Do You Believe in Miracles?

This question is in reaction to @Pioneer1's conversation where he asked the question, "Who among you have had DIRECT experience with and/or DIRECT communication with a Higher Power than human beings?"  Speaking directly to a higher power would also be considered miraculous.  

Do you believe in miracles?  

I think many of us do.  I was talking to a someone who related the story of how they prayed over a friend who was at death's door and the person survived -- a miracle to everyone involved.

Some would say that survival of any ADOS in this country is a miracle.  A great many people have prayed for our survival indeed it is a cliche to say, "I'm my ancestors' wildest dream."

What is a miracle anyway?  Are they doled out by some higher powered based upon the most impassioned prayers, do we create our own miracles, or are miracles simply a way to explain favorable occurrences we can't otherwise explain?

• Like 1

Troy

Speaking directly to a higher power would also be considered miraculous.  

I would consider speaking directly to a RIGHTEOUS Higher Power, miraculous.

You have some Higher Powers Who are not so righteous.
If a person is "possessed" by One, they may go around speaking directly with them also.

Yes.
I've experienced them many times.

However I don't conflate the two.

Miracles can happen without communication (atleast back and forth) with a Higher Power.
For example......
You pray to God to get a Miracle and get it, but God didn't necessarily assure you you would or Say something to you afterward.
But you do get what you asked for.

Some would say that survival of any ADOS in this country is a miracle. 

Perhaps.
And others would point to those who DIDN'T survive and say, "Ask them if it was a Miracle".

What is a miracle anyway?  Are they doled out by some higher powered based upon the most impassioned prayers, do we create our own miracles, or are miracles simply a way to explain favorable occurrences we can't otherwise explain?

I would agree with definition 1 and 3, not 2.
Not at this point atleast.

I don't know enough about Spirituality to say WE "create our own Miracles".

I believe we as humans can do a lot more for ourselves than we currently do, however Miracles often work OUTSIDE of the laws of Nature and most humans don't have the knowledge to control most forces outside of nature.

We can ASK a Higher Being to do it for us.
But WE...usually....don't do it ourselves.

This is one of the reasons people pray for them.

For example.....

A person has a child with stage 4 cancer.
They don't know how to kill the cancer that has spread around the body or remove it without harming their own child.
The doctors can't or won't do it either; so they pray that it get's removed.
A Higher Being knows how to work around the laws of physics and nature to remove that cancer and does so....sending it in remission.

20 hours ago, Troy said:

Nope. I believe everything happens for a reason though.

20 hours ago, Troy said:

What is a miracle anyway?  ....or are miracles simply a way to explain favorable occurrences we can't otherwise explain?

Correct.

Things happen for a reason beyond our ability and/or comprehension. 

The universe doesn't make mistakes. 😎

22 hours ago, Troy said:

This question is in reaction to @Pioneer1's conversation where he asked the question, "Who among you have had DIRECT experience with and/or DIRECT communication with a Higher Power than human beings?"  Speaking directly to a higher power would also be considered miraculous.  

Yes....it is a miracle if you are coming from a place of Sincerity and Truth.

22 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes

22 hours ago, Troy said:

I think many of us do.  I was talking to a someone who related the story of how they prayed over a friend who was at death's door and the person survived -- a miracle to everyone involved.

Some would say that survival of any ADOS in this country is a miracle.  A great many people have prayed for our survival indeed it is a cliche to say, "I'm my ancestors' wildest dream."

Yes....life is a miracle

22 hours ago, Troy said:

What is a miracle anyway?  Are they doled out by some higher powered based upon the most impassioned prayers, do we create our own miracles, or are miracles simply a way to explain favorable occurrences we can't otherwise explain?

A miracle to me is an Atonement and a connection to Authenticity

On 11/11/2023 at 5:05 PM, Troy said:

Yes, I absolutely believe in miracles and I believe that there are many miracles that happen everyday on a personal level and a global level. 

On 11/11/2023 at 5:05 PM, Troy said:

What is a miracle anyway? 

My first thoughts are that a mircale can be something like 'a mystery' that mankind cannot explain or solve but in some cases, is solved by an extraordinary method and in such a way that become obvious that no mankind has done.

I think that one example of a miracle is our human existence. 

the fact that we are existing and have not become wiped out by some horrific catastrophy is also a mystery and a miracle.

I think that the solar system is also a mystery and a miracle. 

Troy

And this is exactly why I phrased my thread about Communication with Higher Powers the way I did.

Because I know when you start talking spirituality with a lot of AfroAmericans, you'll get a lot of OPINION and EMOTION more so than hard concrete and detailed EXPERIENCE.

Oh, you'll get 5 or 6 PAGES of people coming on here and even signing up an account to AALBC just to offer their OPINION on Miracles and Spirituality and will argue back and forth with eachother over different points of view.

But when it comes to demanding hard evidence and EXPERIENCE-

image.png.8fbe7cefb9a8b36722b704575d221e4f.png

....they start getting quiet.

Don't want to talk about it and focus on something else.

Sometimes even get up and leave.

You start hearing car keys jangling as they make their way towards the door.....lol.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 if I told you I had a direct conversation with God (or green little man), choppin; it up the way I would with one of my homeboys, would you really believe me?

I'd investigate.

If you had told me this I would ask myself:
1. Was Troy sincere in his rendition of what happened to him or did he purposely make the story up knowing that it was false?
2. If he was sincere, did it really happen or did he simply imagine it?

Based on more questions I probably WOULD believe you!

When doing an investigation, it's not about believing a SINGLE witness but arriving at a conclusion based on the claims of MULTIPLE witnesses and sources.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:27 PM, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 so you would not take me at  my word, but given my word is all you have to go on, it does not seem like you ultimately believe me —or anyone.

I believe those who provide PROOF or STRONG EVIDENCE.

Those who don't.....I don't necessarily think they're lying or making it up nor do I believe them.
It's neutral ground.

Lol, where do you find this stuff!  

i can’t imagine how Google’s algorithm has manipulated your YouTube feed.

I can only watch a couple of minutes of this video I wouldn’t put his experience in the realm of the miraculous. I have dreams that I can fly from time to time, but I wouldn’t try to explain it by saying that I went to a different dimension where I can actually fly, and I certainly wouldn’t call it miraculous.

Troy

If you got pass the first couple minutes, you would have heard his story about being in a coma for days and but traveling to his house to visit his family and having this confirmed to him by his wife and son.

I wasn't there to witness or confirm his story, but it is an interesting one.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Troy

If you got pass the first couple minutes, you would have heard his story about being in a coma for days and but traveling to his house to visit his family and having this confirmed to him by his wife and son.

I wasn't there to witness or confirm his story, but it is an interesting one.

I have not listen to or watch the video.......but it sounds like an NDE or OOBE - now pretty common