Sign in to follow this  
Delano

Serena Williams Cartoon

@Delano you are a trip.  You make an argument with a grossly inaccurate statement like:

On 9/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, Delano said:

the leading cause of death for bkack males is homicide. 

When I prove the statement was completely false, you then turn around and say something like this: 

18 hours ago, Delano said:

you have a hard time believing my statements when my position diverges from yours.

So no Del when you make statement that are demonstrably wrong, I will not agree with them just to keep from being "bit polarised."

Del, I read most of the articles you post and I do my best to understand and respond to your statements on this forum.  This is a demonstrable fact.  Now you may not like or agree with everything that I write in reaction to you, but this is perfectly normal and expected because we are human.

Now you try to drag @Cynique into our conversation as if any disagreement I've had with her is the same as disagreements you, and therefore proof of some deficiency in me.  The flaw in your reasoning is that every argument is different. For example, Cynique does not quote flawed stats. So when I disagree with her the reasons are different, and as you have observed I have no problem changing my position with new information, or seeing something from a different perspective.

Troy if someone disagrees with you you tend to say they dont understand. I have seen you say this to Mel as well. However i could be projecting or you could be mistaken. We shall see

@Delano Yes, your statement was completely wrong!

Why don't you show the entire chart?  Instead you cherry pick a 20 year range representing a minority of deaths.  Rather than simply admitting your error and correcting yourself you dig in and attempt to  justify your claim by taking a narrow band of data despite the fact that the chart shows homicide is less than 5% of all Black deaths.

@Delano we are all wrong from time to time and make misstatements; this is perfectly normal.  Being so stubborn is why you are a climate denier.  The UC Berkeley study may help you understand your reasoning.

@Troy

Firstly it's from the CDC you can check if you dont believe it. 

The leading cause of death for Black Males 16-34 is homicide. 

Its not cherry picking it is called a market segment or target market. I would have thought that would be understandable to you. I overestimated your capacity for  reasoning and comprehension... again. 

No, my friend, you under estimated my knowledge.

Still, even taking your now corrected statement; that is still a poor justification for preferring to be a poor white man than a wealthy Bkack man. 

If you looked at the homicide rates for the Black men in the narrow population you've isolated you'll find the majority of those are poor Black men, not wealthy ones.

Again class trumps race.

White skin can only get you so far. This would be obvious to anyone who left the confines of their middle class enclaves.

@Troyare you going to admit that homicide is leading cause of death for Black males ages 16-34. Or explain how that is totally wrong. 

On 9/17/2018 at 1:48 AM, Troy said:

You make an argument with a grossly inaccurate statement like:

it was imprecise because I didn't mention the age range. Saying it's completely wrong is wrong. Troy you may have multiple degrees but numerical comprehension is not your Forte. 

Chev

Whew! You know there are so many times I have witnessed scenes where in the case of a customer complaining about an employee that the management will support their own employee, but not when it comes to a Black woman. And the insensitive comment of the quote you put, shows how pampered Europeans can be and how supremacist they are in their viewpoint, when it comes to Black women.

History is replete with White women not giving two damns about the mistreatment of women of color.

We can go back to how Lisa Bonet was fired by Bill Cosby for participating in sex scenes in her own movie.

Or to a case in New York that you may remember involving a housekeeping maid from The Carribean who was sexually assaulted in a New York hotel by a rich White man and not only did he get off but none of the women in the media and very few in society came to her defense.

Or how about how Omarosa is currently being treated in the media today.
When Trump called her a dog you would think "metoo" and "times up" would have gotten involved and expressed their outrage, but you could hear crickets from them.

Troy

What is it with Black women and blond hair

Ah careful!
You know how upset Cynique gets at just the thought of a Black man just DARES to criticize or question the mindset of Black women who chose to dye their hair blond, lol.

Maybe your generation, "the greatest generation," was indeed better that ours

I know you put it in quotes, but just to make the point I wouldn't say the Depression Era generation (those born 1920-1944) is the greatest generation, not by a long shot.
Infact the NEXT generation after...the Baby Boomer Generation (those born 1945-1960)....is better in my opinion because they actually got out and demanded changes in society for the better.

But I think that Reconstruction generation (between 1865-1900) was better than BOTH of them and very well may have been the best generation of AfroAmericans right up until now because of the swift and massive progress they were able to make independently.

2 hours ago, Delano said:

@Troyare you going to admit that homicide is leading cause of death for Black males ages 16-34. Or explain how that is totally wrong. 

What?!  Are you high?  The chart clearly shows that, but that is not what you wrote.  You obviously will not admit you were wrong lets move on.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You know how upset Cynique gets at just the thought of a Black man just DARES to criticize or question the mindset of Black women who chose to dye their hair blond, lol.

LOL!  Man, all jokes aside I can;t tell you how many Black women I've been seeing with Black hair lately.  But here is the kicker, I'm in a group talking about a festival to take place in an African country and one of the topics a sister from Africa proposed was to deal with skin lightening an European hair.  I did not chime in on that one 🙂

I put the greatest generation in quotes because that is what the generation is called.  I don't know whose generation was greater.  I just know ours is very easily manipulated and the benefits that previous generations enjoyed this generation will never know --- but this generation has been duped into believing have it so good because they have a cell phone with Instagram on it!

3 hours ago, Delano said:

it was imprecise because I didn't mention the age range. Saying it's completely wrong is wrong. Troy you may have multiple degrees but numerical comprehension is not your Forte. 

Talk about cherry picking. Please respond to tbe full quote @Troy

27 minutes ago, Troy said:

What?!  Are you high?  The chart clearly shows that, but that is not what you wrote.  You obviously will not admit you were wrong lets move on.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

If you looked at the homicide rates for the Black men in the narrow population you've isolated you'll find the majority of those are poor Black men, not wealthy ones.

Show me where the data breaks down death by income. 

Or are you high? @Troy

Del, it does not break down the death rate by income.  That information is missing --- OBVIOUSLY!

I was trying to help you understand that if the information were there, that it might reveal that wealthy Black men are murdered at a lower rate that poor ones. One would think this is common sense, but you are so determined to make a point you are being unreasonable.  

All I'm saying is that I'd rather be wealthy and Black in American, than poor and white. You clearly disagree and nothing you've written has convinced me otherwise  

Have you bothered to look at the death by homicide rates for you white men?

9 hours ago, Troy said:

Del, it does not break down the death rate by income.  That information is missing --- OBVIOUSLY!

I was trying to help you understand that if the information were there, that it might reveal that wealthy Black men are murdered at a lower rate that poor ones. One would think this is common sense, but you are so determined to make a point you are being unreasonable.  

You are trying t explain statistics to me. But the information that eiukd help you to make your point is missing. 

Why do you believe that I need your help to analyse statistics? @Troy

9 hours ago, Troy said:

I'm saying is that I'd rather be wealthy and Black in American, than poor and white. You clearly disagree and nothing you've written has convinced me otherwise  

Can you quote me where i saud i would rather ve poor and white. You are confusing your position with mine. I said i would not want to  be anyone else. 

4 hours ago, Delano said:

Why do you believe that I need your help to analyse statistics?

Because of statement like this

On 9/16/2018 at 11:48 AM, Troy said:

the leading cause of death for bkack males is homicide. 

This statement is not supported by the data.  Is my statement true or false @Delano?

4 hours ago, Delano said:

Can you quote me where i saud i would rather ve poor and white.

No I can't I can only devine your position, based upon your statements  since you have an annoying habit of refusing to answer direct questions.

The statement was unaccurate. I knew it was true for an age group but i didn't qualify my statement. And you  wree correct to point out it is not the leading cause of death. Yet you persisted with your attack of it as completely wrong. When I included data from the CDC you still doubted its Veracity. I said why not check the source. Instead you continue to argue a point that has been corrected. Your arguments discount bith your intelligence and your vaulted opinion of  science fact and objectivity. 

You also conflate issues. You not only cant quote me. I explivitly said despite all the problems i wouldn't change my race. 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:56 PM, Delano said:

Completely wrong.? The chart is from the CDC

@Troy

Screenshot_20180917-085134.jpeg

@Troy is this really arguable, little Brother. 

6 hours ago, Delano said:

The statement was unaccurate. 

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Delano said:

i wouldn't change my race. 

Thanks for making this clear. 

I know where the chart is from, I was the one who provided it.

At the end of the day class and wealth confer benefits on people that far exceed the benefit of race.

People of all races with money have leisure time, health care, education, less likely to be catch a stray, or be locked up that a poor person.

Again, wealth trumps race.

Look up Black Wall Street @Troy

33 minutes ago, Troy said:

know where the chart is from, I was the one who provided

No i uploaded that one 

Troy Florida will show you that whiteness trumps Wealth 

9 hours ago, Delano said:

No i uploaded that one 

I'll correct you again @Delano; I posted the link to the complete CDC chart before you posted the small portion that would substantiate your argument.  You may review the post yourself.  Now you may have found it independently but I posted it first (this also tells me you are not reading my replies carefully -- or at all) : 

Sure if you want to reach back 100 years to find an exception to reject the general case, be my guest and continue believe what you want. 

But your belief alsos require you to reject the overwhelming evidence to counter your belief, like the things I just mentioned that wealth confers on to people regardless of race like; leisure time, health care, education, lower crime, lower incarceration, longer life spans, financial security, and on...

Your ability to reject overwhelming evidence in favor of a personal belief is textbook.  It is fascinating that even the knowledge of this mental process will not get you to change your belief.  I now understand completely why you will continue to be a climate denier.

Guest To be Black and Strong

I am a black woman and this is how we are cast in this world but I have 

Feelings, and am soft, warm, beautiful, argumentative, opinionated, and intelligent.  Is it so wrong to be a black woman who is strong?

How can you not know homicide is the leading cause of death for a segment of Black men. Claim that my inaccurate statement is totally wrong and then say you posted the chart. You  also questioned why the chart was truncated. 

@Troy i said check it yourself then you say you posted it.

Yeah go back you referenced but no table or link  

@Delano, OK Bruh, I give.

2 hours ago, Guest To be Black and Strong said:

Is it so wrong to be a black woman who is strong?

Of course not. We clawed our way out of enslavement because of strong Black women.  Students of the civil rights movement know women were largely responsible, though unsung, for it's success.  Even this website exists because of strong and supportive Black women. 

A cartoon, racist or otherwise, can not change that unless we allow it to. 

On 9/17/2018 at 11:56 PM, Troy said:

@Delano Yes, your statement was completely wrong!

Why don't you show the entire chart?  Instead you cherry pick a 20 year range representing a minority of deaths.  Rather than simply admitting your error and correcting yourself you dig in and attempt to  justify your claim by taking a narrow band of data despite the fact that the chart shows homicide is less than 5% of all Black deaths.

yeah ok @Troy you seem to have amnesia 

Let me explain more p

Black men die of old age or age related disease. But for young Black men homicide is the leading cause of death . The percentage is much higher than death from heart disease even though the aggregate numbers are smaller because more older people die. The larger point is that homicide shouldn't be a leading cause of death for any age group. 

Your statement about death from homicide being small is uncharacteristically insensitive and lacking in reason as well.

3 hours ago, Guest To be Black and Strong said:

I am a black woman and this is how we are cast in this world but I have 

Feelings, and am soft, warm, beautiful, argumentative, opinionated, and intelligent.  Is it so wrong to be a black woman who is strong?

Apparently it is. Strong women in general run into problems. 

To Be S & B

Most of the time....YES, it is.
And for two major reasons:

1. Ofcourse every woman is different, but generally speaking it's not in the nature of most women to be strong....physically OR mentally.
And when I speak of mental strength I'm not talking about intelligence or smarts which is perfectly fine and welcomed in women, but personality wise.  Few people....including other women...like combative, argumentative, and domineering women.

2. Because a society is built upon BALANCE, and nature divided all societies up primarily between two major sexes; if one sex is strong then the other sex must be weak to balance it.  So if you want the women to be the strong sex, then there is no need for strong men too; so you should settle for weak men and not complain about it.
If both are strong they'll only end up fighting eachother for dominance and destroy the community from the inside.

Lol! @Pioneer1 for you Brother I will concede the race debate to you as well. 

To be clear, that does not mean I agree with you.  I understand the are instances were reason, facts, and logic are ineffective. You and Del have helped me learn this lesson, so I sincerely thank you both.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 6:24 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Most of the time....YES, it is.
And for two major reasons:

1. Ofcourse every woman is different, but generally speaking it's not in the nature of most women to be strong....physically OR mentally.
And when I speak of mental strength I'm not talking about intelligence or smarts which is perfectly fine and welcomed in women, but personality wise.  Few people....including other women...like combative, argumentative, and domineering women.

2. Because a society is built upon BALANCE, and nature divided all societies up primarily between two major sexes; if one sex is strong then the other sex must be weak to balance it.  So if you want the women to be the strong sex, then there is no need for strong men too; so you should settle for weak men and not complain about it.
If both are strong they'll only end up fighting eachother for dominance and destroy the community from the inside.

@Pioneer1Watta crock.  There you go with a ridiculously generalized  statement about women that you modify by saying that "every woman is different",  an assertion  you further dilute by  injecting the word "most" into the mix, all of which totally voids the viability of your vacillating statement. - a  statement that doesn't hold up  in its implication that "generally speaking" although "all men  are different", "most" of them are mentally and physically stronger than women.  Men may have brawn, but their superior brain power is not a given. It depends on the area of expertise. Emotionally speaking, maturity remains  elusive in the male  development.     

Biologically speaking, the reason women are the ones who bear children is because they are better-equipped both physically and mentally for this ordeal. Women routinely handle  illnesses better than men, who are big babies.   Women are also pliant, able to adjust to loss and tragedy wherein men are brittle, - hard, by easily shattered .  As for balance, it's not about one sex acting  one way and the opposite sex acting the other way; it's about relationships in which both members do what they are better at in order to maintain a stable working partnership. Roles are no longer assigned to gender in today's world.  The era of hunters and gatherers has gone the way of primitive homo sapiens.  

BTW,  nobody likes an individual of either sex who is "domineering, combative, and argumentive".  Nor does nobody respect a male  who is timid, inept,  and wimpy.

To my sister who said:  "I am a black woman and this is how we are cast in this world but I have 

Feelings, and am soft, warm, beautiful, argumentative, opinionated, and intelligent.  Is it so wrong to be a black woman who is strong?",  -  I say "no".  You go, Girl!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this