Delano

Astrological Prediction the end of Trump's Presidency

I would say symbols are chosen or given meaning by the group. So symbols can't be divorced from the group that created it. The same is true for language. Personally I don't believe symbols have meanings in and of them selves. The reflect the culture that utilises them.

That's interesting Troy because the white kiday at school listened to Rock and the brothers listened to hip hop and Rnb and bands my cousin who was a musician listened to as well. But I couldn't get either group to listen to the others music. 

@Troy

29 minutes ago, Delano said:

I would say symbols are chosen or given meaning by the group. So symbols can't be divorced from the group that created it. The same is true for language.

Hangs-man noose and  the word nigger weren’t chosen black Americans nor did they give either meaning.  However the symbol and language  incites fear and triggers anxiety in an individual or in a group dynamic. This may  interfere  with their decision-making abilities and in no way can they divorce themselves from it.  But to be clear it was never their choice.

However, those who did choose to create the symbol and the language have done a great job of divorcing themselves from it.  In fact, they’ve created a whole tiki-torch carrying group and assigned it to them.  

So again, decision (strike down) choice - to perceive.  

Now i’ll agree outside forces can interfere with our decision making abilities ... but even then, there are ways to keep outside influences at bay.  

On 9/22/2018 at 4:37 PM, Troy said:

Now my peers in the south, western New York, philly were much more into fuck which I really enjoyed -- even more than rap

Couldn't resist.  Everybody enjoys a good fuck now and then...  😱   Talk about a Freudian slip.  😧

When i was growing up, radio was the main way to hear music.  And you could dial from station to station.  To me, i liked what i liked, whatever the genre; anything that had good lyrics and a strong melody grabbed me.  My choices were made for me. 😑

Symbols are silent messages that trigger a conditioned response in the brain. American flags make patriots emotional.  Swastikas stir pride in white nationalists.  A raised fist logo spikes aggression in black people.  Crosses  calm Christians.  Traffic symbols instruct drivers.  The silence of symbols is loud.   Letters are symbols that when arranged a certain way inspire  sounds that have  meaning.  Symbols are cool. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

Everybody enjoys a good fuck now and then.

Hilarious, yeah, I'm sure Brother Troy meant 'flunk' but the slip was amusing!

I experience very strong emotions looking people in the face and comparing expressions to how I feel at the moment, and listening to the tone of their voices which inspires, anger, or inspired strong resentment (hatred); nothing some Coltrane, Davis, Lurie, Knight, and Ojays can mellow out.  *ucking urges happen whenever the wind blows too hard.  However, I wonder @Cynique sister, when you turned the dial on the radio searching for a choice what symbol or emotion encouraged to turn on the radio in the first place?

4 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Hilarious, yeah, I'm sure Brother Troy meant 'flunk' but the slip was amusing!

i wouldn't think to "flunk" would be enjoyable if you're trying to acquire knowledge about music.  😉  Can i please get a FUNK here??   (Do you males on this site ever choose to proof read????)   😬

4 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

However, I wonder @Cynique sister, when you turned the dial on the radio searching for a choice what symbol or emotion encouraged to turn on the radio in the first place?

No visual symbol came to mind; just an invisible urge to have my ears satisfied.  And whichever among my favorite popular songs happened to be playing as i turned the radio knob, was the choice that was made for me.  😚

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.