Dr. Umar Johnson chopping it up with a successful young brother and scolding him over smoking weed....

I find it interesting that Umar Johnson smoked an entire joint and nothing happened.
I find this interesting because I've had a few similar experiences myself and it one of the reasons I DON'T smoke weed.

I've tried weed a few times in highschool and a few more times in my 20s.....once in my 30s...and left it alone.
On each occasion (except one where I believe the weed was laced) absolutely nothing happened.
I got the same effect as smoking a cigarette.

And what I really found interesting was that I was told on multiple occasions the same thing Dr. Johnson was told, that maybe you're too intellectual to get high....lol.
I was told that I "thought" too much and didn't "release" enough to get high...lol.
I do realize that I don't like the idea of losing control of myself...especially in public places...and some say this is the issue.

Regardless of the reason, it seems as if Marijuana either doesn't have an effect on me or I need MORE than the average person to produce an effect (which I wasn't willing to do).

Have any of you had similar experiences?

4 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...maybe you're too intellectual to get high....lol

That probably explains why I've never smoked weed or used drugs.😁

Also, music has always been my opiate. I can sit down and play piano or listen to music and get higher than a space shuttle.🤣😎

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Never?

You mean you've never even TRIED weed or other drugs?

Never.

Saw the destructive effects of drug use among family members and friends.

I have to be in control of my faculties at all times. 

I've never been a follower either. Always marched to the beat of my own drum.😎

ProfD

Have you ever tried alcohol, cigarettes, or even coffee....lol.

I ask these questions because I've met so many people AFTER highschool who have told me they've never done these things but when I was in school, it seems like nearly everybody was doing them or atleast tried them.

26 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

ProfD

Have you ever tried alcohol, cigarettes, or even coffee....lol.

I drink alcohol on occasion.

Both my parents were smokers when I a kid. I puffed one of their cigarettes. It wasn't for me.

I drink coffee every day. Guess caffeine is my drug too.😎

13 minutes ago, ProfD said:

I drink alcohol on occasion.

Both my parents were smokers when I a kid. I puffed one of their cigarettes. It wasn't for me.

I drink coffee every day. Guess caffeine is my drug too.😎

Ok, I can easily understand that because it sounds kind of like me.
Although neither of my Parents smoked.

I actually did smoke for a number of years...but out of boredom, not addiction.

I was told by an older person to quit BEFORE I got addicted to it and eventually I just walked away from them without the least bit of desire to go back.

But as I've gotten older, I'm less judgmental of those who do drugs and alcohol on a regular basis because you never know what they're going through in their lives that these addictions are the only thing keeping them from jumping off a building.

I now say do what you want, as long as it doesn't negatively effect me.

Now when you start ROBBING folks in the neighborhood to feed your addiction, now it's time for a talk....lol.

6 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But as I've gotten older, I'm less judgmental of those who do drugs and alcohol on a regular basis because you never know what they're going through in their lives that these addictions are the only thing keeping them from jumping off a building.

Short of  biological mental health issues, it's unfortunate that we live in the wealthiest country on the planet with people living in despair to the point of self-medication in order to cope and survive. 

Even for the mentally ill, there's no reason that we cannot insure that people who need the most help get it.

The world would be a much better place if human beings took better care of each other. Ultimately, that comes down to live and let live in peace.😎

On 3/31/2024 at 6:56 PM, ProfD said:

Even for the mentally ill, there's no reason that we cannot insure that people who need the most help get it.

You're right.....
There is no reason why people CAN NOT.
But there are plenty of reasons why many people WILL NOT.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

You're right.....
There is no reason why people CAN NOT.
But there are plenty of reasons why many people WILL NOT.

Selfishness. Greed. Fear.  To name a few. 

Regardless of reasons or excuses, we end up having to deal with it in one way or another.😎 

Weed is not a Drug....It is now an Entheogen...opening up the doors of Perception

A drug is a usually Manmade Petroleum based Chemical derivative or concoction....That I am sure we have all ingested.

If weed does not affect you - it is not Hi-Grade (Sensimilia etc.) meaning having significant level of THC/THCv....... otherwise its called "bushweed".

Every "High" is not the same depending on the type/strain of weed

Bushweed tends to give you the Munchies...Ehances appetite - it has its uses too.

To release the THC in weed it is best if heat is applied...other wise you will be mostly getting Canna's, terpenes and oils

17 hours ago, frankster said:

Weed is not a Drug....It is now an Entheogen...opening up the doors of Perception

A drug is a usually Manmade Petroleum based Chemical derivative or concoction....That I am sure we have all ingested.

If weed does not affect you - it is not Hi-Grade (Sensimilia etc.) meaning having significant level of THC/THCv....... otherwise its called "bushweed".

Every "High" is not the same depending on the type/strain of weed

Bushweed tends to give you the Munchies...Ehances appetite - it has its uses too.

To release the THC in weed it is best if heat is applied...other wise you will be mostly getting Canna's, terpenes and oils

Lol...for some reason, I figured you'd be one of the last people on here seemingly promoting the effects of ingesting Marijuana.

While I don't disagree with what you wrote, it should be understood that much of the weed on the streets of America today and most of the weed sold in the dispensaries around the nation is NOT real or natural Marijuana.

It is either fake OR has been genetically altered with the THC levels enhanced to dangerous levels.
This shit most people are smoking out here is making many of them psychotic.

• Thanks 1

Lol...for some reason, I figured you'd be one of the last people on here seemingly promoting the effects of ingesting Marijuana.

I Trust it was a Welcomed surprise?.

I am neither Promoting or Denouncing

The Facts are as they are

While I don't disagree with what you wrote,

You "don't disagree" that's good......but neither do you agree

it should be understood that much of the weed on the streets of America today and most of the weed sold in the dispensaries around the nation is NOT real or natural Marijuana.

I concur..

It is either fake OR has been genetically altered with the THC levels enhanced to dangerous levels.

True..in Most  cases

In too many Cases

I've never smoked weed. It wasn't readily available when I was coming into my hey day.  I did drink, finally settling  on vodka as my drink of choice. I started smoking in college where every body smoked PallMalls  - so we could bum our own brand, we joked. Everyome in my family smoked cigarettes or cigars  so I was a pro and gave smoking lessons to my college dorm mates. Years later I  would into run into people who complained that if it hadnt been for me, they'd never have taken up this bad habit! A very good friend of mine and a former student of my smoking classes moved to California. About 10 years later she came for a visit. After we sat down to chat and up date each other, we each pulled  out our pack of cigarettes to light up and - wadda ya know, we both smoked MORE Menthols. Long  thin brown 100s which had just come on the market. Her daughter told me that on her death bed a few years back, my friend asked for a cigarette and managed to just utter my name and chuckle... 🥲

I was ordinarily just a half-pack-a-day smoker but chain smoked when I played cards or was out partying.  When I retired from my job in 1992, I quit smoking and drinking.It wasn't something I wanted to just  lay around the house and do. (Instead I elected to write and self publish several books.) My husband had also given up smoking and went from a pack-a-day to not wanting to even  be around cigarette smoke. Reformed smokers are the worst.

Well, as you can see, I have a lot of time on my hands and since I'm now able to access this site on my phone, its very easy to go on line and come here to bore people with what has become a compulsion to share my thoughts.zzzz  I wish Mel would come back, and Chevdov  would show up more often. I feel out-numbered. And where is Troy???

Oh well, I'm done 🤪

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aka Contrarian said:

I was ordinarily just a half-pack-a-day smoker but chain smoked when I played cards or was out partying. 

I played cards with my dad and his friends when I was a kid.  Everybody at the table was smoking cigarettes except me.🤣

As you already know, second-hand smoke was not a big deal back in those days.  People smoked everywhere.  it was normal.

My cousin was an everyday chain-smoker.  That dude smoked no less than 3 packs of cigarettes per day.  He would light another cigarette with the one that was down to the filter.🤣

Well, as you can see, I have a lot of time on my hands and since I'm now able to access this site on my phone,

I'm glad you've got a handle on your smart technology.  Someone has to maintain order around here.😁

I wish Mel would come back, and Chevdov  would show up more often. I feel out-numbered. And where is Troy???

The cast of characters who were here when I joined has gotten thinner.  It was fun reading them too.

@Troy, I did not purposefully drive the forum audience away. 🤣😎

frankster

I Trust it was a Welcomed surprise?.

It was neither pleasant nor annoying.
Strictly down the middle.
Just a surprise.

Kind of like seeing a dog run across the street you're driving down...lol.

Cynique

I've never smoked weed.

Well maybe you need to start.
It's never too late....lol.

And where is Troy???

Probably somewhere buying the weed for you.
He lives in Florida so I'm sure he can get his hands on some of that Jamaican Ganja...lol.

ProfD

My cousin was an everyday chain-smoker.  That dude smoked no less than 3 packs of cigarettes per day.  He would light another cigarette with the one that was down to the filter.

You said "was"...has he passed?
And if so, how old was he?

I did not purposefully drive the forum audience away

Social Media drove most of them away.

They'd rather be harassed by the facebook police and spend time in the facebook jail, rather than communicate with eachother on a Black owned website where they have relative freedom to do and say what they like.

I've said it over and over again and although nobody has disagreed with me, I can tell most still don't believe it....

Many people -and especially most women- do NOT like posting on sites where there is light or almost no moderation.

Oh THEY love the ability to say and post whatever THEY want...but they don't want others to enjoy that same right.

They like to be able to go to the moderator or administrator and complain about posts or posters they don't like and get them in trouble and banned.

That was one of the problems with that Lipstick Alley site.
A bunch of people running around snitching on eachother and forming little cliques to fight and squabble among themselves over petty shit.

And they REALLY don't like a site being moderated by a straight Black man.

5 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

My cousin was an everyday chain-smoker.  That dude smoked no less than 3 packs of cigarettes per day.  He would light another cigarette with the one that was down to the filter.

You said "was"...has he passed?
And if so, how old was he?

He was a much older cousin. I'm guessing he passed away in his early 60s. That was almost 30 years ago.😎

The body language of Umar and the other guy was off. They both were shaking their feet, like they were nervous or something made me a bit wary.

when I was a lot younger, and you could still smoke anywhere, I would occasionally have a cigarette because it would give me a quick buzz. But now I don’t smoke at all seems like a dumb expensive habit. my mom still smokes. I brought her a pack of cigarettes the other day and they cost 15 bucks maybe more. Supposedly they text the heck out of them to discourage use. but it’s just very regressive tax. They need to ban these products as they so bad for your health.

i’ve tried a variety of weed products over the years, especially after they became legal. They have had  variety of effects on me from euphoria to lethargy, and no effect at all. If I could get to euphoric effect consistently, I probably would use weed more often, but I don’t so I don’t mess with the products nowadays.

I drink barely regularly. I’ll have a glass of wine or two with dinner a few times a week. I’m hanging out depending on my mood I have a beer, wine or whiskey. My cocktail of choice is a Manhattan.

I will occasionally have a cigar, but it is a social activity that I engage in when playing poker with the fellas and then I may only do that once a year is about the fellowship of ritual of sorts.

@aka Contrarian it is always a pleasure when you post. I’m always anxious to hear what you have to say and have a special affinity for you. I’m sure if you just tag @Mel Hopkins and @Chevdove they will respond next time they are on the boards. I went away for a few days because my daughters were in town and we were hanging out.

@Pioneer1 yeah I think social media was the biggest thing to impact this forum and forums in general. Like cigarettes those platforms are designed to be addictive and keep the users engaged there. People have a fixed amount of times in their lives, and social media comes at cost. Attention is a zero sum game. The more time we spend on social the less time we will spend playing outside, participating in discussion forums, reading the book, making love, etc.

@frankster and @ProfD continue to make the forum interesting. If it were not for them and Pioneer, I don’t know where would be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

...continue to make the forum interesting.  I don’t know where would be. 

Bro, I'll be lounging in this easy chair until the lights are turned out and/or I'm evicted.🤣

Despite the limited participation, there is good discussion here from all of the contributors. 

I find this forum to be a good mix of opinion, information, knowledge and humor too. 

Some music like Jazz is an acquired taste and therefore appeals to a smaller audience. 

McDonald's isn't the the most nutritious food but it sells because it's cheap.

Same thing applies to most forms of social interaction and entertainment. 

Anything that requires a deeper level of thought, comprehension or expression is a heavier lift. 

OTOH, gossip and trash talk is usually where the goats can get it.  Cheaper entertainment.😎

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Troy said:

@frankster and @ProfD continue to make the forum interesting. If it were not for them and Pioneer, I don’t know where would be. 

Probably somewhere smoking different types of weed trying to decide which one you want for the Solar Eclipse weekend.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:15 PM, Pioneer1 said:

While I don't disagree with what you wrote, it should be understood that much of the weed on the streets of America today and most of the weed sold in the dispensaries around the nation is NOT real or natural Marijuana.

Both you and  @frankster  make excellent points.  I took a puff when I was a teen - and never took another puff.   I'm like @ProfD in this respect. I need to be in control of all my faculties at all times. I don't even drink wine in public.   Still, if it was natural marijuana, I wouldn't judge anyone who smoked it.  I've always been able to naturally leave this dimension, but some people need assistance to with the connect with the DIVINE - so who am I to judge?

Mel

I took a puff when I was a teen - and never took another puff. 

Sounds about right.
Just from our limited interactions I figured you weren't a weed smoker...lol.

Honestly, except for a few people who have posted on this site in the past...nobody on here seems like typical weed smokers to me.

You can't always tell on the internet, but offline I usually can EASILY tell those who smoke weed from those who don't.

Not only that.....
I can nail it down to whether they smoke weed that's home grown naturally or they like smoking the shit they get from the dispensaries....lol.
Extremely accurate.

I've always been able to naturally leave this dimension

Can you Lucid Dream?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Can you Lucid Dream?

First let me share how I define Lucid Dreaming. 

"Lucid dreams are dreams in which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. This awareness can allow the dreamer to control some or all aspects of the dream, such as the setting, characters, and event."

And yes, I'm aware of my dreams - and I recall them and write them down. I had one this morning because I thought about how some celebrities hire stylists to put their looks together. So before I awoke, I summoned two stylists from my dream to get an idea of how I could update my style. I usually allow myself to do this often when I need direction or course correction. I hadn't thought about it until you asked.  🤯

47 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

First let me share how I define Lucid Dreaming. 

And yes, I'm aware of my dreams - and I recall them and write them down. I had one this morning because I thought about how some celebrities hire stylists to put their looks together. So before I awoke, I summoned two stylists from my dream to get an idea of how I could update my style. I usually allow myself to do this often when I need direction or course correction. I hadn't thought about it until you asked.  🤯

I've been trying to learn how to Lucid Dream for years.
I know quite a few people who....like you...said it comes natural to them.
One dude I know who is in his 60s says that he's been doing it since he was a kid.

You describe the 1st stage of Lucid Dreaming which is being aware that you are dreaming but in more advanced stages you can actually manipulate the dream itself.

Me and the other poster frankster agree that dreams often are gateways to other Realities.
So Lucid Dreaming is a Spiritual gift.

42 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Me and the other poster frankster agree that dreams often are gateways to other Realities.
So Lucid Dreaming is a Spiritual gift.

We all have this Spiritual gift. Some of us, however, are born into families that prevent us from experiencing it. 

Determining what elements I want in the dream would be like writing a story. I may have an idea for the characters or the story's setting, but I relax and let the characters reveal themselves in any setting they choose. I don't consciously decide the elements per se. - I drift off to sleep with a concept like the one I had this morning when I wanted to know more about personal stylists. If I told them what to bring or decided where we'd go, I'd miss out on going somewhere I've never been. 

The beauty of lucid dreaming is exploration. (I don't know if I have out-of-body experiences, but I do "go" to new places)

The two "dream" stylists even brought colors that I wouldn't normally wear—but even then, the colors they chose from the lavender and purple family revealed a story. The theme of my dream was "majestic," which wasn't surprising to me because my last thought before drifting off was Meghan Markle's new stylist. Lol. Still, the theme was based on information I was seeking without using a digital search engine, but a spiritual one. 

You didn't ask, but if you don't mind, I suggest relaxing by breathing before you drift off to sleep. With your eyes open, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. (yes, be a mouthbreather for a few breaths 😊) Then, when you're ready, close your eyes while conscious of your breathing. Before you drift off, think of something you'd like to know the answer to but wouldn't ask anyone. Communicate the question to the DIVINE. Keep breathing while focusing on the information you want THE DIVINE to share. FOCUS on the DIVINE. Be persistent about not going into a deep sleep - if you go too deep, you will have a different outcome. (Nothing uncomfortable.  But I feel deep sleep is for healing.)

The most important thing is knowing you will get the results you desire. 

4 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

You didn't ask, but if you don't mind, I suggest relaxing by breathing before you drift off to sleep. With your eyes open, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. (yes, be a mouthbreather for a few breaths 😊

Of course, I don't have anything constructive to add but here's a suggestion....

Brush your teeth and tongue really well before bedtime.

Do not let halitosis come between a lucid dream and a funky nightmare.🤣

I just really want to say...hey sista @Mel Hopkins.🤗

Glad you decided to pop in and check on the fam.😁😎

• Haha 1

Mel

Yeah, I didn't ask you because I've asked so many Lucid Dreamers how they did it and tried different things but much of it didn't seem to work.

Right now, I'm happy to know it's real and that others experience it.
That knowledge is enough to sustain me until I get my own experience.

I'm not religious but as I get older and wiser the more and more I understand that scripture that says "blessed are those who believe without having to see".

Based on what I've researched and just talking to people, my faith in the Spiritual World is so strong that I believe in it more than I believe in the existence of China.
So perhaps an "experience" isn't necessary for me like it may be for others.

But I feel deep sleep is for healing.

Healing yourself AND others.

I've read that during deep sleep, many people from this Reality practice healing and other Spiritual work in other Realities but wake up knowing nothing about it besides the feeling that they've been very busy during their sleep.

ProfD

Brush your teeth and tongue really well before bedtime.

Do not let halitosis come between a lucid dream and a funky nightmare.

Sounds like preparing for a WET dream...not a LUCID dream, lol.

BTW...anything YOU add is constructive bro.
Never be shy.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:28 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Cynique

I've never smoked weed.

Well maybe you need to start.
It's never too late....lol.

And where is Troy???

Probably somewhere buying the weed for you.
He lives in Florida so I'm sure he can get his hands on some of that Jamaican Ganja...lol.

@Pioneer1what is it with you and all your silly attempts at humor? In another post you suggested I take LSD if I wanted to expand my mind. Now after smugly announcing that you are too intelligent to be affected by marajuana, you suggest, for no discernable reason, that I should start smoking weed. In another goofy  post you proposed that you and Chevdov find me a man since I mentioned that I was bored, and in yet another thread you snidely implied that you were "sexually hararrassing" me.  It would be different if such attempts at humor were clever but they are, instead, lame since, in regard to the last one,  I am 90 years old, and you are too old and over the hill to be my boy toy. And I have no intention of complaining to Troy about your buffoonery. Nor have I nor any other female regular on this site ever done so. We handle you ourselves. 

Now, (I have to keep reminding myself to refer to Marijuana as "weed", not "pot" or "reefer" as it was called in my day when jazz musicians were who mostly "toked" it.) I just read somewhere that said if you can remember your dreams you are lucid not dreaming.

As of late, every time I doze off, I enter into a vivid dream world where I'm always trying to overcome obstacles that are impeding my progress. The people in the dreams are mostly dead friends and family members and the scenarios are repetitive. I am inclined to attribute this  to the BP meds and all  the otc  supplements I take.  e.g. garlic caps,  ginger root, ginko biloba, and  magnesium.  And the cocktail of fruit juice I drink each morning that contains blueberry and strawberry concentrates, pomegrant, mango, pineapple, lemon, and orange juice. I make a big container of this concoction and store it in the fridge. Half way through the week, it has fermented and is quite potent.  I really get a buzz from my morning glass of it. So between my meds and my fruit cocktail, who needs weed?

I am to the point where my entire existence consists of me just alternating equally between the wake world and the dream world. It's weird. The longer I live the more aware I become of another environment available to me by simply closing my eyes...

On 4/4/2024 at 7:28 PM, Pioneer1 said:

7 hours ago, aka Contrarian said:

@Pioneer1what is it with you and all your silly attempts at humor? In another post you suggested I take LSD if I wanted to expand my mind. Now after smugly announcing that you are too intelligent to be affected by marajuana, you suggest, for no discernable reason, that I should start smoking weed. In another goofy  post you proposed that you and Chevdov find me a man since I mentioned that I was bored, and in yet another thread you snidely implied that you were "sexually hararrassing" me.  It would be different if such attempts at humor were clever but they are, instead, lame since, in regard to the last one,  I am 90 years old, and you are too old and over the hill to be my boy toy. And I have no intention of complaining to Troy about your baffoonery. Nor have I nor any other female regular on this site ever done so. We handle you ourselves. 

😏Well, apparently Mel finds some of my jokes funny, so........
Not sure what YOUR problem(s) is(are).

I am to the point where my entire existence consists of me just alternating equally between the wake world and the dream world. It's weird. The longer I live the more aware I become of another environment available to me by simply closing my eyes...

Well forget about the Acid and Weed and the Boy Toys.
Sounds like that liquor you can't wait to get ahold of and guzzle down every morning, is enough to satisfy YOUR appetite.....lol

25 minutes ago, aka Contrarian said:

@Pioneer1Are my comments so provocative that you just can't ignore them, or at least refrain from making your responses so silly and irrelevant?  

I was going to ask YOU the very same thing, since this is MY thread....and your exotic juice drinking azz is all UP in it, trying to get my attention....lol.

@Pioneer1I was not aware that what appears  on this site becomes the exclusive domain of whomever posts it. Certainly not a protocol you observe with your imposing self.  At least I adhered to the tone of the discussion while you, to whom straw man tactics are second nature, were all off-key. You could hardly wait to inject yourself into my remarks, stumbling in your feeble attempt at being on point. 

I assure you, the less attention I get from you the better I like it. Your attention is unwanted, Dummy. Like dog shit, you're all over the place so it's hard to avoid interacting with others without having to deal with you.  in the future, ignore me and  I'll do the same to you. 

FB_IMG_1709006732681.thumb.jpg.a2a24fc9793a619225fed2ba1986966f.jpg

🤣 👉 

Cynique

Lol....woman, it took you 2 HOURS to come up with that weak shit???

ignore me and  I'll do the same to you.

Is that a promise? 🤗
Don't make promises you don't intend to keep.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 9:05 AM, Troy said:

@aka Contrarian it is always a pleasure when you post. I’m always anxious to hear what you have to say and have a special affinity for you. I’m sure if you just tag @Mel Hopkins and @Chevdove they will respond next time they are on the boards. I went away for a few days because my daughters were in town and we were hanging out.

Same here @Troy. I'm always tuned into @aka Contrarian as well as other regulars here too. I am hoping to slow down and lounge here longer but I'm so busy right now. I see @Mel Hopkins has commented here and love to read her too and others as well. It's so good to hear the opinions of the men in this community but aka Contrarian seems to hit the spot! Even when she is 'contrary', nevertheless, she nails it for me.