Africa as a regions place in the global scheme?

Which government in Africa is the most functional in your view?   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Does at least one government in Africa operate effectively+ efficiently in your opinion?

• yes
    • no

#Africa, a continent of 54 countries and a population of about one billion people,  accounts for just 3% of global GDP and global trade. How important is #Africa in the #global scheme of things? Discuss…
https://twitter.com/osasuo/status/1700500796813529458

Your Thoughts, please place in comments

my answer
https://aalbc.com/tc/profile/6477-richardmurray/?status=2446&type=status
now04.png

The majority of Africa is a dangerous, violent cesspool. So many of our black brotha’s and sista’s love to bloviate about their proud African heritage. Of course not one ever even visits Africa never mind move there. Slavery currently exists in certain area ‘s of Africa and that pales in comparison to the indiscriminate killing and genocide that occurs.

Next time a black brotha tries to speak negatively about these great United States, ask him why he wont go to Africa. The answer is abundantly clear. 

20 hours ago, richardmurray said:

#Africa, a continent of 54 countries and a population of about one billion people,  accounts for just 3% of global GDP and global trade.

Accounts for 3% of global GDP and trade but I'm willing to bet the amount of money being extorted and/or stolen by colonizers and greedy, corrupt leaders from Africa would increase that percentage significantly.  

I voted no to the question.  Each of those 54 countries needs to become more stable, less dependent on foreign aid and development. 

Right now, the Chinese, French and Arabs are treating Africa like an all you can eat buffet.   Then, there's Russia and the US.

Ultimately, they should become the United Countries of Africa.  That would cause a seismic shift in geopolitics. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, Jeromex said:

The majority of Africa is a dangerous, violent cesspool.

No worst than America was at its Birth and early years....especially for Black Africans.

Farrakhan to America: “You Should Keep Quiet!”

So many of our black brotha’s and sista’s love to bloviate about their proud African heritage. Of course not one ever even visits Africa never mind move there.

Africa is Experiencing a growing Brain Gain and a Returnee Migration from the Diaspora of Descendants of Formerly Enslaved Africans....several not only visits but many now reside there permanently.

"According to 2014 estimates, more than 3,000 African-Americans and people of Caribbean descent live in Ghana, a country of about 26 million people. "

https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/april-2015/african-americans-resettle-africa

"Returnees" Are Leading to a Brain Gain in Africa

Slavery currently exists in certain area ‘s of Africa and that pales in comparison to the indiscriminate killing and genocide that occurs.

The USA suffers from those very same shortcomings.....

The U.S. is currently on pace to meet or surpass the previous record for the most mass shootings in a year, which was set in 2021 with a total of 690, according to Gun Violence Archive (GVA) data.

Why it matters: So far this year, the U.S. has seen an average of two mass shootings every day, for a running total of 419.

• At this point in 2021, 401 mass shootings had occurred, and that year over all had a daily average of 1.9 mass shootings.

Details: GVA defines a mass shooting as an incident in which at least four people are shot and either killed or injured, not including the shooter.

If we use the UN definition of what is a Slave....Then The USA has over a Million legal Slaves and over 40 million illegal slaves....Modern Slave are called Prisoners and Victims of Human trafficking.

The Heat: U.S. Prison Slavery

For a greater understanding search the following in Youtube

13TH | FULL FEATURE | Netflix

Next time a black brotha tries to speak negatively about these great United States, ask him why he wont go to Africa. The answer is abundantly clear. 

No its Not....Maybe it's just Righteous Indignation to an Injustice that he or she wishes to see change in this his beloved country - No one is perfect.

Perfection is a goal we strive to knowing we will never achieve it as we grow closer with ever and every improving change for this greater society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@frankster, yeah that was classic Farrakhan!  The minster brilliantly exposed the hypocrisy of American's most esteemed media platform -- 60 Minutes.  

Involuntary servitude coupled with the explosion of the prison population tells you something about America when you compare it to other nations.  The American propaganda machine creates a great deal of cognitive dissonance in the population which is why many people reject any critique of America.  They can't handle it...

american-slaver.jpg

I echo @ProfD's  comments Frank, you are a tremendous resource and a bastion of sanity.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does atleast one country operates effectively in Africa?

It's hard for ME to say because I haven't been to any African nation yet, however based on what I've studies and heard from those who've been there.......

Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Kenya aren't doing too bad as far as maintaining stable governments and economies.

Ofcourse they have challenges as most nations do, but they aren't experiencing coups every couple of years and nation wide black-outs like some other African countries are.

But again, if I'm not over there to witness first hand what's going on....it's hard to produce and accurate assessment.

39 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1  provide your definition to effective government?

For basics.....

Keeping the society relatively safe and stable.
Establishing hospitals and keeping them operating and well stocked.
Establishing schools and keeping them operating and in decent condition
Keeping the electricity on and water running.
Building and maintaining a decent sewer system.
Building and maintaining a decent intra-national and inter-national transit system like busses, trains, and airports.

Again, these are some of the basics functions and duties of what I consider an effective national government.

Ofcourse much of it involves working with private companies but an effective government will oversee and manage it.

@Pioneer1 

Does the non basic form of your definition have percentages or specifics?

When you say safe, what do you mean? the NYPD has buildings full of domestic abuse cases they never bothered with. By safe what do you mean? 

When you say establishing hospitals does that include ability to reach hospitals? In NYC , historically, top quality healthcare has always been blockaded to the majority of the populace including even traveling. and throughout the usa, many don't have a hospital near where they live.

Based on your basic definition, it allows a majority of governments in humanity to b deemed effective or not effective based on the specificty your basic definition doesn't have ? is your basic definition effective in defining effective government then? 

richardmurray

Does the non basic form of your definition have percentages or specifics?

I'm speaking generally.
The focus isn't so much on statistics or percentages as it is on sufficiency.

Does the government provide ENOUGH to meet the needs of the people?

When you say safe, what do you mean? the NYPD has buildings full of domestic abuse cases they never bothered with. By safe what do you mean? 

Keeping the citizens/residents of the nation safe from physical harm from both outside (war) as well as from within (crime).

When you say establishing hospitals does that include ability to reach hospitals? 

Yes.
And providing clean and effective health care when they DO reach the hospital.

Based on your basic definition, it allows a majority of governments in humanity to b deemed effective or not effective based on the specificty your basic definition doesn't have ? is your basic definition effective in defining effective government then? 

Yes.

Effective is effective....whether or not most governments have achieved that standard or not.

We shouldn't lower our standards or modify our definitions simply based on people not meeting them.

9 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@Pioneer1

you asked if one government in africa operated effectively, but based on what you said or affirmed, I plus all others outside you will never be able to answer your question even though i or others  have been to the continent and experienced a few governments bureaucracies or conditions. 

Well hell......since YOU'VE been there then the questions should go to YOU.

When YOU were in Africa did you see governments  that operated effectively by MY standard as laid out above?
And when you were in Africa did you see governments that operated effectively by YOUR personal standards of how they should operate?

@Pioneer1 well, I admit I don't know your standard. I will need you to reword it as it is clear you said it, but I didn't comprehend. 

My standard? The only ranking/order/race I can apply to all governments in humanity is militaristic. to that end, no government in africa is what I call militaristically decent. Militaristically decent defined as a government that can support its military internally. USA is first tier/ China+ Russia is second tier/ 3rd tier is england/japan/france/india/ a few other governments 4th tier is brazil/nigeria a few others 5th tier is belize/ghana/ most governments/ 6th tier is the somalias and the few others who have no true government , more a collection of governments that are at war or haven't been recognized . 

As for the issues you brought up: 

Keeping the society relatively safe and stable.
Establishing hospitals and keeping them operating and well stocked.
Establishing schools and keeping them operating and in decent condition
Keeping the electricity on and water running.
Building and maintaining a decent sewer system.
Building and maintaining a decent intra-national and inter-national transit system like busses, trains, and airports.

I don't relate governments on those terms because because governments have varying origins/styles/ways/situations, that play to powerful a role. North korea isn't japan in terms of the terms you speak of, but north korea has been under the usa blockade and penalty scheme for decaes, maybe 70 years or more. that influences all the factors you speak of and definitely any standard based on those points. 

Human Development Index: Quantifying Quality of Life - Development Economics Series | Academy 4 ...

What is human development index

For a better understanding sort list by rank instead of the default  setting of A-Z

https://hdr.undp.org/data-center/country-insights#/ranks

https://hdr.undp.org/data-center/country-insights#/ranks

4:12 / 6:49

Human Development Index - Evaluating the Limitations of the HDI

This Index is weighted in terms of  Political Strength of the Ruling Party in Power  in a particular country.

The Following Index is very Politically nuance as seen by the recent change in choice of name of this index from Failed States Index  to Fragile States Index...Basically revolving around what defines Good Governance (eg: legitimacy and rule of law) and Social Stability and Security.

The Available video is way to long and based on Western (Militaristic) Political Ideology.

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/fragile_state_index/

I'm not very informed about this topic. However, evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of governments in Africa is a complex and subjective task, and opinions on this matter can vary widely. Africa is a diverse continent with 54 recognized countries, each facing unique challenges and circumstances. Some governments in Africa have made significant progress in certain areas, while others continue to grapple with governance issues.

Well, we need to have set and established standards that most of us can agree on in order to measure progress.

Unfortunately, the only human civilization in this world that is advanced enough to compare ourselves with is Western/European civilization.
Western medicine, schools, buildings, militaries....are the institutions most nations measure themselves by to determine how developed they are.

Is it the best?
Obviously not.
However what are we in America or those in Africa producing that is better?

I'm not talking shit....I SERIOUSLY believe that if we just focused on it and put a decent amount of effort to it and UNIFIED for it....we could produce a civilization far more superior than Western/European civilization.
And we could do so in less than 100 years.....easily.

But as a group we need to get our minds straight and focused and stop it with juvenile criticizing of White institutions WHILE not having even one comparable to them of our own.

You don't like the White man's criminal justice system or the police....understandably.
But we don't have a decent reliable one of our own as an alternative.
Who do Black women in America or African women run to or call on when criminals, murderers, and rapists try to victimize them?
Niggas running wild and loose in the ghetto and in many parts of Africa, killing families and sometimes entire villages with nobody (outside of White folks who pretend to help) to check them on it and bring them to justice.
You have some police departments and militaries copied after the White folks ones....but many of them do a shitty job or protecting and enforcing law and order.
Outside of the Nation of Islam and a few other scattered Black groups, how many qualified Black policing organizations are in effect today?

You don't like the White man's medical system.....understandably.  It often makes more diseases and problems than it cures.
But do we have one BETTER?
How many hospitals do Black folks operate where if you get sick you can lay up in a clean bed and get cared for by qualified Black doctors who will cure you and qualified Black nurses who will give you tender loving care and bathe you as you recooperate?
Here OR in Africa?
I haven't seen PICTURES of clean and well organized Black doctors and nurses since the days of Marcus Garvey.

TBT – 100 years ago Marcus Garvey sparked the Black Cross Nurses in Seattle  who cared for us. - Africatown Community Land Trust

Where are the team of Black nurses like we had under Marcus Garvey back in the 1910s and 1920s????

We need to get on the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Well, we need to have set and established standards that most of us can agree on in order to measure progress.

We need to get on the ball.

According to The Egg, our spirits are supposed to go through the times and spaces in which we exist until that point of accumulating enough knowledge and experience to become a God.😁

Needless to type, I won't sink into my easy chair and throw my hands up in surrender to the status quo.

In my present human form, I'll continue calling BS on a system of racism white supremacy that seeks to maintain power and control over other people through subjugation, exploitation and murder. 

Black folks have to accept that we're the real Gods of the universe and act accordingly.

Otherwise, I cannot explain why for thousands of years and counting, the recessive part of humanity has been allowed to wreak chaos and mayhem on the planet.😎

ProfD

I'm not an atheist in any way shape or form, however I'm not a religious person either.
If it comes from another human being...I'm going to question it and in most cases investigate it for it's accuracy.

The "Cosmic Egg" belief sounds interesting and seems to make sense on a certain level, but unless The SUPREME BEING let's me know directly that this is the truth.....then I'm not going to put all of my faith in it either.
It's just another belief that remains to be seen whether it's true or not.

Some say we come back here over and over again.
Others say you only get one shot and that's it.
Others say you come here for the first time, die, and then a NEW body is made for you to inhabit on a New Earth where you dwell forever.

Guess what?
Most of the people TELLING us these things all get here the same way and leave the same way.....lol.
So how do we know WHO'S telling the truth?

As far as the plight of Black folks goes on this planet......

For me, my belief bounces back and forth between believing that Caucasians ruling the planet because they're just plain smarter and can think up more shit to invent to maintain control and power - or - that they're NOT smarter and we are actually smarter but we're so divided as a people and too busy fighting with eachother to unite and overcome them and rule.

I've seen evidence of both.....plenty of evidence.
Which is one of the reasons I don't dwell too much on either belief for too long.

Growing up I've seen SMART and STRONG Black boys who could have been the most popular and successful kids in school end up in trouble and even kicked out because of fighting and constantly getting in trouble.  And at the same time I saw nerdy White dudes always blowing their noses and often have some weird disease but got good grades and went on to lead successful lives despite their weaknesses.

@Pioneer1 

well, I can say the following

The Black statian community, blacks living in the usa, have not as a community reached the highest communal standards set in the usa by whites or developed an alternative system and implemented it [two various things]. But the black statian community , has even before the end of the war between teh states but ever more after, many examples of individuals who reached or surpassed the standards of individual achievement by whites in the usa. So while I can not apply the standards in the usa or from the usa to those outside it , whether governments or individuals. I can say that the Black Statian ,while communally has not reached the highest positive paramount set by white standards in the usa , has produced individuals more than any group [white asians/white latinos/mullatoes/mestizoes ] barring whites of european descent[ which includes white jews] who have performed above or beyond the positive paramounts set by white standards in the usa. 

richardmurray

I can't disagree with what you're saying.
Time after time since we've been in this hemisphere we've had INDIVUAL Black people who have outshined Caucasians....even in their own institutions.
However COLLECTIVELY speaking.......

I suppose individual success is better than no success at all.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 1:33 PM, Pioneer1 said:

For me, my belief bounces back and forth between believing that Caucasians ruling the planet because they're just plain smarter and can think up more shit to invent to maintain control and power - or - that they're NOT smarter and we are actually smarter but we're so divided as a people and too busy fighting with eachother to unite and overcome them and rule.

Bro, I keep typing that it's not about them being smarter than us and/or disunity among our people.😁

Plain and simple...

White folks rule the planet because they are literally willing to kill other people including each other in order to maintain power and control over them.

It's the elephant in the room and a tough pill to swallow at the same time. 

When less powerful people believe and accept what their enemy is willing to do...they're in a better position to come up with a battle plan.😎

ProfD

The problem with that theory is that there are a SURPLUS of crazy murderoous Black folks not just in America but on the continent of Africa.
They go from village to village committing all kinds of atrocities.
Some of them niccaz over there have taken war and murder to a NEW level.
Some of the shit they do to eachother would make the KKK take off the hood and sit down on a damn TREE STUMP and gag....then stare off into the distance, LOL.

image.jpeg.edfc53b9a6017397e87d9f0324ffefc2.jpeg

"No sir......
It's over....
I quit....
I'm joining the Peace Corps and going to 
Africa.  
They need peace keepers overthere!

Nature has a way of balancing things out.....
If you're too stupid and crazy to remain calm and NOT kill folks over every little thing, your society is too unstable so you usually don't get sophisticated enough TO engineer more powerful weapons.

The ONLY reason some of the clowns, warlords, and murderers running around in parts of Africa (and Haiti) aren't killing eachother like the Russians and Ukrainians is because they don't have the TECHNOLOGY to do so!
They're using small arms and pistols and machetes and whatever they can get their hands on to do so, though!

Talk about America and Russia having nuclear weapons.....
They've had  them for nearly 80 years and we haven't had a nuclear war YET.

Let some of them niccaz over there with rags wrapped around their heads riding around hanging off of jeeps, get ahold of them......

image.jpeg.bd21a3ee37d01b429df681d8084b200b.jpeg

image.jpeg.18836af3d1cc9041cf34861870dd73ef.jpeg

...they would have blown up the world 18 TIMES by now....lol.
Killing men, women, children, cats, dogs, chickens, and anything else.

Come on man.....lol....you know our people.

Most of us are good, but some of our people are down right evil.

@Pioneer1, I'm referring to white folks willingness to kill in order to maintain power and control.

Goofy azz n8gglets regardless of where they are in the world from street gangs in America to Haiti and Jamaica and on the continent of Africa in Somalia, Sudan and Burkina Faso aren't killing their oppressors. They are killing their own people for dumb sh8t. 

My belief is that Black folks kill each other out of frustration and ignorance. A by-product of their imprisonment and conditioning under the system of racism white supremacy.😎

On 10/8/2023 at 10:15 PM, ProfD said:

My belief is that Black folks kill each other out of frustration and ignorance. A by-product of their imprisonment and conditioning under the system of racism white supremacy.😎

That's most of it.
We'd really have to see a Black society totally FREE of "white supremacist" ideology and study it in order to make a more clear determination as to how much White racist influence has on the morals and behavior of our people.