I don't know if Frank James was the shooter in the subway, but if he was, he offers an interesting query challenge.

NYC's black community always had black people in it, who love to suggest a usage of violence is incorrect. The reason why is complicated, it isn't merely about right or wrong. But, one of the juxtaposes between white controlled media of nyc /the black church in the black community of NYC/black employed class in NYC is the idea of gun violence in the Black community as something of youth. The narrative is, the youth must get the violence out of them. But, Frank James is sixty something years old. Frank James was an elder teen in the 1970s. So Frank James is not a Black person who is without a decades long look at the Black community in NYC, in NYS, in the USA and with that a high potential for a very honest while negative appraisal of many things in this area. 

Many will suggest mental imbalance, as in NYC that is suggested for anyone who is violent. From white media to many or most black homes in NYC, mental dysfunction or imbalance is always the reason behind any violence as if, being violent can not be from a mentally sane person, which of course is a lie. 

• Like 1

Initially, this guy at 62 years old did not fit their *profile* of a typical mass shooter. Let the psychoanalysis begin.

Since he's a black man, I'd imagine they will compare him to Colin Ferguson too.

At some point, while eating donuts and drinking coffee, law enforcement folks should pay attention to social media chatter. 

I'm not on the major social media platforms but I've been told that people tell everything they are thinking and planning to do right there on the internet. 😎

• Like 1

For me the issue is the Black communities profiles. I live in NYC and unfortunately, what that means is, whenever a Black person is injured in any violence, a large section of the black community in NYC goes on a pulpit speech tour about the black communities ills, and all to often relates the ills to youth. 

But in my mind, I can recall quite a few adult Black men who did similar to Frank James in my lifetime, and talking to my clan offline, they second with more examples. 

The question then is, what is the way in which the Black community can aid the Black Angry, or is that one of the great dysfunctions in the Black community in the usa. Ever since the Black Loyalists at the nacent to the USA , the reality is the Black community in the usa has never created a place for the Black angry, and I think that leads to these situations. Frank James, I don't know him. But I am certain this guy was angry for a long while. 

Why do so many miss the mark?

The problem is not blaming those who grieve or rage over the loss of innocents in our communities, disparaging those who fail to absorb school lessons if cursed with a talentless teacher or claiming it's our fault for failing to create a space for the angry.

It's the lack of funding of decent and adequate schools, the disparity in health and mental care and the easy availability of firearms. All of these negatives plague the Black Community.

But too many ignore this.

You're grousing about this obviously mentally ill man, but not mentioning Patrick Lyoya, who was executed by a White cop in Grand Rapids, Mich.. After a brief chase and struggle, the cop had the 26-year old African immigrant face down on the ground when he suddenly pulled his gun and fired a bullet, point blank, into his head.

I will always believe the conclusions of that Australian study of crypto fanatics are harsh. But they are actually close the truth. Many bitcoin fans truly do not care about anyone else which is why it's so easy for some of them to deny White Supremacy still exists.

But few White racists want to wear a White hood anymore. Dry cleaning bills are expensive, you know.

Today, many White racists prefer to wear suits and win elections. Or don blue jeans and other casual apparel. The best attire for storming school board meetings and demanding books by Black authors be banished beyond the caves of Hades.  All because they don't know what the hell CRT is. 

Now, back to Frank James who like many on here, wants to blame a Black man for all that's wrong with the world. 

• Like 1

@Stefan well, I think the goals people have to their community, even though they can't do anything to a communities betterment alone, is one of the factors in miscommunication between people in any community. From the founding of the USA , the war of independence, to today the Black community has never been left alone. The Black community in the USA never had a group take it over, so to speak. The Black individual in the USA is freer in the Black community in the usa than an individual in any other. 

I have asked on this website and others, a simple question to Black people. What do you want the Black community to be tomorrow? The variance between what Black people want the Black community in the USA to be tomorrow is the problem. Frank JAmes to me, reflects that truth in the black community. 

I did not know the shooter was Black until just now.  I'm in South Africa right now and someone from the states informed me of the situation and the was a brief segment about it on the BBC news, but that was in the immediate aftermath and before they announced a suspect.  I have not sought out additional details. 

Were the victims all white?  Is this being looked at as a "hate" crime?

Given the proliferation of, and easy access to, guns in the US and the centuries of brutal racism heaped on Black folks, I'm actually surprised Black people don't go postal more often.  I guess drugs, alcohol, sex, and social media can only do so much to placate angry negroes before they snap. 🤨

11 hours ago, Troy said:

Were the victims all white?  Is this being looked at as a "hate" crime?

Given the proliferation of, and easy access to, guns in the US and the centuries of brutal racism heaped on Black folks, I'm actually surprised Black people don't go postal more often.  I guess drugs, alcohol, sex, and social media can only do so much to placate angry negroes before they snap. 🤨

I have not seen much information on the victims. They are looking to charge the guy with some form of terrorism.

As part of the conditioning process, angry black folks instinctively know better than to snap or be willing to face severe consequences.   Otherwise, the aforementioned panaceas usually suffice.

I believe this fella was on a mission to get 1st class accommodations at Riker's Island bed & breakfast. 😁😎

• Haha 1

We really do have to hold our head and most of us do. 

Most of the victims appear to be ordinary New Yorkers who ride those trains every day. I lived in Sunset Park for 24 years. I was always on those trains. Latinos, Blacks, Asians, Whites and many folks from the Caribbean are on those trains. 

That particular stop, 36th Street, is where I transferred to a line that took me close to my apartment. My son and I took many a cab home from there. This train was going northbound from 59th Street, the beginning of Bay Ridge. 

If the trains were not running, my son and I simply walked to a McDonald's three blocks south and waited for a bus which dropped us off a block away. 

And yeah, he will be charged with Terrorism.