So you think Scientology and Islam can both be true?

Could it be our perception is merely a function of our physicality, the result of the combination of the structure of our genes, our environment, and experiences?  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Troy said:

Even something as mundane as what happens to "us" after we die can't be known.  

been there, done that... got the scars to prove it... :P

21 hours ago, Troy said:

If you could hop a ride on the back of a photon there would be no concept of time.  No past, past present or future.  

@Troy Somehow, I get the feeling you're with me on unknowable tip - unknown is different from unknowable -

But once again, this discussion board inspired another blog post...Maybe I will start up a blog here too just so I can provide commentary to our discussions!  Here's the The Unknowable got you under a spell

Yes, of course, Mel to be clear I do mean unknowable to us, in our present fleeting corporeal form which is locked into this particular timeline, in the space-time continuum of one of an infinite number of universes in the multiverse.

Wait, what? Did I miss something about you and an NDE?

46 minutes ago, Troy said:

which is locked into this particular timeline

That's just it!  We are NOT locked into this particular timeline.  We choose to be.

47 minutes ago, Troy said:

Wait, what? Did I miss something about you and an NDE?

And yes  but it wasn't near... I was a  goner but returned.  I guess my body was viable enough to inhabit it once again.   My experience in eternity was nothing like you described especially "time" because there isn't any.

Yes we all remain who we are but there is a oneness so there's no need to individuate in eternity.  Or maybe it's not possible while you're in eternity because you are ONE... Some people say my earthly perception of what eternity would be like influenced my experience but it did not.   I grew up in the church - fire-brimstone church and when I returned to the ONE it was nothing like preachers talk about - NOTHING...  Prior to my death. I was heavily in to magic spells and casting - when I returned, I didn't anymore.   I became extremely interested in life , and experiencing it while searching  for that feeling - that wholeness, completeness or agreement  that I felt when I was in eternity... The weird thing though when I was there, I said I had to go back because I had something to do - and as quickly as I said I had to go back... I was back here. 

• Like 1

If there are an infinite number of universes, there are those who believe you can occupy any one of them--effectively changing your reality.  In this universe, I'm slogging away in relative obscurity trying to uplift my people.  In another, I'm in corporate America living a comfortable life, complaining with my pals about those ghetto negroes and their laziness.  We choose our reality...

Mel, is it possible that you did not actually die? Where you officially pronounced dead? Could it be than what you experienced were that last throes of brain activity prior to physical death?  I ask not to dispute your experience (I can't do that), but to clarify what happened to you and to see how you may have addressed alternative explanations for the experience.  This stuff fascinates me :-)

Perhaps one reason you came back was to help AALBC.com :D  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Mel, is it possible that you did not actually die? Where you officially pronounced dead? Could it be than what you experienced were that last throes of brain activity prior to physical death?

@Troy, As a former high-flying flight attendant for 8 years, I learned one thing about death in this dimension - you can be dead as a door nail for hours or until your flight lands and pulls into the gate but as far as the state is concerned  you are "alive". 

Next time you hear of someone being unresponsive but on the way to the hospital ... that means they've left earth as we know it but no one in authority has pronounced them dead. 

Death here in America is a legal term - but when you give up the ghost that's an esoteric ... Yes, my soul departed my body... when they joined together again I was lying on the street in the arms of an angel who happened to be a nurse... How wild is that? She actually cradled my body and when I returned I heard her say "Come back to me, baby. Come back" 

The next thing I remember was being in the hospital having an ear reattached, my face sewn up and a doctor talking to my mother and stepfather.  It was all surreal but not is surreal is being among the dearly departed... Another reason I know I "eft" is because when I returned I was able to occupy several dimensions and the ability remains. (I say dimensions for a lack of a better definition  because really there's no here or  there...there's only here and now. 

4 hours ago, Troy said:

Perhaps one reason you came back was to help AALBC.com 

I believe so too! :D

• Like 1

@Mel In keeping with the idea of multi-verses, perhaps you did die in another world where your death was mourned. You are alive and well in this one, and maybe disabled in yet another one where you are describing how you became crippled.  There are infinite possibilities in this school of thought.

As for there being a oneness to humanity, this idea plays into another school of thought about there being a "god head" from which everyone came and to where everyone returns. The late Carl Sagan described humans as star children because they are all made up of the same elements as the stars.  Implicit in the big bang theory is that it spawned everything, making us all parts of a whole.     

• Like 2

Language is a way to describe the contents of the mind. Words and Numbers are equivalent. Since I look at the time associated with a word. And the meaning of a number. Word is to Number as magnetism is to electricity.

3 hours ago, Delano said:

The mind, the soul and,information reside non locally. 

If I believed there was such a thing as unknowable - ^ THIS would go in that category!   I agree because when I was out of my body... I "traveled" with my consciousness.  I was "me" traveling to a "place"... I conversed with THE ALL in  the space I  call the "Aether" ... but that place was not a location. 

Mel

Most people claim to see deceased relatives when they visit the other side too.

Anyway, I LOVE reading about near death experiences and hearing stories from those who've had them.
They've fascinated me for well over 20 years.
I've followed Dr Raymond Moody's work as well as PMH Atwater and others.
I've said for some time now that we really need to hear more stories from Black NDR'ers.
After all..............
Our great grand fathers and mothers were telling stories of leaving their bodies and journeying to the other side and seeing spirits for centuries before it became "fashionable" among Whites to admit it.

Perhaps one reason you came back was to help AALBC.com

Besides coming back to help AALBC....another reason you came back was probably for the same reason millions of others who've been to the other side and came back to tell it have...to help dispell the lies of organized religion and to usher in new beliefs for a new world.

Beliefs that are based on TRUTH and not scare tactics.

BTW.....
You should have posted this story in the "Spirituality" thread.

• Like 1

@Delano , some one I know really well and person you have met, reminded me about their astral projection.

They were hovering over their body and actually observed some one else in the apartment.  They noticed each other but did not communicate.

The person said the observed what appears to be a cord connecting them to their body.  I read about that cord and hear if it breaks you will not find your way back to your body and you will die.  Sometimes when people are discovered dead for no known reason this could be the cause.

Still it could be a mind trick... 

They say if you ever feel like you've been dropped into your bed. That was you returning to your body.

• Like 1

When it happened to me I was just startled, but not hurt, perhaps I experienced something else..

• Like 1

I remember reading about  an experiment conducted by an investigator of paranormal activity wherein he placed  a  very distinctive looking  object on the top of a  tall cabinet in a hospital operating room, the height of said cabinet making the object on top of it out of view to anyone was wasn't over 7 feet tall.  Then, anytime  patients who had undergone surgery claimed they'd left their body, the investigator would ask them to describe their surroundings and what they remembered seeing.  He said the people claiming these OBEs were all eager to describe everything the saw "while looking down  from the ceiling".  Most patients when into great detail when doing this, but not one ever mentioned seeing the colorful object on top of the cabinet... 

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard about that text too Cynique.  I also understand doctors and induce the experiences people commonly claim they have went going to the other side, the white light, feeling of calm, etc.

Del if the person swore me to secrecy I would not have shared anything.  They just did not want to relate the story here and I chose to make them anonymous.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Most people claim to see deceased relatives when they visit the other side too.

"see" is an interesting way to describe energy - I did "see" too but what "saw" wasn't with my eyes.   It was more like "seeing" motion in which all were represented. Yes as @Delano mentioned sort of like the sea of tranquilty that spoke as one.  Speaking of which, another thing I brought back with me was the ability to use my sense of "feel"... so I wonder if those claims are more that they are able to "feel" their deceased relatives -  Like @Cynique mentioned "Words fail us in this dimension. 

On 3/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You should have posted this story in the "Spirituality" thread.

Agreed.  It seems magick and spirituality are connected though.

16 hours ago, Troy said:

astral projection

My mom said she saw herself hovering over her body.  It was during a time she was grieving for my father.   Also it wasn't her first time experiencing a projection .  When she was younger she saw a man sitting on the wall in her room 

She said her own projection scared her and I think she willed herself to never allow it happen again.   I have a feeling we can literally do all these things but choose against it.  

In a way, it makes sense how grieving loved ones can follow the one who preceded them in death.  The "Give up the ghost" idiom must have started with this type of transition.

• Like 1

It is possible to remote view and see the future. I have three small.projects. I am going to get an inspired definition of the following: consciousness; time; and God. 

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 Mel's post does fit under Magick as I defined it. I find it interesting that you correct someone that has knowledge and experience in a field of which you are ignorant. Its a thinly veiled attempt to exert your perceived expertise in a topic, that you don't understand as practitioners do nor those who are curious. 

I don't know about the "magic" part, but I KNOW astral projection is real because I've left my body before.

That's how I know a spiritual world exists

Delano

Mel's post does fit under Magick as I defined it. I find it interesting that you correct someone that has knowledge and experience in a field of which you are ignorant. Its a thinly veiled attempt to exert your perceived expertise in a topic, that you don't understand as practitioners do nor those who are curious.

I guess you got THIS erroneous assumption from your cloudy "crystal ball" like you've gotten the OTHER erroneous assumptions, such as me being too lazy to read a book...lol.

....no facts to solidly back up your accusations.

....just  nonsensical jabs and innuendos here and there.

What Mel related was a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.
It had little to do with YOUR definition (as if you're qualified to define it) of magic, astrology, lucky charms, or froot loops hanging from her neck.

Furthermore, YOU sir should be careful who you accuse of being ignorant about the field of spirituality because......

1. If you'd bother to READ my posts and try to understand them instead of just looking for a an opportunity to slander me......you'd read where I've studied NDE's for well over 20 years.
I've studied the material from various researchers as well as listened to personal experiences from those who've had them, so I'm not completely ignorant to this subject.

2. YOU have yet to prove YOUR skills or abilities be it in spiritually OR in the field of magic.
I've asked you repeatedly to prove you skills by giving us verifiable information about events with dates that will happen in the future and instead of doing so you've repeatedly provided us only with flimsy excuses for not doing so while regurgitating often outdated information you've gotten from White magicians and occultists of the past.

For example you latest post.........
You just claimed that it IS possible to remote view and see the future.....so why don't you PROVE IT?

Go into the future and bring us back some verifiable information to show that you know what you're talking about.

@Pioneer the topic is Magic not Spirituality . Astral Projection is Magick. You read I practice. You have no practical experience of Magick. Nor are you logical. What I said still stands.  You want to be an authority in a field you have read about peripherally.  Reading and talking to a few Magicians,  and comprehending little is not research. 

You are demonstrating your ignorance and arrogance. 

You may be confusing spirtuality and Magick. Notice in the thread about Spirituality I made no criticisms. 

Mel practiced Magick, Troy studied Astrolgy, Cynique is a Magus. And you are the only one having issues with what I  am saying.  Disagree but make a rational not emotional argument. Or not. It's not likely that you and I will have a rational discussion. The mutual monologue  is over. 

Del

You are demonstrating your ignorance and arrogance

Well, atleast SOMEBODY is demonstrating SOMETHING....lol.

I've been asking YOU to demonstrate your skills for quite some time now and all we get is more talk and sorry excuses.

BTW....there seems to be TWO Delanos with two clearly different writing skills:

One who speaks abstractly and can barely post a legible and understandable sentence.
And another who is quite articulate in wording.

Between the two of you sharing that computer it seems like you both could have came up with SOMETHING positive to demonstrate your knowledge of the craft.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

Del

You are demonstrating your ignorance and arrogance

Well, atleast SOMEBODY is demonstrating SOMETHING....lol.

We agree.

@Pioneer . No one has asked for your opinon on Magic. I have nothing to say to a closed mind. I notice that you haven't liked anyone elses post on either this or Spirtuality. I am here to share and acknowledge others. 

If you noticed.....I haven't used that feature on ANY post.

If I went around "liking" every post on this site that I found interesting or agreed with I wouldn't have time to do anything else.
I like most of them and disagree with few.
Believe it or not, I don't disagree with MOST of what YOU write and tend to like a lot of it....lol.

It's just not a feature that I use.
But you DO make a point, perhaps I should start using it more.

As far as you "sharing".......lol.
How do we know what you have to share is even WORTH sharing if you haven't demonstrated it's value?

Again, if you have the ability to predict future events then we should expect an accurate demonstration to verify your claims, this is only common sense.
If we can't verify what you say, how do people know that what you're sharing isn't just useless or false information?

@Pioneer I have literally done hundreds a free readings. I have offered Mel a Magickal spell. I have read for Cynique she was underwhelmed,but she appreciated the effort.  I read Troy's entire family. I gave Troy an extensive reading.  You may be interested but your tone is condescending and off putting.  You may not mean it but it is.  I charge between $100 to $142 per hour. I don't need to prove it. I used to do a lot of free readings.  People don't appreciate free. Troy Mel and Cynique would appreciate the effort because whether they believe in Astrology they believe in me.

You're the only saying I have stale dead white guy knowledge. 

As far as I know @Del and @Delano are the same person.  The differences in writing styles I assumed were due to the platform being used.  The bad writing I assumed made have been on a cell phone or similar device where typing and correcting errors is harder.

Del speaking of readings last night I was talking to Maya about this conversation and the first thing Maya said was, "When is Del doing my reading."  I was actually surprised cause I know you did it, but I thought I gave it to her.  Apparently, I did not.  Do you happen to have a copy?  I'm sure I have a hard copy, but all my Astrology material must be in FL.

@Troy the reading I did at your place would have been over ten years ago. I'll have a look. About when did i do the second reading.

I don't think you did Maya then. You must have done it via email.  I can query the archives, when I get a chance, to see if I can nail down a time frame.  Did you do it around the same time you did others on the website?

Yes I am typing from a phone.

@Pioneer you have some pronoun problems. You again are confusing your personal statement with a global one. You haven't received proof of any magic ability. You also claim i have not demonstrated any fresh esoteric knowledge. That is a personal opinion that clearly isn't universal.  How do you know how many Black people I have read or offered esoteric advice.  

Your requests which sound like demands will go unanswered by me directly. 

@Troy I'm moving Friday  and I'm starting a new job on Monday. So ill have a look next week.

@DelanoI'm curious and amused how you and Troy were always so impatient with me for not ignoring Sara's attacks instead of retaliating with my own insults . Now  both of you aren't the least bit reluctant to  exchange personal slurs with Pioneer during your differences of opinion.  Why do you think this is?:rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Cynique its my ego. And its a waste if time on my part. I am breaking my own rule. You cant prove anything,much less so to to a person who is dogmatic and sure of their position. Duly noted and thank you,Cynique. It's my Achilles Heal. I spend an exorbitant amount of time and energy perfecting my craft.  And tend to overreact to criticism from disbelievers.  I need to bury this and focus on my craft and my steadily growing clients both paid and otherwise. 

Once again I appreciate your wise counsel.

Del

• Like 1

Will go back to posting sporadically for those very reasons Cynique. The noise to signal ratuo is too high. And I need to lower it.

Cynique speaking for myself I do not feel, in the least bit, that Pioneer has slurred me in any way close to the way you and Sara did each other. I definitely would not put anything Pioneer or I wrote in the same category. I'm very surprised you have drawn that conclusion.  

Share with me something specific that I have written about Pioneer that has insulted him that way you and Sara dissed each other.  Or find something pioneer has written against me that you feel rises to the level of your exchanges with Sara.  Maybe I missed something.

As far as Del and Pioneer, speaking with my moderator hat on.  As Del just wrote the S/N ratio on the spirituality thread is higher than I would like too, because there are some potentially good things that could come out if it.  For example, I'm going to try to astral project again (no, I never wrote that I did this myself previously).  It has renewed my interest in the subject.

Back to Del and Pioneer.  I do think Del has gone in on Pioneer a bit hard, harder than he normally does to others.  But this is not Del's normal pattern and as he said it is not a pattern he wants to maintain. He does not do this in every exchange with everyone, the way Sara did.

Pioneer really has not changed his pattern, but again he has apparently irked Del on the spirituality thread.  So if Del asked me I would suggest that rather than reply in the sarcastic or condescending manner he has, he should just ignore Pioneer for now.  

I know you did not want me to ban* Sara, but she was getting progressively more vulgar.  Kola got my the last discussion banned by Google, and immediately stopped posting after she shit all over the place.  I'm not keen on having this happen again. Besides when she called you a "nig-er bi-ch." she crossed a line.

As liberal as I try to be I have to draw a line somewhere.

*BTW Sara (and Kola for that matter) are technically not banned they can post here anytime.  They just can't get a buck wild.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.