“Barack Obama Didn’t Do a Darn Thing for Black People”

This is a 50 sec clip from an hour-long interview from with Dr. Claud Anderson and The Breakfast Club, that I uploaded to YouTube in January of 2020.

I'm sharing it here, because it has been watched 33K times -- virtually all of those view have been within that past 30 days -- more than 1,000 views a day!

There is always a reason for when something goes low-key viral.  I don't know what it is, but if you have any theories please share. 

Folks are already campaigning heavy for 2024.   

The GOP operatives and bots are trying to keep the Democrats from using former POTUS Obama to mobilize the Black vote. 

Nevermind that neither party offers anything tangible to Black folks.😎

• Thanks 1

I looked at some of the comments; most seem to be coming from Black people.  

I wonder if these are real accounts created to stoke controversy. I know there are a lot of fake accounts on Twitter and elsewhere on social media -- no reason this can't be true for YouTube.  But are fake account also generating fake video views?  It is possible... but seems unlikely as it would be hard to believe that the GOP are that crafty.  Plus, they would have to use this technique at scale to have an impact. 

I've so much BS on the web I'm admittedly jaded.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

But are fake account also generating fake video views?  It is possible... but seems unlikely as it would be hard to believe that the GOP are that crafty. 

Easy. There's a lot of money and no shortage of tech-savvy companies within the GOP. 😎

On 10/4/2023 at 7:51 AM, Troy said:

always a reason for when something goes low-key viral

One could think so...

= = =

Will the real Barack Obama please stand up!

https://ibw21.org/commentary/how-barack-obama-failed-black-americans/

https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/why-barack-obama-and-progessives-loathe-black-conservatives/

https://atlantablackstar.com/2023/08/16/barack-obamas-half-brother-malik-calls-him-a-snake-and-a-trader-in-twitter-rant/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-taibbi-obama-sell-out_n_387855

https://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-media-indicates-obama-sold-us-out/

https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/obamas-legacy-weaker-and-more-divided-america

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/is-obama-selling-us-down_b_254519

https://www.americaoutloud.news/how-america-was-sold-down-the-river/

https://moguldom.com/272032/6-times-barack-obama-betrayed-black-america-with-his-words/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-barack-obama-might-have-destroyed-america/ar-AA1aNVhk | MSN, just like CNN, is the network for idiots.

= = =

And for good measure...

"Barack Obama Is Also Scared Shitless That Donald Trump Could Win Another Term: Report"

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/08/barack-obama-is-also-scared-shitless-that-donald-trump-could-win-another-term-report

= = =

And...to all of (you / those) out there (on this board) who think my IQ may well be below zero (0) [it's a free world], keep on thinking that while the Democrat Party cleans your clocks until they run out of grease.

Over time I became more disillusioned with President Obama. He did some things that benefitted all Americans to some degree. But there were things he didn't try to do especially for black people. I'm over him the same way as Bill Clinton who really rubbed me the wrong way more often than not. 

Lol....
As soon as I read the title of the thread I thought of Dr. Claude Anderson.

I didn't even know the thread was going to be about him, but I thought of him because he's said that before and in just THAT way.

He's the only person I know who phrases it like:  "Obama didn't do a "durn" thing for Black folks.".....lol.

I'm not the biggest fan of President Obama but I wouldn't go as far as to say he did NOTHING for us.

1. I would say he did nothing SPECIFICALLY for Black folks.
He did do a few things for the country in general that INDIRECTLY benefitted Black America but nothing for us directly.

2. Just him BEING IN OFFICE and being elected twice actually benefitted us to a certain extent because:
a) It showed the world that AfroAmericans are qualified to run one of the strongest and wealthiest nations in the world.
b) It showed AfroAmerican children that if you did good in school and stayed out of trouble you COULD eventually become President of the United States.
He broke the barrier.

3. And importantly......what did we DEMAND that he do for us?
Did we have a Black agenda read for him to check off and execute or did we just vote for him HOPING he'd give us some jobs and money and clean up the ghetto?

Frederick Douglass said power concedes NOTHING without a demand.
If we wanted President Obama to do more then we should have DEMANDED it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

1. I would say he did nothing SPECIFICALLY for Black folks.

2. Just him BEING IN OFFICE and being elected twice...

He broke the barrier.

3. And importantly......what did we DEMAND that he do for us?

All true. 

POTUS Obama couldn't do anything specifically for AfroAmericans because 1) Black folks had no agenda and 2) the gov't would not have allowed him to do anything for us. 😎

Well there was an agenda crafted, and I’ve shared it here before: The Covenant with Black America

It was an evolving document written and published by Black people which is probably why Obama never showed it any public consideration.

There are some people who believe doing what is best for say Amazon or Google is what is best for all of us and by extension, Black people. We have been convinced these companies are great and can do no wrong. However the reality is that they have destroyed diversity, creativity, and independence on the web — especially as it relates to a Black people.

This analogy extends to America as a whole.

I believe we could have gotten something close to a Reparations Package under President Obama.
I really do.

During his first term there was so much HOPE (and "change that you can believe in"....lol) and AfroAmericans were so unified to get him in office and ensure his initial success, almost anything we would have pushed him to do he would have done.
I'm talking his first year or two in office.....not the 3rd or 4th.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I believe we could have gotten something close to a Reparations Package under President Obama.
I really do.

During his first term there was so much HOPE (and "change that you can believe in"....lol) 

Politicians will say and almost do anything to get elected. POTUS Obama was no different in that regard.

POTUS Obama looked good,  intelligent and had a smooth mouthpiece. He was perfect for allowing white folks to tick Black president off their list of things to do in atoning for Amercia's greatest sin.

Both POTUS Obama and those who control the levers of power understood his mission while in the White House. 😎 

I heard one pro-Black "leader".
I want to say it was Dr. Umar Johnson but  I'm not sure.

He said he would rather a WHITE MAN get in the Whitehouse instead of a Black man because atleast a White man could get things done directly and wouldn't be PRETENDING to have power he didn't have.

I thought it was an interesting observation and comment.
Not sure if I agree with it.

I have always been disappointed when it came to Obama.  Not  because of  his performance while in office, but because of the harsh criticism he constantly received from, of all people, other black men!  Sullen brothas who  attribute their contempt for him  by citing  what he didn't do for blacks while in office,- in denial about their own naivete for expecting all the things bi-racial Obama was going to do for blacks, never considering that he didn't run on a platform of singling out the black minority to help. Always implicit in his approach  was the intent of being  POTUS to all the people. Unlike his critics, Obama  may have been perceptive enough to correctly surmise that once he was elected, Mitch McConnell  and his colleagues  would block and thwart any legislation their black president would try to  push through, a vow McConnell could and did carry out since, at that time, Republicans were the Senate majority.

And it wasn't as if white voters didn't  help Obama get elected.  No.  African Americans would settle for nothing less than getting what they thought they deserved: which was EVERYTHING.  No half-steppin'. The Savior who they'd been waiting for all their lives had arrived and would perform miracles.  Forget Jesus. Barak would fulfil all their hopes, and racism would divinely vanish. At least, historians give Barack good marks when rating American presidents. 

Realistically, the only way blacks are gonna live their best lives is to stop blubbering about unifying their checkered race or becoming a carbon copy of Conservative prigs. Instead, they should  just get their shit together and merge with the mainstream. Reparations? You'd  do better buying a Powerball lottery ticket. (While sitting around patiently waiting to die, I've become an Existentialist. Can you tell?)

On 10/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, nels said:

And...to all of (you / those) out there (on this board) who think my IQ may well be below zero (0) [it's a free world], keep on thinking that while the Democrat Party cleans your clocks until they run out of grease.

@nelsYou flatter yourself.  Nobody is thinking about you or your IQ. Who cares what you babble about? You're a nonentity. 

• Thanks 1

@Cynique

While sitting around patiently waiting to die, I've become an Existentialist. Can you tell?

What ever happened to that man who was giving you rides to the store a few years ago?
Instead of waiting on something that may not happen for another 10 or 15 years, you SHOULD be sitting around waiting patiently on a PHONE CALL from him.....lol.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Pioneer1 said:

@Cynique

What ever happened to that man who was giving you rides to the store a few years ago?
Instead of waiting on something that may not happen for another 10 or 15 years, you SHOULD be sitting around waiting patiently on a PHONE CALL from him.....lol.

@Pioneer1 the Strawman strikes again, conjuring up false scenarios in order to provide himself with an opportunity to inject some silly figment of his imagination  into a discussion .  After my husband passed and, later when I stopped driving, I have never been in a situation where I've had to sit around waiting for some man to take me to the store. I don't know what you're talking about, and you don't either.  I have 5 children, and 6 grandchildren, each one only only a text message away, ready. willing, and able  to take me to where I need to go, so keep your idiotic advice to yourself and stfu. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

I have 5 children, and 6 grandchildren, each one only only a text message away, ready. willing, and able....

Please insure the family knows your login and password to the forum.😁

I think your micro-mini-family here should be informed in the event you decide to take a permanent vacation on the Existential Islands.🤗😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Barack Obama did not do a thing for Black people? Ha ha ha! What you really mean to say is that "Obama did not make me as rich as I believed Donald Trump would have."

So many popped this same B.S. three years ago. I disagreed with them then. I will always oppose their viewpoint. Because many Obama haters on here secretly love Trump and conveniently forget that Barack was elected to be President of these United States.

Not Black America

Obama became POTUS during a time of great financial turmoil. His main goal was ensuring that the U.S. banking, securities and bond industries did not collapse which would have led to another Depression. It was touch and go for a while. But Obama managed to stave off world wide breadlines. That was doing something for Blacks since Obama's skillful maneuvering with government loans protected the jobs of hundreds of thousands of Blacks.

I know. I was financial editor at the time, carefully scrutinizing the excesses and failures of White corporate America. Every friggin' day, companies were filing Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection from Creditors. One after another and in the most painful collapses, filing for Chapter 13. Which is waving the White Flag and opting for liquidation. It was so bad during 2008 and 2009 a new Website debuted: F*ucked Company.dot com

From experience, I happen to know many individuals who make their way to this discussion group maintain brutal and illogical biases. They reject anything that runs counter to their internal and psychological nonsense. Mostly because they don't read factual analysis.

Rather than tire myself out providing a line by line rebuttal which I've done in the past, I'll allow Black Enterprise Magazine to do it this time. Let's see how many read it.

Obama's positive record for helping Blacks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 6:48 PM, Cynique said:

Nobody is thinking about you or your IQ.

Cynique, it's always good to know who's paying attention and who isn't. And, the best part is that you actually fell for the IQ nonsense that I mentioned, which was added just for you. Glad to see that it's still so easy to elicit an errant response.

On 10/25/2023 at 2:35 PM, nels said:

...glad to see that it's still so easy to elicit an errant response.

@nels Doesn't take much to make you "glad", does it?  And it's not as if your silly explanation absolves rather than confirms your being a "babbling nonentity".  Is it any wonder you have trouble getting folks to "pay attention" to what you barf? You're nothing but a microcosm of what the ludicrous Retrumpican party has become.  Now run along and, like the conservative minion  that you are, go dig up some links to right wing propaganda  so you can spam this board with them. 😴

On 10/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, ProfD said:

I think your micro-mini-family here should be informed in the event you decide to take a permanent vacation on the Existential Islands.

@ProfDTroy knows my real name. He can always check my FaceBook page from time to time. If it's closed down, ding dong, the wicked witch is dead, went to sleep and died in her bed.  - and the celebrations can begin! 😂 

@Stefan 👍 your setting the record straight on Obama is appreciated!

• Like 1

@Cynique the problem with Barrack Obama's presidency goes into the deeper problem in the Black populace in the USA which is older than everyone in this forum by hundreds of years, that Obama couldn't do anything about. 

The Black populace in the USA has tribes. There is no WE! in the black populace in the usa and I will be blunt, their is no We in the USA. 

Back to black people in the usa,  the tribes in the black populace of the usa have different desires , different wants, always have. It isn't new. The USA was founded, again i repeat, with black people who fought to stop the usa from going into existence, while a lesser quantity but far more than one black person fought to start the usa. 

What bothers me, is that for some reason, most black groups in the usa, while they clearly differ on what they want for themselves or for the black populace en large, don't seem able to accept when other black people differ with them. 

Is the black populace in the USA a community of prosyletizers? I nearly hate proselytizing

4 hours ago, richardmurray said:

the problem with Barrack Obama's presidency goes into the deeper problem in the Black populace in the USA which is older than everyone in this forum by hundreds of years, that Obama couldn't do anything about. 

The Black populace in the USA has tribes. There is no WE! in the black populace in the usa and I will be blunt, their is no We in the USA. 

Back to black people in the usa,  the tribes in the black populace of the usa have different desires , different wants, always have. It isn't new. The USA was founded, again i repeat, with black people who fought to stop the usa from going into existence, while a lesser quantity but far more than one black person fought to start the usa. 

What bothers me, is that for some reason, most black groups in the usa, while they clearly differ on what they want for themselves or for the black populace en large, don't seem able to accept when other black people differ with them. 

Is the black populace in the USA a community of prosyletizers? I nearly hate proselytizing

Edited 2 hours ago by richardmurray

@richardmurray I would certainly agree with what you say about black America being tribal. That's why I've never had a lot of hope for black unity. And I  believe that  the slave pecking order that consisted of house negroes. yard negras and field niggas set the stage for this tribalism to gradually develop.

ln my post defending Obama, I referred to the black race as being "checkered". And the cultural differences among the black middle-class and the ghetto underclass also influence this divisiveness   Yes, others would argue that our common skin color and the racism it triggers is enough to merge African Americans into a monolith. But colorism among ourselves dilutes that idea, 

I'd also agree that blacks, myself included. do have difficulty accepting other blacks who think differently from themselves. Yet, having different  approaches to the same  goal is  a human characteristic that spawns tribalism in all ethnicities

So, in the final analysis, as you imply about blacks who "while they clearly differ on what they want for themselves or for the black populace en large, don't seem able to accept when other black people differ with them."  - all of which contributed to Obama's inability to fulfill the expectations of all of them. 

And, - so it goes.

@Cynique   Does a problem exist that is deeper than the pecking order ?I say yes.  White people pitting black people against each other as the masters is inevitable. But, the question is how do black people reply to white people themselves plus the usa? 

Some  black folk kept in the house, hated whites or worked to kill whites. Some black folk kept in the field hated whites or worked to kill whites. 

Some black folk kept in the house, served whites lovingy or aided white power. Some black folk kept in the field served whites lovingly or aided white power.

Black people's reaction to whites themselves is where the black tribes differences vary most potently. 

In my reading of the works of zora neale hurston, whom I love, I find little mention of internal black colorisms from blacks who lived before the war between the states. While in the letters during reconstruction I see a rise in colorism mentions. Which to me suggest, I admittedly can't know for sure, black folk after the war between the states, in our again, negative situation, grew the internal color war to fight for scraps. To paraphrase mlk jr , bootless people trying to pick themselves up by bootstraps. But again, the white populace is why we were fighting for scraps. 

In the usa today, the black populace has more tribes than ever before, and the unity of skin or background, ala DOS isn't enough. But the reason black unity failed in the past wasn't internal multivision,by my reading,  it was a far simpler reason. We simply failed. Unity can fail. 

The irish took near 1000 years to get rid of the english and only got 3/4 of their island then. So technically they still haven't won.  It takes time. you have many losses in a time, when up against a stronger opponent. But your losses are not because of your own multivision, you are simply weaker. 

As an enslaved people who were completely enslaved, not being allowed to even raise ourselves, that is a very negative start point to want to take over your masters. We don't have a situation like the irish or the palestinean. If any parallel to Black populace in the usa exist , i argue it is the romani or gypsies of europe. They live throughout all europe, are a part of european culture, but don't have any control of one country of europe. the Black populace in the usa is a similar story. 

Is it the same goal?  Cynique, you think a black person wanting to go out and kill white people, is the same goal as a black person wanting to be president of the usa? Maybe you do, but for me at least,  It isn't the same and I think that is where many in humanity get it wrong. Black donkeys side Black elephants are two sides of the same coin. yes. But, black people still desiring garveyism. Black people desiring militant stances against whites , are not the same thing as black people wanting to be elected officials in the usa. 

Obama could had served all black tribes, by admitting his actions aided only one black tribe. In my view, obama failed , like smiley failed, in admitting the tribalism. Obama couldn't publicly say that many black people want something he by default hinders. Again to smiley, he failed in admitting that Obama isn't failing the black populace, but only serves one group in the black populace. Smiley mischaracterized obama as a black person trying to unite all the tribes or responsible for uniting all the tribes. That isn't true, at least to me.  When Obama said he is the president of all america, I knew he was correct. BUT, how many  black people want black elected officials to be concerned with all in the usa. I argue, half or maybe more of black people in the usa , definitely a solid 30% to 40% wouldn't mind a black elected official who is unconcerned to the plight of the non black. And he couldn't because to admit such a thing is to state the usa isn't the country for all, which is a key philosophy of obama and black people like him. But history to be blunt, proves that position false. And, i will add, a third tier, Cornell WEst. WHile Smiley is clearly speaking from the black nationalist tradition in the usa which is older than the usa itself, it comes from the british period. Obama is speaking from what I call the black statian position which is as old as the usa itself. Cornell west is speaking from the moral position. He wanted Obama to be a moral leader. Obama wasn't a priest, but a lawyer. And moreover, the kind of leadership it takes to make an empire have a code of conduct is... rare. So in obama/smiley/west you have three tribes. Not to mention the likes of armstrong williams who are black fiscalists or Clarence Thomas who is a Black  individualist, a growing group, which makes sense with all the failures of unity as well as the dysfunction in so many black tribes. 

I have to end with a point to the total stranger who may read this, what I said before only concerns the black populace in the usa. I have travelled. The black populace under every other government in humanity, to be blunt is a different makeup and what goes on in the usa's black populace doesn't apply at all, and if you apply the black populace in the usa to black populaces under any other government you will get dysfunction. 

On 10/12/2023 at 6:23 PM, Stefan said:

Obama's skillful maneuvering with government loans protected the jobs of hundreds of thousands of Blacks.

You’d need to back that statement up, as during that period many black people lost not only jobs, but their homes.

A net gain of hundreds of thousands of jobs for Blacks sounds like an exaggeration. I would love to see data to back that statement as well up as well @Stefan The Article from Black Enterprise does not make those claims and tags like promotional copy.

@Cynique I’m afraid I don’t do Facebook. I deleted my personal account years ago. However, I have a dummy account will look for you.

On 10/29/2023 at 2:56 AM, Cynique said:

And the cultural differences among the black middle-class and the ghetto underclass also influence this divisiveness 

Class is the primary thing that stratifies us as a people. 

@richardmurray  We can't be sure whether Obama did or didn't fail because we don't know what he set out to do.  What he aspired to accomplish  may have been a purely personal mission, having nothing to do with improving the lot of Blacks.  What we do know is that in American society,  black unity is elusive for many different reasons. 

I am not a seer, so I  don't know what the future holds, but in my opinion, time is running out on unity for the African American populace as diversity siphons off its membership, bleaching it out into a new bi-racial breed. Change is inevitably occurring and, like sexuality, race could become increasingly  fluid and irrelevant, even obsolete like cursive writing which Gen Zers  have abandoned in favor of keyboard typing. (A lot of what lies ahead depends on the attitudes and habits of the GenZers.)  

America and the world, in general, is in great turmoil, The survival of the human race is at risk and takes precedent over  the dilemmas of its ethnic subdivisions.  I won't be around to see how it all  sorts itself out soooo - I don't really care. Whatever will be, will be...

@TroyI agree with what you just wrote about "class".

@Cynique All I said was obama failed all black tribes in not admitting the tribalism. I never suggested he wanted to aid all black tribes or sought out to help all black tribes or one black tribe. But it was a failure, because of his position. When you are in a position of power, all of your actions breed successes plus failures, but not all successes or failures are based on what you want to do. If I run a school newspaper, and all I want is to tell the stories I want and i don't care about the readership of the paper, the readership of the paper is my success or failure , regardless of my intent. 

We... what I know is that Black Unity has failed multiple times in the past in the usa or the british colonies that preceded. I don't see black unity as elusive, it has happened a number of times, but it failed to reach their goals.

I am not as extreme as you but the populace in the USA, which is far beyond any other in terms of multiracial makeup, is becoming more and more mixed, ala like latin america. And it makes sense. Latin America always had more people than anglo america and the opening of the usa in the 1960s mostly put latin americans in the usa, which leads to a more latin american interpretation to race, which is complex and full of fluidities. In parallel though, many communities in the usa are retaliating against this. 

I don't think the earth or humanity is in turmoil at all. I think that the usa has far more chaos in it than most places. The USA causes more chaos than any other with its meddling. But the USA was never a wise empire. But that makes sense cause the usa was never a wise country. It is a country based on genocide[native american]+ enslavement[blacks]+unbounded greed[whites] and that is a very negative trio. 

@richardmurrayWhen did Obama deny that black tribalism exists?  Using your criteria, all American presidents were failures. 

You don't have to justify  that you are among the legion of black men who think Obama was a failure, i get it. I just don't comply with all of your conclusions so  - we just have to agree to disagree.  Especially when it comes to the question of whether the world is in turmoil. Your perspective is quite different than mine on this matter. As long as countries are at war and America is committed to helping  2 of them while other countries are lining up taking sides,  even as we're on the brink of a civil war at home amidst  being invaded  by thousands of illegal immigrants seeking asylum, and inflation threatens the economy as anxiety takes its toll on the population, - to me, turmoil is an appropriate description of the situation. You and I obviously view  things through 2 different sets of lenses. So  be it. 

Btw,  I should remind you that I divorced the black race a while back  because of irreconcilable differences. I'm just a spectator. 

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

I divorced the black race a while back  because of irreconcilable differences. I'm just a spectator. 

Probably the best seat in the house all things considered. 😉

Pass the torch. Let folks who have idealistic bandwidth spin their wheels trying to reconcile those differences.😁😎

• Like 1

@Cynique 

You asked when did Obama deny Black Tribalism

I quote obama in bold during his more perfect union speech

it keeps us from squarely facing our own complicity in our condition, and prevents the African-American community from forging the alliances it needs to bring about real change.

In one speech obama denied a set of truths. The changes desired by the various tribes in the black populace in the usa can not be in an alliance. I repeat, if a black person wants to leave to africa and become wealthy how does that connect with a black person that wants to be mayor of a city in the usa. It doesn't. I don't want to repeat about how some black people want to kill whites. I think it is obvious their desires for change don't fit well with black people who want to be presidents of the usa and have white colleagues.  But he also denied white tribes. And combining, he denied the tribalism in the usa. HE denied three tribalisms in one pretty famous speech. But he said it earlier in the illinois state senate. 

Using my criteria all usa presidents are failures? 

I said the following 

I never suggested he wanted to aid all black tribes or sought out to help all black tribes or one black tribe. 

What did I say that suggested Obama failed himself?  Based on my criteria Obama never failed himself or the black tribe that he represents . I argue, Obama helped the black tribe he represents plus himself extremely.  BUT that doesn't mean he helped other black tribes nor that he wanted to. Based on his words he seems to think he is, but that is an error many in his tribe always had. ala  Frederick Douglass, ala the black people who fought to create the usa. They had the same thinking as Obama. It isn't new. 

I am not justifying I am part of the legion of black men who think obama was a failure. I am describing how those black men are wrong cause obama doesn't represent the village, he only represented one tribe. While I am also  describing how those legions of black men who view obama as successful are also wrong, cause obama didn't help the black village, he helped a set of black tribes in the village. What I am doing is stating false two dysfunctional and quite repeated narratives. 

Obama succeeded for himself and the tribes in the black populace of the usa he is a pat of while he failed the tribes int he black populace of the usa he is not a part of AND , that is ok! IT isn't a negative. It isn't negative. What I am regaling is a desire for the black tribes to get out of each others way, and accept what each wants to do. 

To turmoil, fair enough, we accept to oppose. i don't think either of us like to dislike:) 

To your divorcing the black populace, that is cool. Again, the usa has always had a tribe of black divrocees from the black populace, in isolation or passing. I guess you are an isolate. It makes total sense to me. The Black populace has a history of failure in the usa. Humans like to succeed or be part of the winners, if you can't pass into the winners, individualism is the path. Luckily for Black divorcees the usa supports individualism against group activity naturally. 

The following is not for you Cynique. 

To the other who may read this, I see the usa as an empire, all empires are always dealing with internal + external chaos but that is expected as the empire exist. No empire in the history of humanity hasn't been in the exact same condition as the usa now.  The modern global system was created and is managed by the usa. Did not the usa make israel where palestine once stood? Did not the USA invite financially poor people for fiscal poor labor plus votes absent making the current populace financially viable or sturdy across the board? Did not the usa after defeating the Soviet Union manage its creation into modern Russia? Did not the USA after defeating the Soviet Union define the global economy which all countries are apart of in various ways? The USA , like all empires in human history, acted foolishly because it had the military to do so. For me, humanity is just fine. For those worried about the USA, it has many many years to go before it kicks the bucket. Will the USA change in the near future, potentially, but its mismanagement of itself is the cause. People who loved the usa: black/white/native/latino/muslim/christian all warned , wrote books. But were not heeded, which is common in empires. But all will be ok. 

@ProfD For those communalists in the black populace, i advise they simply help their tribe and don't waste time reconciling the tribes for a fair reason. Many tribes goals have no bridge, didn't in the past and will not in the future. 

2 hours ago, richardmurray said:

@ProfD For those communalists in the black populace, i advise they simply help their tribe and don't waste time reconciling the tribes for a fair reason. Many tribes goals have no bridge, didn't in the past and will not in the future. 

As it sometimes happens, we're in agreement.

My main concern has always been my tribe...folks who think along similar lines as it relates to ADOS/FBA and with regard to dismantling the system of racism white supremacy. 😎

hahah @ProfD I told you :)

Exactly, being concerned to your tribe in the village doesn't mean you have to hate the remainder of the village. A foundational black american who is ados can go to a cookout by party of andrew jackson loyalist.  But I think it does mean stop speaking ill of other tribes. That doesn't help, ala WEB Dubois to Garvey. Garvey never demanded all continental [canada to argentina] african americans  to go to africa or agree to, but WEB DUbois didn't have to speak ill of garvey in court. That legacy of opposing + making grand public announcements needs to die in the village en large. Opposing is not a problem, but stop the hindrance. 

And to piggy back on that, as I have told black elephants [ members of the party of abranham lincoln for those who may not know] , that if they showed greater nonverbal success they will get more members. Nonverbal Success matters in any group. People see nonverbal success and they are convinced far more than any speech or letter or any similar. And yet so few black tribes show nonverbal success in a grand way. 

It is interesting that the Google's algorithm is pushing that Obama video (Read more about what I think about this issue).

@richardmurray can you clarify "nonverbal success?" 

side bar: Man, I can't believe the posts I leave sometimes. I type something or use speech to text on my phone, it looks good, I hit enter, and come back later to see something incomprehensible.  I apologize but it seems to be happening more frequently.

@Troy

can you clarify "nonverbal success?" 

yes, 

First what is verbal success, and then nonverbal success, in this multilog. 

Nonverbal successes are things spoken plus used to regale to a position but absent nonverbal value which have three forms:  Laws/speeches/statistics [posters/advertisements/online messages fit one of those three] 

The 13th amendment didn't prevent hundreds of thousands of black people to be burned by whites/hanged by whites/imprisoned on plantations on whims

The civil rights act didn't build up black schools in black towns. 

All the statistics about Black crime don't aid black illegal operators in paying off law enforcement just like whites. Doesn't aid in black illeglal operators  making generational wealth for their clans like white criminals.  White asian illegal operators made chinatown and in my opinion have far more heinous acts against asians in modernity than any black illegal operator has to blacks, at least in nyc. 

Composite Nation from Frederick Douglass or I have a dream from MLK jr didn't bridge white or black people in various work places or in the legal system or the illegal system for that matter. 

Yes, people are regaled by laws, statistics, speeches, but their value is only verbal. 

Easy modern examples: the affordable care act[law], black on black crime in nyc[statistic], speeches[anything from obama/kamala harri/hakeem jeffried/sharpton or similar in the last ten years]

Nonverbal success I define to be things that do not require anyone to speak, make a statistic, or a law, yet regale to a position. 

Harlem had the renaissance ballroom, designed by blacks, owned by blacks, used by blacks. The renaissance ballroom was left to rot by blacks. HArlem has a harlem day/harlem week with a lot of posters but the renaissance ballroom was a symbol of harlem absent a need for any of that. 

Black people recall Tulsa cause it is the last black community in a city bigger than a town  in the usa that  had a black community which didn't need like the black community in nyc/la/chicago/detroit/new orleans/boston/maryland/san francisco/oakland that need to advertise themselves as the place to be. 

When I see Black Elephants or Black donkeys or Beta Israelites or Nation of Islam or Black mosque or  Black Christian Churches or Black colleges/universities or Black financial magicians they produce no nonverbal success. They have to say what they are doing, say they are great , say other black people are not great because absent saying it they can't show it. Nothing was ever easy for black people in the usa, but black people in the past did make nonverbal successes, so it can and will  happen again.  And this is unbound to the usa or even the Black populace in the usa. The problem with the various communist governmens was the same lack of nonverbal success. The problem with Mandela's south africa , no nonverbal success. The problem with the UA trying to sell its system through humanity after the victory over the soviet union, no nonverbal success. 

6 hours ago, richardmurray said:

Exactly, being concerned to your tribe in the village doesn't mean you have to hate the remainder of the village. 

Regardless of the tribe to which Black folks directly or indirectly belong, hate among them is an unnecessary impediment to progress.

Especially when all Black tribes are subject to hate externally regardless of whether or not they believe and/or accept it. 😎

@Troy I explained poorly then. Not for the first time in this community. More experience for me to explain my thoughts better.  All I can say now is while any other can derive my meaning to suggest all success is verbal through my own explanation of my meaning to verbal + nonverbal success , to me, to me, to me,  verbal success is clearly dissimilar from nonverbal success. 

@ProfD well...outside the usa i concur to you 100%. I think in brazil/nigeria/india/jamaica/germany/philipines the tribes in the black populaces can work better together, can overcome frictions or dislikes.  But the black tribes in the usa are a unique set for me. Black christian chruches made their bed, did many things to hurt other tribes. Black christian churches harmed the black militants like the panthers/opposed to firmly black nationalists like the garveyites or exodusters/betrayed in public the urban black populaces in the big cities. I think many tribes in the black populace in the usa have reason to have large dislikes between them. 

49 minutes ago, richardmurray said:

But the black tribes in the usa are a unique set for me. Black christian chruches made their bed, did many things to hurt other tribes. Black christian churches harmed the black militants like the panthers/opposed to firmly black nationalists like the garveyites or exodusters/betrayed in public the urban black populaces in the big cities. I think many tribes in the black populace in the usa have reason to have large dislikes between them. 

Black tribes in the USA have a unique history.  There is a common root cause of division among them.  It begins and ends with Black tribes 1) acknowledging/agreeing the system of racism white supremacy exists and 2) figuring out how to dismantle it. 

Regardless of where Black folks are on the planet, until they deal with the cancer that is racism white supremacy, everything else will be a source of consternation and confusion.😎

When I first started this site, I thought white racism was the crux of our problems.  However, my years of experience, and consumption of information tells me that racism. Is a tool and now a symptom of a problem we have failed to address. 

Fixing racism is a bandaid.  Unfortunately, racism like a heart attack, has to be dealt with--urgently.  But the heart attack is a symptom of the underlying cause, which ignored will never result in the end of heart attacks.

Obama could not do anything explicitly, overtly, or specifically for Black people.  If he showed a whiff favoritism to Black people, he would have been unelectable.  Racism is the reason for this, but Obama's true masters were the plutocrats who got him into office. 

Even if Hillary won it would they still would have benefited. Run the country into the ground by selling and insuring rotten mortgages--no problem, Obama will bail 'em out. It did not matter Clinton, McClain, Romney, or Obama in the seat "Too Big Rich" to fail is the bottom line.

We all pay the price, Black people and racism white ones too.

@ProfD  

So what you are saying is that of the two black initial tribes before the usa was founded: enslaved/free, the free  which was less than ten percent of the black populace needed a way, to dismantle white power. question how were the over 90% of blacks who were enslaved going to help or be communicated with, you comprehend they were enslaved to whites yes?

And, you are also saying that of the three black   initial tribes during the usa's birth: enslaved/free anti usa/free pro usa, again , enslaved was still 90% of the black populace, the two free that were free needed to figure out a way to dismantle white power, but the free pro usa blacks bought into it, so you are saying they were fools? And the free anti usa lost in a war, they fought and lost, war isn't a game, somebody has to lose. But it seems you feel the free anti usa were wrong for opposing the usa while the free pro usa were wrong for joining the usa. I think you will forgive enslaved blacks for being enslaved. 

am I correct? 

@Troy What explicitly is the problem, the various tribes in the black populace in the usa  with all their varying viewpoints or opinions or goals have not chosen  to address? 

The point I have been making continually is Obama could had did one thing for all black tribes in the usa , which is a straight forward public acknowledgement. I didn't say anything nonverbal: money/supplies/resources/connections these are nonverbal things. Obama didn't do nonverbal things for the black populace in the illinois county he was elected in, it is silly in my mind to think he will do more for a larger black populace in the usa. 

But, Obama for the black populace in  his illinois district or  illinois as a senator or the usa as a president could had simply publicly stated black tribes exists and are not compatible, are not unitable, are not unionable. A nonverbal action that doesn't help any black tribe in the usa outside of getting a high profile black person in the usa to admit something that is clearly historical fact but no black leader at any time or clout: mlk jr/malcolm/frederick douglass/marcus garvey/obama/sharpton/fannie lou hamer/shirley chisholm has ever publicly said loudly. 

5 hours ago, richardmurray said:

So what you are saying is that of the two black initial tribes before the usa was founded...

If you've noticed, I do not get into what Black tribes and leaders of the past should have done. History cannot be rewritten. 

However, we can use history to redress America's original sin of slavery as it relates to our AfroAmerican ancestors who suffered as slaves and to collect the debt America owes us.

The system of racism white supremacy is a by-product of slavery. It needs to be dismantled too. 😎

@ProfD I wish you would had continued reading, I didn't ask you what they should had did,  I asked you your opinion of their. Please continue reading my prose.  Having opinions about the past isn't trying to rewrite the past. Or maybe you don't have any opinion on anything in the past, which is fine. I know many black people like that, it isn't negative. I am not like that. I have an opinion on everything in the past.

And why does said opinion matter, cause many black people in the usa are part of a tribe who don't feel any debt is owed,in any form, to black people from whites or the usa. 

This post started with Obama and perceptions to him. But for me, the issue is how black people see our populace. The problem is, too many black people in the usa don't have the ability to embrace the internal racial multivides in the black populace in the usa and make their goals with their own tribe 

3 hours ago, richardmurray said:

I wish you would had continued reading, I didn't ask you what they should had did,  I asked you your opinion of their. Please continue reading my prose. 

I read entirely and understand too.

But, I'm always going to write according to what comes to my mind.

My opinion or what *I* think or believe may or may not line up with the reader's question(s) and/or their expectations.😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 7:29 PM, Troy said:

It is possible... but seems unlikely as it would be hard to believe that the GOP are that crafty. 

It is hard to believe I wrote this less than two months ago.  The GOP are absolutely that crafty, what was I thinking?

• Like 1