So, You're Saying THIS Is The Leader?

He's certainly A spoke-person and what some would call a "leader" or "leading voice" in Black America, but I wouldn't say he's THEE leader.

BTW...I think he may need to gain a little more weight.
His body is smaller but his head seems to be the same size.

Grinning and dancing around....obviously he's not sick, so it's amazing how small his actual frame is and how he managed to carry so much weight around when he was younger.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

BTW...I think he may need to gain a little more weight.
His body is smaller but his head seems to be the same size.

Grinning and dancing around....obviously he's not sick, so it's amazing how small his actual frame is and how he managed to carry so much weight around when he was younger.

I think Al lost weight initially due to illness. Having a younger wife might factor as well.

Unfortunately, nobody wants to tell Al he looks like a Pez dispenser:

image.png.5c08bbcbba8fbe80c0e722ccceff9e45.png

That's how a person knows who's truly their friends. Someone needs to feed Al or buy him a sandwich. 😎

ProfD

Lol...he might have been sick before but dancing around like that he seems pretty healthy now.
Especially at his age.

Not sure when the video was taken but it seem to be fairly recently like within the past 5 years.
He's 68 now, so he was clearly in his 60s when he was freakin' that lady up and down....lol.
Don't look like arthritis was holding him back either...lol.

So while is can rock James Brown's hairdo he can't match his dance moves, but he was dancing and what is wrong with that?

He is the leader of the Black community in so far as we have one today. 

Again I'm open to entertaining any others you like to suggest who have a bigger platform and larger fallowing.

11 hours ago, Troy said:

He is the leader of the Black community in so far as we have one today. 

Most AfroAmericans have heard of Al Sharpton.  He organizes rallies and  marches against social injustice.

Most of what Sharpton does is fundraise  from liberals to make them feel better ss they pay lip service but do nothing to cure the ills of racism white supremacy. 

IMO, Sharpton doesn’t lead the AfroAmerican community in a significant way. He uses their plight under the system of racism white supremacy as fuel for his activism.

In stark contrast to Sharpton, former POTUS 45 leads the MAGA crowd. Orange Julius travels around the country keeping his base stirred up and ready to fight for their country.😎

45 is a leader too. White folks have no shortage of leaders, some are even doing what is in the best interest of their communities, but in most cases, as with Trump, doing what is in his own best. interest.

12 hours ago, ProfD said:

Most AfroAmericans have heard of Al Sharpton.  He organizes rallies and  marches against social injustice.

Yes, a leader, much more so than Obama is today.

Does anyone know the leader of the Asian "community", the Spanish "community", the Indian "community", much less the Arab "community"?

Why is it that blacks in America are the only one(s) who are always looking for someone "a leader" to take them to the promised land? All the while, they can't even follow simple rules of common courtesy.... 

How can a group of people as beligerant, unruly, rebellious, loveless as blacks always talk about leadership? It really baffles me!

On 9/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Reverend Sharpton looks normal in person. He was on one of my flights when I worked for United. You can tell that he changed his eating habits. I agree, though he has a small frame, and his build probably struggled with that extra weight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niccolo Machiavelli said:

How can a group of people as beligerant, unruly, rebellious, loveless as blacks always talk about leadership? It really baffles me!

Oh Brother here we go again....  

I seen fat Al and skinny Al.  His body's change dispels this myth of being "big boned."  He was just fat and lost a lot of weight.  His bones did not change.

• Haha 1

Lol.... Bro, every time I hear this phrase: "Leader of the black community," I want to jump off a cliff. These so called "leaders" are using black people for power and financial gain strictly. Black Lives Matter, Maxine Waters with her chewbacca face, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson... They are all con with the same agenda.

Troy

I don't have a problem with Al or any other Black "leader" busting moves from time to time.

But when you have there White racists running around the nation armed to the teeth ambushing and killing Black folks....including elderly women and other soft targets-

I want my "leader" to be more aggressive and forceful in giving instructions to the community on how to defend itself and protect itself.

Dancing and voting every 4 years for which ever White man gives you the most promises seems to be the ONLY strategy Al has for protecting the community against racism.

How about organizing some self-defense study groups around the nation?

How about keeping a constantly updated data base for all of the White racists and their hate organizations?

How about an organized plan in every major city to establish a Black bank and Supermarket?

That would impress me more than watching some nigga in a suit with his hair slicked back doing the Running Man or Electric Slide with any sista willing to participate....lol.

Mel

I agree, though he has a small frame, and his build probably struggled with that extra weight.

VERY small.

I'm still not sure how he could carry so much fat around on such a small frame.

Niccolo

Does anyone know the leader of the Asian "community", the Spanish "community", the Indian "community", much less the Arab "community"?

They have them....you can believe that.

And if we don't know there names, it's probably because they're busy DOING THEIR JOBS.

Some of the best leaders remain hidden and behind the scenes making things happen.
Not being prominent and out front making a spectacle of yourself.

There's a difference between a LEADER and an ENTERTAINER.

@Niccolo Machiavelli I had to think about your question:

On 9/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, Niccolo Machiavelli said:

As @Pioneer1 mentioned other groups have them, of course. 

A prominent leader of Chinese people is Xi Jinping. You can of course look to heads of State of Arab and Spanish countries for their respective leaders. You can also look to the captains of industry in those countries for more examples.

The ADOS or Foundational Black does not have this. We have no country we can point to. Even when we had a Black head of state here in America he made it crystal clear that he was not the president of black people.

All of the true leaders, not the ones white folks propped up for us, but the true leaders, and organizations, were systematically eliminated or marginalized.

We are desperate for leadership because as group we need it and there is a void.

Many of us work very hard, but we do so independently, without the benefit of cohesive, collective Black support. We need the “white co-sign” to do anything at scale.

@ProfD references this when  he talks about being on code. We can’t be on code, because the best and brightest of us are trying to get the white co-sign—a perfectly rational goal if you want to make it in America. 

Between our individual pursuit of the white co-sign and the ongoing assault against meaningful Black leadership, the best we can hope for is a Brother Al or a Kanye West, these are the folks invited to the White House to speak  for Black Americans right?

This reminds me of one of the most haunting scenes in the movie Black Panther when the Wakandan prince decided to stay in America to help Black Americans and was confronted by the King.

That scene and statement really hit hard.

There was so much truth in it, especially the way it was put together.

The way Malcolm and King were killed and then drugs were flooded into Black America directly after.....makes me hope for a Wakanda or any pro-Black organization with the strength to come and save our community.

If "blacks of slaves descendent " born in America can (rightfully so) claim the United States of America to be their inherited country; the idea of framing themselves within the walls of a "community" is as aberrant as it can be then... How can one creates a community within a country that he/she claims to be theirs? 

By your logic, Americans as a whole should have a leader unless black Americans don't see themselves as inherently as such.

9 hours ago, Niccolo Machiavelli said:

If "blacks of slaves descendent " born in America can (rightfully so) claim the United States of America to be their inherited country; the idea of framing themselves within the walls of a "community" is as aberrant as it can be then... How can one creates a community within a country that he/she claims to be theirs? 

By your logic, Americans as a whole should have a leader unless black Americans don't see themselves as inherently as such.

🤔 -Huh????

• 1 month later...