Are Men Instinctively Different Than Women?

Are Men Instinctively Different Than Women? 

I am thinking about this topic due to the thread Pioneer posted about male attractivness versus female attractiveness. I think this is a very broad subject that has expanded over time especially due to western civilization. Today, this idea is extremely varied especially amongst the African American culture from past to present. In America, our culture is based upon the set up of chattel slavery but overtime, it has become diverse. But in the Old World, meaning 'the Mediterranean World', I think that the roles of males were much more defined as being distinct from the roles of females. 

I think that in the Old World, the role of a male was based on being 'an husbandman' meaning, A PROVIDER. A man was expected to be able to provide in various ways, such as shelter, agriculture, sex and reproduction, etc. And women were expected to be supporters in nurturing the offspring, cooking, making clothes, etc. and also sex too. But today, in the western world and due to slavery, I think a lot of Black women have lost trust in men, in general, not just Black men, but men in general. Some Black women are more resentful against Black men though, IMO. But nevertheless, I still believe that there are a significant number of Black women who still respect the presence of males. Even though, too, the standards have been changed today, a lot of the reasons why is positive. Women became severely oppressed in patriarchal societies therefore, the western influence in freeing up women to have better human rights is a positive step in the advancement of humanity. However, we have a ways to go for complete equality. And, all in all, I think that when we completely ignore the naturaly aspect of male and females, it will be a confusion.

I believe that, instinctively, there is a uniqueness in males versus females but I can't say that I completely understand it. I think that instinctively, males are going to respond to being providers and protectors, no matter what and even if women don't think they need that kind of persona, it is going to occur. And, I believe that it is the same in all cultures and human 'races' globally. All males tend to act the same in this regard. And so, here are some short videos to show this kind of instinct. Some of them are a little humorous:

• Like 1

Men and women are different.   As a species, the roles of men and women were clearly defined thousands of years ago.

In the western world, White men are enabling a fluidity in gender roles mainly to undermine Black men especially when it comes to Black women. 

Make no mistake about it that regardless of how many white LBGTQ+ folks are running around, they're a minority.  The white family is not in peril or jeopardy because a few choose to go astray.

No different from women's liberation allowing them to leave behind housewife to work a job, white women are still on code as it relates to their role within their race.  Same goes for white men who choose to live an alternative lifestyle.  They still try to keep it low.

As I mentioned in another thread, there's no other group of women who run around claiming to be strong or boss or anything domineering.  They know their role as it relates to men. Look no further than every other culture on the planet.

Again, the western world is liberating Black women and promoting LBGTQ+ under the system of racism white supremacy to further marginalize Black men.

Men and women are instinctively different.  The poison pills being dropped and sprayed in the western world have led to some confusion. 

However, I believe most men and women still know their roles even if they choose to do something different.😎

I think men and women are different as well, but the differences are not so rigidly defined, as some people assert.  I believe we are all on a spectrum.  There are some women who born are more "masculine" than some men and vice-versa.

America's social constructs are completely independent of our true nature.  Western culture was defined to benefit wealthy white men. The marginalization of everyone else is a direct consequence of that. 

The fact that white women were given the right the vote after Black men should tell you something. Does anyone think that keeping women out of the political process has anything to do with the inherent differences between men and women?  Does anyone think preventing white women from voting is a way to marginalize Black men?

• Like 1

There is a difference between societal norms and how things play out interpersonally.

I remember masculine women who never had a man and may have been lesbians. I have seen feminine men. I have seen a couple where the woman that was handy and man was into art. Ironically he didn't want her doing men's work. Yet she had to nag him to paint. I have so seen roles where the woman is the boss or  handles the finances.

Mores and norms are arbitrary. I believe there is an African tribe where the women hunt and the men farm. I also recall a tribe where the women have 

multiple husband's 

I guess the key is finding what works for you and your partner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ProfD said:

Men and women are instinctively different.  The poison pills being dropped and sprayed in the western world have led to some confusion. 

I agree. @ProfD And, what about the children? I do think they will be more and more confused. 

20 hours ago, Troy said:

The fact that white women were given the right the vote after Black men should tell you something. Does anyone think that keeping women out of the political process has anything to do with the inherent differences between men and women?  Does anyone think preventing white women from voting is a way to marginalize Black men?

I think that in general, every culture on a global scale has had conflicts when it comes to the political process from a gender perspective. 

As regardomg white women, I do believe that it was an uphill battle for them when it came to getting the right to vote and they used the opportunity to do so during the Civil Rights Movement. But, I honestly don't recall any significant issues like being attacked by police dogs or being hosed or pepper sprayed during their protest as many Black women, men and children had been victimized during the Civil Rights Movement. And, I don't recall White women being abandoned and left to care for their children as single mothers when they were not legally allowed to vote or be in the corporate world. So what it tells me about white women getting the right to vote after Black men, was that they decided at the time of the Civll Rights Movement to start their movement for the right to vote because they perceived that it was no longer trendy to remain in the home. I believe that if they had wanted to be in the corporate world prior to the Civil Rights Movement, then they probably would have also been victorious as well. However, again, I do realize that it was still a challenge for them just as it has been for females in general to be in a lesser position in a patriarchal society in the past. So, I am glad that white women began to campaign because when they did so, I believe that it helped all other women eventually. 

9 hours ago, richardmurray said:

the third video is a grreat share, good fun @Chevdove well done

Thank you! @richardmurray

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chevdove said:

And, what about the children? I do think they will be more and more confused.

Every generation thinks the future will be worse off. Human beings are adaptable creatures.

The children will be fine. They no longer write in cursive. No pretty handwriting or signature. Everything is printed.

But, the younger folks can type and work the h8ll outta of a cell phone, tablet or computer almost before they can walk and talk.😁

I predict the future generation of humans beings won't any more or less confused than the current or past generation.

There's nothing new under the sun. 😎

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD

every generation does not think the future will be worse off, i knew wat too many black elders as a kid who thought the future was already better and getting better. 

Some in every generation but not all and not necessarily most. 

For the sake of clarity, I should have typed every generation will have folks who believe the future generation will be worse.😎

• Like 1

Men and Women different?  Of course they are!  Men are from MARS and women are from VENUS. Remember?

On the other  hand, when it comes to same sex relationships, take the "variations on a theme" in your stride. Like everything else, nature undergoes a trial and error process. Nothing will evolve that prevents the species from replicating itself. 

Then, there's the conspiracy  theory about the  feminization of black men, and the one about weaponizing them to eliminate each other via black-on-black crime. These plots cancel each other out, and would be more trouble than it's worth for the White Supremecists. imo.

Stop worrying about the perennial problems that plague the  human race in general, and the black one, in particular.  Just live your best lives.  Artificial Intelligence and  the Climate will  soon  diminish Life as we know it - for everybody.  😜

And so it goes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume this is with regard to my impression of ChatGPT, if so yes, I’m speaking from a practical standpoint in that it has allowed me to do things that u simply could not have done in my own.

But abstractly speaking I’m not sure what you mean. Would  you elaborate @Delano.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, ProfD said:

But, the younger folks can type and work the h8ll outta of a cell phone, tablet or computer almost before they can walk and talk.😁

🤣 That's an interesting point that you also made about them not writing in cursive! @ProfD

On 7/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, Delano said:

We have a ring of garbage around the earth. And we have to grow fish on farms. Climate change is so a problem. Sounds bad to me. And there's talk that admitting Ukraine into NATO could start World War III. 

touché!

imo, It's a perpective! 

Men and women are CLEARLY different.....and most of those differences are innate.
They don't have to be taught or ingrained from childhood.

Women have periods....men don't.
This doesn't have to be taught.

Men grow beards....women don't.

Because of the testosterone men tend to be more aggressive and violent than women.
Not all of the time but most of the time.

Because of estrogen and carrying the baby she birthed, women tend to be more nurturing towards children than men.
Again, not all of the time but most of the time.
And again, this doesn't have to be taught.

However each culture PROMOTES a set of differences that are NOT innate and have to be learned and repeated over and over until they become habits, and THIS is where the problem often lays!

One culture may say women should wear their hair LONG....and another insists only men can do this.

One culture says women shouldn't cuss or use foul language....another doesn't care.

One culture says only the man should be the bread winner and manage the money.....another says whoever is best with money should manage the finances.

A lot of cultural differences are do to GENETICS and how the GENES of one ethnic group or race may be so different from another that a particular behavior pattern was adapted into their culture to reflect  this genetic trait.

What's happening here in the U.S. especially among AfroAmericans is an often disagreement and conflict over the CULTURAL DIFFERENCES that exist in our community.
Because most of them were imposed upon us by Caucasians.
They have a set of cultural norms based on THEIR GENETICS.....which we generally don't share.
So when WE try to adapt those same norms, conflicts often arise.

Trying to make the AfroAmerican woman as docile as the White American woman often leads to problems because of genetics.
Trying to make the AfroAmerican man as monogamous as the White American man often leads to problems because of genetics.

This is why it's SO important for us as AfroAmericans to develop OUR OWN culture and ethical standards instead of trying to maintain the ethics and culture that was IMPOSED upon us by our centuries long enemies.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:50 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Men grow beards....women don't.

During my childhood, I had a friend named Boogaloo.

His mom had a beard and a mustache. She was loud and aggressive.

His dad was a relatively quiet, tall and lanky; hardworking man. I don't know what he *saw* in his wife. 

Then, there was my aunt Bert. She looked like Miles Davis. 🤣

Otherwise, you're right. There are distinct differences between men and women.😁😎

On 7/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, Delano said:

Yes that's is true but I also said if you were interested enough you could find it . 

If you acknowledge this is true, then why not simply post the link?  If I were not interested, we would not be having this conversation. The lack of interest is in your willingness to elaborate.

@Pioneer1 I was with you until a point.  Where are you getting the characteristics that you are ascribing to genetics.  For example:

Trying to make the AfroAmerican woman as docile as the White American woman often leads to problems because of genetics.
Trying to make the AfroAmerican man as monogamous as the White American man often leads to problems because of genetics.

These two statements cannot be supported by anything other than your opinion.  

Of course, there are genetically determined differences between men and women.  However, to assert for example that an  AfroAmerican man is genetically less predisposed to monogamy that a White American is, with all due respect to a long-term financial supporter of this site, ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

If you acknowledge this is true, then why not simply post the link?  If I were not interested, we would not be having this conversation. The lack of interest is in your willingness to elaborate.

I told you what to search for. You have way more knowledge of search engines than I do yet you couldn't find what I posted because you didn't look. I understand that you like to maximise your time. In the past when you have made a similar request I have posted the link. However y feeling now is that if your level of interest is not deep enough to search you own site. Then I surmise that you are interest is only as deep as what is available. 

I look at patterns and that has been a dynamic with you and I. At some point you will ask me to repost or go into more detail. In the past I have however , I now engage at the level of others interest and initiative. Often before I post a response I will do a quick search of a few sources on the internet. Since I often think in general term but make errors with the specifics. As a consequence when I am responded to  a question. I have either learned something new or deepened my awareness of the topic and\or a related subject

On 7/16/2023 at 4:05 AM, Delano said:

You know in the time you took to write that @Delano you could have simply shared the link.  

I had the same experience with my parents. They would tell me to do something. And they made me repeat it until it was acceptable. It would have been quicker if they did it themselves. However I wouldn't have shored up my deficiency and I would in effect have them doing the work That would have been of value to me. I am pretty certain that you don't see it from this angle. But rather the practical one of it takes more time. However much a Ilike learning and conversation I am not prepared to become your executive assistant. Your response is probably I am not your executive assistant. Since we have had that conversation before. Although I am fairly certain that you don't remember it.

Troy

These two statements cannot be supported by anything other than your opinion.  

Of course, there are genetically determined differences between men and women.  However, to assert for example that an  AfroAmerican man is genetically less predisposed to monogamy that a White American is, with all due respect to a long-term financial supporter of this site, ridiculous.

Lol...
Well how much financial support would it take for "all DUE respect" to mean AGREEING with everything I said?

I do believe that AfroAmerican men are genetically less predisposed to monogamy than White American man.
Collectivley speaking, we have more testosterone than them....which means we generally have a higher sex drive.

The only reasons you find the statement ridiculous and PROBABLY a bit offensive is because of your Westernized views of sex, monogamy, and promiscuity.

You PROBABLY believe being monogamous with a low sex drive is some how more virtuous and "civil" than a man who has multiple partners and a very high sex drive.

Again, I say PROBABLY because most men and especially most women who are raised in this society believes this.

I no longer believe this.
I believe a high testosterone rate as well as the high sex drive that goes with it are HONORABLE traits.
Traits that shouldn't be hidden or ashamed of but should be bragged about.

Notice how it IS natural for most men to brag about the number of women they have sex with.
They have to be indoctrinated to see virtue in CELIBACY.

A lot of cultural differences are do to GENETICS and how the GENES of one ethnic group or race may be so different from another that a particular behavior pattern was adapted into their culture to reflect  this genetic trait.

This is an interesting point! @Pioneer1 And, I agree with it.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, Troy said:

@Pioneer1 I was with you until a point.  Where are you getting the characteristics that you are ascribing to genetics.  For example:

Ha! @Troy I wonder too about some of this aspect. However, for example, I have read about genetics regarding blood type being associated with types of food that certain humans eat, however, again I believe that 'race' regarding a person's color is arbitrary. 

On 7/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I do believe that AfroAmerican men are genetically less predisposed to monogamy than White American man.
Collectivley speaking, we have more testosterone than them....which means we generally have a higher sex drive.

Ha! @Pioneer1  White men, meaning genetically, MALES, and their male behaviors; how can you know this?

Black African women and Black cultures are in trouble due to lack of responsible Black African males who have sex and then do not provide for their offspring. How can this be dismissed as Black men have more sex drive than White men, and therefore need to have multiple sex partners?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Black African women and Black cultures are in trouble due to lack of responsible Black African males who have sex and then do not provide for their offspring. How can this be dismissed as Black men have more sex drive than White men, and therefore need to have multiple sex partners?

When I was a kid, I used to have a cat who ran around the house ripping up the furniture and toilet tissue and door posts sharpening his nails on anything he could...until we finally realized it was in a cat's nature to sharpen their nails on objects to make them stronger and healthier.
So we got him a SCRATCH POST for him to sharpen his nails on and it saved our furniture.....lol.

Black men NATURALLY have a higher sex drive than White man which means we NATURALLY are more fertile and will produce more children.
Even the book of Exodus in the Bible talks about how the Hebrew women were more fertile than the Egyptian women.....so there is some validity to ethnic differences and fertility if you believe in the Bible.
So Black men are NATURALLY more virile and sexual and will produce more children but because they are put in an ARTIFICIAL ENVIRONMENT of oppression and suppression then that natural instinct and virility has been curtailed and perverted.

How?

Because masculine virile men with high sex drives usually have more ENERGY and COURAGE too....so by nature they would make the best providers and protectors.
In THEIR OWN environment that they control.....as we did for millions of years before White folks even existed.
But because Black males have been forced to live under White rule, they have the same sexual desires and ability to make children but are prevented from engaging in behaviors that would protect and provide for the offspring they produce as well as the females they produce them with.

@Pioneer1, I'll let you and @Chevdove get back to the biological/philosophical discussion but I must ask....

Black men have a whole continent that is Africa.  They are running around knocking up women and having a bunch of kids too.  Almost a billion people there.

Let Africans tell it, every other dude is some kind of king or chief or  educated or rich, etc.  They are Uber drivers here.🤣

According to your logic, African men should be controlling the wealth of Africa from top to bottom. 

There should be no poverty or famine.   Africa should be the land of paradise.   Far from it.

In fact, a bunch of Africans haul azz to predominantly white countries looking for greener pastures instead of building up their own continent. 

If virile Black men are only good for reproducing more weak, poor people...that doesn't seem like a lofty and/or productive goal.😎

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ProfD said:

@Pioneer1, I'll let you and @Chevdove get back to the biological/philosophical discussion but I must ask....

Black men have a whole continent that is Africa.  They are running around knocking up women and having a bunch of kids too.  Almost a billion people there.

Let Africans tell it, every other dude is some kind of king or chief or  educated or rich, etc.  They are Uber drivers here.🤣

According to your logic, African men should be controlling the wealth of Africa from top to bottom. 

There should be no poverty or famine.   Africa should be the land of paradise.   Far from it.

In fact, a bunch of Africans haul azz to predominantly white countries looking for greener pastures instead of building up their own continent. 

If virile Black men are only good for reproducing more weak, poor people...that doesn't seem like a lofty and/or productive goal.😎

Hmmm.......

Well, if you take the "White man" factor out of it.....I think African men WOULD be controlling the wealth of Africa from top to bottom.

In other words, if....say....White people never existed on this planet period.
What other human being would be strong enough to stop Africans from controlling ALL of the resources on their ENTIRE continent?

Ofcourse, there would still probably be tribal wars among them.
But just like the Whites of Europe....they could fight among eachother and STILL rule their continent and protect it from the non-White outsiders.

As far as producing more weak and poor people......
If there were never any Whites on this planet to change the dynamic of economics, military, and culture of the world....including Africa....then would Africans be considered weak and poor?
The comparison would be different because the STANDARDS of economics, morals, and strengths would be totally different.

@Pioneer1, Arabs (Brown) and Asians (yellow)  seem to do just fine controlling their own wealth despite the white man. 

China does a lot of business with America but Xi Jinping got the country on lock without any outsiders (white folks) controlling it.😎

13 hours ago, ProfD said:

They are Uber drivers here.🤣

Have you ever got in a taxi or uber with an African driver?

Sheiit... 

Maybe they are not all crazed drivers, but uh, I had one experience too many when I jumped in a cab at the airport. That man drove extremely reckless while holding his phone and watching the GPS. I was told that they try to drive fast to get back to a detination point to get as many jobs as possible. 

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Black men NATURALLY have a higher sex drive than White man which means we NATURALLY are more fertile and will produce more children.

LOL! @Pioneer1 I promise you!--That is not true!!!

You know, I reference the GENOME PROJECT a lot in reference to male births versus female births, however, that has nothing to do with sex drive!

All males whether they are Chinese, Black, White, Brown, have the ability to have a high sex drive depending on enviornmental factors and how they care for thier bodies like diet, exercise, health, etc.

The Hebrew women were not more fertile than the Egyptian women, because at that time, they were both ethnic people. That was the excuse that the Egytian women (nurses) gave to the pharaoh because he went to them secretly and told them to kill the male babies at birth. So the Egyptian women did not want to do it, and therefore they told that evil pharaoh that the women were 'lively' and gave birth before they were able to do anything.

That particular pharaoh was AMENHOTEP II and when he was 9 years old, his father, Thutmosis III took him around the city and hacked out all of Hapshepsut's names on monuments because he came to loathe the Original Egyptian women and so, he taught his son from a Black Egyptian Queen, the Dowager, to hate Black Egyptian women too, and of course the Hebrew women as well. Thutmosis III and Amenhotep II suppressed the Black Egyptian women and brought in THOUSANDS OF MITANIAN WOMEN in their Egyptian court and elevated them to be queens in Egypt. He came to hate his own mother! And all of this is well documented in fine arts museums all over the world. So, this is one Black government that soon became infiltrated due to the actions of Black men! LOL! 

Amenhotep II later banned his own daughter, Bithia, [i.e. Tabitha] and sent her packing to be with the Hebrews and she later married a Hebrew man from the tribe of Judah and have 4 sons, all of which are listed in the Bible. 

I believe that AFrican people do express certain attributes with regard to energy, muscle rhythm, voice tone, etc, but this has nothing to do with sex drive.

And how did Black men become oppressed anyway, by White Supremacy!? 

It wasn't because Black men were physically overpowered by White humans, however, it had to do with irresponsible sex behaviors and not being respoinsible for the women they were having sex with. The matriarchal government set up due to a lot of angry women, both Black and White that did not like being suppressed under a harem system and dominated due to this kind of irresponsible behavior of the earlier Black kings. 

There are a lot of stories of queens killing the kings and pharaohs for passing over their sons for another woman's son. LOL.