Donald Trump could be the next President.

I don't think Trump is a shoo-in for re-election.  For one thing, he will be too old - approaching 80 and Republicans will be leery about this.  But he will have laid the groundwork for a predecessor to continue the Conservative agenda which will drastically change the American zeitgeist.

I think, in the process of change and resistance, "Americans" will one day look around and suddenly realize that, right under their noses, the country will have evolved into a land where people of like minds will have congregated in certain states which will operate independently, no longer beholden to the central government or its laws.  Who the president is, will be incidental.  This will be a gradual process in a world where change will be occurring on every level.  Me? Hopefully my ashes will have been scattered in a flower bed where i will nurture the soil from which petals will annually bloom.  🌼

33 minutes ago, Cynique said:

think, in the process of change and resistance, "Americans" will one day look around and suddenly realize that, right under their noses, the country will have evolved into a land where people of like minds will have congregated in certain states which will operate independently, no longer beholden to the central government or its laws.  Who the president is, will be incidental.  This will be a gradual process in a world where change will be occurring on every level

WOW, sister Cynique, very, very interesting perception using all five of your senses.  Thanks!

A bold US government agenda requires an even bolder approach to disseminate, they’ve set the state of American delusion.  Any new rhetoric of impeachment, removal need only a few steps forward to encourage an overconfident congress.

Impeachment legislation just short of votes to get it passed will be enough to give American’s a good night’s sleep, followed by more rhetoric.  It’s worked for them before, it’ll work again.

Congress, the GOP, and the Democrats couldn’t care less about democracy and the American people. They figure not even the children and elderly into their equation of autocracy.  Don’t fool yourself, Democrats were the first true autocrats and neither side never really shared ideas of the US Constitution.  Treasonous traitor Donald Trump simply amplifies ultimate intentions of white leadership by covertly allowing Russian influence into our government. 

Perhaps it’s time for America to freshen-up on details of “Das Kapital, The Communist Manifesto, State and Revolution” text for comparative analysis.  You may find it's America under another name.  

@Cynique: Yes, my initial wishful thinking was based on the Russian investigation and Trump's behavior in office, not silly assessment of the behavior of planetary alignment; I failed to include Congress and the GOP base in that assessment.   Not only does he still have "a lot of support out there," his support in Congress is strongest.  Now, I strongly doubt an impeachment will happen before November; and if it does, he won't be removed before 2019.  If he's removed at all that is.  That's why I now know that $50 dollar bet with brother Troy is a win for his favorite charity, money well lost.  

@Troy: What I took away, brother, was two white leaders of the most powerful countries on earth used 'stomping grounds' of their white counterparts to show the world how matters (will) should be.  What they accomplished was rebel rousing white folk sitting on the sidelines.  What happened at the summit was great for white folk worldwide, a warning to humanitarians and equality sympathizers, and a message for Black/Brown people worldwide.  What did you take away?  

@Del It's not about  what's legal and how guilty  or disapproved of Trump is. It's not that simple. It's about the upheavel that will erupt if any attempt is made to remove him from office and how inhibiting the prospect of this could be.   Justice being served is not guaranteed when those who seek it are not empowered. Though luke warm, Republicans who are in the majority, are still making excuses for Trump.  There are also those who think his crimes do not rise to the level of what is required for impeachment. Plus, there's already a major battle brewing to get his supreme court nominee confirmed, something that could get a statute approved to exempt a sitting president from being indicted while in office. Chaos could be eminent  in the form  of months of legal haggling tying up the government. Democrats don't seem inclined to do anything but censure Trump, knowing that the country could be on the brink of  a modern day civil war.  Stability is their priority, and they are more focused on upcoming elections as a way of fighting back.

Trump's support comes from his fanatical following of Americans who think like he does, who are encouraged by the upswing of the economy, who along with his conservative right wing base are opposed to immigration and of the opinion that America is being played by its allies in Europe who  they claim are not pulling their weight and paying their dues and that NATO is obsolete, all of which are true to some degree. These gun lovers and evangelicals and neo-nazis and homophobic racists are tired of  Mueller's probe which has gone on for over a year and they love the way Trump is smearing the hated Press.  They also are not panicked by a trade war which  will benefit as much as damage America.    Finally, these idiots like the way Trump is thumbing his nose at convention and touting a return to making "American Great Again".  Social Media is crawling with them and their loyalty to Trump is solid. 

Now, it's your turn to give your esteemed scenario of what is about to happen.  Again i reiterate that i will have no problem with being wrong on my prediction that Trump will not be impeached.

No, i can't find anyone who approved of his news conference with Putin.  But I tend to think his national security advisor John bolton, may not have had a problem with Trump's performance because Trump echoed everything Bolton has said in the past.  Also Rudy Guiliani thinks Trump can do no wrong.

16 minutes ago, Cynique said:

It's about the upheavel that will erupt if any attempt is made to remove him from office and how inhibiting the prospect of this could be

Yeah, sister, brother Troy and I discussed the possibility of a civil war should Trump be removed by an act of Congress.  Though he disagreed with much of my theory, he concurred with the possibility.  As have many other people; I've since shied away as such can be misconstrued as inciting a riot, or worse.  Indeed, that's scary, to say the least; more so now than before.  Notwithstanding Trump's impeachment/removal, when America awakes from its slumber to realize the state of affairs, mainly economic, all hell's going to break loose.  The national guard, militarized police, and Homeland Security, etc., is going to face a crisis that'll change or destroy America.  Just my opinion, of course!

• Like 1

don't tell me what's possible. Just show me one post or just admit you can't find one. 

@Troy

@Cynique

@Pioneer1

16 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Delano The answer is yes you can find an opinion to support anything  on the net -- you know this.  But that doesn't mean anything.  

If you can't find one that means something. 

Find one or say you can't. 

Troy you will say it is not worth the time to prove something everyone knows is true. 

Except that is not true.There has been bipartisan criticism. 

9 minutes ago, Delano said:

don't tell me what's possible. Just show me one post or just admit you can't find one

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

No, i can't find anyone who approved of Trump's news conference with Putin.  But I tend to think his national security advisor John bolton, may not have had a problem with Trump's performance because Trump echoed everything Bolton has said in the past.  Also Rudy Guiliani thinks Trump can do no wrong.

I admitted i couldn't find a specific post on the net -  because i'm not  going looking for one.  But Sean Hannity on Fox news approved of Trump's news conference.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ @Delano this took 5 seconds to find. 

Rand Paul sides with Trump on Russia, says critics 'motivated' by dislike of president.

“Republicans that are making the criticism are either the pro-war Republicans like McCain and Graham or the anti-Trump ones like Sasse … They are motivated by their persistent and consistent dislike of the president.

Rand Paul is a Senator from Kentucky

Now what do you have to say?

For the record, thought it was literally 5 seconds, it was not worth my time, but I did it because it was you. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

@Del It's not about  what's legal and how guilty  or disapproved of Trump is

I believe Mueller's will lead to criminal charges. Treason is against the rule of law.

Congress has legislated the largest transfer of wealth using the tax code. So it's clear where their allegiances lie. However Trump has and continues to cross a line with Putin. Treason can't be spun. Which is why Rand is the only congressman supporting Trump News Conference with Putin.

Cynique Trump supporters will follow him no matter what he does. Because the world the used to dominate is coming to a close. 

I would say that there are several civil wars concurrently happening in the Untied States.

Here's Paul Rand's comment. 

Sen. Rand Paul said on Monday that the conversation around Russian interference in the 2016 US election and President Donald Trump's break with the intelligence community on the issue was misdirected and animated by anti-Trump animus.

"Any country that can spy does, and any country that can meddle in foreign elections does," the Kentucky Republican said on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."
He continued, "All countries are doing this, but we've elevated this to a higher degree, and we've made this all about the sour grapes of Hillary Clinton losing the election, and it's all about partisan politics now. This is truly the Trump derangement syndrome that motivates all of this."

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said the notion of impeaching Trump will not be addressed…unless Democrats retake the House in the upcoming midterm elections. Fox News’ Chad Pergram tweeted about it. There’s been an uproar from pretty much everyone on the Hill over President Trump’s Helsinki meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, in which many are accusing the president of botching the moment to address Russia’s 2016 election interference.  Just came across this piece of info.  WARNING, THIS COULD BE FAKE NEWS!  But I doubt it.

@Delano I suspect my Google query skills are probably better than yours; I used a time filter on my query. I did not have to go past page one (again it took me 5 seconds of effort). 

Rand is not the only prominent Republic supporting Trump's statements. I'm confident I could find others, but I suspect you'd just give me another hoop to jump if I produced one.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano I suspect my Google query skills are probably better than yours; I used a time filter on my query. I did not have to go past page one (again it took me 5 seconds of effort). 

Rand is not the only prominent Republic supporting Trump's statements. I'm confident I could find others, but I suspect you'd just give me another hoop to jump if I produced one.

They definitely are because I don't use Google. 

I used a 24 hour time range. Plus there are only 10 entries in a page. The other person who was supportive was the Australian Prime Minister. 

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Whatever.  The Republican faithful are all weighing in, doing damage control and making up excuses for their fearless leader. United they'll stand because that secures their power base.

We are you getting your news? 

3 hours ago, Troy said:

@Cynique, absolutely. It is all about secure and maintaining power

Exactly. You can steal from Americans and you can steal from the poor. Trump is selling the office of the President to foreigners. The money goes out if the system. American politics is a political bazaar. Politicians arr constantly selling influence. Trump is being democratic with his plutocratic approach. 

You u are reading me and possibly  the situation incorrectly. 

Time will tell. 

Del I'm afraid to admit I'm a "Google House Nigga."  As much as I complain about Amazon and social media, Google is the real Massa of this here Internet.  Google can put me on the whipping post or allow me to enjoy the craps of heir dominance.

I make far more money from Google than I do from the sale of books... Let that sit with you for a minute.

11 minutes ago, Troy said:

"Google House Nigga."

"Right-on" to the miserable profits of being a bought and sold member of the house, welcome.  But what are your long plan(s) when the 'Massa (master') house burns down?   Think it'll all be worth it?

16 hours ago, Cynique said:

Whatever.  The Republican faithful are all weighing in, doing damage control and making up excuses for their fearless leader. United they'll stand because that secures their power base.

Damn it, again, making us guys look like complete idiots!  Am I the only one listening to you here?  As I previously posted:

On 7/17/2018 at 1:58 PM, Kalexander2 said:

Any new rhetoric of impeachment, removal need only a few steps forward to encourage an overconfident congress.

Impeachment legislation just short of votes to get it passed will be enough to give American’s a good night’s sleep, followed by more rhetoric.  It’s worked for them before, it’ll work again.

"Damage control" is nothing more than the Republicans version of crowd control, BS to help people get a good night's sleep to only have nightmares all day.  

22 hours ago, Delano said:

We are you getting your news?

I'm getting some of my news from CNN whose commentators are tearing their hair out because Republicans are not reining Trump in but are closing ranks around him, because his base is holding fast. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2018 at 3:24 AM, Kalexander2 said:

@Troy, the citation was inserted almost spontaneously; another reason I doubt Delano's expertise and credentials on the subject of astrology - though I understand and, except my doubts could be unfounded; but since he hasn't responded to my inquiry; which he doesn't have to respond if he so chooses as it does nothing except casts more doubt.  

Thanks

@Troy spontaneous plagiarism.

• Haha 1

Trump has made the incredible request of his supporters to not "believe what they are seeing".  And they are so under his spell that they will literally do this and remain in total denial about his corruptness and betrayal. All he has to do is yell "fake news" and they fall in line.  What's significant about this is that his supporters make up half the population of the country.  Removing him from office is not imminent.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

Yeah, but 45 is a new version and will never end up in a federal supermax prison -- no matter what he does. 

July is almost over my friend and the year is already more than half over.

Not only that but Trump's base has been sensitized to the investigation, international affairs, and sexism.  If he goes to prison, and that's a big if, it'll be a 'halfway' like camp or minimum security.  Correction brother, 'July is over,' for all intense and purposes; nothing is going to happen to DT in July.  Any prediction DT will face serious repercussions before the New Year is as ridiculous as the predictor.

59 minutes ago, Cynique said:

What's significant about this is that his supporters make up half the population of the country.  Removing him from office is not imminent.   

Absolutely!  Impeachment is virtually off the table at this point; a criminal indictment will take another year, or two, and even if Dem's take back control of the house, even the new president, Democrat or Republican will most likely pardon DT, or other exonerate him to avoid a historical embarrassment.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Emoluments, Daniels, Campaign Finance, Mueller, possible fraud, misappropriation of charitable donations, coercion, possible tax evasion, sexual assault and possibly treason. Sure you could be right none of this won't stick. So do you think July was a uneventful month for Trump, Trump said whatever I do as president is legal. 

Manafort and Cohen have trials.

Del July was not "uneventful." Fact of the matter is, uneventful would be the last adjective one would use to characterize 45's entire presidency. 

Again I agree with your indictment of 45 I just dont see him begin held accountable -- certainly not before the end of the year.

And if you turn out to be right, then it is a 50 bucks well spent. Plus I'll have whole 'nother level of respect for you predictions. 😉

2 hours ago, Cynique said:

What's significant about this is that his supporters make up half the population of the country.

Sister, Cynique, re-reading your post I'm interested:  Where did you get this information?  I'm under the impression DT's supporters were less than 1/4th of the 'U.S.' population!

@Kalexander2To be honest, i'm getting my info from TV, mostly CNN who show poll results regularly.     i keep hearing that Trump's approval ratings are rising and the last i heard they were more than 60 percent among Republicans and in the 40 percent category among the country at large.  Sooo i don't know how these figures pan out.