What would you call a Black person who...

On 2/11/2024 at 7:44 PM, ProfD said:

A multi-ethnic person might qualify as non-white.😎

Oh I agree that they can easily be classified as "non-White".

But that don't mean they can bring their ass around MY neighborhood with that:

Beastie Boys Photos: MCA, Ad-Rock & Mike D Through the Years

"Yo...yo...whaddup bro!
We down and we bossin' !"

...shit.
And think I'M going to embrace them as "one of us"....lol.

There's a whole lot of negroes out there willing to accept ANYBODY with a slight tan and some curl to their hair as "Black"....but I'm not one of them.

If you want ME to accept you as a Black man/woman you better LOOK like one.....every day...clothes on AND naked, lol.

Well in America they’d just be Black.  Though lately they’d  be bipoc or something along those lines.

Blackness is more than skin color it is about culture. Of the kid was born and raised as a Black person, in the US by Black  parents they’d be African American. If the kid was raised in Mongolia by Mongolian parents they’d likely be Mongolian.

• Like 1

I agree that they could be considered "AfroAmerican"....meaning an American of African descent.

Prince, Steph Curry, Lisa Bonet and many other non-Blacks fit THAT category.

But to be considered "Black"....that's a different story all together.
The standard is higher because for me genetics and phenotype are involved.

Depends on what criteria you are using. Whether it be cultural, aesthetics, body type , facial structure. It some matrix of the above.

If you are more likely to get shot by the cops are are followed around a store I say you appear Black

I once had a ghetto woman tell me I didn't seem Black more like a cool Italian 

Yet street cats were cool with me because we could conversate.

It's the old blacker than thou. I just prefer to deal with people not categories. Although there are exceptions. I avoid a$$h0l¢$

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 would Steph Curry, Lisa, Bonet and Prince qualify for reparations in your opinion?

Last night I was engaging in it typically black activity; playing Bid Whist. if you’re unfamiliar with the game, you ain’t black 🙂 

Seriously, one of the brothers mentioned Jack and Jill, as part of a joke, and no one else knew what Jack and Jill was — even a woman who considered herself bougie.

Now, if you would’ve asked me if someone who was aged 60 or more and Bkack And never heard of Jack and Jill I would’ve said you’re crazy and here I am in a room full of black folks like this.

I would be willing to bet my life that Steph Curry and Lisa, Bonet have heard of Jack and Jill. 

Black people come in all shapes, sizes and colors. We also come from different cultures. some play pinochle, some play spades, and others even play bridge.

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 what Steph Curry, Lisa, Bonet and Prince qualify for reparations in your book?

Last night I was engaging in it typically black activity playing Bid Whist. if you’re unfamiliar with the game, you ain’t black 🙂  Seriously, one of the brothers mentioned Jack and Jill, as part of a joke, and no one else knew what Jack and Jill was — even a woman who considered herself bougie.

Now, if you would’ve asked me if someone was aged 60 or more and black And never heard of Jack and Jill I would’ve said you’re crazy and here I am in a room full of black folks like this.

I would be willing to bet my life that Steph Curry and Lisa, Bonet have heard of Jack and Jill. 

Black people coming all shapes sizes and colors. We also come from different cultures some play pinochle while others play spades.

Hadn't even HEARD of "Bid Whist" until you mentioned it just now....lol.
Might be an "Eastcoast Black" thing that didn't make it over to the Midwest.....lol..

Yes, all three of them would qualify for Reparations in my opinion because they are AfroAmerican, though not Black.
So them and their ancestors still suffered from the effects and after-effects of racism and Chattel Slavery.

As far as Jack and Jill.....
It's like the Boule itself from which they are derived from.....MOST Black folks of all ages haven't heard of them because most Black folks don't have the kind of money and social/political connections required to join or even be prospective members of such organizations.

It really depends on the area you're from because Jack and Jill was really big among the Elites AfroAmerican communities  EAST of the Mississippi River like Atlanta, D.C. Detroit, Chicago, and ofcourse New York and Philly.
Out West almost nobody has heard of them.

Also, it is my understanding that the Jack and Jill club was more popular in the COLORIST days where light skinned AfroAmericans were encouraged to mate with eachother and produce more light skinned offspring in an effort to "better" the AfroAmerican community.
That era went out when "Black is Beautiful" came in!

4 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Hadn't even HEARD of "Bid Whist"

WHAT??! Seriously ask a few of your Black friends about the game and let me know what you learn.

Hey @Pioneer1 am I Black in your book {drum roll}

Jack and Jill is a national organization dude it’s not just East Coast elites.  If Jack and Jill was ever about colorism, which I doubt it no longer is it is more about networking with other black families.

Any connection with the Boulé is lost on me. I don’t know anything about the Boulé other than when I’ve read from Lawrence Otis Graham’s our kind of people.

It was a way for Elite AfroAmerican families to marry into eachother to keep wealth and power among themselves.

Making sure wealthy sons would marry wealthy, connected, or well mannered daughters.

It made sense to a certain extent but the COLORISM part is what I object to.
They focused too much on people's color and favored light skinned and nearly White people far too much.

We need something kind of like that today but without the colorism part.
Too many wealthy AfroAmericans men are having children with OTHER races of women and too many AfroAmerican women are having babies by stupid and thug-minded dudes.
We need to encourage intelligent decent AfroAmerican men and women to pro-create and produce more of eachother. 

Jeromex and Black Conservatives (of which I don't believe Jeromex was one I think he was actually White) focus on the MARRIAGE thing.
I don't.

Marriage is nice and good but marriage won't necessarily correct bad or fucked-up genes.

We need to encourage the pro-creation of more inherently intelligent and decent AfroAmericans whether inside OR outside of marriage and the community and family stability will naturally occur.

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

It made sense to a certain extent but the COLORISM part is what I object to.

Perhaps, but that is certainly not true today.  That is like saying you have to pass the brown paper bag test to become an AKA.  It may have been partially true in the past but that is no longer true today.  And today is what I'm talking about.  The Boule may still be an elite organization, but the organization is irrelevant from my perspective, as I haven't a clue what they are about or what they do today.

@Pioneer1 it is curious you dodged my direct query about my Blackness from your perspective.  Don't worry about offending me 🙂

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Elite AfroAmerican...colorism...

Drop those same folks in the middle of a KKK rally and let's what they call them. 🤣

5 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We need to encourage intelligent decent AfroAmerican men and women to pro-create and produce more of eachother. 

Gopd luck.  Many intelligent people are less interested in pro-creating and would rather make money and enjoy their lives without attachments.

Of course, less intelligent people have more time for physical education, er, recreation. 😁😎

Troy

it is curious you dodged my direct query about my Blackness from your perspective.  Don't worry about offending me

Lol..what???

Man, why would you ask that question???

Most AfroAmericans have "some" White and Native American ancestry  in their family line but you didn't say you were mixed so as far as I know you're a typical Black American AfroAmerican.

ProfD

Drop those same folks in the middle of a KKK rally and let's what they call them

Useful tools....lol.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:32 AM, Delano said:

Depends on what criteria you are using. Whether it be cultural, aesthetics, body type , facial structure. It some matrix of the above.

If you are more likely to get shot by the cops are are followed around a store I say you appear Black

Yet street cats were cool with me because we could conversate.

It's the old blacker than thou. I just prefer to deal with people not categories. Although there are exceptions. I avoid a$$h0l¢$

this is the person in question @Delano @Troy @Pioneer1 @ProfD

One grandparent who is Black and Mongolian, and another grandparent who is Black and Native Brazilian

g0hbHW.jpg-2.webp

@tipsyturv what is “black” to you?

You’ve mixed nationalities with color. There are black Mongolians and black Brazilians. What are the other two grand parents? 

I’m any event, I doubt this guy knows anything about bid whist or jack and Jill. Still she/he/they shouldn’t feel too comfortable at a trump rally.

@Pioneer1 no, I never said I was mixed, and do not consider myself mixed. However, as you wrote, like most Americans, do have white ancestry that I can point to. I also have native American ancestry that I can point to in the same line.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

@tipsyturv what is “black” to you?

You’ve mixed nationalities with color. There are black Mongolians and black Brazilians. What are the other two grand parents? 

I’m any event, I doubt this guy knows anything about bid whist or jack and Jill. Still she/he/they shouldn’t feel too comfortable at a trump rally.

@Pioneer1 no, I never said I was mixed, and do not consider myself mixed. However, as you wrote, like most Americans, do have white ancestry that I can point to. I also have native American ancestry that I can point to in the same line.

thanks for ur input! i actually said "mongolian" to simplify things a bit because this person's ancestry is actually more rare and complicated. their grandparent is Black + Kalmyk. Kalmyks are a Mongolic ethnic group that live in Russia (Kalmykia) , who are descendants of Mongolian migrants . Most people dont know what a "Kalmyk" is , as there are only about 3000 Kalmyks in America - making this person's ethnic makeup a bit more rare/unique. That's why I tried to save myself some typing by just saying "Mongolian" LOL!!! Also, I did specificlaly say "Native Brazilian". As in, Indigenous. to answer ur other question.... As I mentioned earlier in this thread to clarify things, this person's other two grandparents are African-American.

heres a pic of an ethnic Kalmyk for ur reference. very interesting people - as you see ...Asian phenotype/race but dressed like a Russian lol

main-qimg-f6e6ecd3562f77f25eb9880f1b168c14-lq.jpeg