What's Love got to do with it?

I know in my "True Confessions", I made the noble proclamation that  Life was the question and that Love was the answer, but after checking out some of the posts of these right-wing shills who Troy was tolerant enough to let through , "love" was not something that came to my mind. More like toxicity! 

My reaction to the patented litany  of these conservative twits is nothing new.  It is one that unfailingly  overtakes me when it comes to being subjected to the phony conservative credo.  My revulsion to this narrative  is so immediate and intense, so instinctive that I'm sure it's  in my DNA,  maybe dating  back to cave man days when my tribe was in conflict with the tribes of the ancient Neanderthal ancestors of Republicans. And boot lickin' black conservatives nauseate me even more. 

Although some of the things  these smug tight-assed prigs prate about are not entirely unreasonable,  something inside of me still recoils when i am subjected to the hissing of these fork-tongued snakes lurking in the grass. I have, however, always admitted that my preference for Liberals over Conservatives has more to do with persona than policy. Liberal types are just my peeps; more hip and less sanctimonious. So, of course, I detest Donald tRump. and my sentiments wane toward anybody who does like him; and I suspect my emotional mindset toward candidates might be more typical than  pollsters realize. 

Just some thoughts on the eve of the Republican debate forum, an event tRump doesn't even have to attend because he's so far ahead in the polls. Unfortunately Democrats, like Lady Justice, are blind because they just don't seem to see that being a lying criminal  doesn't hamper tRump; it just endears him more to the bigots  he has liberated and enabled. The left-wing  is turning an ego crazed crook into a popular martyr who will probably beat the rap! And when it comes to the presidential election, if  tRump doesn't  win,  his party will deem the results to be  "rigged".  That's when the fun will begin, especially if Artificial Intelligences rears its ugly head in the fray. 

Hold on, Folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.      

You know @Cynique I was just thinking I need to do something about the cesspool the forums have become. I’m thinking a reboot, starting from scratch… with the site upgrade.

But what will stop it from happening again? Do I take a more active role in moderation, that will just create another echo chamber.

I like the discord on some level, but it is not very constructive.

For now I’m inclined to let it ride. Maybe it will work itself out.

15 hours ago, Troy said:

You know @Cynique I was just thinking I need to do something about the cesspool the forums have become. I’m thinking a reboot, starting from scratch… with the site upgrade.

But what will stop it from happening again? Do I take a more active role in moderation, that will just create another echo chamber.

I like the discord on some level, but it is not very constructive.

@TroyI agree. I wasn't suggesting that you ban right wing trolls. Everybody knows them for what they are and when  reading their posts, considers the source.

21 hours ago, Cynique said:

Just some thoughts on the eve of the Republican debate forum....

The most dangerous in the GOP clown car of candidates aka field of dreamers is Vivek Ramaswamy aka Ramen Noodles.   

Ramaswamy is an Ivy League educated guy who talks like a used car salesman on coke, candy and Ritalin.  He's too smart for his own good.

The GOP base won't get behind an Indian-American.  Especially not someone who thinks he's smarter than them. 

But, Ramaswamy's real goal could be a cabinet level position if 45 is nominated and wins.  Ramaswamy would love to be a government hatchet man.

The rest of the candidates have about as much personality as paint drying.  Other than Chris Cupcake Christie, none of them opposes the former POTUS.😎

@Cynique My concern was what does a new user think when they come here and the first thing they read is the lunacy that has been posted lately.  I'm surprised no one has posted that we learned useful skills while enslaved.  Now if someone's first introduction to the site was the commentary and musing of you or the good Professor D, that would be cool.

Man, I did not know how good we had it back in the ABM and Thumper days.  That was a long time ago...

@ProfD I had no interest in watching the debates.  I'm not a fan of Christie, but I think his tactic or opposing Trump could pay off if the rest of the GOP comes to its senses, he will have distinguished himself.  I think the odds are against him.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of banning people EXCEPT if they threaten violence against other posters or reveal personal information they had no right to reveal.
However I DO support deleting shit....lol.

That being said, I WOULD be careful with allowing all of that anti-Semitic shit Wide awake is posting.

You never know.
He may come here JUST to spam the board with all of that shit just so it can be flagged and investigated as a "hate site".

Think about it.....

Some clown pops up out of nowhere dumping as much anti-Semitic content that he can get his hands on KNOWING no one on here really cares for it one way or the other.
So obviously it's not being posted for us.
So who is he posting it for?
What PURPOSE is he posting it for?
Posting it by the TRUCK LOADS in nearly every thread he can find.....MAKING SURE if someone comes upon the site they won't miss it.

I smell a trap.

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

So obviously it's not being posted for us.
So who is he posting it for?
What PURPOSE is he posting it for?
Posting it by the TRUCK LOADS in nearly every thread he can find.....MAKING SURE if someone comes upon the site they won't miss it.

all good questions. 

On 8/23/2023 at 8:48 PM, Troy said:

Smart move. Just take your time. Wouldn't be too trigger happy on this one. Social media is a perpetual rough ride without a saddle. Sometimes, managing it properly requires extreme patience because everything that seems to devolve is usually experienced by those who are easily offended. Troy, you're doing a good job as it is.