for Brittain's Royals who i consider a family of dull-witted parasites, paid homage for absolutely no reason.  During the frenzy over this marriage, some one mentioned that a black woman from Howard U had recently married an Ethiopian prince.  That, I think is cool! Ethiopians are a handsome people.  Harry is too fuzzy and ginger for my taste; i can just imagine his wet-dog essence when he sweats.   Yes, Meghan is ensured a lifetime of luxury and a place in history, but if i was young and ambitious and given an opportunity to "marry up", i'd take a fione,  smart, brotha from "old" money.   🤑 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, sister Cynique, the fairy tale princess crap impressional young women gleam is just that; a fairy tale.  The scandalous royal family is about to come down to earth now that a real earthling has taken-up residence in Buckingham Palace.   They're about to find out that Black folks don't leave when asked nicely, you have to throw us out.  Smile.  

22 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

OH YEAH, with or without due process, they're guilty!! 

@Kalexander2   Here  in America,  we are still have due process. We are innocent until PROVEN guilty,    And if anyone  is following the rules without question that makes them a follower who is obedient to authority,  That is the antithesis of being a leader.     I asked because your comment was sending mixed messages and I needed clarification. 

29 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

It's the independence, spirit, and bold determination to do what they wanted, for selfish gains or not They survive!!! 

YES!!! Now that's someone with the spirit of a leader.   

• Like 1

HEY, so am I a follower because I didn't abuse my citizenship by marrying for money, by following the rules?

11 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

anyone  is following the rules without question that makes them a follower who is obedient to authority,

HEY, so am I a follower because I didn't abuse my citizenship by marrying for money, by following the rules?

2 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

@Kalexander2   how would you abuse your citizenship by marrying for money?  Are you a U.S. national?   Marrying for money isn't illegal in U.S. 

23 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

how would you abuse your citizenship by marrying for money?  Are you a U.S. national?   Marrying for money isn't illegal in U.S. 

I'm natural born and reared U.S. citizen, but regardless, though I'm not familiar with the exact statute/ordinance consider marriage to a foreigner for money and then apply for a visa, residency, or citizenship is forbidden.  No one had to tell me this and I may wrong, I doubt it.  You're right most anything one does for money isn't illegal, except if it to do something that impacts the integrity of laws and privileges.  Such as applying for immigration status for a foreigner married to a U.S. citizen as part of a payment.  Now, does that make a follower, fool, or avoid legal complications for a monetary benefit?

2 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

You're right most anything one does for money isn't illegal, except if it to do something that impacts the integrity of laws and privileges. 

@Kalexander2 Ok, now I understand your position. In your comment above you left out the part about marrying for money to gain citizenship for yourself or someone else.   

Based on the information you've provided, I wouldn't now if that makes you a follower or even obedient to authority.   This could be one area that you feel it's wrong to take money for something you'd do for free.  There's no way I could know your threshold .    \

Besides, following rules without question is not the same as honoring one's integrity.  

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Based on the information you've provided, I wouldn't now if that makes you a follower or even obedient to authority.   This could be one area that you feel it's wrong to take money for something you'd do for free.  There's no way I could know your threshold .  

Yeah, well, why else would a wealthy foreign woman want to marry a Black American man, certainly not for love which is the other reason I refused, I knew it would just for the money.  And no person should face possible abuse by a male gold-digger.  Truth is, one side of me says I'm a fool for passing up an opportunity for, whatever; and another says I'm a rebel because I went against the norm, putting principle before profit.  I grow and please myself by doing or not doing what is considered normal.  Most men would have jumped instantly at such an offer.

• Like 1

Troy

I simply refuse to believe in the "out of Africa" theory.

Do I have proof or a ton of solid evidence to support my disbelief?

Outside of my observations of the phenotypical patterns of people around the globe....no.

But given the ever changing history that anthropologists, paleontologists, and others in Western science offers the world every few decades.....I'm sure before this century is out they'll have a NEW theory of where humans supposedly came from.

Megahn is a white-looking multimillionaire celebrity she is not Nay-Nay from the projects. Let's not pretend that all people are the same or viewed the same way.

Exactly.
I don't even think they see her as actually "Black".

AfroAmericans see her as Black because we've been raised with that erroneous "one drop" rule.
But they simply see her as "non-British" and probably lump her in the same category as Italians, Greeks, Arabs, ect.....

Mel

People are NOT commodities. We are members of a networked community. So, marriage is not a step-up but rather a strategic partnership based on goals.

Since marriage is also government-sanctioned some people marry to expand their territories.

Married people may not be commodities but MARRIAGE itself is usually a commodity and a financial agreement in THIS society as well as European, African, and Asian societies.

Historically speaking, people RARELY got married for "love"....but out of financial, social, and political benefit and it was usually for the benefit of the men in the relationship and not the women.
Even though a poor woman may have married a wealthier man, it wasn't the woman who benefited from the arrangement so much as it was her father and brothers who got some control of the money and land involved.

Personally, I would have NO PROBLEM marrying a woman for my economic well being or hers AS LONG AS IT'S UNDERSTOOD between us that that's what we're marrying for.

In my opinion,  LYING and BREAKING OATHS TO THE SUPREME BEING is wrong, not simply chasing after wealth or status.

So if I lied for the reasons I married her or took an oath to marry her for a particular reason and then broke it.....that would be "wrong".
But simply marrying for money or financial gain in and of itself isn't wrong.

Notwithstanding how any of us feel, Meghan’s marriage to the prince has or will have an effect on the Black community worldwide.  Perhaps not an economic or political effect but of attitudes of sorts.  Some may see it as a Black woman making it good in a bad, dark time for Black folk and benefit from some positive attitude; others may see it as a realization of false pretense of moving up in the world, enlighten by a negative attitude.

No matter what the attitude, Meghan owns nothing to the Black community; she’s not the cause of issues facing Black people and she cannot be a solution, even she was the queen.  Though it means nothing to me or my life, “I’m happy for her,” and pray she doesn’t fall victim as did Princess Dianna.  Never bought that ‘car accident’ excuse for her murder!

5 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Never bought that ‘car accident’ excuse for her murder!

@Kalexander2Nope... Me neither!  LOL!    I still think Queen Elizabeth II is straight up gansta.  I know I wouldn't cross her.   I remember shopping in London - and the taxes on my stuff equaled the cost of goods.  The queen don't play.   And one would have to wonder why her dynasty hasn't been overthrown like Ethiopia Monarchy.   

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

MARRIAGE itself is usually a commodity and a financial agreement in THIS society as well as European, African, and Asian societies.

@Pioneer1  It is amazing that so many people don't question why they have to get a state sanctioned marriage license.  Marriage is a state-sanctioned business.  Children are (fruit of the labor) of marriage.  But so many folks are under the fairy tale impression it's because " I love him/her"  - NOPE! In fact it has nothing to do with religion either - - as some familiar with marriage laws - say the state allows G-d to be party to the marriage but here in the U.S. ; God is optional.  

19 hours ago, Cynique said:

a black woman from Howard U had recently married an Ethiopian prince

@Cynique Yes, I saw that too. According to the New York Times article, (October 13, 2017)  Joel Makonnen had dated Ariana Austin for 12 years before he admitted that he was the great-grandson of Haile Selassie, Ethiopia's emperor who was ousted (1974 ) After an civil war the monarchy was overthrown in 1991.   Makonnen is a prince without a country.  Still, the story of their wedding brought Ethiopia back into mainstream news.   

After your post, I started thinking about how stories of folks in the African diaspora don't get coverage like European diaspora  in america .   For example.  if  Ariana Austin met  Prince Yoel  in 2005; you mean to tell me, no other media knew he was living here in the U.S.  Where are the stories on him prior to his wedding?   He could only keep his identity a secret because he knew American Media wouldn't cover him. 

@Troy  I agree we have to do better with getting media coverage for our community.  I know I've been responsible for getting my fair share of folks on record - but I'm just one journalist/media consultant.  I knew about Meghan before the world started talking about her - because I watched the first season of  suits  and I'm huge hallmark channel watcher...  I thought it was funny how they would cast her in racially ambiguous roles... and then she got all this hate mail when Suits cast Wendell Pierce as her overprotecting father.  Folks started complaining that she hid that she was black - and she  responded that she never said she wasn't black to her critics.   

But anyway; this  thread reminded me of when I pitched a story to an Essence editor in 2007 that black men were getting "snipped" (vasectomies) in record numbers - they were interested at first - then shelved it.   Ten years later, I saw a similar story in the NY Post where white men said they are getting snipped to avoid gold-diggers and child support.   Maybe if I'd pitch baby mama drama Essence would have ran with it.  

If you tiring of hearing about Harry - and hate how every made a big deal about the wedding - blame media - especially mainstream black media. They don't want to do stories that are important to the black community, in a timely fashion.  |

(Note:  Ebony is always interested in cutting edge stories from the black community.  I've always had an easier time "selling" stories to them. )

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 11:53 PM, Pioneer1 said:

s my understanding that the Arabs in Africa were descended from the Arabs of Asian nations like Iraq, Syria, Saudi, ect...who invaded and occupied Africa centuries ago.

@Pioneer1 But here is the issue that I see though; The Western Civilization and I suppose other nations too, keep changing the names and the maps with regards to the origins of certain people in ancient times. Iraq, Syria, Saudi, had people living in these areas that had other descriptive names that place them with 'other origins' that places them in Africa too, before they migrated east. For example, in the land of ancient Iran, Persia, lived the people of AI; and from my research, this name connects to a very early people during the Copper Age, that dominated 'the MIddle East' [ie. Jerusalem] and that came from MADAI-JAPHETH. From this civilization came people and civilization like;

THE MENES, the ARMENIANS, the MEDES, MEDO-PERSIA, the ACHAEMENIDS, ... and some of these people were concentrated in THE WEST initially. Nevertheless, they are still defined as ORIENTAL, but not necessarily ASIAN. Some the early people, from my research shows that they were, as you said, BLACK. They interacted with the ancestors of the Khurds and Greater Babylon and etc.  

21 hours ago, Cynique said:

And i was a little surprised at how sistas so eagerly bought into this scenario as if it were a romantic fantasy they had been secretly harboring.  I have little or no regard for Brittain's Royals who i consider a family of dull-witted parasites, paid homage for absolutely no reason. 

@Cynique Thank you!!!\

@Mel Hopkins

23 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You wrote  Harry wouldn't marry Gabby in billion years...  I get the sense that's statement was made on some arbitrary value assignment. 

Yes arbitrary, subjective, and often unjust -- particularly as they relate to Black people.  Mel do you think Harry would marry Gabby?  Does anyone here think he would (for all the reasons one might image) or am I just making stuff up?

Ebony is far from the magazine it once was. I've written about that here a couple of times here, but Ebony is not unique. We have lost so much media there is not one Black owned daily newspaper in all of America --despite all of our education, wealth, and talent.  

Chevdove

But here is the issue that I see though; The Western Civilization and I suppose other nations too, keep changing the names and the maps with regards to the origins of certain people in ancient times. Iraq, Syria, Saudi, had people living in these areas that had other descriptive names that place them with 'other origins' that places them in Africa too, before they migrated east. For example, in the land of ancient Iran, Persia, lived the people of AI

I've heard the argument that the Middle East is actually part of northeast Africa but the West tries to seperate it.
To be honest, I could see it that way....but barely.
As far as I'm concerned it's just as much if not more a part of Asia than Africa.

I believe since most Black people in the United States are either Muslim or Christian they have an interest in seeing what their religions call the "holy land" as part of Africa.....similar to how a lot of our people want to make Jesus and the other biblical characters Black.
I'm beyond that at this point.

I do recognize that the ORIGINAL inhabitants of that region were indeed Black.....

Before the Caucasian Medes and Persians moved into Iran the original peoples there were a Black people known as Elamites.

Before for the Caucasian Syrians moved into the Palestine coastal regions, the original people's in that area were Black and built a city called "Salem" that Caucasian later came in, continued to build upon, and now call "Jeru-SALEM"
They were a tall and strong Black people and when the Caucasians saw them they called them "Giants".

Infact, the original inhabitants of Italy and Greece were Black people known as Etruscans.

So clearly Black isn't limited to Africa.

and from my research, this name connects to a very early people during the Copper Age, that dominated 'the MIddle East' [ie. Jerusalem] and that came from MADAI-JAPHETH. From this civilization came people and civilization like;

Japeth is also related to the Greco-Roman deity JUPITER.

According to the myth, when Japeth and his family moved down from the Caucasus mountains into Greece...him and many of his offspring were deified as Greek gods and heros.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 the problem is that white people put Egypt which is firmly on the African Continent in a nonsensically named place they made up called the "middle East."  Clearly Egypt is in Africa -- full stop, end of story.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troy said:

the problem is that white people put Egypt which is firmly on the African Continent in a nonsensically named place they made up called the "middle East."  Clearly Egypt is in Africa -- full stop, end of story.

Right, brother, thanks to Alfred Wegener, the German polar researcher, geophysicist and meteorologist; his continental drift hypothesis, the planet could be considered Africa if his hypothesis is correct.  Even Egyptians recognize theirs as part of Africa, as well as the more accurate history, geometry, and science texts. Most people do not realize or understand this fact.   Honestly, 

I know Egypt is part of Africa as well as Lybia and Morocco but they are still considered part of the Middle East as well.

Middle East is more of a CULTURAL term than a geographical one.
Juar like the term Latin America.

Latin American countries are found in both North AND South America....two continents.

Likewise, the "Middle East" also spans two continents....Africa and Asia.

So you are saying Syrians are culturally the same as Egyptians, and Israelis the same as iranians?!

Latin America and the middle east are not analogous at all.

You are the first person i ever heard say morroco was in the middle east. This is high school geography and you presumably have the internet at your disposal.... smh

40 minutes ago, Troy said:

So you are saying Syrians are culturally the same as Egyptians, and Israelis the same as iranians?!

Latin America and the middle east are not analogous at all.

You are the first person i ever heard say morroco was in the middle east. This is high school geography and you presumably have the internet at your disposal.... smh

Yeah, Latin America is a cultural term; that’s ridiculous.  Latin America is comprised mostly of Latin peoples within the Americas, it's geography.  Middle Eastern Peoples are Africans, Arabs, And Jews.  In fact, the term "Middle East" was probably first originated in the 1850's by Britons but became popular when Americans designated it as the area between Arabia and India.  Hence, Middle East.

Right again, there’s no data anywhere that would support (even) remotely Latin America and the Middle East are comparable.

Any elementary school student knows Morocco is Africa, never considered part of the Middle East.

Troy

I understand your point, but I'm not sure if you're understanding mine.....

I KNOW where those nations are located, but IT DOESN'T MATTER whether or not the country is in Africa or not the term "Middle East" has more to do with culture than continent.
Egypt, Lybia, and Morocco may be in Africa but it's CONTROLLED by Arabs and it's culture is an Arabic culture.

And yes Israel and Iran is part of Middle Eastern culture because of their history.
Hebrew is a Semetic language like Arabic.
Israel has a large population of Arabs still within it's borders.
Persian or Farsi is written in Arabic and Iran is a predominately Muslim nation.

I understand YOUR point that these nations are in the continent of Africa, but you're looking at maps and I'm talking about how many of the people from those nations see THEMSELVES.
...especially those from Egypt and Morocco that I've talked to.

They share far more in common with other Arabs from places like Syria and Bahrain, than they do Black folks from Zimbabwe or Angola.

Neither you nor I invented the term "Middle East".
I'm not sure how productive it would be for us to wrangle over it's exact meaning of a tern neither of us invented or have control over.

If the media and even the Eyptian government wants to call Egypt the Middle East and align it with Syria and Iraq....what can me, you, or any of the Black controlled nations in Africa do about it?

That's what White Supremacy does.

It causes confusion and have people of color arguing among themselves over politics, religion, geography, and everything else.
Meanwhile the Caucasians who ORCHESTRATED IT and the terms being used aren't arguing over anything but which one of them gets the biggest share of the wealth and resources they're sucking from the land....lol.

@Pioneer1, I'm not confused.  But it is pointless to argue over geography because maps clearly show Morocco and Egypt are in Africa. 

As far as the Middle East is concerned it was something created by white folks, like the national borders of present day Africa, created without regard to the cultures or input from the people who lived there. 

If your definition of being in the middle East is, "CONTROLLED by Arabs and it's culture," how do you explain Israel?   

Besides you, who else considers Morocco to be in the Middle East?  

No need to bring in issues of politics, religion, or the white man into this. Just admit you made a mistake, learn from the experience, and move on -- what is the big deal?

-------------

Hey @Kalexander2 no need to copy the entire post of someone you are replying too -- especially when your reply immediately follows (just a tip to reduce clutter in the conversations)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

Pioneer, I'm not confused.  But it is pointless to argue over geography because maps clearly show Morocco and Egypt are in Africa. 

As far as the Middle East is concerned it was something created by white folks, like the national borders of present day Africa, created without regard to the cultures or input from the people who lived there. 

Besides you, who else considers Morocco to be in the Middle East.  

No need to bring in issues of politics, religion, or the white man into this. Just admit you made a mistake, learn from the experience, and move on -- what is the big deal?

You are right, brother Troy; in fact, I'm about 8-hours from the Egyptian border, visited there several times, driving from Israel; yet they call Israel part of the Middle East, even area's in Palestine they call Israel.  It's all Africa with African Christian, Muslim, and Jewish religion cultures and people.  One cannot say they are of Arab cultures only; not Egypt, Libya, nor Morocco.  They are part of the African continent where Black African, Arabs, and Jews live.  Simple as that, period.  

Even the United Nations, though they recognize something called the 'State of Isreal," they actually consider what is called Israel as Palestine.  Isreal is just a government State without a country, until the 1947 war where even Jews called a "Beautiful Bride Married to Another" as Palestine.  Colorful words to that successfully hide their true intention from this stupid world.  

You must realize brother, it's easy for Europeans to win-over foolish Black folk because they understand we'll never question what they say.  

• Like 1

I guess the establishment of an Embassy in Israel is icing on the cake.

Are any of the Black folks in your your neck of the woods interested in the royal wedding?

Remember, you don't have to copy what I wrote in your reply.

Interestingly, even to my surprise Arabs don't seem to care about the Embassy in Jerusalem.  Many never really had access when it was Tel Aviv.  I was there several times to cancel a resident visa for my wife, we decided it best she does not come to the U.S.   Something about fear of me being harmed should she face Arab hating Islamaphobic white folk.  She's right too, I'll make them kill me!  unfortunately, my compassion is not passive.

The royal wedding, many of the women folk in my wife's family, and others have positive comments about it, but also see it as a Black woman being submissive to a Whiteman.  I constantly hear commentary that American Blacks are becoming worse than whites.   That's probably because they expected Barack Obama to stand-up to Netanyahu more forcefully.   At any rate, I can easily get away from conversations I disdain by denying I speak Arabic or Hebrew unless I'm at one the universities here or in Palestine. 

My wife won't allow me to go to bars, but she did surprise me on New Years with a bottle of 50-year-old Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whiskey.   And no, she's stingy to pay $23,000, she got it from an auction house in Dubai for $2,000., more than 2/3rd remain.   You'll never gtuess how many Russian females are here; more Russian Jews then Middle Eastern Jews and most, if all are deeply involved in criminal activity.