Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Kill Us All!

Technology has always been utilized to make our lives more efficient.  Convenience comes with a cost. 

Some *old* products and jobs will be phased out.  New opportunities will emerge. 

As always, there will be people who know how to ride the wave and take advantage of technology.  Some folks will get left behind or slowly catch up.

IMO, AI will be most beneficial in speeding up processes in making certain tasks less tedious and/or time-consuming especially in high-level applications.

Human beings won't use AI for most daily tasks and things that make us...human.

Anything that requires interaction based on feeling and emotion will remain in the realm of human beings.

A microwave can cook anything.  Yet, most people still prefer to use a stove, oven or grill to cook their food mainly because it tastes better.😎

A microwave CANNOT cook anything or everything. 

Chefs, restaurant owners and hotel and resort cooks all have their personal ideas and preferences. But one would have to be a special kind of fool to believe any sort of food or cooking aid can be microwaved safely. So do millions of folks who swear they know their way around a stove and a kitchen.

Here are 27 things one should NEVER put in a microwave:

1. China: The metal trim on china can overheat and damage the dish.
  2. Bread: Bread molecules begin to melt once it reaches a high temperature.
  3. Single-Use Plastic: Single-use plastics can melt and leave phthalates in your food.
  4. Breast Milk: Milk heats unevenly and could scald your infant.
  5. Frozen Meat: You'll be left with half frozen and half-cooked meat.
  6. Nothing: Running the microwave with nothing in it can ruin the appliance.
  7. Old Mugs: Some old glazes contain heavy metals and lead.
  8. Twist Ties: The metal in the ties can spark when heated.
  9. Uncooked Rice: Bacteria in rice cannot be removed via microwave.
  10. Cup of Water: This can create superheated water that explodes.
  11. Food Without a Cover: The high internal temp will likely cause a mess.
  12. Oil: Oil is a fat, not a liquid, and won't heat properly.
  13. Hot Dogs: The heated preservatives can spark.
  14. Travel Mugs: The stainless steel can ruin your microwave.
  15. Mushrooms: Susceptible to microorganisms, nuking these can make you sick.
  16. Hard-boiled Eggs: Steam can't escape the egg which can cause an explosion.
  17. Old Leftovers: There is little nutritional value after nuking leftovers multiple times.
  18. Hot Peppers: The chemicals released have a similar effect to pepper spray.
  19. Takeout Box: The metal handle can spark when heated.
  20. Leftover Potatoes: Excess spore growth could lead to botulism and make you sick.
  21. Frozen Butter: You'll be left with butter that is half frozen and half-melted.
  22. Leafy Greens: Leafy greens tend to spark when microwaved.
  23. Frozen Fruit: The extreme temperature change can create dangerous carcinogens.
  24. Aluminum Foil: Crinkled foil can spark when microwaved.
  25. Cookware with Metal: The metal can overheat and damage the dish.
  26. Yogurt Containers: Single-use plastics can melt and leak phthalates.
  27. Burned Containers: Once burned, containers release cancer-causing chemicals.

27 Things Never to Put in a Microwave

19 hours ago, Delano said:

click bait I've come across.

Well TikTok did not like it. It was the least viewed video I’ve published since i started posting videos on TikTok

19 hours ago, ProfD said:

Anything that requires interaction based on feeling and emotion will remain in the realm of human beings.

if it is virtual I’m sure AI will easily mimic human interaction and may even be superior to it. It has already passed the touring test

I’m not so sure about the list @Stefanmodern microwave are designed to defrost frozen meat. This past Sunday i melted a stick of frozen butter for some butter milk pancakes i made. 

but i never cook a meal using a microwave.

I 've always wondered what Ezekiel saw by the river Chebar, Ezekiel chapter 1, around 600 BC during Babylonian

captivity.  He called them 'living creatures.'  Each one had four faces, four wings, and were lifted up from the face of the Earth. 

If they weren't robots or artificial intelligence that Ezekiel saw, then nothing has been.  Are there robots, artificial intelligence in the

Kingdom of  God? We know there are animals like on earth in the Kingdom of God, because in the book of ACTS Paul saw a vessel come down

with animals, and was told to eat.  But where 'made' or 'created' entities such as robots or artificial intelligence

exists, can those beings that create such artifacts, be said to be eternal beings, or angels?  Why would angels, or God himself, need

artificial intelligence, other than the fact he is the Creator.   AI  seems to go against our notions of God?  Why would

God need robots?

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Troy!

I've been avoiding this subject because I just did not understand. 

But now, after listening to this thread, I realize that I have to know about it in order to keep up with this younger generation!

So, I am doing some research to try and understand what Artificial Intelligence means in relation to this new chtGPT. 

WOW! I did not realize what it means until now! 

Apparently, it just started in Novvember 30, 2022!

And, anything after September 2021, will not be part of the information it can offer because it has not caught up with current events supposedly.

I am amazed! 

2 hours ago, zeke1234 said:

I 've always wondered what Ezekiel saw by the river Chebar, Ezekiel chapter 1, around 600 BC during Babylonian

captivity.  He called them 'living creatures.'  Each one had four faces, four wings, and were lifted up from the face of the Earth. 

You cause me to reflect back when I first read this!

Yes, it has EYES all around it, in the front, back, etc.

You know, years back, I shared my understanding of this with my young sons but I never realized that they would take it to another level.

No, God doesn't need robots, but, you are definitely hitting on something!

In my 'small' way of understanding this scientific aspect of prophecy, I told my sons to LOOK UP! I told them that all of the space probes being invented and sent to space for exploration correlates to the billions of stars in space and to a very, very, small aspect, space probes function as some of the stars. 

They are like satellites. Stars have many distinct functions and this is in ancient scripture too. They take pictures and capture history just like we can watch a video of humans, even some that have died many years ago. You can watch a video of the late Michael Jackson or the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as if he is still living. A lot of people don't realize what some of the those stars are doing and have been doing for thousands and thousands of years. Some stars have the capablity to RECORD and/or blot out. I told my sons this and fast forward to this day, I would have never realized that they would study in the field of science as they did. 

so yes, those prophets knew what they were writing about, although I don't understand completely, as you have reminded me, those EYES, and that creature that Ezekiel wrote about is fascinating. 

@Troy

I use microwaves to warm up certain items. But not to cook. 

I post links to prove or disprove, as it is done on many news forums and discussion groups. I'm always skeptical of anyone who's been wrong before particularly when they've display a dogmatic or haughty attitude. 

As I said, millions of cooks, chefs and eatery owners have their own preferences.

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

But one would have to be a special kind of fool to believe any sort of food or cooking aid can be microwaved safely. 

Point taken that I could have been more specific that a microwave can cook almost any food item. 

Chefs and cooks absolutely do know how to use a microwave to cook items that would be off limits to folks who don't know their way around a kitchen.

Boiling an egg in a microwave is easy.  Same goes for baking a potato.  Just a matter of knowing how to do it.

10 hours ago, Troy said:

if it is virtual I’m sure AI will easily mimic human interaction and may even be superior to it. It has shear passed the touring test

Again, I should have been more specific...physical human interaction. 😎

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

I use microwaves to warm up certain items. But not to cook. 

Me too.  I also used to use it to make popcorn, but that was until I got an air popper which superior to anything you can get out of microwave oven.  

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

I post links to prove or disprove

That is good practice. 

It seems to me most people don't read the original posted source.  Most often what I find (not talking about you) is that when you go to the "source" it;

1. does not support the argument of the poster -- indeed may even contradict the poster;
  2. it is not an original source and is paraphrasing another course. When run down the "original" source it does not substantiate the poster's point;
  3. it is just another opinion -- not proof; or
  4. the source is specious.

There have been so many posters whose shared links so often feel into one of the above categories that I just stopped looking at their sources.  I've some to believe many don't even read their own sources.  If they did read then they did not understand what they read.

Since most do check sources, especially when reading on social media, lies proliferate and become alternative facts.

Depending upon how AI is used it can start wars. 

20 hours ago, Stefan said:

Chefs, restaurant owners and hotel and resort cooks all have their personal ideas and preferences. But one would have to be a special kind of fool to believe any sort of food or cooking aid can be microwaved safely. So do millions of folks who swear they know their way around a stove and a kitchen.

Here are 27 things one should NEVER put in a microwave:

1. China: The metal trim on china can overheat and damage the dish.
  2. Bread: Bread molecules begin to melt once it reaches a high temperature.
  3. Single-Use Plastic: Single-use plastics can melt and leave phthalates in your food.
  4. Breast Milk: Milk heats unevenly and could scald your infant.
  5. Frozen Meat: You'll be left with half frozen and half-cooked meat.
  6. Nothing: Running the microwave with nothing in it can ruin the appliance.
  7. Old Mugs: Some old glazes contain heavy metals and lead.
  8. Twist Ties: The metal in the ties can spark when heated.
  9. Uncooked Rice: Bacteria in rice cannot be removed via microwave.
  10. Cup of Water: This can create superheated water that explodes.
  11. Food Without a Cover: The high internal temp will likely cause a mess.
  12. Oil: Oil is a fat, not a liquid, and won't heat properly.
  13. Hot Dogs: The heated preservatives can spark.
  14. Travel Mugs: The stainless steel can ruin your microwave.
  15. Mushrooms: Susceptible to microorganisms, nuking these can make you sick.
  16. Hard-boiled Eggs: Steam can't escape the egg which can cause an explosion.
  17. Old Leftovers: There is little nutritional value after nuking leftovers multiple times.
  18. Hot Peppers: The chemicals released have a similar effect to pepper spray.
  19. Takeout Box: The metal handle can spark when heated.
  20. Leftover Potatoes: Excess spore growth could lead to botulism and make you sick.
  21. Frozen Butter: You'll be left with butter that is half frozen and half-melted.
  22. Leafy Greens: Leafy greens tend to spark when microwaved.
  23. Frozen Fruit: The extreme temperature change can create dangerous carcinogens.
  24. Aluminum Foil: Crinkled foil can spark when microwaved.
  25. Cookware with Metal: The metal can overheat and damage the dish.
  26. Yogurt Containers: Single-use plastics can melt and leak phthalates.
  27. Burned Containers: Once burned, containers release cancer-causing chemicals.

27 Things Never to Put in a Microwave

I have thawed out frozen meat in my microwave many times. It turned out just fine. I agree with all the other items on the list.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1

I nominate you for having the Cast Iron stomach of the Decade. LOL

I also know a few people who may want to put their ex in a microwave. 

Even though I've been tempted to do so, I've never thawed out frozen meat in a microwave. I'll wait until it defrosts naturally.