A Great Short Story: The Egg: Andy Weir

Great video.

I started to flip right past it as I thought it may have been a cartoon clip that you and your young daughter like to watch together, lol.

Much of it just reiterates the same ideas I've said about the After Life on this site but were pretty much ignored or questioned.
I guess it sounds better or  more credulous coming from a White man to some people....lol.

Although I'm not sure about the "living through every human who existed" part.
I do believe there is a certain individualism or separateness among most humans where you live YOUR particular set of lives and they live theirs.

As I said, already knew much of what was talked about in the video but what really made it great for me was the ending of it when the Universe was called a big EGG for us to develop in and eventually move on from for further growth.
That really did it because then I understood the term I've been hearing for decades about the COSMIC EGG.

I'm curious as to what @ProfD  thinks of this video and it's message....lol. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm curious as to what @ProfD  thinks of this video and it's message....lol. 

I think the video is a good illustration of my belief that humans should take better care of each other in the space we exist.

My comedic takeaway from the video is that humans are aliens who time travel and take on different hosts.🤣

Interestingly, while the spirit form could exist anywhere throughout the universe, the earth seems to be the only place it can take on a physical being.

Cool video. it won't but could turn religion upside down.😎

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

I think the video is a good illustration of my belief that humans should take better care of each other in the space we exist.

My comedic takeaway from the video is that humans are aliens who time travel and take on different hosts.🤣

Interestingly, while the spirit form could exist anywhere throughout the universe, the earth seems to be the only place it can take on a physical being.

Cool video. it won't but could turn religion upside down.😎

🤔 Hmmmm.......

I asked, and you answered.....lol.

BTW.....
Your avatar said you joined this site in 2021.
Is that accurate?

It seems like you've been here much longer than that....lol.
I want to say around 5 years or so for some reason.

11 minutes ago, Troy said:

If everyone believed it to be true maybe we would behave like it and the world would be a better place. 

Perhaps.....
But with some people, if they didn't believe anyone ever died permanently but re-incarnated over and over again.....they'd REALLY become more murderous and barbaric.

Can you imagine how murder convictions would go if all judged were convinced of re-incarnation?
Killing someone would carry the same penalty as probably running over a foot or a punch in the face.....lol.
Just a temporary offense.

On 10/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Your avatar said you joined this site in 2021.

Is that accurate?

It seems like you've been here much longer than that....lol.

That's accurate.  I've been sitting into his easy chair for exactly 2 years this month.  It's been a blast chopping it up with you all. 😎

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 I would have guessed the good professor was here longer too. I guess fondness breeds familiarity.

A few claim they do, but no one really remembers their past lives. So for all practical purposes death is death. But to your point maybe we are so murderous now because we believe our victims will be going to heaven 😉

@Troy. Gee, thanks for posting that Egg video!  You must've known that it would captivate my interest at this point in my life.  I don't know why I took so long to get around to  watching it.  Its message was very Intriguing . As I mentioned in another post, I have been gravitating toward an existentialist  mind set, a philosophical approach  that  makes  it easy to become compatible  the "I know that I know nothing"  tenet, so I am open to every possibility.  Contemplating that Death may be all about returning to square one via of an embryo trying  to make it to the birth canal is interesting  and of course my ego is seduced by the idea of becoming a god. All of this is more inspiring than just returning to dust.  I've never been an adventurous  person but maybe next time around I'll  develop a taste for it. Hopefully during one of these incarnations I'll also mellow with age.  😜

Oh, well. Whatever.   With the awful state of this world, there's no great reason to overstay my welcome here. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:02 AM, Chevdove said:

Nice video.

If I have been in existence in past lives, I am glad I have no memory of it especially due to the horrors of this universe. 

I would never want to know if I was like HItler! 

If I were a child that was killed off, then, I am happy that God put me back in action! 

How do you know your past lives weren't MUCH MUCH BETTER than the one you are living now?
I would like to get into contact with my past lives to gain the knowledge and wisdom I learned in them to benefit me in THIS one and FUTURE ones.

On 10/14/2023 at 8:50 AM, Pioneer1 said:

How do you know your past lives weren't MUCH MUCH BETTER than the one you are living now?

That's easy to answer when you consider the crap that is going on in this world, generally speaking.

Maybe the future will be better, but even if I was doing better in a past life, the grand scheme makes it not worth knowing, imo.

18 hours ago, Chevdove said:

That's easy to answer when you consider the crap that is going on in this world, generally speaking.

Maybe the future will be better, but even if I was doing better in a past life, the grand scheme makes it not worth knowing, imo.

What????
You mean you wouldn't want to know about your past lives even if there was important information in them that you could learn that may help you TODAY?

I'd love to have access to the knowledge I've accumulated over my many lives.
I'm sure I wouldn't want to re-experience everything, but having access to the knowledge......absolutely.