More accolades for Serena Williams and Ruby Bridges

There is no simply no stopping our women!

The Associated Press

Serena Williams and Ruby Bridges will be inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2024 year, adding the tennis great and civil rights icon to a list of women to be honored during Women’s History Month in March.

“The 2024 inductee class has broken barriers, challenged the status quo, and left an impact on history,” the Hall of Fame said in its announcement.

Eight other honorees were announced in the spring. Williams and Bridges became available after the date and location of the ceremony were changed, a spokesman said.

Williams, 42, is a 23-time Grand Slam tennis champion who holds the record for the longest player ranked No. 1. She retired from tennis last year and earlier this month became the first athlete to win the Fashion Icon award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

Bridges, 69, was a 6-year-old first-grader when she became one of the first Black students at racially segregated schools in New Orleans in 1960. In 1963, painter Norman Rockwell recreated the scene in the painting, “The Problem We All Live With.” The Ruby Bridges Foundation she established 24 years ago promotes tolerance and change through education.

Others in the class include Peggy McIntosh, 88, an activist known for her explorations of privilege; Kimberlé Crenshaw, 63, who helped develop the academic concept of Critical Race Theory, the idea that racism is systemic in the nation’s institutions. Judith Plaskow, 76, regarded as the first Jewish feminist theologian for calling out an absence of female perspectives in Jewish history, will also be honored.

• Like 3

• Stefan changed the title to More accolades for Serena Williams and Ruby Bridges
On 11/17/2023 at 11:50 AM, Stefan said:

Serena Williams and Ruby Bridges will be inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2024 year, adding the tennis great and civil rights icon to a list of women to be honored during Women’s History Month in March.

“The 2024 inductee class has broken barriers, challenged the status quo, and left an impact on history,” the Hall of Fame said in its announcement.

Eight other honorees were announced in the spring. Williams and Bridges became available after the date and location of the ceremony were changed, a spokesman said.

Williams, 42, is a 23-time Grand Slam tennis champion who holds the record for the longest player ranked No. 1. She retired from tennis last year and earlier this month became the first athlete to win the Fashion Icon award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

She is definitely a fashion icon! 

I'll let you in on a little secret.

I've never been TOO big of a fan of Serena's.
She's a good tennis player but I didn't care too much for her attitude.
I actually found Venus more attractive, physically AND personality wise.

Venus is not only less muscular but has a less confident and cocky attitude.

• Confused 1

@Pioneer1, the Williams' sisters are world class athletes.

While Venus might appear to be less than her sister in one way or another...she's not.

Their daddy, Richard Willliams built them equally. Proof is in their accomplishments. 

Some dudes prefer softer women. Nothing wrong it. Different strokes. 😎

On 11/25/2023 at 11:35 AM, ProfD said:

Some dudes prefer softer women. Nothing wrong it. Different strokes. 😎

Lol...I would presume MOST dudes prefer softer women if they have a choice.

Show me a man who prefers a hard core woman with muscles bigger than his.....I'll show you a man who doesn't REALLY want a woman.
He has a secret.....lol.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Show me a man who prefers a hard core woman with muscles bigger than his.....I'll show you a man who doesn't REALLY want a woman.
He has a secret.....lol.

There's a difference between athletically fit women like the Williams sisters and a hard azz chick who pumps iron and looks like Ms. Olympia.🤣

Many men like fat women. I doubt they have a  secret desire to sleep with bears. 😁😎

• Thanks 1

It's not just her muscularity that I PERSONALLY don't find attractive, but her very confident attitude as well.
While it's good for most women to be confident to a certain extent; and in older women it seems to be attractive.....again to a CERTAIN EXTENT....it's easy to go overboard with this trait.

Like you said, different strokes for different folks.
Some brothers LOVE highly confident women.
Hell...some dudes like women with hairy legs and baby mustaches too....lol.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, ProfD said:

Reads like a dude who would f8ck a cavewoman or Chia pet. 🤣😎

Some of these bruthaz would run up in ANYTHING.
If it has a hole and will give him a chance.....he's up in it.

I used to complain and shake my head at how some of these women behaved in the streets....wondering what kind of man would even be bothered with a hood rat like that.
But then, I look at some of these dusty dudes and my question would usually be answered that same day.

I'm not a fan of Eugenics because of it's origins.....but I'm a huge proponent of AFR0genics!
The smartest and most *naturally successful Black men and women should be hooking up with eachother and having more children.....reproducing those good genes.

Offset that negative energy.

*By "naturally successful" I mean gaining success through intelligence, morality, industriousness, and other positive attributes.  Not getting paid millions by White folks to promote filth and foolishness.

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm a huge proponent of AFR0genics!

NOOOO!!

We are definitely too stupid to know which genes (people) should be prevented from procreating.

We live in a culture such that if you can sit in obediently still in a seat for few hours a day and repeat whatever information was given to you for a deacde or two, then you are smart -- we don't know what smart is...

8 hours ago, Troy said:

we don't know what smart is...

Well, we DEFINITELY know what stupid is.

Go to any gas station or liquor store of your choice and spend about 5 minutes watching the people....and you'll get text book examples.

As well as great examples of why access to birth control is so important.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, we DEFINITELY know what stupid is.

As well as great examples of why access to birth control is so important.

Yep. But, access isn't enough especially if folks have to be relied upon to use it correctly.

I wish the universe had an automatic birth control mechanism allowing stupid people to enjoy as much s8x as they wanted without being able to procreate.

The same way a man cannot impregnate a sheep or a woman cannot get pregnant by her pet; stupid people shouldn't be able to reproduce either.

No worries. 100 years from now, most of the folks living today will be gone.😁😎

5 hours ago, Troy said:

You know how many "stupid" people gave birth to geniuses?

No, but I'm sure the numbers were a lot less than those who gave birth to more dumb-ass children....lol.
Running in and out of traffic with strings of snot hanging out of their nose.

Don't just fuck and pop out kids you KNOW you can't take care of talking about, 
" I ain't wurred....
Jeeeezus will make a way fo' um".

In all seriousness.........
People can't help the genes they were born with and I don't blame people SIMPLY for having low intelligence for whatever reason.
Now behavior they clearly know better than to do and know it harms others.....that's a different story.
However as a society WE can help it and influence the collective intelligence and image of our community by promoting desired and beneficial characteristics like intelligence, expressed creativity, disease free bodies, etc.

Most intelligent people around the planet instinctively know this.
That's why so many marriages are ARRANGED around the globe....especially in African and Asian nations.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer appears to be a weenie. He is always whining. He dosen't like this. He doesn't like that. Her has a problem with confident women as well.

On 11/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, Pioneer1 said:

It's not just her muscularity that I PERSONALLY don't find attractive, but her very confident attitude as well.
While it's good for most women to be confident to a certain extent; and in older women it seems to be attractive.....again to a CERTAIN EXTENT....it's easy to go overboard with this trait.

Dude, confident Black women played a major role in furthering along racial justice and fighting for Civil Rights. Why does this bother you so much?

Confident Black Women