MLK is rolling in his grave about black behavior today

MLK must be rolling in his graves. All the sacrifices he made for black people and how do they pay MLK back? They have become more violent than ever, have more children out of wedlock than ever , and commit more crime than any other race in America. I dont think MLK would appreciate the dreadlocks and tattoo’s, nor would he appreciate the “victimhood mentality “ in the black community.

RIP MLK !

• Jeromex changed the title to MLK is rolling in his grave about black behavior today
2 hours ago, Jeromex said:

MLK must be rolling in his graves. All the sacrifices he made for black people and how do they pay MLK back? They have become more violent than ever, have more children out of wedlock than ever , and commit more crime than any other race in America. I dont think MLK would appreciate the dreadlocks and tattoo’s, nor would he appreciate the “victimhood mentality “ in the black community.

RIP MLK !

🤔......"they"???

Don't you mean "we",  Mr. Blackmon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Troy said:

@Jeromex you never did reveal you minister’s name did you?

what do you have against dreadlocks?

People who wear their hair that way arent taken seriously. They come across as immature and impulsive. Its the same old “ hey look at me” attention syndrome that plagues our black community.

I wil preface my feedback to this tripe with the annoincement that due to a plethora of problems with forgottrn passwords, a new e-mail address, hackers and entanglements, and an obsolete computer,  in order to post on  this site using my android phone, I have had to lay to rest my "Cynique" user name and resurrect her as "Contrarian". It's like I outlived my old identity after reaching age 90, but for some ungodly reason my spirit is still loitering around, as skeptical and cynical as ever, thanks to the dire state of the world in general and African Americans in particular. Skimming through some of the long tedious posts on this site reminds me why I go on frequent  hiatus.  Hot air exhausts me. But I digress. (Nobody cares what I think and the feeling is mutual.)

Since I've divorced  myself from the black race I can say without reservation that what the tight-assed suck up Jeromex, regurgitates is true. This victim of the Stockholm syndrome which has reduced him to a groveling minion who has become  besotted with his oppressors, is now eager to take their side and bad mouth niggas. So he says what black folks don't want to hear because the truth hurts, and is something we only want to hear about the blue eyed devils - whose dirty deeds excuse ninjas for not doing right because white people are evil and stupid too.  So there. America the beautiful - the land of equal opportunity.

No wonder Trump is leading in the polls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aka Contrarian said:

...I have had to lay to rest my "Cynique" user name and resurrect her as "Contrarian".

@Cynique or @aka Contrarian, regardless of the circumstances and infrequency....welcome back.🤗

Always great to read your contributions to the discussion. No one else can burst our hot air balloons and keep our heads ringing too.😁😎

• Like 1

Amazing! They should be studying you in a lab Cynique … I mean @aka Contrarian!  What a mind!

“Groveling minion” however is a complement. 🙂

Man is a fascinating animal capable of great things and at the same time capable of unbelievable stupidity, violence, and greed.  45 being elected president again is the least of our worries.

Black. Preachers. Do. Not. Care. About. Black. People. Or. Black. ,Communities. Preachers. Worship. Money.  Preachers. Are. In. Prison. For. Raping. Black. Children. ,Murdering. Their. Wives......White. And. Jewish. Communities. And. Churches. Have,Wealth. Black. Preachers. Got. Wealth. Or. A. Comfortable. Living. From. Stealing. All. The. Church. Money. Black. People. Pay ,For. Their. Enslavement. Every. Week....Black. Politicians. Support ,,Billions. Of. U. S. Money. Going. To. Ukraine. And. Israel. And. No,,Billions. Going. To poor. Inner. City. Communities. To. Build. ,,Better. Schools. And. Create. Jobs..........NAACP. ,,Democrats ,,Wealthy. ,Black ,,Entertainers. Have. So. Much. Respect. For. Dr. King. .! On the. News. They. Have. Respect. For. Dr.  King. What. Have. They. Done. .Where. Is. Black. Lives. Matter. With. All. The. ,Billions. Of. Money. They. Got...???.

Black Lives Matter leaders did not get "billions" but I'm sure they did quite well for themselves financially.  But we don't know the details of their financials so should refrain from being too critical on the account.

In general, one way effective leaders are neutralized is with money.  A fine or lavish lifestyle is a strong deterrent from doing the work.  

Dr. King was on the front lines and was murdered as a result.  I prefer our leaders to be enriched rather than lynched.  Maybe some of them will take the money they have made and use it constructively for the betterment of our people. 

There are others doing the work, without the celebrity, but our system does not elevate these folks and we don't own enough conscious media to spread the word.

@harry brown you and I know all preachers don't extract wealth from the community solely to enrich themselves or sleep with anything moving in the pews.  I suspect your impression of Black preachers is personal.  Maybe one day you will share. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

There are others doing the work, without the celebrity, but our system does not elevate these folks and we don't own enough conscious media to spread the word.

We waste, er, spend enough on all types of useless things.

Black folks channeling a fraction of the money spent on gross consumerism could grow our own media platforms and outlets. 

Also, celebrities who have a platform should be able to recognize, uplift and encourage other folks putting in work.😎

11 hours ago, Jeromex said:

The extreme violence and insanely irresponsible lifestyles.

Ok @Jeromex, please stop your unsubstantiated, ad hominem statements about Black people. You sound like a broken record, and it is grating on my nerves.  I try to provide an open forum, but you, apparently intentionally, are undermining this. 

12 hours ago, ProfD said:

Also, celebrities who have a platform should be able to recognize, uplift and encourage other folks putting in work.

@ProfD Celebrity "platforms" are provided by major corporations., who have no interest recognizing, uplifting, or encouraging the Black folks putting the work.  Case in point is the activist Viola Plummer

47 minutes ago, Troy said:

Celebrity "platforms" are provided by major corporations....

While artists, athletes, entertainers, media personalities, etc., have the mic i.e. any type of platform, until it is silenced, they could use it to say anything positive that helps to uplift and encourage other Black folks. 

The *problem* is that so many of Black folks are mentally and/or physically removed from the  struggle.  Money and status are just two things among several that have  led Black folks to believe life has gotten better.  

While the conditions seem to have changed, the system of racism white supremacy is still alive and kicking and more sophisticated.  😎

@Cynique   @aka Contrarian

Hey you know what!

I seriously DID NOT EVEN READ your entire post before posting my message.

I just saw the style of writing, automatically knew it was YOU, and poked at you a bit...lol.

I deleted my previous message.

Troy

In general, one way effective leaders are neutralized is with money.  A fine or lavish lifestyle is a strong deterrent from doing the work.  

Based on my observations and working along side of community and social activists for Black causes, I'd say the BIGGEST motivation for people to sell out and or give up trying to help the AfroAmerican community in general isn't money or other material benefits and luxuries....
The biggest factor is the APATHY and often INDIFFERENCE so many AfroAmericans have to their work and their sacrifices.

I don't know how it was in the 60s because I was born right on the tail end and don't remember it so I don't know if the spirit of Black America back then was the same as it is today however our people can be VERY hard to motivate in doing that which is constructive for themselves and the community.

If you're fighting hard for years and years to get housing or food benefits for women and children in a city and end up seeing GANGSTA RAPPERS who brag about selling dope and choking out ho's -getting more respect and accolades than you....that can make you feel some sort of way.

Most social and political activists don't get into it for the money.
They NEED money, but that's not the main reason that drives them.

It's the LOVE and PASSION for their people that usually drives them.
And after so many years of work, if they feel that love and passion isn't being reciprocated they often become disappointed, bitter, and willing to give up and leave their movement all together.