Pioneer1

Knowledge vs Science

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

@DelSo what does all of this have to do with your choice of the word "poignant" in connection with pioneer?  if you were really neutral, you'd refrain from moderating the exchanges between pioneer and others and do what zaji does. 

I was stating he had a good point in a poetic way.  What's the difference between pressing the like button and saying you like a point. How is saying a point is strong being biased. When have I ever agreed with any position wholly. Liking all view points is the exact opposite of being neutral. or vice versa. Although being diplomatic can be seen as neutrality I think Troy is opinionated and is willing to change his opinion. Re any discussion Climate change or otherwise. I like to bring another dimension into the discussion. In addition to defining terms so there is less confusion. Which hasn't really worked. It did once with Troy.

@DelanoI don't find your response to pioneer's swill "poetic" or "pungent".  To me, it was just vague.  And why didn't you express your opinion about "wisdom" rather than "knowledge" when it came to pioneer's claim?  You waited until you exchanged comments with me to bring this up apparently because you didn't want to directly oppose him.   Someone who merely 'likes" a comment, has not intruded herself into the conversation with a comment of her own.  

Guess it's time for us to disengage.  

Maybe you should do as better job of explaining your motivations, instead of leaving them up for grabs.   :P 

You have me confused with either a waiter or remote control. Discussing opinions is hard enough.

Do you dislike Pioneer that much, that none should agree with his positions. Do you feel a plus for Pioneer is a minus for you.

You may be projecting your relationship with Pioneer and K2 onto me. 

The two of you seem more like homes than Pioneer and I.

@Deli always have a problem understanding you.  Because it's like you skip a step when expressing yourself and i have to try and read your mind. And of course your not putting things in context has always been a problem for me.    What did you mean when you said i was explaining your motivations?  You have refused to elaborate on this.  And why don't you ever respond to my asking why you didn't directly challenge pioneer since you thought "wisdom" was a better word than "knowledge".  And i have no idea what your last post is referring to?  i have no big problem with pioneer expressing his opinions, as long as he doesn't try to pass his opinions off as fact.  

i try to write with clarity and conciseness But you and now Kalexander very often lose me with the ways you express yourselves and where you're coming from .   So i guess it breaks down to a lack of communication and rapport. I'm still puzzling over the pungent-poignant thing.  i also find you humorless and super sensitive.

Point made. I was thinking out loud with the wisdom vs knowledge point. So it's not an idea I gave more than a minutes thought. My interjections into Troy and Pioner's don't generally result in much change. Troy probably responds more expressively than Pioneer. I very rarely add humour into a post.

I am have been told that I skip steps or assume the listener has information to fill in the gaps. 

Poignant comment is not going to be explainable.

But I agree that you are a Bit Picking bitch. The accents are on the nit and the picking. However I am aware of the context clarity issue . and appreciate your mentioning it 

Now it's your turn to be told you are man of good character.  And you are.  :)

• Like 2

Troy

Now you freely admit that you have no clue how the builders of the Pyramids acquired the knowledge to construct. Given you lack of knowledge on the subject how can you be so positive how they were not constructed?

By a rational process of elimination.

The "scientific method" is a relatively recent concept that was developed by Western scientists well within the past 500 years.

The pyramids were constructed over 10,000 years ago!

So whatever method they used to construct the pyramids it COULDN'T have been the "scientific method" that didn't exist at the time.

It is interesting that you mentioned experimenting as a possibility. You said you understood the scientific method. If you do then you'd also know that experimentation is part of that process. Now I'm not saying the process was called "science" 5 thousand years ago, but likely the practice was the same -- and certainly more plausible than anything else you come up with.

Regardless of whatever similarities may have been shared between the ancient pyramid builders and modern scientists.....the "scientific method" was NOT used to construct the pyramid.

It would be like saying Alexander Graham Bell used the Android cell phone to design his newly invented telephone.