Sign in to follow this  
Troy

Malcolm X Debates Evie Rich (1961) - This is Deep

20 minutes ago, Troy said:

Legal?  What is legal is purely arbitrary.  I was not legal for Black people to read in this country not very long ago.  

@Troy  yet you continue to express the legality of a 14 year old girl marrying... as if that makes it ok.  

BUT now legal is arbitrary when I say sex without consent is ILLEGAL?  

Be careful - what you value is on full display.  

And yes, because the majority of the electorate decided it was immoral to enslaved humans and deny them basic rights... the law was abolished.  

See how that works? When people are firm on what they value - we move closer to a society that values life, each other and all that exist.  

But sure, “there are fine people on both sides” ~trump

But make no mistake,  I know I’m publicly making a value statement.  I want everyone to know I believe it is disgusting to force children to engage in sex with adults or be forced to marry adults (in age only).   That behavior shows the adult is either mentally weak and unstable , or worse, a monster.  

5 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

But sure, “there are fine people on both sides” ~trump

Again Mel you are applying your world view onto me.  I never make any moral judgments.  The quote from Trump say explicitly that their were good white racist protesters.  I never made an analogous statement, you are doing that on my behalf then stating, without justification, that these values are on display for all to see.  Of course Del cosigning this perhaps gives you the impress it is correct.  

19 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Troy  yet you continue to express the legality of a 14 year old girl marrying... as if that makes it ok.  

Again, despite expressing an opinion to the counter, you continue to argue that the statement of a fact about a law means I agree with the law.  Despite saying that the law is arbitrary and citing an example of another arbitrary law that a reasonable person knew was bad -- even when it was enacted -- you still try to use it against me to push a world view I simply to not have. 

You are too biased to see me in this instance.  Again, it is like the people vilifying Kevin for making some jokes.  I'm sorry, you are wrong about me in this case.

7 minutes ago, Troy said:

Of course Del cosigning this perhaps gives you the impress it is correct.  

There are none so blind that cannot see... but condescending too?  I didn’t think it possible! 

Whatever, Troy.  I’m done.  

Just because you can’t see it - doesn’t mean it’s not on display. 

Ok I'm done too.  

Similarly, just because you (and Del) see it does not mean it is on display, it is simply what you see.  😉

5 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano says he had an homosexual affair. Nor I'm not going to condemn the entire NOI because everyone is saying Elijah Muhammad raped a bunch of teenage girls 50 years ago.

No you rationalised it. 

6 hours ago, Troy said:

On 12/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, Delano said:

And make you appear to lacking in empathy. 

I'm glad you wrote "appear." The statement otherwise, on its face, is in accurate and borderline offense from someone who knows me.

I am mentioning it because you are unaware. Although based on your comment you are not interested in addressing it. 

If I love you, I have to make you conscious of things, you don't see. - James Baldwin

Or should I not reference an openly gay Black Intellectual?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this