Jolly ol Cynique

Hello Folks.  Just stopping by to extend Holiday Greetings, and inform  that I'm still alive and kickin', doing OK.

I do check things out here occasionally, hoping to find something that captivates my interest,  (avoiding the verbal diarrhea of black unity's main proponent), grateful for the Pepto Bismo  Kenneth always provides with his insightful observations. 

My cynicism, as usual, prevails and I remain indifferent about the "what-black-folks-need-to-do" litany.  In my opinion, black folks are ironically becoming enslaved by racism, aided and abetted by a vocal minority sending the message that unless African Americans are absolved and excused of all wrong doing and rewarded and compensated by being disproportionately represented in every field of endeavor, the debt of slavery will never be paid.  But there's a world of difference between this black narrative and reality because, as everybody agrees, there is so much diversity among people of color that no one group can speak for all.  I also agree with Troy who often suggests that class is really what categorizes.  The politics  of Liberalism and Conservatism  are what polarize. in spite of everything, I remain a moderate Trump-hatin-Democrat. 

One reason I am not really upset about the direction toward which the lbgtq movement is taking Society is because unless everybody is everything, there will be no equality. The coming generations will adjust.  They are the future. What say you, Del?

Back to my cave.

1346573817_xmas2015connie.jpg.8da03d3dae5328af92c71cdddfb94d24.jpg

• Like 3

Cynique

You dwell in a cave???

Damn....lol.
No wonder you defend Caucasians so much.

because unless everybody is everything, there will be no equality. 

There will be no equality ANYWAY because humans are inherently dissimilar to eachother.
Even identical twins.

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

. What say you, Del?

I have noticed that the twenty somethings date a person not a gender.

The thing I think about the most is legitimacy and credentials.

White people live in a different world as do men and women , or another group. And that does seem to be the nature of things. There is a pecking order and there is one chicken that gets pecked by all the other chickens.

I think success is a chimera or it is something that we can't attain rather others confer it on us. 

I also have been thinking about the metrics that we use to gauge other people. I feel that is a prison that is difficult to break free totally.

I saw a movie called American Pimp. To be successful is to make money literally off a women's back, give her only clothes, food and shelter. Yet not build any wealth but to be a conspicuous consumer.

I am trying not to judge other people, even criticism comes easily when it is about other's deficiency instead of your own. 

My father said different ethnics groups control or run certain areas of life in New York City. The Irish  police it, the Italians have the Mafia, the News have the Diamond District and the Blacks enjoy it. 

I think it's important to know what game you're in and what your time is in that game.

And while I hope you find 5he answers you seek. I am glad that you are not yet bored with life.

I have been experimenting with time and magic. I believe in order to be free you have to have freedom of thought. Which I think requires immersion in fields that are foreign to your natal culture or field before turning 30 or so.

I am bored with life but I am interested in the nature of time and people.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 8:35 PM, Delano said:

...I am glad that you are not yet bored with life.

@Del   Only because of something that can  be attributed to the surreal warp I am currently caught up in, a curiosity having to do with other worldly guardians....😳  It's great that you are at peace with yourself and have chosen a path to follow. Namaste. 

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

Always great to read that you're doing well. Thanks for checking in on the gallery.

@ProfD:Glad to see that you are still on the case, keeping it real.👍🏽

On 12/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, Pioneer1 said:

There will be no equality ANYWAY because humans are inherently dissimilar to eachother.
Even identical twins.

Says the well known authority on nothing but making irrelevant straw man arguments. I'm not assuming humans are all similar. I'm  contending that everybody is entitled to equal rights.   Now go upload a bunch of silly pictures to spam this thread with. 😴

On 12/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You dwell in a cave???

Damn....lol.
No wonder you defend Caucasians so much.

My hibernation has nothing to do with your accusation.  It's afro-americoons like you who bear the blame.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, Delano said:

I think success is a chimera or it is something that we can't attain rather others confer it on us. 

This is true only when the individual believes it is to be true.  We determine when we are successful;  the rest of the world can embrace it or not... but it is cool when the world does embrace your definition of success 🙂

On 12/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, Delano said:

I am trying not to judge other people, even criticism comes easily when it is about other's deficiency instead of your own. 

Me too.  I seek out judgment, but I find judgment, as you suggested, is more about the judger than the judged.

@Cynique it is always a pleasure to read your words.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

afro-americoons

Ddddamn trademark that one.

That peacefulness is the result of some pervasive mistakes. 

It is less surreal if you can see that is a component of your reality.

5 hours ago, Troy said:

This is true only when the individual believes it is to be true. 

Everything a person believes to be true is true for them. Which is why I seldom argue. I purposely didn't use the word individual since I don't think a person can transcend their culture or language without great internal work.

I tend to feel a have goal which results more in trailblazing than walking paths.

@Cynique

22 hours ago, Delano said:

Everything a person believes to be true is true for them. Which is why I seldom argue.

I hear you.  Arguing, debating, or trying to convince someone to change their point of few is difficult.  I used to think this was because I was lacking on some level; my argument was weak or I was not being persuasive enough.  But I've learned there is often resistance to seeing things differently.  

If a so-called white person believes Black people are genetically inferior. Convincing them otherwise is very difficult especially if they were raised in a white racist society like America.  Even when geneticists tell us that a Black person can have more in common, genetically, with any given white person, than another white person, people will still cling to white racist ideas.

When you say "true of them," I'm sure you will acknowledge that this does not have to match objective truth otherwise known as reality. 

White superiority is a lie, a point I still think is worth arguing. 🙂

• Like 1