Democrats Losing Black Voters in 2024

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/young-black-voters-2024-biden-1234965054/

Democrats may have  problem with Black voters in 2024.

Black voters especially under 50 years old are 1) questioning what Democrats have done for them and 2) threatening to vote for the couch.

Black folks have mostly voted Democrat for decades knowing Republicans weren't going to do anything  for us.

The Boomer generation is fine with the status quo comfortable with retirement and social security checks.

Gen-X has just enough access to employment opportunities, capitalism and gross materialism to be complacent with the status quo. However, they're uncertain about the future of their retirement and social security benefits. 

Millennials and Gen-Z folks do not have the same outlook. Fewer employment opportunities especially as technology takes over and student loan debt and most importantly, 1) no Black economic infrastructure and 2) no generational weslth or inheritance to prevent them from starting at ground zero.

The question for Black folks becomes what's the purpose of voting for either of these parties when the old folks running them don't give a d8mn about Black folks especially the younger folks and they're not providing tangibles.

It doesn't help that two old azz white men are running for POTUS. Each has his own issues.

The one thing both leading POTUS candidates have in common is neither one gives a f8ck about Black folks.😎

There are rumors circulating that a coup of  moderate Progressives are planning some backroom shenanigans at the Democrat Convention wherein, under the guise of  passing the torch, Biden will  nobly step aside in difference to the overwhelming rejection of his candidacy because of his age. This would then be followed by the party uniting behind a  younger, dynamic, candidate, possibly Gavin Newsome, who would be far more viable and appealing than tRump or Nikki.

Considering how bad Biden's poll numbers are, this doesn't sound so far fetched or like wishful thinking.  It makes no sense for the Dems to run someone who is so overwhelmingly rejected by voters.

Kamala Harris is, unfortunately, also a liability. If ol Joe dies in office, she hasn't done much to instill confidence in her leadership ability. Not to mention that  she's a woman. And "black"

Look out, Hell. Here  comes America!

41 minutes ago, aka Contrarian said:

This would then be followed by the party uniting behind a  younger, dynamic, candidate, possibly Gavin Newsome...

Yep. Between the media attention he gets and debating Gov. Ron DeStupid, I believe Gov. Gavin Newsome is being groomed by Democrats for a promotion within the party.

Kamala Harris is, unfortunately, also a liability. If ol Joe dies in office, she hasn't done much to instill confidence in her leadership ability. Not to mention that  she's a woman. And "black"

Whatever excitement we had for our 1st female VP and a woman of color, the wind has been blown from our proverbial sails as she's done nothing to show leadership capabilities. 

Look out, Hell. Here  comes America!

Temperature is definitely rising.😁😎

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

no generational weslth or inheritance to prevent them from starting at ground zero.

man, I am a young baby boomer, and this was true for my generation as it was for my parents.

The outlook has not changed. Perhaps her reaction and outlook has changed.

54 minutes ago, aka Contrarian said:

There are rumors circulating that a coup of  moderate Progressives are planning some backroom shenanigans at the Democrat Convention wherein, under the guise of  passing the torch, Biden will  nobly step aside

oh boy I hope this is more than just rumors. 🙂

If the Democrats introduced two new fresh (younger) candidates with a powerful message, they would win handily.

Whatever happens I’m still voting for the democrats,  they are still better than the alternative in my book.

Well...:) I have spoken on parties of governance so much on this website i have little to say new. 

I think the current populace in the usa's multiphenotypical, multireligious, multifinancial, multiphilosophical, ... multiracial form aside the current rule of law  is exposing the weakness in the system. The system in the usa was never designed to support the current situation nor was never designed to change to accommodate the current situation.  The question to the future is, how can the current empire to all in humanity, which the usa is, maintain its status internationally while changing sufficiently internally to accommodate its current situation. Various answers exist. The problem is who among the populace in the usa that has an answer plus is willing to emit an answer will be in a position to enact their answer?

I'm NEITHER a Democrat nor Republican because I trust neither.
I used to trust Democrats back when I was much younger and never trusted the Republicans, but I'm not affiliated with either party now.

Having said that......

I will say that there are several reasons the Democrats are losing their Black base:

1. They have a fucked up marketing strategy towards AfroAmericans.
In many cases they don't have one at all and have been taking the Black vote for granted.

2. They don't have an agenda for the upliftment of working class people anymore, which is what helped build the Democrat party to begin with.  Most Black Americans are working class or poor and they aren't really addressing those issues.

No talk of Universal Healthcare.
No talk of free college education.
No talk of increasing and expanding welfare benefits

Democrat leadership seems to JOIN the Republicans of trying to kick people off "the dole" so they can give the money to Ukraine and Israel.

3. The Democrat party is an "big tent" party with too many conflicting interest groups being represented within it.
Most AfroAmericans are heavily influenced by the church and it's values so when the Democrats push LGBT issues or Abortion rights...it turns off a lot of AfroAmericans who'd ordinarily support the party.
Republicans CLAIM to be anti- LGBT and anti-abortion...they aren't...but they CLAIM to be and that attracts a lot of religious AfroAmericans.

4. The newest reason the AfroAmericans aren't supporting the Democrat party is due to the massive influx of illegal immigrants who are mostly Latino and how they're being pushed into mostly Black communities now.
That right there is pissing a LOT of AfroAmericans off and many of them say they'd vote for Trump just on that issue alone.

Not sure why, because Trump wants them here just like Biden because they're a cheap labor source and they're hoping they will "replace" the Black population....but silly negroes STILL believe Trump will actually seal off the border and send them back.

• Like 1

@ProfD I paraphrase the great james baldwin, how much time? one hundred years from now, five hundred? if by matter of time you mean one thusand years, well yeah. 

I quote myself intentionally 

I think the current populace in the usa's multiphenotypical, multireligious, multifinancial, multiphilosophical, ... multiracial form aside the current rule of law  is exposing the weakness in the system. The system in the usa was never designed to support the current situation nor was never designed to change to accommodate the current situation.  The question to the future is, how can the current empire to all in humanity, which the usa is, maintain its status internationally while changing sufficiently internally to accommodate its current situation. Various answers exist. The problem is who among the populace in the usa that has an answer plus is willing to emit an answer will be in a position to enact their answer?

any answer will require a significant sacrifice of time. I always give the caste parallel in india, the second most multiracial populace i humanity. The caste can't go casue the caste allows for the multiracial populace to exist.  In the same way the usa's individualism allows the multiracial populace to exist. yes, the individualism kills communal strength which is why all populaces are suffering to be better communally now in some way or form in the USA. But, to undo the system and build a new one better suited from within the usa while not having drastic financial or militaristic changes to the usa is really a task. The USA had a sixties generation of leaders who were willing but the rich white europans murdered them so... The current system is dysfunctional in many ways but where it does serve best is the individual mandate which allows for latinos who came into the usa illegally in modernity to vote for greater measures against illegal immigrants. It has always allowed for blacks led by the black church folk or black one percent to speak of all sorts of lies or falsities or half truths concerning the majority of the black populace in the usa which has always been fiscally nihil and only had illegal activity to provide financial opportunity. 

I know you see the usa in the context of two sides of the same coin but I a complex uneven many sided polygon that can't find balance on any one group with ever changing sides, far more than two, and is only held together by an individual allowance, which is rare under most governments in humanity, for positive reason. 

I don't think the system is broken; I think the system is working JUST FINE.
It's working how it was DESIGNED to work.....lol.

The Racists in power established this system to be confusing and SEEMINGLY "ineffective" in certain areas so as to accomplish certain agendas.

Not only is the political system in the U.S. working fine, it's working so fine that PRIVATE BUSINESSES are starting to adopt it as their mode of operation!

How so?

One of the tricks of the modern U.S. system is for the government to pretend to be "broke" and in debt.
That is the excuse they use to justify not investing in people and infrastructure.

Yet they clearly have enough money to send off and give to the Ukraine, Israel, and dozens of other governments....by the billions.

Now a lot of private companies are engaging in the same practices of claiming to be broke and losing money to justify not paying their employees a decent wage....yet they are still operating.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I don't think the system is broken; I think the system is working JUST FINE.
It's working how it was DESIGNED to work.....lol.

Not even the racist *founding fathers* didn't design the system to work as it currently does.

Not only is the political system in the U.S. working fine, it's working so fine that PRIVATE BUSINESSES are starting to adopt it as their mode of operation!

Private industry has been operating in the same manner since the industrial revolution. The game has been modified to look different. 

One of the tricks of the modern U.S. system is for the government to pretend to be "broke" and in debt.

That is the excuse they use to justify not investing in people and infrastructure.

I don't see it pretending.  The gov't is blatantly allowing capitalists to call the shots. Besides, it's *their* interests the gov't uses to print money and everything else it does.

Now a lot of private companies are engaging in the same practices of claiming to be broke and losing money to justify not paying their employees a decent wage....yet they are still operating.

Instead of underpaying or overpaying American workers and/or forcing them to work in unsafe conditions, companies outsourced the work to other countries with relaxed labor laws.

Companies are providing American workers with the bare minimum required to maintain their legitimacy in the USA.

American people have to open their eyes to realize the game that's being played.

Technically, nobody in America should be poor. Not in the beacon on the hill. The most developed country on the planet. 

The system in its current incarnation is doing a masterful job in keeping people dazed and confused. 😎

ProfD

Not even the racist *founding fathers* didn't design the system to work as it currently does.

The system that's in place right now is NOT the same system that was established by George Washington, Patrick Henry, and the boys...lol.

Under THEIR system...which was still racist and sexist...the CONSTITUTION was pretty much the only law.

Under THIS system, you don't know WHAT the hell the "law" is.

And that's the way they want it.

I don't see it pretending.  The gov't is blatantly allowing capitalists to call the shots. Besides, it's *their* interests the gov't uses to print money and everything else it does.

I'm not sure if you've ever been broke before...lol...you seem too smart to end up in that situation unless you grew up poor like Troy.
However if you have......

When you were broke did YOU have millions and billions of dollars to give away to other people?

Instead of underpaying or overpaying American workers and/or forcing them to work in unsafe conditions, companies outsourced the work to other countries with relaxed labor laws.

From what I'm seeing, they are doing both and then some.

Actually they are:

1. Working the shit out of most American citizens who DO work, for less pay and less safe conditions.

2. Outsourcing jobs to other developing nations

3. Bringing in illegal immigrants by the millions to replace American workers

Technically, nobody in America should be poor. Not in the beacon on the hill. The most developed country on the planet. 

In every nation you NEED a certain amount of poor people to keep things operating.

Give Kamala a chance! No one thought much of Lyndon Baines Johnson either. But he proved the critics, the racists and the doubters wrong after he was thrust into the role of POTUS following the assassination of JFK. 

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not sure if you've ever been broke before...lol...you seem too smart to end up in that situation...

I grew up in the hood and made it out.

Actually they are:

1. Working the shit out of most American citizens who DO work, for less pay and less safe conditions.

2. Outsourcing jobs to other developing nations

3. Bringing in illegal immigrants by the millions to replace American workers

Americans have the power to change those conditions. 

In every nation you NEED a certain amount of poor people to keep things operating.

Absolutely not.

We throw away more than we can consume.

There's no reason for people to be poor or in poverty anywhere on this planet. 

Human greed is the only reason those conditions  exists.😎

Stefan

Give Kamala a chance! No one thought much of Lyndon Baines Johnson either. But he proved the critics, the racists and the doubters wrong after he was thrust into the role of POTUS following the assassination of JFK. 

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing Kamala in the White House as our president.

She's obviously intelligent and capable or she wouldn't have ended up as Vice.
Not to mention she's an attractive woman I wouldn't mind looking at for another 8 years.

Certainly, she wouldn't be worse than our other 2 current choices.

I saw a Newsweek article the other day that actually suggested that Biden step aside and endorse Governor Gretchen Whitmore of Michigan to run for President.

ProfD

Americans have the power to change those conditions. 

Absolutely!
They also had to power to NOT let things degenerate to where they are, but they didn't use that power....lol.
This makes me wonder how committed most Americans really are to actually changing those conditions.

There's no reason for people to be poor or in poverty anywhere on this planet. 

A Capitalist or predominately Capitalist based society such as the United States, Canada, and Western Europe need a certain amount of poor people to:

1. Keep the economy going
2. Keep the economy progressing

Why?

Because they provide the manual labor necessary to keep the infrastructure going and basic services like gas stations, stores, and other things operating.

If everyone had enough money to stop working for...say 6 months...most WOULD....and the economy would collapse.

Take the Capitalist incentive away and then you'll need DESPOTISM and SLAVERY to force people to work in order to maintain a certain system.

Human greed is the only reason those conditions  exists.

Not entirely.

Some people are poor because of laziness and poor decisions in life.

Not all....but a lot.

Other's are poor because of mental deficiencies.

There are many reasons you have poverty....not just because of greedy people and injustice, although they are factors too.

14 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing Kamala in the White House as our president.

She's obviously intelligent and capable or she wouldn't have ended up as Vice.

I believe VP Kamala Harris is an intelligent woman.

However, intelligence is not a prerequisite for higher political office. There's no shortage of proof i.e. dumb people currently sitting in leadership positions.

I saw a Newsweek article the other day that actually suggested that Biden step aside and endorse Governor Gretchen Whitmore of Michigan to run for President.

I believe Democrats would prefer Gov. Whitmore or Gov. Gavin Newsome over VP Harris.

Absolutely!
They also had to power to NOT let things degenerate to where they are, but they didn't use that power....lol.
This makes me wonder how committed most Americans really are to actually changing those conditions.

Most people don't need much more than basic needs met in order to be comfortable. The system provides it for the most part. 

A Capitalist or predominately Capitalist based society such as the United States, Canada, and Western Europe need a certain amount of poor people...

Take the Capitalist incentive away and then you'll need DESPOTISM and SLAVERY to force people to work in order to maintain a certain system.

There's zero poverty in oil rich countries. No collapse. 

Capitalistic countries are slowly replacing labor force with technology...robots and AI.

Hopefully, we will  live long enough to see if the economy collapses or civil war breaks out.

I'm betting the US will become a huge welfare state in the future.

Adult US citizens will be provided with a UBI (Universal Basic Income). Enough *money* to cover basic necessities. The UBI will be supplemented by working whatever job an individual can find or the business they create. 

Oil rich countries and Nordic countries are examples of what I foresee happening here in America. 

Some people are poor because of laziness and poor decisions in life.

Not all....but a lot.

Other's are poor because of mental deficiencies.

Sure. Those issues can be addressed by insuring that people who need the most help get it. 😎

ProfD

Most people don't need much more than basic needs met in order to be comfortable. The system provides it for the most part. 

You may be overlooking 2 major factors in what makes people comfortable:

1. In this system of so-called "white supremacy", most White folks aren't comfortable with people of color having their basic needs met and DEFINITELY aren't comfortable with an economy that puts people of color on and even economic playing field with them.

If the system is providing this....they will DISMANTLE that system and replace it with a system of IN-justice.

2. When it comes to most people in general, they are happy and comfortable with what they SEE.
But ever when they see somebody who has more than them, then that jealousy and envy kicks in and they are no longer comfortable and satisfied with just what they have...even if it's sustaining them.

Just having a clean car that runs isn't enough....even if the government is giving it to you.
You want a BENZ if that dude down the street has one.
Especially if your lady keeps turning her head and looking at him every time he drives by the crib...lol.

There's zero poverty in oil rich countries. No collapse. 

?
Are you talking about those Gulf nations like Oman and Qatar and Saudi?

I'm not sure but I heard those places had poor and desperate people from all over the world flocking there to work and living in squalor.
Living in tents, on the street, being abused and treated like trash by the royal families.

Sounds like Capitalism on steroids...lol.

Oil rich countries and Nordic countries are examples of what I foresee happening here in America. 

Not sure about the oil rich nations but the only reason the Nordic nations can live so wealthily and peacefully is BECAUSE nations like the United States...full of people of color...are protecting them with our military and doing most of the manufacturing work that provides them with the goods they need.

The lower Western nations are doing the grunt work so that the blondes of Sweden and Norway can sit around drinking coffee and stare at the mountains in peace.

We're protecting them so they don't have to spend their money on the military.

Sure. Those issues can be addressed by insuring that people who need the most help get it.

Ok.
Now...who's going to give it to them?

If everyone has money and doesn't have to work, who's going to run the hospitals and clean the beds and clean the toilets that these people will be using and wrestling with them to take their medication?

38 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

1. In this system of so-called "white supremacy", most White folks aren't comfortable with people of color having their basic needs met and DEFINITELY aren't comfortable with an economy that puts people of color on and even economic playing field with them.

White folks definitely aren't interested in a level playing field. They will do whatever it takes to maintain the system of racism white supremacy.

However, as long as white folks know they are being provided with more than non-white folks they'll be fine. 

2. When it comes to most people in general, they are happy and comfortable with what they SEE.
But ever when they see somebody who has more than them, then that jealousy and envy kicks in and they are no longer comfortable and satisfied with just what they have...even if it's sustaining them.

Just having a clean car that runs isn't enough....even if the government is giving it to you.
You want a BENZ if that dude down the street has one.
Especially if your lady keeps turning her head and looking at him every time he drives by the crib...lol.

That's a deeper psychological issue of self-esteem.

Are you talking about those Gulf nations like Oman and Qatar and Saudi?

I'm

Look at the poverty rate statistics by country.

Not sure about the oil rich nations but the only reason the Nordic nations can live so wealthily and peacefully is BECAUSE nations like the United States...full of people of color...are protecting them with our military and doing most of the manufacturing work that provides them with the goods they need.

Oil rich and Nordic nations and other countries live peacefully without being impoverished because they are homogeneous.

If everyone has money and doesn't have to work, who's going to run the hospitals and clean the beds and clean the toilets that these people will be using and wrestling with them to take their medication?

There's a huge diffence between having to work in order to survive and wanting to work as an avocation.

There will always be people who want to work. Look no further than volunteerism. 😎

ProfD

However, as long as white folks know they are being provided with more than non-white folks they'll be fine. 

And that's another issue in and of itself.
Because many if not most White folks are never "sure" they are really doing better than the Black folks down the street.
Many of them are so paranoid that Black folks will catch up or surpass them the have to constantly come up with tricks and schemes and laws to keep Black wealth and power in check.

Our Creativity is so powerful that no matter what they do, some of us STILL rise above the obstacles they throw in our path.
Knowing this, some of them have gotten so psychotic and desperate that they promote a "final solution" to ensure the lack of Black success.
I was watching a program on Youtube the other week and some racists were up there talking about they don't even want to keep Black folks as SLAVES anymore...lol.
They preferred the South East Asians and Latino workers who gave them less problems.
Damn!

Look at the poverty rate statistics by country.

I'm not sure if you can trust most of the stats coming out of those nations because they may be highly skewed.

For example in many Gulf nations, the vast majority of the residents are NOT citizens but are foreign workers who are granted temporary visas so they aren't counted as part of the population or included in the statistics.

When it comes to a lot of these nations....
I trust their economic statistics about as much as I trust their crime statistics...lol.

If it's not happening downtown in the Capital city....it "didn't happen"....lol.

There will always be people who want to work. Look no further than volunteerism. 

True.
Based on my observations, most volunteers are people who are already financially set and well off and are bored and looking for something to do.
Not that what most of them are doing isn't a good thing.

Helping others is a good thing whether you're getting paid to do it or doing it for free.

But most of them have plenty of money already and pick and choose WHO they help, HOW they help, and the hours they put in helping.

What we know for sure, most people aren't going to be Mother Thereas...lol.

VP Kamala Harris showed up to commemorate the Selma bridge crossing. 

VP Harris spends the 1st 7 minutes of her speech talking about the Gaza conflict:

We don't hear any other group of people talking about AfroAmericans during commemorations and/or when addressing issues affecting them.

Yet, Democrats are wondering why Black voters are becoming disenfranchised with them.   

To express their feelings regarding the Gaza conflict, several thousand Muslims voted Uncommitted in a Michigan Democratic primary.  That's how a group of people exercises political power and gets their attention.

We have a person of color as Vice President and she chose to use an AfroAmerican commemorative event to talk about an issue that has nothing to do with us.😎

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:17 PM, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 I don’t think citizenship is a requirement for being counted in the census. 

It probably depends on the nation.
Different nations have different standards.

Just like the standards for citizenship varies.
Not every nation.....infact MOST nations....don't automatically grant citizenship to someone simply because they were born on the soil like the United States does.

ProfD

I think we be listening to the same social media channels....lol.

19 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

I think we be listening to the same social media channels....lol.

Probably so especially it's within New Black Media.😎

• Thanks 1

I watched some of Kamala‘s video. She looked quite presidential, striding up to the podium.

I know @Pioneer1 was feening 😍 over the sister with the red hair and the white dress who greeted Kamala.

I think Harris spent so much time talking about Gaza because the perception is Black people don’t like the US funding Israel’s bombardment over Gaza. So her speech was an attempt to create a counter narrative.

Yeah, I think she would’ve been better served not addressing the issue at all particularly at that event. 

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Shout out to Professor Black Truth...lol

I checked out this brother on YouTube. I heard him before. I saw the video about Kamala’s speech but the algorithm put the video about Wendy Williams and Puff Daddy ahead of it so I’ll listened to a few minutes of it.

There was a lot I did not know about their respective situations and I’m glad. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

I think Harris spent so much time talking about Gaza because the perception is Black people don’t like the US funding Israel’s bombardment over Gaza. So her speech was an attempt to create a counter narrative.

Yeah, I think she would’ve been better served not addressing the issue at all particularly at that event. 

Black are indifferent about the US funding these conflicts (Gaza and Ukrainian) because those are not our fight/struggle.

VP Kamala Harris like every other BIFO (Black in face only) person showed up to a Black commemorative event in full shill mode.

Unless FBA continuously calls out this foolish, it will keep happening.  BIFOs are like whack-a-moles.😁😎

Troy

I know @Pioneer1 was feening 😍 over the sister with the red hair and the white dress who greeted Kamala.

Not a bad sista at all...lol.
She seems intelligent and obviously know HOW to act, lol.

Even if you're with a hood rat, you can still take her places if she atleast knows HOW to act and carry herself.

Well.....
Among those AfroAmericans who are aware and keen on global politics, no most DON'T like it at all.
However they make up a minority of most AfroAmericans.

The reality is, most AfroAmericans don't care what's going on overthere.
They are too preoccupied with trying to live their day to day lives in an increasingly stressful society and workplace in the United States.

And a smaller but growing minority of AfroAmericans....as exemplified by Professor Black Truth....KNOW what's going on overthere but feel that we shouldn't focus our attention on it but on other matters more pertinent to us and our needs.
Especially given the racism Black people have historically faced from both Jews and Arabs.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:19 AM, Pioneer1 said:

The reality is, most AfroAmericans don't care what's going on overthere.
They are too preoccupied with trying to live their day to day lives in an increasingly stressful society and workplace in the United States.

And a smaller but growing minority of AfroAmericans....as exemplified by Professor Black Truth....KNOW what's going on overthere but feel that we shouldn't focus our attention on it but on other matters more pertinent to us and our needs.

Politicians pander to AfroAmericans when it's time vote. 

Some other groups of people feel like AfroAmericans should be empathic to their issues. 

Nope.  AfroAmericans should not be lending their voices to and/or putting on the cape for any other group of people. 

None of those people has ever spoken up for or come to the rescue of AfroAmericans. 

They can save the empty rhetoric about donating to and/or joining NAACP or National Urban League, 

Yet, those same groups of people once relocated to the US will set up businesses in AfroAmerican communities.  

Let them fight their own battles and settle their own affairs. AfroAmericans should remain apathetic.😎

On top of what ProfD just said, I'm also a huge supporter of CONTRACTS between parties.....including SOCIAL CONTRACTS.

In other words, if you want US to do this for YOU....then YOU must do this for US.

No more unconditional support for other groups simply because they are of color or even share the same color.
I support letting these other groups know CLEARLY that if you want the support of FBA/AfroAmericans.....then you need to support our fight for Reparations, and if you're going to sleep with our women then we need to be able to sleep with yours.  
If you want us to support your businesses then you need to support ours.

19 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1 

So you support a contract between peoples in the usa. The first question in my mind is what legal apparatus can this work in the usa?

Maybe you have researched this concept. Do you know of a social contract example in usa history, similar to as you suggest. 

I can't think of one.

Yes, I've engaged in MANY of them personally.

The protocol is simple......

You and I get together and agree that if I do this for you....you'll do this for me.
One of us will initiate.

Say I do the thing for you.
Now you'll either do for me....or you won't.
If you fail to do it, I simply won't do business anymore.
If you honor your agreement, we'll continue to do business.....lol.

It's really not that complicated.
As AfroAmericans we collectively in various groups in various locations make deals with other groups in those locations to support eachother and a circumstance by circumstance basis.
If they fail to support us....we won't support them, simple as that.

No need to sit up cussing and crying and sitting in the corner with your lips poked out mumbling something about why don't nobody want to support you or help you when you need it.
If the people you made an agreement with FAIL to honor their end of the bargain....cut them off and move on to the next group.
Soon....word will spread....trust me!

2 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1

I probably confused you with my questions. I Will ask again.

What legal apparatus in the usa can the social contract , as you describe it, work?

Can you give an example in the history of the usa of such a contract as you describe it? 

It's social...so it operates OUTSIDE of the law.

• Like 1