Solar Eclipse Roll Call

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/total-solar-eclipse-04-08-24-scn/index.html

I believe today's solar eclipse came and went without too much fanfare beyond millions of people staring at the sky wearing paper glasses with cellophane lens.😁

Folks who had the best seats along the path of totality had 4 minutes to witness the event.

It will take 20 years for that particular solar eclipse to come back around.

@aka Contrarian already mentioned that she'll check back Tuesday. Sooner is fine too.

Paging @Chevdove to the deck.🤣

This is a post-eclipse roll call. Check in and let us know you were not abducted or affected in one way or another. 😎

• Haha 1

I kept up with the progress of the solar eclipse by watching a local TV channel which was originating its broadcast from Chicago's Adler Planetarium where a crowd of sky watchers had converged. This station was also keeping the viewers up to date on what was happening at locations all over the country where the eclipse was best visible, so I got to get a good view of it from the  Carbondale site in downstate Illinois. The announcer there actually choked up during the "corona" moment when the sun was  totally eclipsed and the huge crowd amassed there in temporary darkness broke out in cheers and applause. I, myself, felt moved as, where I was,  got rather dim. A few minutes prior to that, I had gone outside and looked up at the sun through my special glasses  but all I could discern in my area was a bright glare. Yet  my dog seemed transfixed and unusually quiet. And I actually did feel at one with the Universe and conscious of my existence and how wondrous Life is.

Now, I'm back to whatever it is I'm back to. Tomorrow is another day. Or is it? It seemed like only yesterday when I'd stood in my front yard watching the 2017 solar eclipse. When told the next one would be in 2024, I chuckled, thinking I wouldnt be around to witness it. HaHa the joke's on me! 😜 💫

• Like 1

I was in path of totality in 2017. I drove to Clemson, SC.  For the event or was partly cloudy during the full eclipse the sun dipped behind a cloud.

In my neck of the woods it was 66% coverage. I donned my glasses from 2017 the sun looked like a crescent moon. If I were going about my normal day I probably would not have noticed the partial eclipse.

I think I've come down with a case of post traumatic eclipse syndrome. Ever sense the event, I've been feeling light headed and off kilter. Hummmm.

Well, I had a good run. If I go to sleep and don't wake up, it's been real, Folks. Fun and interesting hangin out with ya. Check ya later. Maybe. 😀🫶

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'd like to see what this new "era" brings.

Don't get your hopes up too high.  Most everything will remain the same.😉

This was the equivalent of a muted fireworks display. 

Instead of waiting until next year for it to happen again, it's 20 years.😁😎

I wonder if there will be a forum in 20 years.

For those of us who live long enough and have our marbles the time will go quickly.

What happens in the next 20 years will be far more interesting than any solar eclipse.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:58 PM, aka Contrarian said:

Well, I had a good run. If I go to sleep and don't wake up, it's been real, Folks. Fun and interesting hangin out with ya. Check ya later. Maybe. 😀🫶

Well, if you're planning on going "to sleep" and not waking up.....then you better HURRY UP and apologize for all of the insults and nasty things you'd said to me over the years!

You don't want to try to make your way to that "upper room" with all of THAT baggage weighing you down!

Hurry up and apologize!

It's not too late!

Make haste!

Run swiftly!

I actually believe that the 2017 Total Solar Eclipse was more spectacular than this one of 2024.

I saw them both as a partial eclipse where I was located.

I saw the 2017 eclipse when I was in Florida and unlike this one, it became kind of dark, the street lights came on and the birds 

became confused and started chirping. 

NEVERTHELESS I think that this Total Solar eclipse that moved across North America and reached totality in certain areas was very significant for several reasons. 

I think that it is very significant because it occurred around the time of the Vernal equinox in April which is an ancient leap month every three years for some ancient civilizations. 

But more importantly, I think that the comet, Pons Brooks that also moved through our solar system and has positioned itself close to our sun during this time is very interesting. Like the recent ZTF comet it is also a green comet. And this time I got a better pair of binoculars!

Unlike mostly all scientist of this western world, I do not believe in what they profess in that this comet and most of them do not affect our planet earth. I believe that is very misleading! As soon as this comet came close to our planet, the volcano in Iceland erupted again and without warning. Experts did not for-see this eruption that occurred weeks ago. 

Two days ago, on APRIL 17, their was a major earthquake in Japan and a volcano eruption in Northern Indonesia of which the volcano erupted at least four times. And this comet is moving and will its closest to the sun on April 21! It seems to get energized from the sun. The sun is like a fuel station so-to-speak.

It will be its closest to our earth on June 2, 2024. 

So, many may believe it is a coincidence, but i believe the ancient priest-scientist in that some comets do affect our earth.

Also, the Lyrid meteor shower is occurring right now and will peak April 22 at around the same time this comet will get the closest to the sun. 

Additionally, on April 21, there will be a large planetary alignment. But last year this meteor shower and another one was more brilliant as it was radiating. 

Finally, and although this seems to be a secret, ancient scriptures say that this week was actually the Feast of Tabernacles and the time of the birth of Christ. So wehn you are driving at night, you might see seveal houses lit up with Christmas lights. 

There is so much more amazing facts about the Pons Brooks comettoo, that I hope to learn about and share. 

Right now, it is located in the Constellation Taurus and rises and is position low in the sky on the celestial equator and is not too far from the planet Jupiter. 

This is so fascinating to me! Last year, scientist saw this comet around February 2023 and knew that it would arrive in our inner solar system at this time.

It came from some where in the outer space and moved past the ancient planets  and now it is about 240,000,000 miles from our sun. That means it is much closer than Jupiter. 

Because it exploded and expanded, it is now visible with the naked eye and looks like any star. However, it looks like a comet with a tail in binoculars and it looks like an elongated green jewel in the night sky. 

Oh Yes! I forgot about the flooding in Dubai too!

It also occurred on April 17 [i.e. April 16 @ 6:00 PM]. 

It is said that this area usually gets only about 4 or 5 inches of rain in a year on average.

But in one day a huge amount of rainfall occurred recently. 

Oh yes, it is also interesting to note as well that this is the day, April 17, of the Biblical deluge. It was recorded to have happened some 4000 years ago!  

So, even though this sort of science is not highlighted in the western world, it would be good to regard 

the ancient script in how the moving stars also are tied to this historic date. The Star of Bethlehem came into our solar system on this very day about 2000 years ago! Interestingly too, and for weeks now, the incredible planet Jupiter is in the sky and nearby the comet Pons-Brooks. I believe that we are living in an amazing era and are experiencing some incredible phenomena!

============================================================================= 

Storm dumps heaviest rain ever recorded in desert nation of UAE, flooding roads and Dubai’s airport  

The state-run WAM news agency called the rain “a historic weather event” that

surpassed “anything documented since the start of data collection in 1949.”

That’s before the discovery of crude oil in this energy-rich nation then part of

a British protectorate known as the Trucial States. 

A van passes through standing water in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Tuesday, April 16, 2024. Heavy rains lashed the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday, flooding out portions of major highways and leaving vehicles abandoned on roadways across Dubai. Meanwhile, the death toll in separate heavy flooding in neighboring Oman rose to 18 with others still missing as the sultanate prepared for the storm. (AP Photo/Jon Gambrell)

A van passes through standing water in Dubai, United Arab Emirates,

April 16. (AP Photo/Jon Gambrell)

https://apnews.com/article/uae-oman-rains-flooding-fatalities-7bf3881efbea998dfa4c1ed8d538217c

'Apocalyptic' Dubai floods shake picture-perfect city

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68844405

Heavy rains negatively affect daily life in UAE

TOPSHOT-UAE-BAHRAIN-OMAN-WEATHER

TOPSHOT-UAE-BAHRAIN-OMAN-WEATHER

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/dubai-rain

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:48 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Well, if you're planning on going "to sleep" and not waking up.....then you better HURRY UP and apologize for all of the insults and nasty things you'd said to me over the years!

You don't want to try to make your way to that "upper room" with all of THAT baggage weighing you down!

@Pioneer1: just for record: "all the insults and nasty things" I've said to you "over the years" were in response your repeated attempts to insult and ridicule me.

I'm posting this to provide closure in case you're recuperating from slitting your wrists because frankster got the last word in your recent debate about the complexion of Muhammad - or in case "I go to sleep and don't wake up".  🙄 zzzzzzz

LOL!

Okay, I am going to divert from topic for a moment due to the previous post!

I saw this short clip and I am thinking . . . 

Okay, back to post about recent star phenomena happening this month.

Also on April 20, 2024 was a large planetary alignment, a rare one. 

Although I did not tune too much, I did see some of the planets and it 

was spectacular for what I saw. However, I've seen a couple of complete

alignments in the past. 

A large planetary alignment is distinct from a complete alignment because it involves 

about 4 or 5 planets. But what is unique about some alignments is the particular position 

and arrangement and degree that they are in configuration.

and although western scientist think it is nonsense to believe these alignments can cause earthquakes or volcano eruptions, but

I think they are not truthful at all. It depends on the position of the planets whether or not they can affect our earth planet. 

This alignment just happened to occur at the same time another earthquake hit Taiwan. So yes, I do believe that the comet and this

alignment does have something to do with these recent phenomena. 

• Thanks 1

“Parade of Planets” in April. What will a rare astronomical event look like?

Volodymyr Maňko 19.04.2024

infographics-en-1024x614.jpg

https://universemagazine.com/en/parade-of-planets-in-april-what-will-a-rare-astronomical-event-look-like/

Before finally disappearing from the evening sky and starting the conjunction with the Sun, the planets Jupiter and Uranus will be half a degree apart from each other from the point of view of ground observers. This will happen on April 20, and this event will indicate another interesting planetary configuration: all the large planets of the Solar System will gather in the ecliptic sector of a little over 66° in size. This happens quite rarely, but, unfortunately, it will be almost impossible to see it. Let’s try to figure out why.

https://universemagazine.com/en/parade-of-planets-in-april-what-will-a-rare-astronomical-event-look-like/

Taiwan: Magnitude-5.1 offshore earthquake occurs south of Hualien City at around 10:40 April 21

https://crisis24.garda.com/alerts/2024/04/taiwan-magnitude-51-offshore-earthquake-occurs-south-of-hualien-city-at-around-1040-april-21

A day later, after shocks occurred. Some reports say more than 80 earthquakes have occurred yesterday... 

On April 2, 2024, one of the strongest earthquakes in that area occurred. So the quake that occurred on April 21 and the aftershocks are not as strong but powerful nonetheless. 

=================================== 

5 earthquakes strike Taiwan within 9 minutes

Taiwan earthquake: Over 80 quakes hit east coast in 24 hours, 6.3 magnitude strongest | Top 10 updates

1 min read 23 Apr 2024, 09:01 AM IST

More than 80 earthquakes hit Taiwan's east coast in the past 24 hours that also shook buildings in the capital Taipei, the island's weather administration said. The strongest quake recorded a magnitude of 6.3. The epicenter was largely the rural eastern county of Hualien, where a 7.2 magnitude earthquake on April 3 claimed the lives of at least 14 people, and there were over 1,000 aftershocks since then. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/taiwan-earthquake-over-80-quakes-hit-east-coast-in-24-hours-6-3-magnitude-strongest-top-10-updates-11713840367404.html

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2024 at 3:31 AM, aka Contrarian said:

I'm posting this to provide closure in case you're recuperating from slitting your wrists because frankster got the last word in your recent debate about the complexion of Muhammad - or in case "I go to sleep and don't wake up".  🙄 zzzzzzz

That's not it.
I'm not that "tender"....lol.

Simply put..........
As I get older....the less I like wasting my time.